Bozanic

kila

He makes up for lack of ability with energy and determination. I think he's getting better under Stendel and looks for forward passes or least to take the ball forward.

May not be a first choice in the line up post January depending on what business gets done, but he's a player I'd definitely keep in the squad.

Think I’ve been viewing him as a work horse with a heart of gold this whole time, I’m actually starting to think that the boy can play a bit, seems to be pretty good at the balls in behind the defence

I like him. Lacking in ability but full of heart and never hides. Very much like Buaben - always wants the ball regardless of how he and the team is playing, so when he is honking he looks especially honking. 

tartofmidlothian

Good posts already. Not an outstanding player, but his attitude has been outstanding during the shit of the last couple of months. Zero hiding.

RustyRightPeg

Admittedly I slated him after the St. Johnstone game (quite rightly). He, like several others have only improved since then however. 

Fair play to him.

John mcCartney

He`s good for us at the moment and Stendel is allways keeping an eye on him .
Good luck to the geezer....

Edited by John mcCartney

Definitely fired up and starting to play forward passes more now. 
I think what is missing for me is twice he had Aberdeen players overlapping either side. Played the safe ball back. Naismith would have sensed where they were and let the ball go through him and created space driving forward. 
That’s  not a slate on him. It just highlights a trier with a player. He’s not quite there (yet?). 

Think we're seeing under Stendel that when the chips are down and times are tough it's the players who roll their sleeves up and don't hide that shine and come through it. Bozanic is one of them imo.

Those who can't hack the pressure despite more supposed talent are the ones who sink and fall by the wayside. Fortunately DS seems to have sussed who those ones are almost immediately.

May be limited as player but far better attitude than supposed better players. Has definitely responded well to Stendel 

He played well today. I’ve never been a big fan but that central midfield had a much better balance to it today with Irving, Smith and Bozanic. Good hard working players who can also play a bit too. Bozanic played his part well and hopefully he can keep this going and transform under DS. Perhaps he can win over the fans like Clare is doing too. All positive stuff today and it’s great to see. Can’t fault anyone today in a hearts top. 

• 3 weeks later...
Arthur Morgan

Bumping this as I just want to say that this guy looks a different player under Stendel, he actually plays some good balls forward now when before he always played the easy back pass, credit to Stendel for that (again! :D). 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s starting to get enough experience of Scottish football under his belt, that’s what you need for a midfielder to mature, certainly looked better last night. Be good to see him go up a gear under Stendell as we are still lacking power in the midfield

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Is there anyone who doesn't look better under Stendel?

Pereira. Absolute bombscare. We need a keeper badly.

3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Bumping this as I just want to say that this guy looks a different player under Stendel, he actually plays some good balls forward now when before he always played the easy back pass, credit to Stendel for that (again! :D). 

Easy to get sucked into that style of play when previous coaching staff don't coach properly or give you confidence, etc. Stendel has lifted everyone and you can see the coaching filtering through the players onto the park.

I said a few weeks ago that he would make my 'Worst Hearts XI". It was probably an over reaction at the time and has proving me wrong.

He's arguably the second most improved player under DS (Clare is obviously the most improved).

Jambof3tornado

Nowhere near as bad as some make out. No risk passing under CL, but a bit more freedom playing the DS way. Caught on the ball a few times thats cost us in games (damour guilty of the same), but often the delay in passing was due to lack of movement and an unwillingness to just kick the ball away.

Shanghai Hearts
On 29/12/2019 at 16:32, The Comedian said:

He's pish but he has stepped up since DS came.

This...limited but at least moving the ball forward now.

Hes been poor and stepped up due to contract running out. If he can keep it up good for him and may get an extension of 1 year.we do however need goal scoring midfielders but yes hes done well since DS came in

Hardworking and yet another player that we are seeing a huge improvement from since DS arrived and reshape do things.  I thought he had an excellent game yesterday when he replaced Smith.

I thought when he first came to us, he looked a player. As others have said, he works hard, doesn't hide. Even wins loads of headers and 50/50s for a wee guy.

But he also was very positive on the ball and tried to make things happen. That just disappeared from his game over time though. Hard not to take every player thread back to this, but his football was visibly coached out of him, rather than built on.

