The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Angry? No. 

Bemused and sad? Yes

Why bemused and sad? Sounds like we may finally have found a goal scorer, something we’ve been missing for years. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

34 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

How has Bryson got on at Aberdeen? Dodge a bullet there 

Phew.  I’m just glad we never sign players that are injury prone or players from down south on inflated wages that end up shite 👍

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Are we looking at any other League 1 goal machines or international strikers that score a goal once in 21 matches?

Cole Stocktons brother and Uches body building mate 👍

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What’s the latest on Craig Gordon coming back?

I don’t think DS is interested at the moment for a gk more interested in goal scorers I think 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Why bemused and sad? Sounds like we may finally have found a goal scorer, something we’ve been missing for years. 

Yeah. Why would that make a Hearts supporter sad? I knew he was bemused but seems v keen for this not to be true. Odd

49 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Any clue as to the back up targets,not names but were they decent options or junk?

Bit of both. Probably not good enough to get us out of this mess. 

46 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I was more or less saying, fine, let’s see.

Christ man, touchy or what?

Just asking? 

14 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There's a huge jump between matching Burton's valuation and Boyce being "highly likely" to sign, given that the biggest hurdle will be convincing him to choose us over Sunderland (or whoever else).

I do feel like tomorrow might be the day for our first signing, though. A goalscoring winger, perhaps.

If Stendel has made it clear we want Boyce, and we immediately put in the bid we were told to pay weeks ago, I dont think we will just go ok too much goodbye. I am certain that the deal will be done. 

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Recovery from hernia OP on Wednesday. A necessity sadly. Was due before Christmas, but got cancelled. I've had milk today though...👍🏻

Any chance you could give Haring the name of your surgeon ?

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just asking? 

If Stendel has made it clear we want Boyce, and we immediately put in the bid we were told to pay weeks ago, I dont think we will just go ok too much goodbye. I am certain that the deal will be done. 

Cheers mate.

Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Makes sense although still dependent on the player wanting to come - which hopefully he does.

On 15/01/2020 at 19:34, CJGJ said:

With correct spelling.....There will be  'a signing tomorrow'

No idea if it same as the tweet infers

Either that or we are wasting hotel room bookings

Rooms occupied 

11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just asking? 

Cheers for the info daz

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's not rocket science.

Because I would hope that we could do better.

Than Liam Boyce? Proven SPL goal scorer. Knows the league. Knows the club. Ready to hit the ground running Ok then. 

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There's a huge jump between matching Burton's valuation and Boyce being "highly likely" to sign, given that the biggest hurdle will be convincing him to choose us over Sunderland (or whoever else).

I do feel like tomorrow might be the day for our first signing, though. A goalscoring winger, perhaps.

Who else has matched his valuation??

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's not rocket science.

Totally at it.

Come on, time to own up.

20 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sunderland will be able to offer more than us an probably a hefty promotion bonus on top. Football-wise, they're a more attractive option at the moment as well.

He'd be ideal for us, so hopefully I'm spectacularly wrong, but I can't see it.

SomethingAboutObua

Surely Sunderland having just signed Lafferty can't still be keen on Boyce? They must have a massive squad and I can't believe they think stockpiling guys in the 3rd tier whilst not looking certain to get out this year again is a good plan? Only a few years ago they were the most in debt team in England or something until it was written off no? Would hope they'd learn from that.

14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's not rocket science.

Boyce has a 1 in 2 record in the SPL and a 1 in 3 record for Burton. 

For comparison, Lafferty had a 1 in 3 record for us in the league.

Okay, so not a popular suggestion but Hibs are looking to offload Chris Maxwell who by all accounts has been solid for them when he's played. They've just re-signed Adam Bogdan so Maxwell is surplus to requirements.

Would you take him? 6 month deal?

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Surely Sunderland having just signed Lafferty can't still be keen on Boyce? They must have a massive squad and I can't believe they think stockpiling guys in the 3rd tier whilst not looking certain to get out this year again is a good plan? Only a few years ago they were the most in debt team in England or something until it was written off no? Would hope they'd learn from that.

Doesn't stop The Rangers .

Just now, TheTrumpet said:

Okay, so not a popular suggestion but Hibs are looking to offload Chris Maxwell who by all accounts has been solid for them when he's played. They've just re-signed Adam Bogdan so Maxwell is surplus to requirements.

Have you seen him play?

4 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I give you Exhibit A - The Rangers.

11 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

No but Hibby pals say he did nothing wrong.

There's some absolute howlers from him rushing out and the ball bouncing over him from some hibs games I've seen. Seen a few good saves from him as well though. So probably has a good YouTube clip.

I'm naturally adverse to ex hibs players in general. Hartley being the exception.

15 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

There's some absolute howlers from him rushing out and the ball bouncing over him from some hibs games I've seen. Seen a few good saves from him as well though. So probably has a good YouTube clip.

