Ryan Edwards

Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was a bit perplexed when we let him go in the summer, especially after the way he finished last season. 

He would fit this new system we're trying to play like a glove unfortunately..

4 hours ago, south morocco said:

Just another example of the shambles under Levien. Good to see him doing well.

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

Bizzare how he was treated. Loaned out, brought back, good enough to start a cup final, gave us those 10 minutes of hope at Hampden then was send on his way.

Just another example of CL's incomprehensible man management. He didn't get a sniff for most of the season then was allowed to leave for nothing (I believe) just when he was coming good, probably because he didn't want to stick around under Levein. He would have been a real asset just now.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HMFC 86

• gashauskis9

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He was under Craig Leveins minimum height requirement. 

You may have a point with this

It's strange Fabio Cannavaro and Messi would be under his minimum height requirement rule 

Edited by rudi must stay

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He was starting to do well with us.Guy hardly got a chance his energy and drive would be great just now not everyone needs to be technical great. 

All decent teams will have a couple of grafters who's job is to get into the faces of the opposition and stop them playing. In his first managerial spell with us Levein had Neil McFarlane so it's not as if he didn't know.

SpruceBringsteen

Another player to reach JKB mythical status. He was ****ing shit, and is now playing at a ****ing shit level. 

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Another player to reach JKB mythical status. He was ****ing shit, and is now playing at a ****ing shit level. 

I have been to around 60 league one games. Far better standard than your average SPL match.

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Would’ve slotted into Stendels style of play nicely.

Would’ve done more than Damour and Whelan combined.

Yet another colossal **** up by Levein. Signs him, doesn’t play, eventually plays him and he does well (scores in cup final), let’s him go!

******* idiot!

:spoton:

When he first signed for Hearts, Levein put him straight out on loan to

St. Midden, but didn't he say something out of line about Hearts, after St.Midden beat us, if my memory serves me right.

I think that's why fans didn't take to him, Levein certainly didn't think much of him.

But as most have said on here, he is the type of player, that we need, atm

If I’m not mistaken he was slated on here for being rank and should never have played for us in the first place. All of a sudden it’s CLs fault for not playing him/moving him on. Sums up jkb I’m afraid 

Parttimer1874
1 hour ago, Salvatori5 said:

I have been to around 60 league one games. Far better standard than your average SPL match.

Haha, absolute pish. I’ve been to several League One matches and they were dire. Same can be said for some Championship games tbh. The fact Ryan Edwards is excelling in League One tells you all you need to know. He is a very limited footballer. 

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Seems to be absolutely thriving away from us....

😒

Was looking forward to watching him at Hearts, never happened, strange signing.

He wasn’t great ability wise but he had great fitness and the right attitude. In a pressing team, he’d have been a really good team player to have at the moment. 

Edited by Cruyff

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Yup

26 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Haha, absolute pish. I’ve been to several League One matches and they were dire. Same can be said for some Championship games tbh. The fact Ryan Edwards is excelling in League One tells you all you need to know. He is a very limited footballer. 

Have you been to many non-Hearts SPL matches? That’s absolute pish.

When some outfit from Wales knocks Kilmarnock out of Europe that’s maybe a wake up call as to how sh**e this league is.

Edwards was a hard worker, nothing more. The fact he is doing well in league 1 to me suggests he is better than what we have just now.

Parttimer1874
16 minutes ago, Salvatori5 said:

Have you been to many non-Hearts SPL matches? That’s absolute pish.

When some outfit from Wales knocks Kilmarnock out of Europe that’s maybe a wake up call as to how sh**e this league is.

Edwards was a hard worker, nothing more. The fact he is doing well in league 1 to me suggests he is better than what we have just now.

That Killie result was a freak. I’m not having it that League One standard is much higher than Scottish Premiership matches. Hearts are dreadful at the moment but we would still beat Burton Albion ffs. 

Edwards was part of one of the worst Partick Thistle midfields in recent years. He’s a poor footballer. 

Edited by Parttimer1874

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

That Killie result was a freak. I’m not having it that League One standard is much higher than Scottish Premiership matches. Hearts are dreadful at the moment but we would still beat Burton Albion ffs. 

Edwards was part of one of the worst Partick Thistle midfields in recent years. He’s a poor footballer. 

😂 we couldn’t beat an egg pal Burton would skelp this Levein Legacy Hearts side 

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Seems to be absolutely thriving away from us....

😒

He is a donkey and an example of how far our standards fell under CL.

56 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He is a donkey and an example of how far our standards fell under CL.

Correct. The fact that he’d probably be more a useful donkey than quite a few of the other donkeys taking up valuable fodder & space within our stable at present doesn’t turn him from a donkey into a thoroughbred.

Captain America

Probably looking back more fondly than I should but I would take Edwards, Lee, Djoum over our current (fit) midfield options.

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Would’ve slotted into Stendels style of play nicely.

Would’ve done more than Damour and Whelan combined.

Yet another colossal **** up by Levein. Signs him, doesn’t play, eventually plays him and he does well (scores in cup final), let’s him go!

******* idiot!

!00% This.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2019 at 16:33, Baxfee said:

If I’m not mistaken he was slated on here for being rank and should never have played for us in the first place. All of a sudden it’s CLs fault for not playing him/moving him on. Sums up jkb I’m afraid 

Disagree totally. He hardly got an opportunity after being signed before being sent on loan. Comes back and still doesn’t get a chance till late in the season when he does well by putting in effort. Earns a cup final place and scores a goal before being punted at the season end. Instead we have suffered a midfield with others who have not shown the same level of effort 

Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Disagree totally. He hardly got an opportunity after being signed before being sent on loan. Comes back and still doesn’t get a chance till late in the season when he does well by putting in effort. Earns a cup final place and scores a goal before being punted at the season end. Instead we have suffered a midfield with others who have not shown the same level of effort 

This.  Similar to Vanacek, Levein signed him then immediately didn’t fancy him.  We didn’t even get a chance as fans to look at him except for pre season.  Don’t know what else the lad could have done. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Spot on. 

