• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

I don't think any of the following players will be on our books by the end of next summer:

Pereira

Zlamal

Smith

Brandon

Berra

Dikamona

White

Hickey

Whelan

Damour

Walker

Mulraney

Meshino 

Bozanic

Wighton

McLean

Naismith

Plus the likes of Silva, Mason, Baur, Burns, Moore, Morrison, Currie and Keena.

A new head of recruitment is a must IMO as we will need to replace many of these players.

11 hours ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Our most important window since the summer of 2014. 

We simply cannot afford to get this one wrong. The consequences are grave if we do.

Yep very true

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Brandon? A player who has improved under the new manager. Can run, won't be on a big wage. No danger he will leave. Another who could improve.

Yip. Some people missing a point. 

Stendel is going to improve some players. Maybe not all of them. He will decide what's required and it may not be obvious 

12 hours ago, Badonde said:

mulraney

whelan 

bobby

wighton

Brandon

morrison

Maclean

would be delighted if they were all to leave 

Would keep Brandon out that list but the rest can go immediately.  Feel Brandon improved after getting u21 cap. Stendel could make a player of him yet.

9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It might not be as easy that getting rid of them. 

They are under contract and they would probably get less money elsewhere plus who the hell would actually want them. 😏

Yep, might need to be loan deals for them but even that may prove difficult.  

We will likely get rid of some but others will want to hang on to their contracts, which they will be unlikely to better elsewhere. 

You'll be able to tell the guys who want to play football from the ones that prefer their paycheck. 

That said its the clubs fault for being so generous in the first place, you couldn't blame them for wanting to see out their spell with us. Or at least till the summer. 

Holyrood_Hearts

See the people listing Brandon, have they actually watched him recently? There’s no chance he’ll be away in Jan. 

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

See the people listing Brandon, have they actually watched him recently? There’s no chance he’ll be away in Jan. 

In answer to your question .

No

1 hour ago, andrew said:

I don't think any of the following players will be on our books by the end of next summer:

Pereira

Zlamal

Smith

Brandon

Berra

Dikamona

White

Hickey

Whelan

Damour

Walker

Mulraney

Meshino 

Bozanic

Wighton

McLean

Naismith

A new head of recruitment is a must IMO as we will need to replace many of these players.

I've been very mixed on Bozanic but think his energy suits Stendel's style and we might see him stay as a back up. He doesn't have the quality required but he does all the running needed and I think Stendel likes him. Obviously I hope Smith is still with us as well.

Holyrood_Hearts

If we can move on at least Whelan, Mulraney, Bobby, Wighton, MacLean & White this window I’ll be happy with that. If we can’t get more from Naismith maybe him too. Callum Morrison has the pace that DS might like so maybe he’ll get a chance. Walker’s a funny one as I don’t know if he suits the shape Stendel has the team set up? 

A striker or two is an absolute must coming in. 

Captain Canada

One of the good things about Stendel is he seems to have improved a few players already. I feel that under CL and co. almost every player either regressed or stayed at the same level. 

Hopefully in time we'll see more academy players come into the first team and flourish so they can attract big transfer fees which can be reinvested. 

Maybe then we can reduce the need to have to go out and find 10 new players every window because any gaps in the squad will be filled by good players from the academy rather than older guys with no sell-on value or appetite to improve themselves. 

Edited by Captain Canada

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Would keep Brandon out that list but the rest can go immediately.  Feel Brandon improved after getting u21 cap. Stendel could make a player of him yet.

same, I thought he was very good against Celtic until he went off and was arguably our best player in the weeks before.. deserves more time definitely 

Edited by kingantti1874

Holyrood_Hearts
Just now, TommyC said:

I've been very mixed on Bozanic but think his energy suits Stendel's style and we might see him stay as a back up. He doesn't have the quality required but he does all the running needed and I think Stendel likes him. Obviously I hope Smith is still with us as well.

Agreed on Bozanic. Irving got a lot of praise (rightly) for his performance but having two guys in Boz & Smith alongside him helped his game and allowed him to get on the ball & create chances 

1 hour ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Yep, might need to be loan deals for them but even that may prove difficult.  

Another possible problem is that we might still be paying part of the loan wages which is not ideal on the financial side when looking to bring players in. 

The whole situation needs to be handled delicately. 

We have Levein and Macphee apparently for that job. 

Couldn't have picked 2 bigger clowns for it. ☹️

They should have vacated the premises completely months and months ago. 

As I said in the previous post the biggest problem could be that nobody will want them after the way they have performed for us. 

There will be plenty of these imposters happy to get paid and not play with no conscious at all. 😏

Be interesting to see what happens during the window with other teams in the bottom 6. Some of these teams could lose some of their better talents and more influential players.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I still think Morrison has a place in the squad as he played a significant part in that good start we had over a year ago now, that does seem a lot longer ago though. 

His crossing could be as bad as Mulraney at times but I feel he has more control with the ball at his feet and a bit of pace too. 

He could improve greatly with Stendel in charge. 

Leveins Battalion

I hope we are at least watching Tevi Lawson the Livingston right back.Different class every time I've seen him and also ripped Hibs for arsepaper yesterday.

25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hope players we get in arrive early in the window.

That would be ideal but fear we may need people to move on first.

I imagine we will learn soon who will be released. Calum Morrison hasn't featured for ages, is he injured? White, Whelan, Mulraney possibly among those who will be leaving I'm guessing.

