The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Was thought of highly at Schalke, but essentially punted cos his attitude was shite. Signed a one year deal with Trabzonspor in July but he's got an option for another 3 years.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, jambopilms said:

I've heard that he is gagging for a relegation battle in Scotland. Dream move for the lad.

To be fair Willem 2 are not as big a club as us and he played for them recently.  Also, it seems like a lot of players find it tricky to settle in Turkey for whatever reason. Might be something in it. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Go big or go home as they say. Fitness issues according to wiki. 

That's that then if he is shy at training he is no good to Daniel lol.

6 minutes ago, bazman said:

It's not an article just somebody tweeting a reply to one of the evening news articles

Same person that told me he was signing .suppose we'll  see soon enough  if it's true or hes at the wind up

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I've heard that he is gagging for a relegation battle in Scotland. Dream move for the lad.

:rofl: 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Donis Xhemë Avdijaj (born 25 August 1996) is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Turkish club Trabzonspor and the Kosovo national team. He previously represented Germany at youthinternational level.

Shite attitude, doesnt score too many goals. Ticks all the boxes for Levei..... aw wait a minute....thats not our way now.

No chance this one is happening.

TynecastleBC5

Seen a Turkish newspaper article posted an online article 5 hours ago. Short and sweet but this is what google translated it as....

"Transfer permit to Donis Avdijaj

Trabzonspor in the 2nd half of the season in the squad Donis Avdijaj thought of the club took the permission to make transfer talks. It was learned that Avdijaj did not participate in yesterday's study and had meetings with his manager. Transferring with great hopes Kosovo footballer played in 8 league matches, scored 1 goal and 1 assists.

The decision has been made, Coach Hüseyin Çimşir told the management a while ago that he was not thinking about Avdijaj."

Seems to me not in the managers plans and available for transfer?

40 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Why do people give the OP the time of day? If you look at his posting history you’ll see in the past year he’s linked us to probably around 30-40 names minimum and zero have signed.

I remember ages ago his twitter handle was posted on here and it became obvious that he was constantly tweeting and pestering players agents asking for info. Madness

Tumbleweed :waiting:

We are in a right royal mess right now. A very sorry state of affairs. Bottom of the league, can't defend, can't score goals, can't get any signings in. All orchestrated and implemented by Budge, Levein and MacPhee. You just couldn't make this shit up.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seen 1 person claiming that he is signing for us on twitter so put me down as sceptical.

Knowing that person in in the same boat as you 

I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think it's as unrealistic as some are suggesting. Isn't getting a game at Trabzonspor at the moment and seems to be available on loan. The Arsenal/Juve stuff is fantasy, looking at his CV.

He's a winger rather than a striker. Looks quite similar to Milinkovic in style.

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Its gossip, if that.

Very noticeable nobody has any inside info (or are not revealing it) .

According to DS we are very close to signing someone (maybe 2?) . Unusual for there not to be a leak by now 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another productive day in the offing. Hope Ann’s enjoying her hols

Because nothing can happen if she is not in Edinburgh ?

Don't know if you are stupid or just being bitchy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Just genuinely hope she’s enjoying her hols, that’s all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

PS - nothing is happening :rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

The opposite of what DS said in his interview ?  Sure you must be right. 

I don’t doubt that they’re looking at players but forgive me for actually wanting to see some movement with half the window gone.

10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

According to DS we are very close to signing someone (maybe 2?) . Unusual for there not to be a leak by now 

Maybe people’s previous sources have found themselves out the loop?

I’m thinking John Murray and those close to him specifically.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another productive day in the offing. Hope Ann’s enjoying her hols

Thought she was back from her winter jolly on Mon/Yesterday?

Someone said she has a meeting planned with the "old guard" on Thursday this week on here.

(Should I look up the word "gullible" in the dictionary )?

With the injured players back, I think our squad is more than capable of getting out this situation without any further signings. Personally I'd rather we didn't rush into longer term contracts for panic signings.

I'd be happy with two players incoming, a central midfielder because we are still quite light in that area, and hopefully another forward, be that a striker or a winger.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t doubt that they’re looking at players but forgive me for actually wanting to see some movement with half the window gone.

He was quite clear he expected signings this week.  Should have been done before now but as long as we get a couple in this week it’s good progress. 

Jambof3tornado

I wonder if DS is as panicky right now as the forum??

Seemed cool enough yesterday.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

13 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

it could be they’re direct contacts of Daniel and Jorg and they’re keeping it tight. 

Or it could mean we’re not close at all ☹️

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

He was quite clear he expected signings this week.  Should have been done before now but as long as we get a couple in this week it’s good progress. 

Should have been done before now, really, its that easy to sign players that will be a good fit for us,in the positions we want, that we can afford, that want to come to us?

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I wonder if DS is as panicky right now as the forum??

Seemed cool enough yesterday.

Probably because he knows what's going on unlike us on here

Jambof3tornado
Just now, bazman said:

Probably because he knows what's going on unlike us on here

Well if he is cool about it then I'll be keeping my panties dry for now!!