• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Aiden McGeady to Hibs..he was at the match tonight..though Ross being very coy

Surely not. He’s on £30k a week at Sunderland and his side company owes a fortune to the taxman.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You responded to a post referencing how we lost out on McLoughlin , MacGregor , Alexander . 

We lost out because we couldn't match wages offered to them by other clubs particularly rangers . You appeared to think that was remiss of the club ! 

As I said , beyond daft . 

Or perhaps another example of someone flying in without reading their own posts ?

Never mentioned any Rangers goalkeeper in my quote. 

Simply stated not enough respect for the role. No mention whatsoever of matching Rangers wages, figment of your imagination 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Surely not. He’s on £30k a week at Sunderland and his side company owes a fortune to the taxman.

For real?!?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

He had his chance years ago to come back. 

anyway, it won’t happen.

Wasn't so desperate back then. 

SomethingAboutObua

Nah Stendel's binned Berra because he was expensive, old and couldn't play his style, as if he'd bring in Gordon who would no doubt be even more expensive. This needs to go out with the Milinkovic chat imo

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

giphy.gif

😂😂

That ship has sailed, he had his chance to rejoin us. 

Stick will Joel and DS will bring in his own man in the summer. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

There has been talks 👍, we originally wanted him on a pre contract, but then enquired about taking him on loan with Jordan Green. 

I mentioned a while ago that we had the loan offer for Green accepted, only for Barnsley to accept Newports as well and then later reject our offer. 

We've been in talks with 4-5 players from Barnsley over pre contracts, Stendel and the club are very much preparing for next season and the future, we have been in talks with other league 1 players over pre contracts and championship teams players too. 

I said to everyone that would listen the post I quoted to Notts and wrote back to him about 2 weeks ago, the standard of player we are talking to and in talks with is nothing short of incredible, even sitting bottom of the league players still find us attractive. 

The reason why players find us attractive is because we have Daniel Stendel, he has boosted our club reputation and better players are now interested in coming to our club. 

Still trying to get Herrmann from Wolfsburg, but they are reluctant to let him go, Back up options in place incase we can't get him👍🇱🇻

Cheers, Bongo.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

🤣😍 the message is clear Craig, away ye go .

😂😀We regularly agree on this. He can GTF mate. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Hopefully Ann can persuade him then 

Hopefully she leaves the manager to manage, and I'm sure she will, too.

SaughtonJambo

Would like hearts to look at Scott Fraser from burton. Seemed to link up well with Boyce and gets a few goals himself from midfield. Think he’s out of contract in the summer. Docherty from rangers would do a job for us as well I’d say

51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Aiden McGeady to Hibs..he was at the match tonight..though Ross being very coy

Emptied by Sunderland for bullying the young players.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5058736/celtic-mcgeady-sunderland-training-ground/amp/

Edited by 1874robbo

52 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Nope. Current keeper is ideal until end of his loan and then get someone else in.

keeper has to be able to play Stendel’s game, Gordon can’t.

Eh what makes you think he can't  play the bosses way, you miss the fundamental part of goalkeeping which is shot stopping Craig Gordon is miles better than what we have at the moment 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon quite simply is a far better keeper than any of the jugglers ever will be

However at 37 you have to believe Stendel will be rightly looking elsewhere. 

His assistant is an expert ffs, Levein gave the position scant respect. 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bobby is capable of incredible reaction saves.. however he is also capable of not knowing where he is in his goals.

the goal Marvin the abuser scores at tynecastle May have been one of the worst bits of keeping I’ve ever seen in my life 🤦‍♂️ Though hibs opener in the derby was up there as well 🤦‍♂️

Yip. 

Gordon is far superior than Bobby. 

Was in the past, is now.  Ridiculous even comparing them imo. 

My half sister

I'd rather have a keeper that can save a shot on target than 1 that can come running out his box and head it clear, have a look at the Hamilton goals on 20th Dec, Gordon would have saved them. 

If our manager can get better than either, then off course bring him in but if not IMO, Craig is better than Joel

Edited by My half sister
Spelling

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Eh what makes you think he can't  play the bosses way, you miss the fundamental part of goalkeeping which is shot stopping Craig Gordon is miles better than what we have at the moment 

Poor with ball at feet and mediocre distribution.

