dazajmbo

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

ffs, I googled that as well.

Not a complete waste of time tho.

4 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

Shan chin

From one of the Asian leagues

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nope, tried but can’t see. Thought Bauer, but three players with that name aren’t available on pre-contract. Thought because she was in 24 it could be Kieffer Moore, again not available on pre-contract. Are we looking at a Korean named Kim?

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Or... or... according to wiki she was in a show called Happy Endings (careful now) and her character is called Alex. Alex Mowatt? 🤔

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

Thought you had the spelling wrong for a  minute and meant wee Erin.

55 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Stuck by this, genuinely no idea

Wasnt a clue folks, just fancied a change from Billie.

hqdefault.jpg

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Eh??

Sorry, just seen your last few posts and came to the conclusion that you're a pure dafty.

Just my opinion though. 

Feel free to change my mind. 

Moving on then... pretty safe to assume the 5/6 players leaving and at least 1 or 2 more in isn’t going to happen. Unless the next two days are going to be of January 2006 proportions.

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Moving on then... pretty safe to assume the 5/6 players leaving and at least 1 or 2 more in isn’t going to happen. Unless the next two days are going to be of January 2006 proportions.

This.

There's surely no chance of that kind of movement in the next 2 days. Hopefully another 2-3 out (probably loans), and maybe another body in. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Sorry, just seen your last few posts and came to the conclusion that you're a pure dafty.

Just my opinion though. 

Feel free to change my mind. 

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Fair point but i doubt he's someone lennon has his eye on for the first team. 

They're no doubt hating that they let him go though. 

I’d also not put it past Celtic to feign interest in Hickey to drive up the price and encourage offers from England since they will pocket 1/3 of the cash. 

I’m on a different level of paranoia these days!

5 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I’d also not put it past Celtic to feign interest in Hickey to drive up the price and encourage offers from England since they will pocket 1/3 of the cash. 

I’m on a different level of paranoia these days!

I'm 100% not against colluding with them to drive the price up, ultimately, we're still pocketing more 70% of the fee. 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Surprised that Berra hasn't gone yet. 

He’s turned down a few. Think he might just wait out his contract. He would be due a testimonial at the end of his 18 months? 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No real hurry for Berra . 

We could just cancel his contract mutually and make him a free agent after the window , same goes for McLean . 

Ive got a feeling Hickey and possibly Smith will go . 

Think we'll bring in 2 possibly 3 before the deadline. 

Thimgs usually go right to the wire on deadline day . 

4 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

He’s turned down a few. Think he might just wait out his contract. He would be due a testimonial at the end of his 18 months? 

Don’t imagine too many would turn up to that if he attempts to bleed the club out. 

He could go off on loan and still get a big send off.

34 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Wasnt a clue folks, just fancied a change from Billie.

hqdefault.jpg

Hearts Women’s team new signing Daz???

23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm not. 

Said it weeks ago, he's one of our biggest earners. 

Peoples suggesting he'll just go to partick thistle n shit. ha. 

He's probably bitter aswell. Happy so sit and take the money unless something good comes up. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Don’t imagine too many would turn up to that if he attempts to bleed the club out. 

He could go off on loan and still get a big send off.

Sorry my post was a jumble (multi—tasking) it was meant to be a separate poin that just popped into my head.

Agree, better to be remembered fondly by going on loan than wasting the end of his career coining it in.

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I dunno, I don't take lennon for a liar, he's a bit of a straight shooter imo. 

I also can't see Stendel being interested in Gordon. 

Also doubt Lennon is desperate to sign Hickey. 

He'll be wanting players that can improve his European hopes. 

🤔 A Straight shooter? Jesus...All the shite he’s pulled but he’s honest as? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So busy week has gone a bit quiet.  Busy end to the week hopefully. 

Less than 51 hours,  was going to say 50 hours left but preferred the other number for any trolling melts

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Back on topic...

Craig Gordon...

no no the topic was Lennon being a straight shooter about Craig Gordon. Is a threatening women a straight shooter thing then 🤔🤔🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Back on topic...

Craig Gordon...

He went straight down the tunnel after the game tonight 

hopefully it means he is coming home 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

He should have came home years ago but he chose Celtic. 

I'm not a fan of giving people retirement money. Craig Levein no more. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

So Celtic and Lennon says it's a no goer, but we are still going on about it ? What would he know about his own player.

All managers say that though about their own players 

means nothing 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No it means he was bursting on a shit!!

55 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He came back here to be closer to his daughter and just got married. So I can see why he doesn't want to move away again. It will have to be some club closer to home and I wouldn't think it will be entirely about the money.

Hearts will have to honour his contract or make up the rest of his wages for the remainder of his contract. 

If I was him, I'd be sitting tight. 

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How does it make you think that? 

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How else was he getting home? Scaling the floodlights would do his knees at his age. 

5 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I hope not as it has helped chase him out of one club already. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again IMO Levein should have no influence on anything at the club. He should be out the door.

I think the topic of Levein is deliberately being raised for reactions on this board at times.

There isn’t any evidence he has anything to do with transfers and that’s good enough. Stendel will be backed by AB I have no doubt and before we know it, CL will be out the door. 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

:cornette_dog:

LarrysRightFoot
11 minutes ago, Mort said:

I think the topic of Levein is deliberately being raised for reactions on this board at times.

There isn’t any evidence he has anything to do with transfers and that’s good enough. Stendel will be backed by AB I have no doubt and before we know it, CL will be out the door. 

