The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This lad is called Donis,  don't be calling him Dave  :lol:

If he’s the hero striker we’ve all been waiting on then he’ll be getting called Adonis. Make it happen DS 🇱🇻

Edited by Saughton Jambo

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

As long as the loser and the hippy have had absolutely zero involvement in his scouting I am in favour of this.

So you're saying that if we signed Messi you would not be in favour unless CL and AN had zero involvement.  Aye right.

I think half the time you post just for the sake of posting.

15 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

So who was in the stand today getting interest from the photographers? 

Ryan Edwards was in attendance, there were also clubs up watching Hickey and Souttar. 

Agent of a Blackburn player was up for talks yesterday, along with other agents talking to the club about the availability of there players 👍🇱🇻

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ryan Edwards was in attendance, there were also clubs up watching Hickey and Souttar. 

Agent of a Blackburn player was up for talks yesterday, along with other agents talking to the club about the availability of there players 👍🇱🇻

Any clue of Blackburn players playing position?

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Looking forward to one of the Kris Boyd / Wille Miller type Daily Record / Sportsound illiterate pundits mispronouncing his name.

Aye the boy Ahmedinijad looks alright eh, but whys Hearts no geen chanceys to a Scottish laddie ? 

hehe...bang on,FTM

parochial cretins that they are

Yesterday we had a game and post-game celebrations to distract us. Today no such luck. Really cannot fathom why transfer business doesn’t happen at weekends. If someone does wish to stalk players and agents on Instagram etc and/or guard the Edinburgh airport arrivals today that would be splendid and appreciated.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Fcuk it, I’m off to the airport with my daughter and my scarf. Someone let me know his flight arrival time. Can’t beat the first pic with the scarf above the head. Welcome David. If any one knows Daz will know. Just hope this David is a better player than the other David I turned up at the airport for 😂

Istanbul flight arriving at 15:40! That's as close as I can see to where he'd be

tartofmidlothian
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If it's a Blackburn player it must be Samuel, right?

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If it's a Blackburn player it must be Samuel, right?

You’d have thought so. Already linked to him. 

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Any clue of Blackburn players playing position?

We were supposed to after Dominic Samuel.  They also have a Geordie striker (Adam Armstrong) but I think he plays regularly and has over 2 years left on his contract.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Dominic Samuel sounds more like a Levein signing according Wikipedia

"On 18 July 2017, Samuel signed a three-year deal with Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee.[17] He started his Rovers career brightly with four goals in his first six appearances, but a major anterior cruciate ligament injury has since stifled his development." 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Unveiled on Wednesday along with Boyce and Hermann the German in a Vlad style triple whammy? One can but dream

Just before a helicopter arrives, to take them to dingwall😂🇱🇻

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We were supposed to after Dominic Samuel.  They also have a Geordie striker (Adam Armstrong) but I think he plays regularly and has over 2 years left on his contract.

Thanks mate.

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Dominic Samuel sounds more like a Levein signing according Wikipedia

"On 18 July 2017, Samuel signed a three-year deal with Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee.[17] He started his Rovers career brightly with four goals in his first six appearances, but a major anterior cruciate ligament injury has since stifled his development." 

Scoring record isnt very good either.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I was prepared to assume that was as a result of his injury, but it is more than a little iffy for a striker.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

On the top bit of wiki it says he played 40 games for 4 goals since 2017 but down the bottom sections it says he’s played 9 and scored 4. 🤷‍♂️

I see Alan Nixon (tabloid journo) is suggesting on Twitter that Burton are reluctant to sell Boyce to Sunderland due to their respective positions in the table. No idea if we're still in contention for him, but that might help.

Given the fact he's in the last six months of his contract, though, it'll ultimately be Boyce who decides where he goes. If he really wants to go to Sunderland, he can sign a pre-contract with them and force Burton's hand.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I see Alan Nixon (tabloid journo) is suggesting on Twitter that Burton are reluctant to sell Boyce to Sunderland due to their respective positions in the table. No idea if we're still in contention for him, but that might help.

Given the fact he's in the last six months of his contract, though, it'll ultimately be Boyce who decides where he goes. If he really wants to go to Sunderland, he can sign a pre-contract with them and force Burton's hand.

