Football Manager 2008 - Offline Challenge

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

The aim of this challenge is, instead of taking control of a club/nation like you may normally do so; instead you will begin the game unemployed and your reputation should be set as Sunday league footballer. To become employed, you will need to apply for a job and accept a contract, this is more than likely to be from a non-league/lower league side. You will need to load up leagues from the following countries in Europe: England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.

The aim is then to work your way up the divisions until you are managing one of the biggest clubs in Europe, those being the teams listed below:

England

• Manchester United
  • Arsenal
  • Chelsea
  • Liverpool

Spain

• F.C. Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • Valencia

Italy

• AS Roma
  • Inter Milan
  • AC Milan

Germany

• Bayern Munich

France

• Lyon

Once you've received the managerial position at one of the above mentioned clubs, you will have completed the Unemployment Challenge !

Screen-shots of your career path will need to be provided to show that you have not cheated and taken over any clubs. If anything looks suspicious, I impose the right to ask for further proof.

Hearts of Vladland
The aim of this challenge is, instead of taking control of a club/nation like you may normally do so; instead you will begin the game unemployed and your reputation should be set as Sunday league footballer. To become employed, you will need to apply for a job and accept a contract, this is more than likely to be from a non-league/lower league side. You will need to load up leagues from the following countries in Europe: England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.

The aim is then to work your way up the divisions until you are managing one of the biggest clubs in Europe, those being the teams listed below:

England

• Manchester United
  • Arsenal
  • Chelsea
  • Liverpool

Spain

• F.C. Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • Valencia

Italy

• AS Roma
  • Inter Milan
  • AC Milan

Germany

• Bayern Munich

France

• Lyon

Once you've received the managerial position at one of the above mentioned clubs, you will have completed the Unemployment Challenge !

Screen-shots of your career path will need to be provided to show that you have not cheated and taken over any clubs. If anything looks suspicious, I impose the right to ask for further proof.

Was going to do Hearts but thought that would be to easy. :eek:

Say What Again

I'm up for giving this a go.

If it's do be done in the correct spirit of the challenge though, then the quoted part above is important. The last time we were set a challenge, guys were signing the likes of Andy Driver for Rushden for ?100k and saying they were just lucky :rolleyes:

Hearts of Vladland
I'm up for giving this a go.

If it's do be done in the correct spirit of the challenge though, then the quoted part above is important. The last time we were set a challenge guys were signing the likes of Andy Driver for Rushden for ?100k and saying they were just lucky :rolleyes:

If they say that then I'll ask how the Hearts manager was at the time and ask for Screen-shoot of the manager's career.

Hearts of Vladland

Oh yeah tip.

Remember to load all the league to lowest they can.

Hearts of Vladland

So far I've got to November without a job rejected an offer from a German team Oggersherim (sp?) now thinking I made a mistake.

So far I've got to November without a job rejected an offer from a German team Oggersherim (sp?) now thinking I made a mistake.

What was the info like? Stadium capacity etc?

Hearts of Vladland
What was the info like? Stadium capacity etc?

30000 (6000 seated)

Media Prediction: 18th

There a semi-pro team

And wages where something like ?100 a week

Oh yeah there fierce rivals are worms :laugh:

30000 (6000 seated)

Media Prediction: 18th

There a semi-pro team

And wages where something like ?100 a week

Oh yeah there fierce rivals are worms :laugh:

I'd probably have rejected it aswell :laugh:

You'll get a job in Scotland before long when some manager gets sacked.

Hearts of Vladland
I'd probably have rejected it aswell :laugh:

You'll get a job in Scotland before long when some manager gets sacked.

You'd think that wouldn't you but East Fife say'd I wasn't experienced enough

You'd think that wouldn't you but East Fife say'd I wasn't experienced enough

:laugh:

I remember the last time I started unemployed and within a couple of months I had the Morton job :eek:

Going to start this now.

Hearts of Vladland
:laugh:

I remember the last time I started unemployed and within a couple of months I had the Morton job :eek:

Going to start this now.

Remeber the sunday league part.

Remeber the sunday league part.

Have done mate, I've just applied for the gig at St Pauli, although I expect to be rejected.

You better get a job soon or you'll become as desperate as Rix :eek:

Hearts of Vladland
I might start again it is taking to long to get a job.

Started again got to the end off the january transfer window without a job. :(

If I don't get a job this time I'm changing the challange to semi-pro footballer.

Started again got to the end off the january transfer window without a job. :(

If I don't get a job this time I'm changing the challange to semi-pro footballer.

Cool.

I'm struggling along just now and I never even got a reply about the St Pauli job :confused:

Hearts of Vladland
Have done mate, I've just applied for the gig at St Pauli, although I expect to be rejected.