I hope so. All I’m saying is Gordon being linked with us sounds more like a Levein type signing than a Stendel one on the face of it. I think we can all agree on that.

Not so sure about MacPhee being away though as Ann still likes him. I’m also not really against him - he’s helped bring some good players to the club. 

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

He's 23 and not really had much first team club experience.

This is by no means a direct comparison but De Gea came in at Man Utd and took a few years to settle into his game.

Pereira has been capped for every Portugal youth team, including being the main goalie for the under 21s for 2 years until he was too old.  That was just from 2016 to 2018, so other football people must see something there too.  Plus remember, he is still a Man Utd player.

Yup. I honestly see a good keeper there. He just needs some experience and to work hard to improve the areas of his game that need improving. 

36 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Not going to defend some of his antics in a Celtic top, but it was a no-brainer for him to sign for them when he did. He was in his prime, he wanted to get his career back on track, and Celtic would pay him close to EPL wages whilst giving him CL exposure and a chance at regaining his Scotland place.

Enough spam on this thread. If you spam this thread again, you'll be removed. That includes trying to drag the thread off topic with puns. 

If you've nothing relevant to post then stay away or start a thread in the Shed.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Summer? 😮

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Have you got tunnel vision?

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

This.

2 hours ago, Mort said:

I think you are absolutely right and no matter how they (try to) protest you wonder if they really are Hearts supporters.

This guy has no substance for what he says except for what's going on in his head.

7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

He's 23 and not really had much first team club experience.

This is by no means a direct comparison but De Gea came in at Man Utd and took a few years to settle into his game.

Pereira has been capped for every Portugal youth team, including being the main goalie for the under 21s for 2 years until he was too old.  That was just from 2016 to 2018, so other football people must see something there too.  Plus remember, he is still a Man Utd player.

I recall seeing Hearts thump Dunfermline 4-0 towards the end of the famous 2005-06 season at Tynecastle and saying to my mates that their keeper was easily the worst in the league and will never make it at a decent level. He was utterly abysmal that day. It was a 24-year-old Allan McGregor on loan from Rangers. I’m still amazed after seeing him that day what he’s went on to achieve. Point being that keepers have a much longer career than other positions (something those desperate to see Gordon return are quick to point out) so it takes them longer to mature in a sense and at 23 Pereira is no age really. Not to mention he’s learning his trade in a new age of sweeper keepers when the role of the keeper has been pretty much the same for years with the punch instead of a catch being the last major shift in their role. Whether Pereira will go onto greatness I don’t know, but he has the potential to do so and I think too many have written him off.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Anyway, the Gordon chat aside (which I have a hunch has been fabricated by either the press or Celtic so they can be talked about this window) there has been not a peep of late about potential signings on the radar. Other than Berra not a peep on going out. Usually the press would’ve picked up on something by now if it were to happen today. So do we think Friday will be the big day of the window, or do we believe business is all but done? Certainly getting close to the end with very little coming out about incomings or outgoings.

I'm not fussed if no one else either comes or goes but if Daniel does unearth another gem over the next few hours, that will be terrific.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I recall seeing Hearts thump Dunfermline 4-0 towards the end of the famous 2005-06 season at Tynecastle and saying to my mates that their keeper was easily the worst in the league and will never make it at a decent level. He was utterly abysmal that day. It was a 24-year-old Allan McGregor on loan from Rangers. I’m still amazed after seeing him that day what he’s went on to achieve. Point being that keepers have a much longer career than other positions (something those desperate to see Gordon return are quick to point out) so it takes them longer to mature in a sense and at 23 Pereira is no age really. Not to mention he’s learning his trade in a new age of sweeper keepers when the role of the keeper has been pretty much the same for years with the punch instead of a catch being the last major shift in their role. Whether Pereira will go onto greatness I don’t know, but he has the potential to do so and I think too many have written him off.

When i proudly announced the we had a Manu keeper on loan and he's a Porra to my Portugal relatives, there was a collective shrug, they just don't rate him, despite going through all the national team age groups, under levein they seemed totally correct, under the new manager he appears better ,but that's maybe because he effectively has a new role as a sweeper keeper which seems much more down his ally ( a couple of passes on Sunday were superb ) so its a kind of trade off between goal keeping and distribution and hopefully there's a balance. Is Gordon up for the sweeper keeper role ? i doubt it with his age and its not easy teaching an old dog new tricks.

1 hour ago, Ballitojambo said:

When i proudly announced the we had a Manu keeper on loan and he's a Porra to my Portugal relatives, there was a collective shrug, they just don't rate him, despite going through all the national team age groups, under levein they seemed totally correct, under the new manager he appears better ,but that's maybe because he effectively has a new role as a sweeper keeper which seems much more down his ally ( a couple of passes on Sunday were superb ) so its a kind of trade off between goal keeping and distribution and hopefully there's a balance. Is Gordon up for the sweeper keeper role ? i doubt it with his age and its not easy teaching an old dog new tricks.

The Gordon thing just appears to be a clickbait story to draw in Celtic fans losing interest in the window due to lack of activity. They also get clickbait from Hearts fans desperate for his return (see Lafferty stories). I’m not going to try and claim Pereira’s been great for us, my point in your quoted post is just because people may not rate him now doesn’t mean he can’t come good later. Not ideal for us of course as we have him on loan so if he does go on to step up his game then it’ll likely be away from us. Saying that, although he’s a young keeper learning his trade, with our tactics and style it’s him ahead of Gordon for me. I’m pretty certain Stendel will recruit a permanent transfer for a sweeper keeper around mid-20’s in the summer though.