The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

There might well be better elsewhere and as I said, DS seems to be going with players he's seen and is sure about.

Waste of time discussing potentially signing these Huns most likely.

My point is not whether these players would improve the squad, it’s whether or not they would it improve it enough to justify their cost. They signed both on a free so I’m not sure they’d be looking for fees but the wages they’ll be on are stupid. Do we think they are better than Meshino and Avdijaj, personally I don’t - and our youngsters are keeping them out if the team. So why break the bank for a couple of bench warmers over there?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Anyway, Jones and Barker are only being talked about because Rangers are saying they’re free to go - there has not been one iota of a link to any move to Hearts. So let’s move on - hints by ITK folk that today will be a fun day, who do we think is coming in or going out by end of business today?

Avdijaj had 41 million euros on his head at one point, I am happy to see what he brings to the table.  I fancy it will be  more than Jones can bring.  Henderson and Moore will grow quickly if we get on a winning run IMO and we have invested in them.  They can keep Jones

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Anyway, Jones and Barker are only being talked about because Rangers are saying they’re free to go - there has not been one iota of a link to any move to Hearts. So let’s move on - hints by ITK folk that today will be a fun day, who do we think is coming in or going out by end of business today?

Not ITK in any way but could well be McLean. Can't have long to go in his career so will, presumably, want to play. With Naismith, Boyce, Uche and Washington all ahead of him his chances of game time look fairly remote.

Taken a interesting turn has this thread. For me, I think I’ll put my faith in this management team to bring in players who will do a good job for us -  no matter where they have come from or which team they have previously played for.

Edited by Deevers

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d rather Rangers kept hold of both and drained them of somewhere around £20k a week for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Barker will end up at Hibs, nap. Jones will go to Killie, St Johnstone or league 1

The wages they'll be on at huns there's a good chance they'll not be going anywhere for a while. You could well be right about Barker but I think Jones could perform at Aberdee or us type level.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Barker will end up at Hibs, nap. Jones will go to Killie, St Johnstone or league 1

jones is far better than that.. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

jones is far better than that.. 

It's unreal how off the chart folk goes when it comes to Rangers or Celtic players.

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I don't want Jones anywhere near our club.

He suits that vile shite he is signed for right now.

Plays out of his skin to get his move to his beloved and big money and then what....

Jones the footballer should be a good fit but there would always be that nagging doubt at the back of my mind....

However, he did score a few goals against them for Killie that killed off their title challenge last year.

Edited by DETTY29

51 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Would take jones in a heartbeat 

Don't see the appeal a winger that hardly scores (1 in 10 ) and hardly any assists.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

This is just plain silly.

If we get an opportunity to sign a player who will improve us then we sign that player regardless of who he plays for.

We’ve had many a fantastic servant from along the M8......your attitude makes no sense.

Just think......

No Colquhoun

No Jardine

No Clark

No MacPherson

No Niemi 

Plus many, many more.

Times have changed and by the way, I dont decide who we sign. 

PaulHartley10

I can't remember Jones being anything other than professional when he was at Killie before his move. If he is a bit of a prick then that's a quality we could do with a bit more of tbh.

If he went to Hibs or Aberdeen I'd be a bit miffed, so I wouldn't mind him at Hearts. He'd be another signing along with Boyce who'd have us up challenging for Europe next season.

Can't see it though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Remember Stendel says he likes home grown youth players - I don’t expect our best young lads to be anything other than developed.

29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’d rather Rangers kept hold of both and drained them of somewhere around £20k a week for the foreseeable future.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Can't find it anywhere with a Google search, but didn't Rangers pay a hefty fee for Barker?

Barker drives a brand new Range Rover and collects about 12k a week in wages.......the boys never kicked a ball in his life. Mental. 

If Bongo or Daza could enter this thread with a wink and a vague hint to distract us from this pointless Jones/Barker chat that would be great...

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Can't find it anywhere with a Google search, but didn't Rangers pay a hefty fee for Barker?

Think it was around 250k.he was bought since they weren't getting Kent but then obviously bought him in the end so surplus now. Never understood signing him anyway as already had Middleton Hastie and Jones

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Bongo or Daza could enter this thread with a wink and a vague hint to distract us from this pointless Jones/Barker chat that would be great...

Incoming!!!!

Nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean 😁

Barker was a bit part player at Hibs who flattered to deceive, i thought it was bizarre Rangers were even interested in him. Why would we want him?

51 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

spot on!

Could Jones not be deployed in a more central attacking mid role? I reckon he would do well through the middle if need be. Don't think he would ever come here but would definitely improve us no doubt about that

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Remember Stendel says he likes home grown youth players - I don’t expect our best young lads to be anything other than developed.

