The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

N Lincs Jambo

Would be very surprised if Stendel signed Gordon. I was watching Pereira on Sunday and my impression was that his confidence has improved (1st half header!) and he just seems to be that 5-10% better. Maybe that’s also down to Stendel sorting out the back four. Can’t see Gordon returning if he’s not guaranteed a start. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

If you read Stendels comments from

the other about the striker it's clearly going to be a young player. He mentions about wanting a striker not just for now but for the future which would probably mean a permanent signing but also of a young striker which would rule out a few names

6 minutes ago, bazman said:

the other about the striker it's clearly going to be a young player. He mentions about wanting a striker not just for now but for the future which would probably mean a permanent signing but also of a young striker which would rule out a few names

Probably gonna be the young German guy, Herman, we looked at earlier in the window.

17 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Any chance of Thiam or Bahre coming in from Barnsley mate?

Barnsley trying to get Thiam out the door we enquired about a loan move, from what I heard we were looking to get a creative player in which would take it up to 2. 

Never say never 😉 as I said players become available nearer the end of the window, with a few looking for regular game. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barnsley trying to get Thiam out the door we enquired about a loan move, from what I heard we were looking to get a creative player in which would take it up to 2. 

Never say never 😉 as I said players become available nearer the end of the window, with a few looking for regular game. 

Stendera? 

11 minutes ago, bazman said:

Possibly, but the quote was "not only for six months, but for the future", which I just took to mean that he's more interested in permanent deals than loans or short-term contracts, rather than any comment on the player's age. He also said he was looking for players who can help us in our current situation.

Captain Canada

It would make no sense at all to sign Gordon. 

1) His wages would be high

2) Stendel doesn't know him

3) We have a keeper coach and an assistant manager who is also a keeper coach

4) We have three senior keepers and a highly rated youngster already

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Doubt it if he wants to play elsewhere

Just now, Captain Canada said:

Point 4 is the issue. None of our keepers are good enough but at least Pereira seems to work well in our system. I reckon it’s academic though. Gordon won’t be coming. 

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No danger would Stendel want an auld has been crock like Gordon, who gets a nose bleed everytime who goes outside his 6 yard box. Made up fantasy stuff. 

FTFY

number witheld
2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Actually, when does the window SLAM SHUT?

is it midnight Friday?

Wonder if Hearts CHIEFS will SWOOP for someone before the slam. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It has been forgotten I think that Levein “rested” Berra but had to bring him on after 30 mins when Halkett got injured

I am glad Levein is gone but he started some of the changes we now have in place and that are working

- defence without Berra 
- Clare at right back

I would take Gordon. Great keeper and a Hearts man which would give that extra % when playing. We will need it for the battle and he could handle the pressure. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I would take Gordon. Great keeper and a Hearts man which would give that extra % when playing. We will need it for the battle and he could handle the pressure. 

Sentiment over head 

Was a great keeper. Isn’t as good now. Has the distribution of Berra

Would potentially be a good goalie coach - but he isn’t even good back up for Stendel’s style of play and I rate the guy as an old school keeper.

55 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

1 going out imminent, trying to get others sorted 👍🇱🇻

All sounds good . Puzzled by MS comments tonight . 'Over 30 players , need to get rid of all the dead wood' ?

He mentioned Damour who may or may not have impressed DS ? Nobody else .

Looking at the squad , well under 30 , who are the deadwood boys ?

Ignoring who we have already told they can go .

Seems a bit mythic 

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So the one coming on would be a striker as Stendel suggested? 

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

All sounds good . Puzzled by MS comments tonight . 'Over 30 players , need to get rid of all the dead wood' ?

Seems a bit mythic 

Damour never even made the bench on Sunday 😏

A 4 year deal he got 🙄

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Seems a bit mythic 

Yeah

Ignoring 5 players have gone 

Usual ranting 

49 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Pre Stendel we had held “talks” with Gordon. Can’t see it happening now tho. 

Nope, wouldn't have thought so. 

15 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FTFY

:laugh:

Gordon is probably still a good shot stopper but so is Bobby. Bobby is one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen at Hearts, he makes some incredible saves however like Gordon his distribution is horrendous and his decision making is erratic to put it kindly. Gordon would be a pointless signing. 

I'm absolutely certain that Daniel and big Sievers will have a shortlist of names for the summer. In the meantime, Pereira offers us a lot and plays an important role despite his apparent shortcomings. 

24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Possibly, but the quote was "not only for six months, but for the future", which I just took to mean that he's more interested in permanent deals than loans or short-term contracts, rather than any comment on the player's age. He also said he was looking for players who can help us in our current situation.

That's how I viewed it as well. 

Somebody that make an immediate impact. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Nope, wouldn't have thought so. 

