The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He has.

This was your reply to "You said he's signed" - and in the same post...

Deal is done just needs signed in person. 

You can see why the pedants amongst us are wary of the apparent contradiction? What sort of signing has he done? Has he e-signed? Verbally signed?

It is of course possible that Stendel is playing things low key until the photo call etc.

Either way, hope you're right and we see him on the pitch sooner rather than later.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You can see why the pedants amongst us are wary of the apparent contradiction? What sort of signing has he done? Has he e-signed? Verbally signed?

It is of course possible that Stendel is playing things low key until the photo call etc.

Either way, hope you're right and we see him on the pitch sooner rather than later.

He is a hearts player.

He will be an OFFICIAL Hearts player when he gets here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

People who think Aberdeen is in the north 😒. It takes me longer to get to a game at pittodrie than it does to Tynecastle. I'm not overly keen on the average speed camera a9 most weeks but you have to do it. I love when the BBC claim Celtic & Rangers go out of their way to play up here, how do county fans etc feel every other week having to travel? 

Ignorance in Scotland generally to our geographical position. 

Central belt is in the south north east is central north is called the Highlands even if the actual mountains are right up the spine. 

If they bypassed Dundee from Forfar to Perth my journey from Aberdeen would be a dawdle. 

Always a shorter journey when Hearts win

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

He is a hearts player.

Ah, I see - great! He's an unofficial Hearts player. 👍

Actually, I think I may be one of those...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What are you looking for? Photograph?

Not going to get that. That's for the club. Player travelling halfway over Europe and ripping up his contract, with information he is speaking to us positively,  as good as it gets 

Ah, I see - great! He's an unofficial Hearts player. 👍

Actually, I think I may be one of those...

If I understand correctly the situations is: He has agreed to sign a contract. He hasn't signed it physically yet because he needs to be here to do that. But he has made it clear he intends to. He could have a last minute change of mind. 

I'm not itk but could work out what is being said. Not that difficult really. As I suspect the vast majority who have read this awful thread will confirm. 

13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He is a hearts player.

Daza, I appreciate all the info you post on here. Many thanks 👍

Do we start calling him shit when he’s a Hearts player or when he is “officially” a Hearts player??

Edited by Vlad Magic

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Do we start calling him shit when he’s a Hearts player or when he is “officially” a Hearts player??

wage thief first then shit

18 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He is a hearts player.

From that I take it he has signed a contract which will have been registered with the SFA by the time he gets here.

Is that it?

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, capital city said:

If I understand correctly the situations is: He has agreed to sign a contract. He hasn't signed it physically yet because he needs to be here to do that. But he has made it clear he intends to. He could have a last minute change of mind. 

Yes, that seems to be the situation. I value daza's input, but he didn't help himself when he said  - in the same post - that Donis had signed, and then that he hadn't. It was meant as a light-hearted observation, that's all.

My take on it is that,  as an unofficial Hearts player,   he is strong and healthy.   When he signs to become an official Hearts player,   Levein will look at him the wrong way and his body will literally fall apart.     Amirite?

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes, that seems to be the situation. I value daza's input, but he didn't help himself when he said  - in the same post - that Donis had signed, and then that he hadn't. It was meant as a light-hearted observation, that's all.

Just sounded a wee bit pedantic and we have enough of that on here. Just dragging the thread in a downward spiral. I'm not sure what's worse, the "look at me! I'm itk" or "Look at me tellin' him, he's no' itk!"

Situation seems to be in our favour. At the stage now where I’d be more shocked if we didn’t sign him. Seems like a bit of a radge but if he screws the nut he could be one of the best signings in a long time. 

2 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

With all these only fools and horses based clues we must be signing Liam Trotter

Or maybe David Peckham....

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Situation seems to be in our favour. At the stage now where I’d be more shocked if we didn’t sign him. Seems like a bit of a radge but if he screws the nut he could be one of the best signings in a long time. 

Hopefully he’s impressed enough by the facilities and the terms we’re going to put before him.

Don't think it takes a Sherlock type detective to say that this boy is probably signing. Unless he fancies a paid trip to Edinburgh for a couple of days.

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Hopefully he’s impressed enough by the facilities and the terms we’re going to put before him.

Aye I hope so. I thought it was a bit of a pie in the sky thing when the story broke but the guy probably wants to play in the EPL or Championship. Scottish football not a bad route to get there by. 

