• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

17 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Leigh Griffiths looking for a move?

Think he is content just taking wages but is down the pecking order even more now

Edited by Hearts007

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Jack Ross is looking for a striker.

Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up there on loan

Franksluckypants
On 13/01/2020 at 20:08, Hearts007 said:

Didnt see Romanov at tynie every transfer window

Good point, though one dark evening in circa 12th January 2011 I did happen across a well turned out gentleman sailor doon McLeod Street with waxed moustache, odour of Pelmeni, enquiring about the world famous lofty 61m monument on your Princess of Street, the outgoings at your Rosyth in the dockyards, and the current whereabouts of then SFA presidenty Mr George Peat...he was also wearing a Romanov v Bednar boxing headband for some strange reason? 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We will still end up with Herrmann and Thiam. 

Wishful thinking , shot in the dark , information or just a random statement ?

We definitely need a goal scorer but I also think we really need a top centre mid as well. Someone similar to a Haring type since it looks like he won’t be back this season. I look at our centre mids and I think we are lacking a bit of something in there. There’s not one player there who would strike a bit of fear into the opposition. Feel like we need someone who would dominate the middle of the park, dictate play, win all the headers and tackles, I don’t really see someone like that just now, think we are a bit lightweight in there and a bit of a soft touch. Could be the difference between going down and staying up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

We definitely need a goal scorer but I also think we really need a top centre mid as well. Someone similar to a Haring type since it looks like he won’t be back this season. I look at our centre mids and I think we are lacking a bit of something in there. There’s not one player there who would strike a bit of fear into the opposition. Feel like we need someone who would dominate the middle of the park, dictate play, win all the headers and tackles, I don’t really see someone like that just now, think we are a bit lightweight in there and a bit of a soft touch. Could be the difference between going down and staying up. 

We might have to live with Smith there for a while, or even Halkett or Souttar stepping in Darren Barr style. As important is getting our best forwards fit to play in front of whoever the CM is - Naismith, Walker and Washington.

2 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Nigel Clough says tonight could’ve been Boyce last game for Burton... please be Gorgie bound 🤞🏻

🤞🤞🤞

3 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Nigel Clough says tonight could’ve been Boyce last game for Burton... please be Gorgie bound 🤞🏻

I'd be delighted if we got Boyce.😊

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We might have to live with Smith there for a while, or even Halkett or Souttar stepping in Darren Barr style. As important is getting our best forwards fit to play in front of whoever the CM is - Naismith, Walker and Washington.

yeah totally agree, the fact we have 4/5 centre mids but our best one is a right back says it all.

those three staying fit for the rest of the season could also be the difference!

In Stendel we trust. 🇩🇪 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

yeah totally agree, the fact we have 4/5 centre mids but our best one is a right back says it all.

those three staying fit for the rest of the season could also be the difference!

In Stendel we trust. 🇩🇪 

We only signed one DM to cover for Haring when his injury flared up again - Whelan. Now Smith is replacing him, for now. If Clare continues to do well at RB Smith as DM could work great. Some of our best DMs in recent years have been converted defenders, including Haring.

Need the right players around them though, which is why Walker, Naismith and Souttar coming back is hopefully great news. Irving has had a chance in midfield and looked better than Damour. Cochrane and Smith also coming back from loan. Petkov might also be earmarked for a go at DM.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Well at 102 pages we have reached the requisite  amount before we usually sign anyone. 

Hello Mr Boyce (on Thursday, maybe, hopefully).

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jordan Rhodes, totally our of favour at Wednesday and on loan at Norwich ...... just saying like 😆

Scored a hat trick about two weeks ago for Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Ahhhhh shite 👎🏼 Bet he missed hunners of chances, they should punt him! Thought he was at Norwich on loan 

Just now, Armageddon said:

Ahhhhh shite 👎🏼 Bet he missed hunners of chances, they should punt him! Thought he was at Norwich on loan 

Sheff Wed wanted something like £8m so Norwich decided against signing him permanently. 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Sheff Wed wanted something like £8m so Norwich decided against signing him permanently. 

They want Connor Wickham and would be willing to sell Rhodes to help make that possible.

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jordan Rhodes, totally our of favour at Wednesday and on loan at Norwich ...... just saying like 😆

Rhodes? Where we’re going we don’t need Rhodes. 

30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

25 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

can just see that.. sign Rhodes...****in levein signing been trying to get him every window for years ffs. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

can just see that.. sign Rhodes...****in levein signing been trying to get him every window for years ffs. 

We were trying to get Boyce under Levein too

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Twitter saying Sunderland are in advanced talks with boyce

Sunderland trying to sign everyone possible to me might be one of the reasons they are a mess. Seems like they are in for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Boyce AND Lafferty they'll potentially have then?