Franksluckypants

I wonder if there are medium or long term plans now, or wither they have been completely binned?

The previous strategic masterplan of assembling a squad capable of challenging the gruesome 2some has altered somewhat to one of pure survival, and yet the same incumbents who dictated that strategy are still to be involved in our current revised short term recruitment process? Continual failure should not be given the opportunity to be repeated to any degree.

Its looking like another major overhaul & turnover of players. This might well be repeated in the summer, when the original plan is revised, by someone who actually knows what they are doing, and we're back to competing at the top end of the top league.

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I hope we are at least watching Tevi Lawson the Livingston right back.Different class every time I've seen him and also ripped Hibs for arsepaper yesterday.

Not sure a right-back is a priority, especially since Clare is beginning to perform there.

20 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

I wonder if there are medium or long term plans now, or wither they have been completely binned?

The previous strategic masterplan of assembling a squad capable of challenging the gruesome 2some has altered somewhat to one of pure survival, and yet the same incumbents who dictated that strategy are still to be involved in our current revised short term recruitment process? Continual failure should not be given the opportunity to be repeated to any degree.

Its looking like another major overhaul & turnover of players. This might well be repeated in the summer, when the original plan is revised, by someone who actually knows what they are doing, and we're back to competing at the top end of the top league.

It's looking like another "kick the club" post.  Levein oot.  Budge oot.

To me it's looking like we could be on an upward trajectory but some people want to  pour cold water on things,  Eh?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’ll go for nothing?

maybe or let him become a coach.

he is no use to us as a player now.

Bit like Hughes was in his last season with us

Just now, Natural Orders said:

maybe or let him become a coach.

he is no use to us as a player now.

Bit like Hughes was in his last season with us

I think Stendel will judge him over the January window. He is nearing the end of his top level playing career.

Maybe do a job in the Championship. 😫

4 hours ago, andrew said:

Pereira

Zlamal

Smith

Brandon

Berra

Dikamona

White

Hickey

Whelan

Damour

Walker

Mulraney

Meshino 

Bozanic

Wighton

McLean

Naismith

Add Uche to that list. Stendel says he needs a goal scorer in his team so he clearly doesn’t see Uche as a goal scorer. Not sure what other role he could play. Gone next month I’d think 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think Stendel will judge him over the January window. He is nearing the end of his top level playing career.

Maybe do a job in the Championship. 😫

yeh if we were to go down, he would probably be good enough for us then I suppose

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Add Uche to that list. Stendel says he needs a goal scorer in his team so he clearly doesn’t see Uche as a goal scorer. Not sure what other role he could play. Gone next month I’d think 

and Washington then too

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

and Washington then too

Washington’s career record is virtually a goal every three games which isn’t that bad. He also has 20 odd caps at international level so he has something to offer, yes? 

8 away is possible. But as said players have the power mostly. 

Whelan away

Mulraney there was a bid in from America 

Hickey perhaps included 

Could be 1 or 2 keepers away 

It would be sensible for McLean to be allowed to leave now at his age as it's easier to get another year contract. 

Could be a couple of others 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Washington’s career record is virtually a goal every three games which isn’t that bad. He also has 20 odd caps at international level so he has something to offer, yes? 

what is his most recent record like though?

the last 2 calendar years for example - how many games and how many goals does he have?

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

How much can we realistically look at getting for Hickey from Man City? I've heard £1.5 million being said before I'm sure.

Celtic get a percentage of the fee 

38 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

what is his most recent record like though?

the last 2 calendar years for example - how many games and how many goals does he have?

Agreed, frozen out as SU and injured pretty much since he joined us. Doesn’t mean he will always be injured though does it? Still a first pick for NI, ahead of Lafferty, when he is fit. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, frozen out as SU and injured pretty much since he joined us. Doesn’t mean he will always be injured though does it? Still a first pick for NI, ahead of Lafferty, when he is fit. 

Could say the same about Zeefuik

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Could say the same about Zeefuik

He has never played for NI or any other country or even a decent team. Scored for us in a championship which we were skooshing when he came in. I could have scored for us that season. Washington isn’t 2-3 stone overweight either. Strange comparison to make. 

18 hours ago, Markymark said:

Mulraney 

whelan

white

doyle

wighton

uche

morrison

naismith to Killie.

no idea incoming.

I'd keep the last 3 on that list tbh

LarrysRightFoot

From speculation it’s sounds like Mulraney, Hickey (although he will be back on loan) and Whelan will be away which will bring in cash and free up wages.

Id guess DS will also want rid of at least one keeper in Jan. Possibly Wighton and White could be moved on as well, they both have/had ability but whether or not they will ever show it is still to be proven. 

At the end of the season I think at least Berra and MacLean will be away. Possibly Dikamona (is his deal up?) and Damour has a lot to prove. DS will also have a better view on the youngsters by then. (Who knows what’ll happen if we go down though).

Can we actually announce transfer dealings before January? Basically if we already have agreed deals in or out would we need to wait until January to announce them? 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Can we actually announce transfer dealings before January? Basically if we already have agreed deals in or out would we need to wait until January to announce them? 

Since any deal cannot be physically done until January, any premature announcement could be dangerous.

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Loads of deals announced.

Wayne Rooney to Derby announced 2 months ago. Haaland to Dortmund announced yesterday.