Ryan Edwards

Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, andi17 said:

REALLY not how i saw him all about opinions i suppose i thought he was chicken hearted who hid every time the going got tough

Really Andi?

He was sent away on loan to St midden at the start of the season having hardly played in pre-season. Came back and, according to the story of his departure on the club website, only made 5 appearances for the club. That included the cup final where he scored, and had an effective game, and the hubz game where he also had a good game from what I heard (lead to his run of 5 games inc cup final place). In the circumstances your verdict seems incredibly harsh.

Edited by HMFC 86

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HMFC 86

• gashauskis9

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

The White Cockade

He gave his all in the fakes I saw Did a lot of chasing down and seemed to have a good attitude 

Looked like a Stendel type player

Not a world beater by any means but wax one of our better players in the games he played

16 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Feck knows what has happened to him flying one season in Holland and now off to South Korea

For about €1 million...

10 hours ago, H2 said:

Your statement is inaccurate ; Played for Hearts for less than 2 1/2, a fair time of that out injured.In that time he played 92 competitive games. For context 205 players, including Nade, McSwegan, Obua and Baubin made more appearances.

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/aaplayersbyapp.html 

check it out for yourself.

If you are going to point out what you state as inaccuracies, at least try to do it by providing accurate “facts”. 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Spellczech said:

What I never understood is that he was apparently the fallback for Clare, but his playing style is absolutely nothing like Clare's...

I think he was brought in to make up numbers in midfield ? When we got other players in he was loaned out . Was told he wouldn't get much game time and was allowed to leave .

Nothing really strange about any of that .

I actually thought he was worth keeping but mostly as a squad player . Suppose we had Bozanic to fill that role 

Edited by johnthomas

15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I think he was brought in to make up numbers in midfield ? When we got other players in he was loaned out . Was told he wouldn't get much game time and was allowed to leave .

Nothing really strange about any of that .

I actually thought he was worth keeping but mostly as a squad player . Suppose we had Bozanic to fill that role 

I still found it strange. Someone apparently ITK posted something a while back in response to a post of mine hinting about something else going on (that I apparently should have known about) but I’m none the wiser.

Looking back, albeit with hindsight (but still predictable), I have to chuckle at the alternative attacking midfielders players cited in an article where Levein explains the reason for letting him go to Burton: Walker and Naismith (constantly injured), Connor Smith (also loaned out) and Clare (finally thriving...as a full back). 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ryan-edwards-hearts-exit-craig-levein-explains-why-midfielder-allowed-leave-543835

Edited by Peebo

Absolute Scenes
3 hours ago, andi17 said:

REALLY not how i saw him all about opinions i suppose i thought he was chicken hearted who hid every time the going got tough

I don’t think you’ve ever watched him play for hearts. “Every time the going got tough???”

he played a grand total of 4 times, with 2 of those being sub appearances, once being in a derby where he almost got the chance to score the winner. Then started in a cup final and scored our goal. 

This is the problem with forums, you say “all about opinions” but it’s clear that your opinion is utter rubbish. Ryan Edwards would have been an improvement in our midfield this year, as evident in how he is playing down south. 

Edwards would be playing in a Stendel team gauranteed ..certainly in playing squad every week. I liked the guy his effort was superb ..not saying he's a great footballer.

5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

London Hearts hasn’t been updated since 2018 chief.  Djoum joined us in 2015 and left in 2019, they have his last game down as Feb 2018 (this missing an entire season of stats). 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arnaud-djoum/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/42539

I agree that he missed almost an entire season through injury, but you can’t hold that against the guy.  He’d have played over 150 games without those injuries.  

Ok, apologies for my error.

Djoum however in my view was a luxury player who was part of the problem that contributed to the current sate of affairs. Out of 150 games, I'd suggest his best were under Neilson, and the last couple of seasons, he suited himself.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I don’t think you’ve ever watched him play for hearts. “Every time the going got tough???”

he played a grand total of 4 times, with 2 of those being sub appearances, once being in a derby where he almost got the chance to score the winner. Then started in a cup final and scored our goal. 

This is the problem with forums, you say “all about opinions” but it’s clear that your opinion is utter rubbish. Ryan Edwards would have been an improvement in our midfield this year, as evident in how he is playing down south. 

Sorry folks answered the wrong post DOH !!

Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Really Andi?

He was sent away on loan to St midden at the start of the season having hardly played in pre-season. Came back and, according to the story of his departure on the club website, only made 5 appearances for the club. That included the cup final where he scored, and had an effective game, and the hubz game where he also had a good game from what I heard (lead to his run of 5 games inc cup final place). In the circumstances your verdict seems incredibly harsh.