What could've been. If we weren't run like a shit-show that is.

Never mind. 

Exactly ,definetly lost out on them " 

15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

A lot more to that contract extension than just footballing matters. Was pleased that we gave him an extension. 

Are you itk, or, which appears to be the KB way, just surmising and pretending to to be itk?

I'd be interested to know why anyone at Hearts should be given a contract extension for anything other than football matters? Equally, why would you be pleased?

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Never mind. 

You actually being serious ? We , possibly , missing out on signing Boyce (again) because of , almost certainly , finances makes things a shit show ?

Don't believe DS would fancy Lafferty 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Never mind. 

Lol. Yup coz we're competing at a similar wage level to Sunderland right enough.

24 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Twitter saying Sunderland are in advanced talks with boyce

There has been literally no credible sources with regards to Sunderland as of yet.

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Are you itk, or, which appears to be the KB way, just surmising and pretending to to be itk?

I'd be interested to know why anyone at Hearts should be given a contract extension for anything other than football matters? Equally, why would you be pleased?

Clearly the latter judging by their posting history.

32 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You actually being serious ? We , possibly , missing out on signing Boyce (again) because of , almost certainly , finances makes things a shit show ?

Don't believe DS would fancy Lafferty 

If we weren’t bottom of the table and hadn’t wasted millions on shite (shit show) we may have a chance of Liam Boyce.

Mcnulty would work with Washington though, all his pals are Jambos....

26 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

There has been literally no credible sources with regards to Sunderland as of yet.

Apart from the Burton manager?

Not a chance we will afford a transfer fee, or agree his wages, or be more attractive to him than teams down South.  He didn’t want to stay in Scotland in the first place. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Apart from the Burton manager?

Not a chance we will afford a transfer fee, or agree his wages, or be more attractive to him than teams down South.  He didn’t want to stay in Scotland in the first place. 

Correct.

8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

We didn’t give Doyle an extension for some compassionate reason. If we did we wouldn’t be telling him to bolt not! 

That was merely invented by a few posters, who were struggling to justify the football decision. 

It was simply a poor decision by the club. We made a lot of them🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds more plausible than some of the shite I've just read. There's even proof to back up your last paragraph. 😁 😂

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Rhodes? Where we’re going we don’t need Rhodes. 

An under appreciated post, Dino.

73098311835ef0ca574a80bdcc33137c.jpg

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If we weren’t bottom of the table and hadn’t wasted millions on shite (shit show) we may have a chance of Liam Boyce.

Mcnulty would work with Washington though, all his pals are Jambos....

You do know we have tried to sign Boyce previously . Nothing to do with shit show . All down to wages 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Both you and I know that is actually true, would be ironic!

Also the Daza haters would be out again 😉

Howdy Doody Jambo

Burton will not want to sell to a rival club going for promotion in Sunderland doesn't make sense, they would be better keeping him until his contract expires with the chance of going up and not strengthen the opposition 

Or they could sell to us to raise funds for a replacement 

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You do know we have tried to sign Boyce previously . Nothing to do with shit show . All down to wages 

So it wouldn’t have been a DS signing then? Or just a massive coincidence?  What is the point in pursuing a footballer we couldn’t get from Ross County let alone an established L1 player? 

5 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Burton will not want to sell to a rival club going for promotion in Sunderland doesn't make sense, they would be better keeping him until his contract expires with the chance of going up and not strengthen the opposition 

So Burton would sell to us for much much less and Boyce would sign for us for less wages and play in a country he was already looking to leave to join bottom of the table us instead of chasing promotion to the English championship on more wages for either Burton or Sunderland?  How on earth does that make any sense?  “Sorry Liam were ahead of Sunderland just now so we aren’t going to sell to them as we are in the playoff” “oh well then I quite fancy going back to the bottom of the Scottish Premiership instead of firing you guys into the championship, putting myself in the window for when my contract runs out”. Mental. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

What's a credible source? When the club announce a signing?

34 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Now that is some beautiful wishful thinking. Top marks!

Coburg Hearts
21 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I normally agree with you Coburg but not on this occasion I'm afraid.

I'm 99.7% sure.

Have to say though that getting our injured players up and running and seeing the others continuing to improve under Stendel matters more to me or at least, just as much.

Doug, I think your last paragraph is spot on. Even just a slight improvement in most of the players, plus most of the injured players returning, will make a big difference. 

Also, it seems the team will be that much fitter, too. 

A win on Saturday could set us up for the league games upcoming. 

The futures bright, the futures maroon and white.

47 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So it wouldn’t have been a DS signing then? Or just a massive coincidence?  What is the point in pursuing a footballer we couldn’t get from Ross County let alone an established L1 player? 

Nope you've got me there !

Wtf are you actually asking or trying to say ?