I'm naturally adverse to ex hibs players in general. Hartley being the exception.

Yeah, certainly wouldn't be breaking the bank for him but he has 6 months on his Hibs loan, he's in Edinburgh, and I think he's reasonable with the ball at his feet. Sometimes realpolitik is the sensible option. But given where he currently is I'd say it was unlikely. Just thought I'd fly it and see what folk thought,

37 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

:kirk:

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

when was our first reported interested in Boyce?

we’ve been dicking about and from what Daza has said Stendel has got frustrated and told them to ****ing sorted 

As a result of us dicking about we might not get the player and at best Stendel will have had a week to 10 days less to work with him and for him to get to know the team/the system 

You could argue that by, over and above, trying to identify players other than the main targets, the club is trying too hard to support the manager.

He wants them to concentrate on the main target(s), quite rightly, but you can hardly accuse the club of not supporting him, however misguidedly.

Just some of my thoughts.

I've heard very knowledgable people saying that the January window is never easy.  The 'Spurs manager was one of them.  Plenty others.

I'm sure we're doing our best to get things over the line.  DS said in that most recent interview that he is very hopeful now of signing a player or players he wants.

Just have to be patient.  In the meantime we have some very good players and others who may be improving by the day under his tutelage.

Im feeling very good about how things are going right now.  Just wish we could get some positive news about Haring.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've heard very knowledgable people saying that the January window is never easy.  The 'Spurs manager was one of them.  Plenty others.

I'm sure we're doing our best to get things over the line.  DS said in that most recent interview that he is very hopeful now of signing a player or players he wants.

Just have to be patient.  In the meantime we have some very good players and others who may be improving by the day under his tutelage.

Im feeling very good about how things are going right now.  Just wish we could get some positive news about Haring.

Here's what he (Stendel) said today about Halket and Haring.

On the injury front, Stendel confirmed Craig Halkett will be available for tomorrow but couldn’t put a time frame on Peter Haring’s return.

“He had an appointment with the doctor at the start of January,” Stendel confirmed. “He needs rest now. I hope that after this he can start with training and he has no pain again.

“The exact diagnosis I don’t know. This is the main problem when he has been out for so long. It wasn’t really clear. It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t a normal injury. That’s the problem.”

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Here's what he (Stendel) said today about Halket and Haring.

On the injury front, Stendel confirmed Craig Halkett will be available for tomorrow but couldn’t put a time frame on Peter Haring’s return.

“He had an appointment with the doctor at the start of January,” Stendel confirmed. “He needs rest now. I hope that after this he can start with training and he has no pain again.

“The exact diagnosis I don’t know. This is the main problem when he has been out for so long. It wasn’t really clear. It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t a normal injury. That’s the problem.”

Thanks for posting.  Good news re Halkett and not so good about Haring.  Hopefully though, he might get the all clear by the end of this month and be ready to play again a few weeks later.

Glass half full.

Despite wee tidbits knocking up the page count on this thread a little curb of the enthusiasm might be needed today. In that even those confident of imminent incoming(s) have already warned it won’t be today anything happens.

With County midweek I still think a signing next week is unlikely too. The Boyce one is odd to me, we were named by his manager weeks ago as showing interest but everything went quiet. Probably the only player to have had actual significant link to a transfer other than guesswork by journalists. I’d like to see Boyce join but I also like the idea when Stendel is talking about a transfer being close he’s got someone no one has even mentioned yet in mind. Must be odd for Scottish sports journalists actually having to work on getting a scoop.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Boyce would be a fantastic signing.

I thought he would be out our league so would be delighted if it happened.  

Tell you what.If Stendel needed to twist Budge's arm to pay 200,000 for a proven 20 goals a season striker then that tells me she isn't exactly backing him strongly from the off.If indeed that was the situation talked about.Especially in our current perilous position.

Italian Lambretta
17 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Tell you what.If Stendel needed to twist Budge's arm to pay 200,000 for a proven 20 goals a season striker then that tells me she isn't exactly backing him strongly from the off.If indeed that was the situation talked about.Especially in our current perilous position.

I dont think its budge but the inbetweeners who are stalling. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You could argue that by, over and above, trying to identify players other than the main targets, the club is trying too hard to support the manager.

He wants them to concentrate on the main target(s), quite rightly, but you can hardly accuse the club of not supporting him, however misguidedly.

Just some of my thoughts.

Precisely. But also why the 2 others are worthless 

58 minutes ago, Four faces said:

We have had no indication that this is the case.

1 hour ago, Four faces said:

Sure he said in one of his interviews, the club were working hard to bring players in

Tbh, when you google ‘Donis Avdijaj’ kickback comes up, someone could easily have just googled him and put 2+2 together and got 5.