:laugh:

Gordon is probably still a good shot stopper but so is Bobby. Bobby is one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen at Hearts, he makes some incredible saves however like Gordon his distribution is horrendous and his decision making is erratic to put it kindly. Gordon would be a pointless signing. 

I'm absolutely certain that Daniel and big Sievers will have a shortlist of names for the summer. In the meantime, Pereira offers us a lot and plays an important role despite his apparent shortcomings. 

Bobby is capable of incredible reaction saves.. however he is also capable of not knowing where he is in his goals.

the goal Marvin the abuser scores at tynecastle May have been one of the worst bits of keeping I’ve ever seen in my life 🤦‍♂️ Though hibs opener in the derby was up there as well 🤦‍♂️

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Seems a bit mythic 

Probably be the case that when Hearts got "rid of all the dead wood", Stewart and his giggling mates would then express their horror that Hearts were dumping good honest pros, and treating them so badly.

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Damour never even made the bench on Sunday 😏

A 4 year deal he got 🙄

Indeed .

But no previous mention of White and he slots in . Makes me think he sees him as part of his squad . At the moment .

Damour ? No idea 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gordon quite simply is a far better keeper than any of the jugglers ever will be

However at 37 you have to believe Stendel will be rightly looking elsewhere. 

His assistant is an expert ffs, Levein gave the position scant respect. 

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I hope he is not one of them

Struggles with fitness and weight issues

Oh and he's out of contract in June I believe

Edited by CJGJ

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bobby is capable of incredible reaction saves.. however he is also capable of not knowing where he is in his goals.

the goal Marvin the abuser scores at tynecastle May have been one of the worst bits of keeping I’ve ever seen in my life 🤦‍♂️ Though hibs opener in the derby was up there as well 🤦‍♂️

No way would we ever be able to rely on Bobby 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Decision making as witnessed on many occasions awful. Something Doyle actually wins at. But he is wooden and prone to disaster. 

Pereira is young and might improve he is like the kid at pass the parcel all the same,  either that or there's a bomb inside the ball 

Wonder if we will try get Alex Mowatt in early. Manager wants him, but guess we would need to sell before trying. He would be a creative player from midfield. Great passer of the ball.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Wonder if we will try get Alex Mowatt in early. Manager wants him, but guess we would need to sell before trying. He would be a creative player from midfield. Great passer of the ball.

He's Barnsley's captain and a regular starter so think we may struggle

Just now, bazman said:

He's Barnsley's captain and a regular starter so think we may struggle

Think he was dropped at the weekend and was not very happy. Out of contract at end of season.

south morocco
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Trying to move Damour on. Not seen as value for money thanks to the bumper 4 year deal he was handed. 

Had high hopes for him but he’s not been very good at all. Be hard to move him on but you never know 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Trying to move Damour on. Not seen as value for money thanks to the bumper 4 year deal he was handed. 

no surprise.. to slow on the ball

21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

So the one coming on would be a striker as Stendel suggested? 

Striker is the priority, but from what I've been told Stendel is still after a creative wide player👍🇱🇻.

Thiam can play wide left, wide right, attacking midfield, or striker. 

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Reliably informed that the deal they want before the end of the window is Thiam from Barnsley. 

:sweeet:

14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would absolutely love this but if we have any chance (and that’s a big IF) then surely it will be on a pre-contract if anything. Can’t see Barnsley letting a player like him go when facing a relegation battle. Unless there’s a fee involved and their owners prioritise the money now as opposed to what staying in the championship could provide them.

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I hope he is not one of them

Struggles with fitness and weight issues

Oh and he's out of contract in June I believe

Thiam would add something to us mate, under Stendel he had a great season in League 1 

CRAIG GORDON IS NOT GOING TO BE A HEARTS PLAYER. NOW AMOUNT OF CLICK BAIT WEBSITES OR HISTORIAN FANS WILL CHANGE STENDEL'S MIND.

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

CRAIG GORDON IS NOT GOING TO BE A HEARTS PLAYER. NOW AMOUNT OF CLICK BAIT WEBSITES OR HISTORIAN FANS WILL CHANGE STENDEL'S MIND.

Amen to that 

24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

As I said about a month ago there had been talks, and Stendel wants him here, interest from championship clubs and league 1 clubs. 

he also has a 1 year club option on his contract but Barnsley haven't activated that yet 👍🇱🇻

Edited by Bongo 1874

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

There was never any chance of this happening. Pereira will be our keeper until end of season and reassess from there.

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Good

7 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

I don’t know much about thiam,is there something in him to be excited about coming to hearts?

It's all about opinion...a danger of being another Christian Nade for me

9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Ann wants him. Daniel does not.