The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lennon said Gordon has an injury.

They must have known Bain was back from injury - still want 3 keepers it seems. 

Yes but the reaon I mentioned it was that it was mentioned earlier on this thread that one of the reason's for Lennon not allowing Gordon to leave Celtic fro us was that Bain was injured.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, wavydavy said:

Yes but the reaon I mentioned it was that it was mentioned earlier on this thread that one of the reason's for Lennon not allowing Gordon to leave Celtic fro us was that Bain was injured.

Yeah

Lawwell it seems is involved in deciding squad.

Another thing they could have done is recall Scotland U21 keeper Ross Doohan who is good enough. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Do you believe we would have got him on a free transfer from Celtic, on a 4 month deal, for a couple of grand a week?

I thought and hoped we were trying to get him on loan.  Anything else would silly as per the rest of your post.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not as costly as getting relegated.. we would have won that game yesterday with Gordon in goals

We're not getting relegated. 

On 01/02/2020 at 05:56, Seymour M Hersh said:

From the BBC website about Kamberi's move to hunbrox. :laugh:

"Kamberi's remarks will have gone down in Leith like a highlights video of the 2012 Scottish Cup final".

:rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lennon said Gordon has an injury.

They must have known Bain was back from injury - still want 3 keepers it seems. 

Celtic are still in 3 tournaments. Can see why they'd rather keep Gordon than go through the whole process of finding someone else at this stage.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Hahaha here's GorillaJam with the ITK Aberdeen specials again. Absolute slaver :lol:

Pretty sure he told us Boyce had agreed to sign for Aberdeen a few weeks ago 😂

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He is but that's not the point. 

A very costly short term solution to a long term problem.

Do you believe we would have got him on a free transfer from Celtic, on a 4 month deal, for a couple of grand a week?

Not a chance. 

I can't see why we would want to saddle ourselves with a past it, injury prone, 37 year old, on thousands a week, for 1 and half, 2-3 years? 

He wasn't worth it. We need a long term solution not an expensive sticking plaster. 

We'll have to just go with what we have until the summer and then perhaps we will finally get it sorted. 

As long as Bobby sticks to his 6 yard box, we might be OK. 

Or see what young Harry Stone is made of. 

Craig Gordon has played over 200 matches in 4.1/2 seasons.......

Hardly the record of an injury prone player.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Look mate I put up information in regards transfers etc etc whether you or anybody else take it as 100% gospel or not, that's up to you what I do know is i have been proven to be right on many occasions so I will just leave it at that mate. 

Thankyou for your correspondence Cheers Bongo 1874👍

I appreciate your posts but sometimes you must wonder if it’s worth it.

It’s like your being interrogated.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Craig Gordon has played over 200 matches in 4.1/2 seasons.......

Hardly the record of an injury prone player.

He's got a fecked knee that he's been injured with every season since he originally injured it. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

He's got a fecked knee that he's been injured with every season since he originally injured it. 

Over 200 games in 4.1/2 season indicates your wrong.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Over 200 games in 4.1/2 season indicates your wrong.

He's been injured with the same knee injury every season. That is a fact. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

But his knee isn’t “fecked” as you put it.

Celtic wouldn’t have given Craig Gordon two contracts if his knee was fecked and couldn’t play in over 200 matches in 4.1/2 seasons if his knee was fecked.

And if his knee was fecked Celtic would have grabbed the opportunity to save themselves about £250,000 or more to rid themselves of him.

But they oddly didn’t.....

That my dear.....is the real fact.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

But his knee isn’t “fecked” as you put it.

Celtic wouldn’t have given Craig Gordon two contracts if his knee was fecked and couldn’t play in over 200 matches in 4.1/2 seasons if his knee was fecked.

And if his knee was fecked Celtic would have grabbed the opportunity to save themselves about £250,000 or more to rid themselves of him.

But they oddly didn’t.....

That my dear.....is the real fact.

Injury prone means - prone to injury, does it not? 

Every single season since his original knee injury, he has been injured at some point with a knee injury. Therefore he is prone to injury. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Every single season since his original knee injury, he has been injured at some point with a knee injury. Therefore he is prone to injury. 