On 28/12/2019 at 11:22, GavK1012 said:

FFS, yeah Djoums energy, desire, application, assists and vital goals are sorely missed 😕😞

Edwards showed in his few appearances (always a backer of him) what he lacked re technical attributes he made up for in hunger and will to be a team player...

Was poorly treated by Levein and we let a decent one go unfortunately...

The Djoum lovers still exist 🙂 

He only  scored 13 goals in over 90 games, some of which were penalties It's a real shame he did not put in the effort to match his quality, he'd have scored an awful lot more. Interestingly the best of him was under Neilson. But it's nice to enjoy the good bits  - 

15 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Similar to Vanacek, Levein signed him then immediately didn’t fancy him.  We didn’t even get a chance as fans to look at him except for pre season.  Don’t know what else the lad could have done. 

I went up for our pre-season game at Arbroath.  The whole squad got a run-out that day and Edwards continued on from his cup-final performance and played quite well, in a poor Hearts team performance that day (0-2). 

Next thing Levein punts him.  A bizarre decision.

4 minutes ago, brux said:

He has scored 3 in 22

Including the cup, he’s scored 3 in the last 4.  Hence why I said ‘these days’.

As MP mentioned, he’d be our top goalscorer.  

16 minutes ago, H2 said:

The Djoum lovers still exist 🙂 

He only  scored 13 goals in over 90 games, some of which were penalties It's a real shame he did not put in the effort to match his quality, he'd have scored an awful lot more. Interestingly the best of him was under Neilson. But it's nice to enjoy the good bits  - 

Played out wide by Levein masterclass in isolating a good central attacking midfielder , coupled with a long injury didn’t help but like most players that have been at hearts since Neilson , underwhelming 

9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Can only hope he gets bought. Think we have a 25% sell on clause 

I assume this is the same with most players we gave away. Bjorn Jonnson for example?

Edited by Jammy T

On 28/12/2019 at 15:40, SpruceBringsteen said:

What I never understood is that he was apparently the fallback for Clare, but his playing style is absolutely nothing like Clare's...

You know, as pish as we've been, I still don't pine after a ghost like Arnaud Djoum. 

Let's have it right, he was a shitehawk if a player who didn't want to play fir the club.

34 minutes ago, Jee said:

You know, as pish as we've been, I still don't pine after a ghost like Arnaud Djoum. 

Let's have it right, he was a shitehawk if a player who didn't want to play fir the club.

Didn’t want to play for the club aye?  How many other players have played regularly for Hearts for 4 seasons in the last decade?  Over 130 appearances (for context, only 120 players have played over 150 games for us in our history).  I think he had every right to try something else without being called a shitehawk.  

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Didn’t want to play for the club aye?  How many other players have played regularly for Hearts for 4 seasons in the last decade?  Over 130 appearances (for context, only 120 players have played over 150 games for us in our history).  I think he had every right to try something else without being called a shitehawk.  

He slavered about moving on from the minute he got here.

Just now, Jee said:

Am with you  Jee  always going on aboot using us as a stepping stone blah blah french league Premiership blah blah blah heart of a mulranney

5 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Am with you  Jee  always going on aboot using us as a stepping stone blah blah french league Premiership blah blah blah heart of a mulranney

Imagine if he'd kissed the badge after scoring a goal?

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I assume this is the same with most players we gave away. Bjorn Jonnson for example?

Feck knows what has happened to him flying one season in Holland and now off to South Korea

54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Feck knows what has happened to him flying one season in Holland and now off to South Korea

Fair play - wasn’t aware.

1 hour ago, Jee said:

When he was on the pitch he gave everything and that’s all that matters to me.  I’ve no problem with players having ambitions to play at a higher level as long as they give it everything for their current employer.  Would rather that than have a player say they want to be here for their whole career, but shows no passion or desire for the shirt when it matters.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat.  

Scores a last minute winner tonight.

Good on him. I liked Edwards. Tremendous work ethic and we could have done with that in our midfield this season.

Wish him all the best. 

6 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Your statement is inaccurate ; Played for Hearts for less than 2 1/2, a fair time of that out injured.In that time he played 92 competitive games. For context 205 players, including Nade, McSwegan, Obua and Baubin made more appearances.

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/aaplayersbyapp.html 

check it out for yourself.

7 hours ago, H2 said:

Your statement is inaccurate ; Played for Hearts for less than 2 1/2, a fair time of that out injured.In that time he played 92 competitive games. For context 205 players, including Nade, McSwegan, Obua and Baubin made more appearances.

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/aaplayersbyapp.html 

check it out for yourself.

London Hearts hasn’t been updated since 2018 chief.  Djoum joined us in 2015 and left in 2019, they have his last game down as Feb 2018 (this missing an entire season of stats). 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arnaud-djoum/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/42539

I agree that he missed almost an entire season through injury, but you can’t hold that against the guy.  He’d have played over 150 games without those injuries.  

8 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

When he was on the pitch he gave everything and that’s all that matters to me.  I’ve no problem with players having ambitions to play at a higher level as long as they give it everything for their current employer.  Would rather that than have a player say they want to be here for their whole career, but shows no passion or desire for the shirt when it matters.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat.  

REALLY not how i saw him all about opinions i suppose i thought he was chicken hearted who hid every time the going got tough