The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

True but just what some people have hunted that it would be a busy week. 

Every days busy at Hearts

Have to keep the.club afloat 

Edited by rudi must stay

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

True but just what some people have hunted that it would be a busy week. 

Would imagine behind the scenes loads of things going on for signings and players leaving 

LarrysRightFoot

Sounds as though we def expect one more. 

Anything else may depend on Berra leaving - will free up a good wage. Also Hickey being sold (loaned back) could really help is push the boat out. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

that is as good an offer as he will get..  on another note I’d like Lyndon Dykes at tynecastle 

Why do they have to be from Lyndon?!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Anything else may depend on Berra leaving - will free up a good wage. Also Hickey being sold (loaned back) could really help is push the boat out. 

think it will 3 or 4 tbh depending on exits 

lost in space
24 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Doubt that it will free up a good wage unfortunately.  If he is on £4k at the moment and joins a small club (£1k maybe), I would imagine that we would pay the £3k per week until the summer.

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Doubt that it will free up a good wage unfortunately.  If he is on £4k at the moment and joins a small club (£1k maybe), I would imagine that we would pay the £3k per week until the summer.

Salford May be “small” but they certainly have money, if they take him on, I’d imagine we wouldn’t need to cover any shortfall 

30 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Salford May be “small” but they certainly have money, if they take him on, I’d imagine we wouldn’t need to cover any shortfall 

Apparently offered more money to Adam Rooney than Aberdeen could. If I remember correctly, this happened when they were non-league...

Edited by dazinho88

6 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Unless we can shift one or two away I reckon we'll be done unfortunately.

Been a bloody eventful January though!

If we're done, I'm happy to be honest.  We've signed three.  Boyce is what we've wanted for years and just won't fail unless horrendous luck.  Sibbick looked great and covers a few problem positions.  Donis hopefully has the spark we've maybe just missed and certainly has pedigree.

We've moved out some deadwood and negative energy from the squad.  Couple of kids have had a chance and done pretty well.  We've brought in coaches we wanted.  We're unbeaten. 

Good window.  Good January!!!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If we're done, I'm happy to be honest.  We've signed three.  Boyce is what we've wanted for years and just won't fail unless horrendous luck.  Sibbick looked great and covers a few problem positions.  Donis hopefully has the spark we've maybe just missed and certainly has pedigree.

We've moved out some deadwood and negative energy from the squad.  Couple of kids have had a chance and done pretty well.  We've brought in coaches we wanted.  We're unbeaten. 

Here here! 

Love how everyone has their buzz back for us.

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That may turn out to be the case but we still want Berra and maybe one or two others off the wage bill (seemingly we've had an acceptable offer for Smith but we are still more than happy for him to stay, decision is his with zero pressure from the club to cash in) and we are trying to add at least 2 other quality players. Whether they come off or not is a different matter but definitely not done trying!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It has been, bar the left back hoodoo coming home to roost again, you cant legislate for having all 3 injured on the same day as well as 2 potential cover options (Smith and Brandon).

Ridiculous luck. I just worry with Damour being the proverbial fart in an elevator, we are still light on midfield with the Hairband not looking any likelier to return soon.

Not sure why another striker seems priority, but guessing he is close to someone he really likes and the Albino Prince may head back to midfield

43 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Unless we can shift one or two away I reckon we'll be done unfortunately.

Been a bloody eventful January though!

DS quoted as wanting another striker in at least...so im optimistic of more comings/goings !

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not today mate 👍

OK cheers. Are “we” confident of any more in before the window SLAMMING event?

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

OK cheers. Are “we” confident of any more in before the window SLAMMING event?

Actually, when does the window SLAM SHUT?

is it midnight Friday?

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Actually, when does the window SLAM SHUT?

is it midnight Friday?

I think so. Same time we leave the EU so we’re slamming windows and doors it seems!

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not today mate 👍

Sounded yesterday like we were potentially close enough for something today - does this mean we should maybe expect something tomorrow instead or has the “fun day” been cancelled altogether? Appreciate you may not know of course.

Mr Brightside
4 hours ago, JJ93 said:

March 2018.....

There was a thread on here at the time and everyone was slating the fact he was even being considered.

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Can’t see Gordon returning at al. Simply doesn’t suit the sweeper keeper role and passing out from the back tactic 

I agree. I think it's a made up story

2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s no chance we’ve took Berra out the team only to then go & sign CG. 

I think the Gordon move may have happened under CL but not with DS in charge. Just doesn’t make sense. 

Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

Don't want him back. Would much prefer someone like Bachmann, granted I can't recall his sweeper abilities.

This. Also hladky at mirren was mentioned before but he was shocking especially with the ball at his feet on Sunday

44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sounded yesterday like we were potentially close enough for something today - does this mean we should maybe expect something tomorrow instead or has the “fun day” been cancelled altogether? Appreciate you may not know of course.

At least 1 coming in 👍

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

1 going out imminent, trying to get others sorted 👍🇱🇻

Cheers Bongo, top man for sharing the info. 👍

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Hopefully Berra. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

At least 1 coming in 👍

I’m going to assume you’re meaning tomorrow 1 is coming in as if I ask for clarification I could get accused of being pushy. 😉

No danger would Stendel want an auld has been crock like Gordon, who gets a nose bleed everytime who goes outside his 18 yard box. Made up fantasy stuff. 

14 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s no chance we’ve took Berra out the team only to then go & sign CG. 

This. Could only see him moving if it’s in a player/coach capacity with him accepting he’ll be backup to whichever sweeper keeper we have this season or next.

Selkirk_Jambo

Gordon's ability on the ball has greatly improved since he left us, I was genuinely surprised when I saw him playing out from the back for the minks. 

I think he'd surprise a few folk on here with this aspect of his game. Plus the benefit of experience means he can probably judge when to come and when to stay, something Joel still struggles with. Also, he's miles in front of our other keepers in pretty much every other aspect of the game. 

That said, I'm ambivalent about his return, nostalgia trips rarely turn out well and he would still be among our top earners. 

Gordon's distribution may not be as good as Pereira, but his shot stopping is undoubtedly better. 

Gordon also layers the sweeper keeper role under Rogers. Not brilliantly, but effectively. 

We badly need a quality settled keeper, as we've been scratching around since we let lost Alexander. Gordon is as good as we can hope for, and an experienced head in a ever younger starting  XI. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No danger would Stendel want an auld has been crock like Gordon, who gets a nose bleed everytime who goes outside his 18 yard box. Made up fantasy stuff. 

Pre Stendel we had held “talks” with Gordon. Can’t see it happening now tho. 

Smith will not be sold unless we receive a very good offer, Michael O'Neil was speaking to Austin about him and enquired about Jordan Jones also. 

Stendel very much appreciates having Smith as a player, perfect role model for the young lads great trainer and very versatile 👍🇱🇻

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
36 minutes ago, bazman said:

I agree. I think it's a made up story

Click bait site. Like almost all of these rumour sites.

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Any chance of Thiam or Bahre coming in from Barnsley mate?