But his knees not fecked.

Sure he’s been out here and there.....but 200 games in 4.1/2 years is more games than most players in the country have played. So he’s in more risk to get an injury. He’ll pay less games here so the risk will decrease.

Also.....

Micheal Smith has been prone to injury since he got here...missed games every season iirc. What do we do with him ?

Do we make Naismith available for transfer? Souttar too ? Hickeys been out twice with injury this season. Is he fecked ?

This stuff happens every window, clubs saying meet our valuation or **** off. 

It isn't just about the now, it's about letting other clubs knowing that Barnsley won't be lowballed - you want our players, you pay our valuation, end of conversation. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s just nonsense economics and I don’t believe that was the reason we didn’t get him. We will know come summer. 
👍

Worth more to the club for him to stay and help keep them in the league. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

But his knees not fecked.

Sure he’s been out here and there.....but 200 games in 4.1/2 years is more games than most players in the country have played. So he’s in more risk to get an injury. He’ll pay less games here so the risk will decrease.

Also.....

Micheal Smith has been prone to injury since he got here...missed games every season iirc. What do we do with him ?

Do we make Naismith available for transfer? Souttar too ? Hickeys been out twice with injury this season. Is he fecked ?

Pretty sure any player that was out of the game for the best part of three years with a knee injury then subsequently suffers from a recurring knee injury every season would be classed as prone to injury.

At 37 years old, it's pretty logical to suggest he's even more susceptible to injuries. 

Michael Smith, Naisy and Soapy would certainly be classed as prone to injury but they aren't 37 years old.

Why would we want a 37 year old Goalkeeper with a recurring knee injury who is well past his best and who's kicking and distribution have always been the weakest part of his game? 

The obsession on here with signing anyone the previously played for Hearts is beyond ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Pretty sure any player that was out of the game for the best part of three years with a knee injury then subsequently suffers from a recurring knee injury every season would be classed as prone to injury.

At 37 years old, it's pretty logical to suggest he's even more susceptible to injuries. 

Michael Smith, Naisy and Soapy would certainly be classed as prone to injury but they aren't 37 years old.

Why would we want a 37 year old Goalkeeper with a recurring knee injury who is well past his best and who's kicking and distribution have always been the weakest part of his game? 

The obsession on here with signing anyone the previously played for Hearts is beyond ridiculous. 

Craig Gordon is in the Top 4 GK’s in the country....that’s why we should sign him.

Gordon has a clause in his contract that automatically kicks in if he plays a certain amount of games. Was told he's close to that but Celtic don't want him next season.

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Craig Gordon is in the Top 4 GK’s in the country....that’s why we should sign him.

There’s literally thousands of goalkeepers in the world. 

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Believe what you want mate 👍  as I say every player has a valuation and unless it's met he goes nowhere. 

Not any different from us with paterson or walker, or Souttar or Hickey 

The fact of the matter is they have a valuation we either meet it or we don't, which isn't any different from us if we put a valuation on a player and his contract is running out. 

Cheers mate Bongo 1874.

“Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” - Mark Twain

You Sir, are a legend. The info you provide is always concise and correct. 

I along with many others thank you and only suggest that you should take heed of auld Mark’s wise warning.

Most people are not equipped to understand the intricacies of how a football club’s business actually works, spare yourself mate and know you’re appreciated.  

J.T.F.Robertson
12 minutes ago, jimlaurie11 said:

“Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” - Mark Twain

You Sir, are a legend. The info you provide is always concise and correct. 

I along with many others thank you and only suggest that you should take heed of auld Mark’s wise warning.

Most people are not equipped to understand the intricacies of how a football club’s business actually works, spare yourself mate and know you’re appreciated.  

Seconded.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Really ?

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately you and question mark seem to think we should oy sign anyone that has previously played for Hearts. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Unfortunately you and question mark seem to think we should oy sign anyone that has previously played for Hearts. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately that’s just not true.

I don’t recall another ex Hearts player I’ve said we should be signing.....