You better get a job soon or you'll become as desperate as Rix :eek:

Sconnie can you please post screen shot just to prove that you tick the sunday league one. Just incase you cheated doubt you did though.;)

I've done this on most Football Managers. Challenge was to load up Italy, Spain, Scotland and England.

Aim was to get to the top of the Hall of Fame from unemployed. I did always start with a professional past, to get a wee start.

I can't get in to the new FM though. There's so many screens on the match day.

Hearts of Vladland
Cool.

I'm struggling along just now and I never even got a reply about the St Pauli job :confused:

Perhaps a good thing they might be thinking about offering you the job.

Sconnie can you please post screen shot just to prove that you tick the sunday league one. Just incase you cheated doubt you did though.;)

Any idea what page I can find this on? Just had a quick scan and can't find nothing.

St Pauli actually have a manager now, I didn't even get an unsuccessful reply...:(

Hearts of Vladland
Any idea what page I can find this on? Just had a quick scan and can't find nothing.

St Pauli actually have a manager now, I didn't even get an unsuccessful reply...:(

http://photobucket.com/ Do you not know how to do it.

If you don't

Just started and have accepted the Oggersheim job. Looks like I may have a bit of a battle on my hands they are rank.

Hearts of Vladland
I know how it's done I just can't find a bit on my FM which displays that I'm a Sunday league footballer...

It will says unproven.

Hearts of Vladland
Just started and have accepted the Oggersheim job. Looks like I may have a bit of a battle on my hands they are rank.

Screen-shot please of the offer.

Hearts of Vladland
August 16th and there are no jobs available :(

I had to wait till December and still none that is why I started again.

I had to wait till December and still none that is why I started again.

It's all part of the challenge!

I'm away for a game of CoD4 so I'll resume this later.

Guest juvehearts

Well i cat get sunday league football on my FM game, i can only get automatic, professional footballer or international footballer look....

fmstart.jpg

So i just hit automatic & it came up as this........................

managervacencies.jpg

So I will let you know what job i get & how long it'll take. ;)

is that cool?

tommythejambo

Might have to join you all on this one.

Exceedingly bored and can't go out because I'm saving for about 4 trips :D.

Hearts of Vladland
Well i cat get sunday league football on my FM game, i can only get automatic, professional footballer or international footballer look....

fmstart.jpg

So i just hit automatic & it came up as this........................

managervacencies.jpg

So I will let you know what job i get & how long it'll take. ;)

is that cool?

Did you

A

You will need to load up leagues from the following countries in Europe: England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.

And B

Oh yeah tip.

Remember to load all the league to lowest they can.

Guest juvehearts

Woo Hoo Managed to fix it so i can become a sunday league manager, i am now unproven lol :(

fmstart-1.jpg

profile-1.jpg

I will post the job offer when i get one lol, could be a long time before i get one! :rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts

jost to show that i aint cheating here is the list of teams avaiable at the start of the game!

woo hoo :(

teams.jpg

Hearts of Vladland
jost to show that i aint cheating here is the list of teams avaiable at the start of the game!

woo hoo :(

teams.jpg

Cool you got a team yet.

Say What Again

To save me trawling through all the posts - has this become a shambles already?

Hearts of Vladland
To save me trawling through all the posts - has this become a shambles already?

No:untitled::scared:

I'm giving this a go.

Up until the end of August, still unemployed.

p><p>I was another one that got offered the Oggersheim job almost from the start, but I didn

<a href=picture2ys0.th.gif' alt='picture2ys0.th.

It's frustrating that we are all only offered the same job, I'll keep plodding along but maybe we should change the rules slightly, mainly because it's better that we all don't manage the same team?

see when use tryed to install this game how long did it take to install, and did it come up with the file names, i left mine installing for 2 hours and still was at the same point so i threw the game in the cupboard.

Guest juvehearts
I'm giving this a go.

Up until the end of August, still unemployed.

p><p>I was another one that got offered the Oggersheim job almost from the start, but I didn

p><p>It

I dont know about that lol,

theyre a difficult challenge, theyve just been promoted from the div below & they have a 2000-1 chance of winning the league & hardly any players wanna come to them as your media prediction is 18th

any players that DO come that arnt on a FT contract get snapped up by bigger clubs so either way youre up sheet creek, i managed to get them to 8th postition, IMO some acheviment considering you have most of the top division reserve teams playing in the league.

next season my media prediction is 8th, so hopefuly one of 2 things'll happen.

1 is they become a professioonal club & i can bring in players

2. i get offered a better job & GTF outta there! :dribble::dribble::dribble:

option 2 plz!!!

My PC would run too slow if I selected every league from every nation so I'll not bother with the challenge. I'll carry on with all leagues from Scotland, upto League Two in England, and every other country has two divisions.

Archived