I like him. However, I think and hope we have better in our first 11 come August. Still a place for Bozi at the club, but saying that, maybe you'd rather our "squad" players were kids...

Irving and a new guy 1st choice. Backed up by Cochrane, Smith, who else are our young CMs?

Interesting to see what happens to Bozi and Damour.

Not even mentioned Haring!!! Maybe he's the new guy!!!

Edited by TheBigO

Just like Clare, Stendel has totally turned this lad around.  Don’t think he’ll start every week if Smith and Irving are both fit, but he’s become a very able, reliable deputy. 

If we are serious about a top 4 finish next year he will be a squad player at best. Our team is not full of potential super stars just needing a new manager to do some short term magic and get them playing great. Most of the players we have brought in are simply not good enough. The league position doesn’t lie, we still need a clear out. The mess CL left us in goes beyond motivating the existing players.

Edited by McCrae

On 29/12/2019 at 16:54, 1874robbo said:

Sorry but I just don’t rate him.

With you a bit on this one.

He's had a lot of game time and some absolute horror shows to boot. Maybe there's a chance he'll be a different player under DS. He can start by showing him how to take a free kick!

Holyrood_Hearts
On 29/12/2019 at 16:33, tartofmidlothian said:

Good posts already. Not an outstanding player, but his attitude has been outstanding during the shit of the last couple of months. Zero hiding.

This. There’s never been anything wrong with his attitude imo. Taking him off set-pieces is probably helping his confidence as well

Regal Kingston

Glad he’d not on corners any more! 
Credit where credit is due he has improved. Still a lot to do to prove he’s worth a new deal. 

I do not see the point in having a 31 year old as back up? These roles should be taken by young hungry players with sell on value prepared to take their chance when given. 

I gave every player a clean slate when Stendel was appointed. Based on that, he's been a decent player for us. I had no issues with him replacing Smith yesterday, I knew he'd put in a shift.

Never hides. Always ready to take a pass. Fits in well to a faster paced pressing game as he can make and take quick short passes and keep the momentum going. Good player to have in the squad and always gives his all when called on. 

tartofmidlothian
9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I don't think the guy is an outstanding footballer, but from what I've seen of him on the pitch he makes up for it with a great attitude. Sometimes it seemed like he was the only player with any hunger at all during the dark days, and he seems fully committed to the Stendel revolution. He'll be an important player over the next four months and will deserve a place in the wider squad long-term.

On 29/12/2019 at 16:33, tartofmidlothian said:

Majority of the players have improved since stendel came here,,,hes  got it going in the right direction,, onwards and upwards,  think this is going to be quite an interesting remainder of a season, let's go for it ,,,,,,,,,,🙌🙌🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The lad is shite

😂😂😂

In general I agree but tbf he's scored a couple of goals and played well recently. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

In general I agree but tbf he's scored a couple of goals and played well recently. 

Just far too backwards and sideways for me. Gives his all but that’s not enough for me. Much prefer Irving 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Just far too backwards and sideways for me. Gives his all but that’s not enough for me. Much prefer Irving 

Yeah, our senior players should be at a good level. 

Guys like Bozanic can easil6br replaced by our young guys. 

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

The lad is shite

Totally agree. Championship level at best, nowhere good enough for Heart of Midlothian 

Bozanic is not my cup of tea but he has looked better in last couple of games and has shown good committment.   At the moment he's an important member of the squad as we fight to get out of this position.  

Suddenly it is a rout
8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

The lad is shite

This.

I'd confidently say the worst player to wear the number 7 jersey at Hearts.

Unless Amankwaa was number 7.

On 19/01/2020 at 08:44, Gashauskis9 said:

Just like Clare, Stendel has totally turned this lad around.  Don’t think he’ll start every week if Smith and Irving are both fit, but he’s become a very able, reliable deputy. 

Agree with that.

I think Bozanic is only marginally a better player than Edwards. When he puts 100% into his game he gets pass marks.

jamboinglasgow

He appears to have the brakes switched off on what he can do which allows him to do bigger riskier moves which can pay off. Before is was restricted to short passing only in the centre of the park.