You bash on talking nonsense though if it gets you through the winter evenings.

Sawdust Caesar

Craig Gordon's competitive games played since 2015/16.

15/16 played  in 55 out of 57 games

16/17 played 55 out of 60

17/18 played 45 out of 62

18/19 played 32 out of 63

19/20 played 6 out of 43

Dunno if that will help settle the argument.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Unfortunately that’s just not true.

I don’t recall another ex Hearts player I’ve said we should be signing.....

You bash on talking nonsense though if it gets you through the winter evenings.

Whatever. 

1 minute ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Craig Gordon's competitive games played since 2015/16.

15/16 played  in 55 out of 57 games

16/17 played 55 out of 60

17/18 played 45 out of 62

18/19 played 32 out of 63

19/20 played 6 out of 43

Dunno if that will help settle the argument.

That had nothing to do with the argument. 

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Worth more to the club for him to stay and help keep them in the league. 

Except he hasn’t played for them for over four months 

44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Except he hasn’t played for them for over four months 

May still yet We all know about injuries and suspensions. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pretty sure he told us Boyce had agreed to sign for Aberdeen a few weeks ago 😂

That and the £14 million the sheep were due from the sale of Cosgrove and McKenna 😂

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

May still yet We all know about injuries and suspensions. 

Don’t hold your breath, he has been fit for a good while. 

Sawdust Caesar
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That had nothing to do with the argument. 

The argument that he has or has not been injury prone every single season since his original knee injury, which was around 12 years ago. He played nearly all of Celtic's games in 15/16 and 16/17, the games he missed were not through injury,, as far as I know. Anyway, I've no real interest in this either way. If Stendel thinks he can do a job, fine. If he doesn't want him, I'm equally fine with that.

23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That’s not a fact.

The knee injury that kept him out for 2 years was a rare condition with his patella tendon. (Same thing that Rafa Nadal had). That has been fine for years and hasn’t reoccurred. He injured his medial ligament in his OTHER knee in a collision with Effe Ambrose a couple of seasons ago. 

He has been fit for over a year now but with Bain doing well last season and similarly Forster this season, he just hasn’t played. 

On 02/02/2020 at 13:59, Cruyff said:

Gordon would be nothing more than a short term sticking plaster. We couldn't even guarantee that he'd be fit enough to play. He'd have been a waste of a jersey and money. 

I've got no doubt Stendel and Sievers will be on the case looking for 2 keepers in the summer. 

There is no other position in football that can make or break a team like a goalkeeper can. Having a good goalkeeper can have a positive effect for the whole team and consequently having a poor keeper (and we have 3 of them) can have a negative effect. While in your opinion Gordon may have been a temporary fix, he is still miles better than any of the three we have. Yes, he's not great with the ball at his feet but his shot stopping and positioning are far superior to what we currently have that I am certain having him or another competent goalkeeper would do more for the team morale and the confidence of the team especially the defence, which appears to be affected knowing the goalkeeper currently playing can at any time cost one or two goals. We need a goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the players in front of him and while he may have been a temporary fix, Gordon would have done that.

1 hour ago, dougal said:

There is no other position in football that can make or break a team like a goalkeeper can. Having a good goalkeeper can have a positive effect for the whole team and consequently having a poor keeper (and we have 3 of them) can have a negative effect. While in your opinion Gordon may have been a temporary fix, he is still miles better than any of the three we have. Yes, he's not great with the ball at his feet but his shot stopping and positioning are far superior to what we currently have that I am certain having him or another competent goalkeeper would do more for the team morale and the confidence of the team especially the defence, which appears to be affected knowing the goalkeeper currently playing can at any time cost one or two goals. We need a goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the players in front of him and while he may have been a temporary fix, Gordon would have done that.

Yeah

But Celtic refused to let him leave. 

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

But Celtic refused to let him leave. 

I appreciate that but he surely wasn't the only keeper who was looking to move. I'm not saying Gordon is the answer but it has become apparent that a goalkeeper probably should have been higher up the list of priorities especially after we had secured Boyce.