Not happening.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Never mentioned any Rangers goalkeeper in my quote. 

Simply stated not enough respect for the role. No mention whatsoever of matching Rangers wages, figment of your imagination 

No mention in the post you were replying to ? Hang on I'll just check back

I'm happy if he comes and happy if he doesn't.  If we are keen, the new assistant coach may have a lot to do with it.

If he does come I think the contract should only be to the end of the season with a renewal clause.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Trying to move Damour on. Not seen as value for money thanks to the bumper 4 year deal he was handed. 

I remain certain clubs will be interested in him down south or in France and he will get a move

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m particularly liking the music in the first video. It’s like an intro credits to an 80’s sitcom called ‘Thiam and Thiam Again’...

Loves a celebration - mix between Uche and CP

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We are just about to finish paying of Budge. Guess we will have an extra £100k a month for wages.

Which is why it is so important to keep our FOH subs going folks

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

His hands are in his jacket pockets FFS.:laugh:

Do you think they'd be putting him on the bench if he had a massive beer belly?

🤣

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Won’t happen.

Sort of deal Levein would have done but not Stendel

Yet we were informed on here that he'd never come back as long as CL was as at Tynecastle !

Starting to think not everything I read on here is totally true

2 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Nope. Current keeper is ideal until end of his loan and then get someone else in.

keeper has to be able to play Stendel’s game, Gordon can’t.

This.

kingantti1874

Folk on here are crazy man, he’s average with the ball at his feet, but exceptional in every other way.. a huge upgrade on Joel, and quite capable of pulling of saves which will keep us in this league..

I wonder if sundays win has caused us to get ahead of ourselves.. 

we can worry about the long term later, will we stand a better chance of avoiding relegation with Craig Gordon in the team.. without any question yes! 

6 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

wayne-shaw-1.jpg

Sutton United isn’t anywhere near Championship level and certainly wasn’t when that incident took place.

I loved Gordon when he was with us but let's look forward not backwards. 

Pereira has improved since Stendel has come in and I think he'll do until the end of the year when we can sign a long term replacement. 

Seymour M Hersh

No thanks. Great for us when he broke through under he who must not be named but not the sort of keeper who will fit into the DS style of play. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Folk on here are crazy man, he’s average with the ball at his feet, but exceptional in every other way.. a huge upgrade on Joel, and quite capable of pulling of saves which will keep us in this league..

I wonder if sundays win has caused us to get ahead of ourselves.. 

we can worry about the long term later, will we stand a better chance of avoiding relegation with Craig Gordon in the team.. without any question yes! 

He isn't average with the ball at feet he is utter pish with ball at feet. His distribution is terrible.

He also cannot rush out like a keeper in our style needs to do. 

7 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He isn't average with the ball at feet he is utter pish with ball at feet. His distribution is terrible.

He also cannot rush out like a keeper in our style needs to do. 

Correct.

Still a massive upgrade on our other options, at present. 

I think people are looking at Gordon with maroon tinted glasses a little. He’s 37 and not played regularly for a while now. He’s 3rd in a pecking order which includes Scott Bain, think about that last bit. 37 isn’t exactly retiring age at this level for a decent keeper but we have to remember Gordon missed actual years out of the game due to injury and was retired at one stage making his money doing Sportscene.

I was in awe of him when at Hearts and have followed his career since and even though I hate to see him play in Scotland for anyone other than us I was pleased for him when he got a chance to play in the champions league. But as others have rightly pointed out if Berra is not going to fit our new style I see no reason why Gordon would. You can rubbish the sweeper keeper chat all you want but a big reason we had 54% of possession against Rangers on Sunday was the team’s ability and confidence to pass back to Pereira and for him to not just lump it up the park or kick it out of play.

If Gordon is happy to be back up or come in as a player-coach but still back up I have no problem with it (although we have a GK coach as assistant coach and another GK coach so not sure I can see that happening) as long as his wages are low. But I’m not convinced of his ability due to his age, injury history and lack of games and I’m more unconvinced by his skill set matching what the manager wants, which is the most important thing.