• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Austin MacGlee
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Hope he stays, I think he has potential and he looks a little bit psycho, something I love in a player.

Numbers, its not just money, its weight of numbers, just way too many bodies to give the proper attention and coaching

Same here. Ian Black had the same glint in his eyes.

Unrelated to any of that, I wonder if we've made any enquiries about Graham Shinnie. I'd take him, especially if Haring isn't looking likely to return any time soon. We need some grit in the midfield.

9 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Not a good idea Bongo if we name players team like Sunderland will nip in with better offers.

Well now you say it mate😂 maybe it's best I don't post any more info on here, and just pm people instead 👍🇱🇻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Same here. Ian Black had the same glint in his eyes.

Unrelated to any of that, I wonder if we've made any enquiries about Graham Shinnie. I'd take him, especially if Haring isn't looking likely to return any time soon. We need some grit in the midfield.

He was injured doubt he would consider us all the same 

Austin MacGlee
Just now, Sir Gio said:

He was injured doubt he would consider us all the same 

Was he getting a game for Derby before the injury do you know? I don't follow the English game very closely so I wasn't even aware he'd had an injury.

15 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

The striker netted his 14th goal of the season in the Brewers’ 1-0 win over MK Dons, with Clough telling Sky Sports that it may have been his final outing at the Pirelli Stadum.

With Burton out of action for ten days, there is a chance a deal for the Northern Irish international could be sealed in the interim – with Hearts believed to be rivalling Sunderland for his signature.

Clough revealed at the weekend that the club has knocked-back a bid for Boyce from an unnamed club but reports have suggested that a fee of £250,000 could clinch a deal.

The un-named club may well be us. If Sunderland and Hearts want him, Sunderland he will go. Wages are a big issue. We paid more than we should've for Wighton, didn't take the chance to get Shankland in so Boyce seems the natural choice, eye for goal, pretty much a penalty box player like Robertson was. If £250.000 is the going rate then we have to spend it. Going down will cost a lot more overall.

Just now, jambonian said:

The un-named club may well be us. If Sunderland and Hearts want him, Sunderland he will go. Wages are a big issue. We paid more than we should've for Wighton, didn't take the chance to get Shankland in so Boyce seems the natural choice, eye for goal, pretty much a penalty box player like Robertson was. If £250.000 is the going rate then we have to spend it. Going down will cost a lot more overall.

How many strikers do they need

We definitely need Boyce. He's at his peak. Proven goalscorer. 250k is a bargain. We'll not find another tried & tested striker for 250k. It's an absolute must. 

MarkDevriesScores4

£250k for Boyce, if true, is an investment we should be making in my opinion. When you think of the players we’ve shelled out for that price (reportedly Wighton), this would surely make sense? Could be the difference between relegation and staying in the division. He’s tried and tested. Unlike Wighton was.

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

How many strikers do they need

They'll be doing all they can to get a few in. They are desperate to get out of that league and will want as many options as they can get. Jack Ross failed so they are even more desperate to get more in.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We definitely need Boyce. He's at his peak. Proven goalscorer. 250k is a bargain. We'll not find another tried & tested striker for 250k. It's an absolute must. 

Absolutely agree!

Why don’t the moderation team create an account. A rumour account.

Anyone ITK. Claiming to be ITK or otherwise can confidentially PM their ITK to that account. The mod controlled “rumour” account can then post it on the transfer thread?

I think it would save a lot of work in the long run. If the ITK rumour was correct the mods can pm that person asking if they want to be named as the person ITK or if they wish to remain anonymous. I appreciate more than 1 person may have heard the same name cropping up.

In that instance any kudos should go to however came up with the name first should they sign. 

When announcing ITK rumours the “rumour” account could say it’s been added by more than 1 person so is more likely than just the one.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Anyone ITK. Claiming to be ITK or otherwise can confidentially PM their ITK to that account. The mod controlled “rumour” account can then post it on the transfer thread?

I think it would save a lot of work in the long run. If the ITK rumour was correct the mods can pm that person asking if they want to be named as the person ITK or if they wish to remain anonymous. I appreciate more than 1 person may have heard the same name cropping up.

In that instance any kudos should go to however came up with the name first should they sign. 

When announcing ITK rumours the “rumour” account could say it’s been added by more than 1 person so is more likely than just the one.

Thoughts?

What a bore you are!

Do folk really care that much about who is ITK? It's just a bit of fun really. Some things seem to be true, some are not. But it gives us something to talk about.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Was he getting a game for Derby before the injury do you know? I don't follow the English game very closely so I wasn't even aware he'd had an injury.

Struggling at first but yeah he ran up some games. 

They are in better form now,  might not get back in. 

Was pretty keen to get down to England,  he would probably not come back in a hurry 

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

Or alternatively we could all just be a bit more grown up about it and understand there's a lot of grey area, that you could have a great source and still see a deal fall away at any minute, and that transfer speculation is one of the most fun things in football.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

Against. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Or alternatively we could all just be a bit more grown up about it and understand there's a lot of grey area, that you could have a great source and still see a deal fall away at any minute, and that transfer speculation is one of the most fun things in football.

👏👏👍

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

What the hell are you on about?

11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

An I.T.K. account sounds like an amazing idea. 

14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

For the people bothered about rumours or perceived bullshit itk, why not just stay off the transfer thread. When we actually sign someone there will be a thread in their name within minutes. FWIW I don’t think the mainstream media is any better informed than a few posters on here.  Some of it is shite and some of it isn’t, it’s the same for any other clubs transfer threads.