True but Sunderland will want him for their push to win that league. In the summer if they get promoted they’ll be looking for strikers better than Boyce.

So they kind of need Boyce now or never IMO (unless they don’t get promoted again)

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

True but Sunderland will want him for their push to win that league. In the summer if they get promoted they’ll be looking for strikers better than Boyce.

So they kind of need Boyce now or never IMO (unless they don’t get promoted again)

They will, but my point was that the pre-contract could be used as a tactic to ensure Burton can only realistically sell to Sunderland if they want any money for him (and it appears they do).

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Seems to me Boyce would choose us for , perhaps , lifestyle over money .

If he , and family (?) , want to move back to Scotland he would probably pick us . 

Sunderland would certainly pay more .

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Kevin Silva has left, gone permanently to Toronto for an undisclosed fee.

Kevin Silva has completed a permanent transfer to Toronto FC, subject to international clearance.

The goalkeeper rejoins the MLS outfit for an undisclosed fee, having spent part of last season on loan with Toronto’s reserve team, Toronto FC II.

The 22-year-old American signed for Hearts in July 2018 and was a regular for the Jambos’ reserve team.

He spent three-months on loan at Raith Rovers before making eight appearances in the USL League One during the aforementioned loan spell at Toronto FC II.

The club wishes Kevin well with his return to North America.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He arrived on Friday night I believe.

Ah thats a relief, always on edge when deals have not been officially confirmed.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I genuinely couldn’t give two shits what they’re doing to be fair, as long as they’re nowhere near our preparations and it isn’t stopping DS doing what he needs to do.  

Yeah, pretty much this. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Kevin Silva has left, gone permanently to Toronto for an undisclosed fee.

We got a fee? 😂

25 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They will, but my point was that the pre-contract could be used as a tactic to ensure Burton can only realistically sell to Sunderland if they want any money for him (and it appears they do).

I read somewhere that Sunderland don't want Boyce, or any other striker, since they signed Lafferty as they now have enough in that department. 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We got a fee? 😂

May be remembering wrong but I think he arrived on an undisclosed fee. Maybe just the same back. 

7 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

I read somewhere that Sunderland don't want Boyce, or any other striker, since they signed Lafferty as they now have enough in that department. 

They're trying to offload Grigg and McNulty so they can bring someone else in.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They're trying to offload Grigg and McNulty so they can bring someone else in.

Ah. Hadn't realised that. Baws :sad:

Looks like Avdijaj’s agent has just checked into a hotel in Rome (on Instagram) No posts from Avdijaj since yesterday’s.  🤔 ........hopefully means the deal with us is all agreed? 

Edited by Tyniestemper

4 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Looks like Avdijaj’s agent has just checked into a hotel in Rome (on Instagram) No posts from Avdijaj since yesterday’s.  🤔 ........hopefully means the deal with us is all agreed? 

If Avdijaj is still in Edinburgh I don’t give a scooby where his agent is. But if both are in Rome on their way somewhere else then I do give a scooby.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Avdijaj is still in Edinburgh I don’t give a scooby where his agent is. But if both are in Rome on their way somewhere else then I do give a scooby.

Yup. Same.

2 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Yup. Same.

Not on Instagram myself, can you see their posts if not on it yourself? If so any links?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's Sunday afternoon, boys. Take the day off and chill out, eh. :lol:

You’ve made the wrong assumption that I have a life of some kind.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, His name is said:

Screenshot_20200119-153731.png

Ah shit. If you squint your eyes you can see Avdijaj's reflection in the window. Must be signing for Roma :(

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Ah shit. If you squint your eyes you can see Avdijaj's reflection in the window. Must be signing for Roma :(

He would have been gash anyway........................

am I doing this right?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He would have been gash anyway........................

am I doing this right?

That's how it usually goes. :lol:

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I genuinely couldn’t give two shits what they’re doing to be fair, as long as they’re nowhere near our preparations and it isn’t stopping DS doing what he needs to do.  

Well if they don't get the finger out and remove the deadwood that DS doesn't want then it may impact on the funding he has to bring in the players he wants.