Agreed.  Only thing is they need to be good enough.  Want to be wrong here but was saying to my dad on Sunday watching the game that I have a feeling Henderson and especially Moore will bridge this wee gap for us, but won't do much more in a Hearts strip.  I think we'll see them replaced even quite soon and maybe fade away.  They give us energy and I love watching them, but neither have that we bit of composure or nouse to create something and that's maybe just what we lack on top of our endeavor.  The hope is Ryo or Donis have this for us (or Walker...).

I don't want that to happen, I just don't think they are as good as other options we have or can attain.  Irving is.  Hickey is.  The challenge for all the kids is to be a level above what Hearts can find in the market.  The challenge for Hearts is to develop players to be such.

Gimme an H...
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

I think Barker is absolute shite who's pace is his only weapon.

Ivan Sproule was better.

Strongly disagree with this part.

14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ivan Sproule was better.

Sproule, he was absolutely murder. Had forgotten all about him.

Edited by GinRummy

19 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ivan Sproule was better.

I'll have what ever you've been smoking mate.

44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bongo Gdaza, eh? Great side back in the day...

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Barker was very much like Mulraney. 

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Barker is very good at running fast in a straight line.  See Calum Morrison for more details.

The difference between Barker and these players is that I’ve seen barker beat more players that these two combined, and I’ve only seen him play against hearts. I’m happy to give a fast player that goes at players a chance. We’ve not had one in a while.

His final balls not great but have we seen evidence of Moore and Henderson’s final balls? They’ve both been brilliant for us without that cutting edge. 

It’s irrelevant though. I have faith in Whoever Stendel brings in. At this point, he could bring Pa Kujabi back to Scotland and I’d give him the benefit of the doubt 😃

56 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Barker drives a brand new Range Rover and collects about 12k a week in wages.......the boys never kicked a ball in his life. Mental. 

Garbage footballer really the beep beep term was made for him proper Road Runner.

Brick Tamland
9 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The difference between Barker and these players is that I’ve seen barker beat more players that these two combined, and I’ve only seen him play against hearts. I’m happy to give a fast player that goes at players a chance. We’ve not had one in a while.

His final balls not great but have we seen evidence of Moore and Henderson’s final balls? They’ve both been brilliant for us without that cutting edge. 

It’s irrelevant though. I have faith in Whoever Stendel brings in. At this point, he could bring Pa Kujabi back to Scotland and I’d give him the benefit of the doubt 😃

His run through the Airdrie defence and clip back for Naismith was different class. 

Rangers signed too many wingers over the last 18 months and I’m guessing the guys being made surplus to requirements weren’t the choice of Gerrard but brought in by Mark Allen.

Nobody has publically questioned Rangers why Allen was signing players though.

The Wrinkly Ninja
48 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Jones is good enough to get a move to the English championship,far better than your St Johnstone,Kilmarnock level. 

Jones has only played about 15 games total for any club other than Kilmarnock. If he is being moved on then he has failed when taking the step up to a club in the same division as Kilmarnock and St Johnstone. He is not considered good enough to play for the rangers against teams like St Johnstone or Kilmarnock? They are exactly his level.

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Rangers signed too many wingers over the last 18 months and I’m guessing the guys being made surplus to requirements weren’t the choice of Gerrard but brought in by Mark Allen.

Good point.

They have too many midfielders too.

The post match analysis was a bit off because Rangers have played like they did in other games. A lack of decisive midfield and missed chances. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I honestly think rangers signed the likes of Barker, Lafferty, Stewart, Jones even Kammara (although he turned out OK) were signed just so they couldn't do them harm. 

If not us, imagine even Aberdeen had picked them (Lafferty aside) up. 

I think Aberdeen wanted Barker and Stewart if not Jones as well. 

These signings reek of just signing them for the sake of it. 

Jones, Stewart and barkley were always unlikley to get near the first team. 

Lafferty as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I honestly think rangers signed the likes of Barker, Lafferty, Stewart, Jones even Kammara (although he turned out OK) were signed just so they couldn't do them harm. 

There will be a small element of this but I'd have said they were signed to give more depth to The Rangers squad. 

It's more likely that they are trying to reduce their wage bill whilst waiting for season ticket money to come in. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If not us, imagine even Aberdeen had picked them (Lafferty aside) up. 

I think Aberdeen wanted Barker and Stewart if not Jones as well. 

These signings reek of just signing them for the sake of it. 

Jones, Stewart and barkley were always unlikley to get near the first team. 

Lafferty as well. 

Apart from being culpable for our winning goal on Sunday, that is.

51 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ivan Sproule was better.

The away game when he was at County was great fun - they constantly fired diagonal balls for him to run on to, hardly any of which he reached. Eventually got subbed off much to the amusement of the away end ! 

Also it appears someone has been busy …

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Sproule