Edited by GinRummy

MarkDevriesScores4

I don’t get why people are stressed about posters sharing transfer rumours. Whether they’re “itk” or not. I don’t believe any business is done until it has been confirmed anyway so I’m not offended Or stressed by anyone claiming to be itk about a rumour and I don’t really get why anyone would be. Transfer rumours are fun. Lighten up

If we are in for Boyce then we need to push the boat out imo.Even 350,000 for a proven goalscorer is a bargain.We should also offer attractive wages too.Boyce would often turn narrow defeats into draws and draws into wins and these players can pay for themselves over time.I'd be happy if he was our only signing this window.

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Orchestrated implies that we are where we are as part of a deliberate plan to get us to this point.

If there is "blood" on anyones hands, it is Levein.  He's royally fecked up.

Ironically, had he gone in the summer, we wouldn't have Stendel in as manager, as he wasn't available then.  So perhaps that is a slight silver lining to the cloud that is over us.

I should have said, unintentionally orchestrated.

Just now, Four faces said:

If we are in for Boyce then we need to push the boat out imo.Even 350,000 for a proven goalscorer is a bargain.We should also offer attractive wages too.Boyce would often turn narrow defeats into draws and draws into wins and these players can pay for themselves over time.I'd be happy if he was our only signing this window.

Completely agree, we really have to back Stendell in this transfer window to ensure that we aren't relegated which is likely to cost the club a lot more than a few hundred thousand 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

26 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

£250k for Boyce, if true, is an investment we should be making in my opinion. When you think of the players we’ve shelled out for that price (reportedly Wighton), this would surely make sense? Could be the difference between relegation and staying in the division. He’s tried and tested. Unlike Wighton was.

3 minutes ago, Four faces said:

👍Make this happen🤞

27 minutes ago, jambonian said:

They'll be doing all they can to get a few in. They are desperate to get out of that league and will want as many options as they can get. Jack Ross failed so they are even more desperate to get more in.

Just the same as us.we are desperate to stay in this league

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye folk take things too serious.As you said you hear snippets sometimes it will be right and others they will be duff or could be right at the time and come to nothing.

Keep posting I think most appreciate them.

This.

PaulHartley10

If we got Milosevic, Thiam, Boyce and a central midfielder it would be a good window.

Pereira/Zlamal

Smith/Clare/Brandon

Halkett/Souttar

Milosovic/Dikamona

Hickey/Garrucio

Smith/Damour

Irving/C. Smith

Bozanic/Cochrane

Naismith/Meshino

Washington/Boyce

Thiam/Walker

Keep: McDonald, Morrison, Uche, Henderson.

Punt: Doyle, Berra, White, Mulraney, Wighton, MacLean.

Would still leave us pretty light in central midfield. I would like a new goalkeeper but we should survive with what we have. I make it a minimum of 4 signings needed but possibly 5 or 6 if he wants an extra midfielder and a goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Same here. This thread has been piss poor with all kinds of things being discussed that have nothing to do with transfers.

It all makes me rather upset

It's the way every thread goes these days mate

julienbrellier

If we can get Boyce for 250k it is an absolute no-brainer. We can sell him for more if we need to. Good investment, striker at his peak.

Another one we should be busting a gut to bring in is Craig Gordon. If he is number 3 at Celtic which I believe he is now, I would make an enquiry about him. We are zero threat to Celtic at the moment, and I can see them being positive in terms of helping Gordon get the move he wants which is rumoured is back to us. He will want to move now as well to get back in the loop for Scotland selection.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Don’t get too excited......Friday is the third “signing before” day he’s given in a fortnight.

:indeed:

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Four faces said:

this. We need to show Burton we want him. They wouldn't take the mick and ask for that much more for a striker on the way out. 350,000 thank you very much, in you come Liam, there's your locker, there's your boots, there's the goal

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

this. We need to show Burton we want him. They wouldn't take the mick and ask for that much more for a striker on the way out. 350,000 thank you very much, in you come Liam, there's your locker, there's your boots, there's the goal

What?

I was told he knows where the goals are.  :seething: 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, kila said:

What a bore you are!

Do folk really care that much about who is ITK? It's just a bit of fun really. Some things seem to be true, some are not. But it gives us something to talk about.

I’m sure the volunteer mods would love the extra work too.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

If we can get Boyce for 250k it is an absolute no-brainer. We can sell him for more if we need to. Good investment, striker at his peak.

Another one we should be busting a gut to bring in is Craig Gordon. If he is number 3 at Celtic which I believe he is now, I would make an enquiry about him. We are zero threat to Celtic at the moment, and I can see them being positive in terms of helping Gordon get the move he wants which is rumoured is back to us. He will want to move now as well to get back in the loop for Scotland selection.

He’s number 2 mate, he played recently when Forster was out. He doesn’t really fit Stendels style either. I can’t see Lennon dealing with us at all, threat or not.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If we paid 200k for Wighton, we will pay 250k for Boyle. What a ridiculous amount we paid for f'ign Wighton.

We actually paid £25m for wighton, with add-ons, image rights etc. Hid most of the costs in the New Stand budget

Geoff Kilpatrick
46 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thoughts?

:cornette:

Another example of taking this place far too seriously.

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We actually paid £25m for wighton, with add-ons, image rights etc. Hid most of the costs in the New Stand budget

I heard we pay him that much that we can't afford to fix the pitch.

1 hour ago, kila said:

What a bore you are!

Made me LOL

August Landmesser
37 minutes ago, graygo said:

I heard we pay him that much that we can't afford to fix the pitch.

Part of his contract allows him into the ground whenever he wants to do doughnuts all over the pitch.