Answered the wrong post mate me a dafty yea i agree i liked the look of Edwards

14 minutes ago, H2 said:

Djoum however in my view was a luxury player who was part of the problem that contributed to the current sate of affairs. Out of 150 games, I'd suggest his best were under Neilson, and the last couple of seasons, he suited himself.

All about opinions my friend, I respect yours even though I don’t agree with it 👍.

13 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Answered the wrong post mate me a dafty yea i agree i liked the look of Edwards

Fair enough pal, was surprised to read your post right enough

8 hours ago, H2 said:

Djoum was played on the wing half the time by the clown levein

When in his correct position man of the match more than anybody ..... fact 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, NB GIN said:

That was very frustrating. Really irked me. 

On topic, Edwards is not a good player. 

He's extremely average at best. 

How some posters can say Edwards was a decent player for us and then say Djoum wasn't is beyond me. 

Edwards is a good pro and is having his best season ever, fair doos to the lad but he wouldn't get near a top 6 SPL side and that's were we want to be. 

We need a midfielder, bit not Edwards. 

On 28/12/2019 at 10:50, henry said:

He was what we needed, someone with energy & dynamism and able to close down quickly. Don’t think I he got a fair crack at Hearts. 

Showed to much quality for CL.

51 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think on current form Bozanic is filling the boots Edwards would have worn.

Bozanic has been first class .... just goes to show under a positive manager the difference 

We are all on heaR saying how crap he is but maybe it’s the way he has been instructed to play by potter 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think on current form Bozanic is filling the boots Edwards would have worn.

He has been playing well. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bozanic has shown the right attitude by rolling up his sleeves. If some of the others now told to leave showed the same approach then they wouldn't be looking elsewhere for employment. 

We need players with a work ethic similar to Bozanic to get us to safety this season!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That was very frustrating. Really irked me. 

On topic, Edwards is not a good player. 

He's extremely average at best. 

How some posters can say Edwards was a decent player for us and then say Djoum wasn't is beyond me. 

Edwards is a good pro and is having his best season ever, fair doos to the lad but he wouldn't get near a top 6 SPL side and that's were we want to be. 

We need a midfielder, bit not Edwards. 

Can't agree with this summation having only see him play 4 times for Hearts, but each to their own.

Jury was out for me, although I thought he had a great game in the 2019 final.

Levein should have known his capabilities mind you.

From how well he appears to be doing at Burton, he seems to have missed a trick yet again by letting him go.

Edited by Busby8

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Can't agree with this summation having only see him play 4 times for Hearts, but each to their own.

From how well he appears to be doing at Burton, he seems to have missed a trick yet again by letting him go.

He's playing well. 

Everytime I seen him he had a poor touch and often gave the ball away. 

Before us he got relegated with Patrick and tbh I couldn't have picked him out of a line up, he never stood out for them imo. 

He did try hard and he's playing well now, new team, manager, confidence? 

Imo he is not what we need. 

Bozanic does his role, we need a bit quality in the middle. 

O know it's desperate but fawning over every player that left is getting a bit tiresome, some had to go, they weren't very good. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's playing well. 

Everytime I seen him he had a poor touch and often gave the ball away. 

Before us he got relegated with Patrick and tbh I couldn't have picked him out of a line up, he never stood out for them imo. 

He

On the other hand, I thought he always played pretty well for us and was on an upward spiral having been given game time.

Different viewpoints I suppose, but even at the time I was disappointed that he was being released,  ( Edit ) especially when there were more deserving cases.

Edited by Busby8

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Busby8 said:

On the other hand, I thought he always played pretty well for us and was on an upward spiral having been given game time.

Different viewpoints I suppose, but even at the time I was disappointed that he was being released.

Yeah fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

CL struggles to know his own capabilities never mind anyone else’s . 
Id rather have Edwards than Whelan 

19 hours ago, H2 said:

Djoum was easily our best midfielder last season and still would be this year. 

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Djoum was easily our best midfielder last season and still would be this year. 

18 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Well if your opinion is fact, how could a mere mortal like me dispute your fantasy.

8 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Bozanic has shown the right attitude by rolling up his sleeves. If some of the others now told to leave showed the same approach then they wouldn't be looking elsewhere for employment. 

We need players with a work ethic similar to Bozanic to get us to safety this season!

Bozanic has always played the same way for us . Worth having in the team . Like everyone he sometimes plays better .