Can I take this one? 

When you say Sherlock type detective do you mean the Benedict Cumerbatch type or Robert Downey Jr? When you say boy do you mean he's a teenager? Are you sure when he signs it'll no be with a pencil? How do you know the trip was paid for? How do you know he wants to sign in Edinburgh? Why are we no' flying out to him?  A couple of days you say? Whats the point of that? You can't do the castle in that time! 

I hope that's as painful to read as it was to type.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't think it takes a Sherlock type detective to say that this boy is probably signing. Unless he fancies a paid trip to Edinburgh for a couple of days.

Just don't include the medical department on the tour, all will be fine  :)

A_A wehatethehibs

Looking forward to one of the Kris Boyd / Wille Miller type Daily Record / Sportsound illiterate pundits mispronouncing his name.

Aye the boy Ahmedinijad looks alright eh, but whys Hearts no geen chanceys to a Scottish laddie ? 

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I hope so. I thought it was a bit of a pie in the sky thing when the story broke but the guy probably wants to play in the EPL or Championship. Scottish football not a bad route to get there by. 

Only reason he will be coming IMO, but if it suits all parties etc.

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

From that I take it he has signed a contract which will have been registered with the SFA by the time he gets here.

Is that it?

My understanding is he has agreed terms and will sign his contract when he gets here

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

As long as the loser and the hippy have had absolutely zero involvement in his scouting I am in favour of this.

I think they’re both working full time on getting rid of players rather than recruiting them.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

As long as the loser and the hippy have had absolutely zero involvement in his scouting I am in favour of this.

Doesn't look like they have anything to do with this - Stendel himself said he knew Donis from his youth days in Germany.

Takeshi kovac

We have been crying out for an exciting winger for years and I have a feeling this could be the guy. Looks like a bit of an attitude problem but don't think we would have any chance if he didn't. Hopefully he signs and Stendal brings the best out of him

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

A German/kosovan who has played football in the country our boss and coach come from? Got Levein’s mucky fingerprints all over it. 

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, capital city said:

Just sounded a wee bit pedantic and we have enough of that on here. Just dragging the thread in a downward spiral. I'm not sure what's worse, the "look at me! I'm itk" or "Look at me tellin' him, he's no' itk!"

I do like a bit of pedantry - but this was fairly basic stuff; he has signed/ he hasn't signed. And as for the thread, there's been a lot worse over the the course of its 142 pages! At least it's on topic. For clarity (pedantry), I'm not one of those who think daza isn't ITK.  :thumbsup:

I do like a bit of pedantry - but this was fairly basic stuff; he has signed/ he hasn't signed. And as for the thread, there's been a lot worse over the the course of its 142 pages! At least it's on topic. For clarity (pedantry), I'm not one of those who think daza isn't ITK.  :thumbsup:

There are worse culprits out there granted. If folk post stuff they've heard that might be of interest then fine. If it turns out wrong, so what? Hardly a capital offence. Some seem to take it so personally. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

He is a hearts player.

Spot on 👍🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What are you looking for? Photograph?

Not going to get that. That's for the club. Player travelling halfway over Europe and ripping up his contract, with information he is speaking to us positively,  as good as it gets 

Fcuk it, I’m off to the airport with my daughter and my scarf. Someone let me know his flight arrival time. Can’t beat the first pic with the scarf above the head. Welcome David. If any one knows Daz will know. Just hope this David is a better player than the other David I turned up at the airport for 😂

32 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I think they’re both working full time on getting rid of players rather than recruiting them.

They are not doing very well then are they.

Whelan and Keena.

20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Fcuk it, I’m off to the airport with my daughter and my scarf. Someone let me know his flight arrival time. Can’t beat the first pic with the scarf above the head. Welcome David. If any one knows Daz will know. Just hope this David is a better player than the other David I turned up at the airport for 😂

You might be waiting a while for a new David... Keep an eye out for Donis whilst you're there though! 👍

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They are not doing very well then are they.

Whelan and Keena.

I genuinely couldn’t give two shits what they’re doing to be fair, as long as they’re nowhere near our preparations and it isn’t stopping DS doing what he needs to do.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

This lad is called Donis,  don't be calling him Dave  :lol:

14 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

You might be waiting a while for a new David... Keep an eye out for Donis whilst you're there though! 👍

😂 I knew it began with a D. Should’ve kept myself in the loop