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2020 at 12:04, HMFC 86 said:

Really Andi?

Far better than what we got at the moment ie,damour langer etc...

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah I'd definitely have Edwards over Damour

Mental that Levein let him go, especially after scoring in a cup final

He has energy, like bosanic , but I don't think scoring in a cup final is a good reason to keep someone. 

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have never got rid of him. 

Energy and fight is what we need. 

Bad decision after bad decision. 

Totally this. This decision sums up the incompetence of the previous management

Spot on Dave however he started in the cup final which should have been reason to keep him ahead of say Bozanic who was deemed not good enough to start in the cup final?

1 minute ago, Salvatori5 said:

Spot on Dave however he started in the cup final which should have been reason to keep him ahead of say Bozanic who was deemed not good enough to start in the cup final?

Yeah, I kind of see them as similar.  However, he’s gone now so we move on. 

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:57, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He was under Craig Leveins minimum height requirement. 

More like he was too attack-minded for Levein. Never understood the point in signing him if he was going to be loaned out. He comes back in the January window, still doesn't get games then eventually with a few games left he gets a chance. As far as i'm concerned he took it and showed Levein he was worth a chance. Wonder what Levein was thinking when he scored in the Cup Final....."Not happy with him being so far up the pitch, he needs to defend more" …..probably. I'll say one thing about Edwards though, he didn't slate the club when he left and hoped it could've worked out better for him at Tynie. Apparently it was him that encouraged Boyce to come up here and play for Hearts. That's all I need to know about his character. Shame Levein let him down, but at the same time, unsurprising.

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He has energy, like bosanic , but I don't think scoring in a cup final is a good reason to keep someone. 

Given that he was out on loan after joining Hearts then recalled and thrown into the mix after the winter break, he still worked hard and scored in a cup final is worthy recognition.

He had a year left on his contract, but Levein thought it'd be better to throw 4 years at Damour... The agents involved wouldn't have made any money had Levein not signed Damour I suppose :whistling:

Folk need to calm down about Edwards.  He was a grafter, that's all. 

Watched him in the play off games against Livi before we signed him and he didn't stand out in either game. He scored a fairly lucky goal in a cup final, by being in the right place at the right time, credit to him for that, but that's about all he delivered.

He's in the same category as Damour, Bozanic and now Langer for me, not good enough.

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have never got rid of him. 

Energy and fight is what we need. 

Bad decision after bad decision. 

It's mental how many of these terrible Levein decisions we're having to live with now. Letting Edwards go - especially for free - was a terrible mistake and one I was quite unhappy with at the time. I had him in my "next season's starting 11" at the end of last season based on how well he'd played in those final half dozen or so games that he'd came in for. His work rate, pace and general attacking ability would serve us very well now and would fill a position we need filling. Good to see him doing well and even banging in a couple of goals down south though. Would have him back in a heartbeat if we could. 

Captain Canada

He's scored 6 and got 5 assists this season. I think he would have been an asset but only CL will know why he signed him, barely played him and let him go. 

23 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

Watched him in the play off games against Livi before we signed him and he didn't stand out in either game. He scored a fairly lucky goal in a cup final, by being in the right place at the right time, credit to him for that, but that's about all he delivered.

He's in the same category as Damour, Bozanic and now Langer for me, not good enough.

Nah he's not. He's ideal for the pressing game. Even Craig Levein realised this and that's why he started in the cup final.

1 hour ago, Jambo83 said:

People are perfectly calm, just showing a little frustration at another poor decision by Levein.

So you think he scored a lucky goal in the cup final!? In my opinion, being in the “right place at the right time” is pretty important for scoring goals, and we don’t have many midfielders who score many.

He did show effort in the games he played for us (only about 5) which made him a stand out in our team last season and I would have liked to see how he would have done this season. Instead, thanks to Craig Levein, we have had Whelan, Bozanic and Damour.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nah he's not. He's ideal for the pressing game. Even Craig Levein realised this and that's why he started in the cup final.

44 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

People are perfectly calm, just showing a little frustration at another poor decision by Levein.

So you think he scored a lucky goal in the cup final!? In my opinion, being in the “right place at the right time” is pretty important for scoring goals, and we don’t have many midfielders who score many.

He did show effort in the games he played for us (only about 5) which made him a stand out in our team last season and I would have liked to see how he would have done this season. Instead, thanks to Craig Levein, we have had Whelan, Bozanic and Damour.

One game, that's all i'm saying.  I've seen Bozanic play well in single games too.  I still don't rate him as a good enough player for Hearts with our current budget, that's my point.