Ryan Edwards

Tom Hardy’s Dug

17 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

One game, that's all i'm saying.  I've seen Bozanic play well in single games too.  I still don't rate him as a good enough player for Hearts with our current budget, that's my point.

For me I think he played well in most of the few games he played for us. He has a good engine, is prepared to work hard, and is willing to run into the opponents box to support the front men and attack the goal. He is a box to box midfielder. Others maybe have more skill/ability, but Hearts teams have always needed these sort of guys to allow the more skilful players flourish.

Really feel Edwards showed much more in his 5 games than Bozanic has done in a season and a half (39 odd games), but guess it’s water under the bridge.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HMFC 86

• gashauskis9

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

He's scored 6 and got 5 assists this season. I think he would have been an asset but only CL will know why he signed him, barely played him and let him go. 

Another mystery to add to Levein’s list.

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed it is. But it’s funny how folk are ready to point to Ryan Edwards’ form at League One Burton but are ready to disparage Whelan at League One Fleetwood (six games played, two draws followed up by four straight wins) on the basis that it’s a lower level than we are allegedly playing at.

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Indeed it is. But it’s funny how folk are ready to point to Ryan Edwards’ form at League One Burton but are ready to disparage Whelan at League One Fleetwood (six games played, two draws followed up by four straight wins) on the basis that it’s a lower level than we are allegedly playing at.

How many goals and assists does Whelan have?

6 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have never got rid of him. 

Energy and fight is what we need. 

Bad decision after bad decision. 

We should never of signed him. He is a example of the dross CL signed and signing players with his ability is the reason we are bottom of the league.

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How many goals and assists does Whelan have?

“Aye but I saw a guy down the park score 10 and provide 7 assists” blah, blah, blah

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

“Aye but I saw a guy down the park score 10 and provide 7 assists” blah, blah, blah

Struggled for an answer to a straight forward question I see....

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We should never of signed him. He is a example of the dross CL signed and signing players with his ability is the reason we are bottom of the league.

But CL did sign him....then almost immediately binned him without giving him a decent chance! 🥴

Niemi’s gloves
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Struggled for an answer to a straight forward question I see....

ok straight answer: no goals and I haven’t a scooby about assists (not necessarily a meaningful concept anyway). But Aston Villa paid £1m for Whelan on the back of just 5 goals in 291 games for Stoke City so clearly no-one signs him for his goals. Doesn’t change the fact that he seems to be doing well in a team that has moved sharply up the English League One table since he arrived there.

42 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Probably not but he could do a better job for us in a relegation battle than some of the players we currently have. 

You couldn't fault his energy, work rate or commitment. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Such a weird one. Signed after playing as a DM but touted as a possible AM. That versatility alone should have made him a better bet as a squad player than some of our other midfielders.

1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

Ryan Edwards, Jack Hamilton and Billy King would all improve our current 11- 

Strange but true

Jack Hamilton wouldn’t 

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

ok straight answer: no goals and I haven’t a scooby about assists (not necessarily a meaningful concept anyway). But Aston Villa paid £1m for Whelan on the back of just 5 goals in 291 games for Stoke City so clearly no-one signs him for his goals. Doesn’t change the fact that he seems to be doing well in a team that has moved sharply up the English League One table since he arrived there.

You were comparing Whelan to Edwards at their new Clubs.

My point was that unless you have watched Whelan play you have no idea if he is performing well apart from noting his team are winning.

Edwards on the other hand has seemingly scored 5 goals with 6 assists which would suggest his personal performances have been decent.

Whether he's good enough for where we want to be, I don't know

He'd certainly good enough for where we are and a better option than most of the players at our disposal in cm

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Jack Hamilton wouldn’t 

In no way would I take jack Hamilton back but he’s better than the 3 we have .. easily!

53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In no way would I take jack Hamilton back but he’s better than the 3 we have .. easily!

If we had Jack Hamilton back we would then have 4 sh1te keepers. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He has clearly got better the longer he's been away.

Loved him at the end of last season. What we have been screaming out for. With good coaching and development would like to think he could have been the next Paul Hartley.

Oh well...

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Whether he's good enough for where we want to be, I don't know

He'd certainly good enough for where we are and a better option than most of the players at our disposal in cm

This is the correct answer. 

Was an extremely strange signing by Levein in terms of how he used him it has to be said.

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, Costanza said:

This is the correct answer. 

Was an extremely strange signing by Levein in terms of how he used him it has to be said.

Wondered this a few times. In terms of recruitment, when and how we let some players go is as strange as ones we kept for so long. 

Bjorn Jonsson, Muirhead, Rossi, Edwards, Lee, Isma all didn't really need emptying when they were. They were all playing relatively well, apart from maybe Lee who lost his place but was also injured for a bit. Even Sammon was coming onto more of a game as a sub when we binned him.

Stendel to his credit seems to have a very good rationale for the players emptied.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wondered this a few times. In terms of recruitment, when and how we let some players go is as strange as ones we kept for so long. 

Bjorn Jonsson, Muirhead, Rossi, Edwards, Lee, Isma all didn't really need emptying when they were. They were all playing relatively well, apart from maybe Lee who lost his place but was also injured for a bit. Even Sammon was coming onto more of a game as a sub when we binned him.

Stendel to his credit seems to have a very good rationale for the players emptied.

Agree with all this until you get to the bit about Sammon!

For such a big athletic type he contributed hee haw to anything positive I witnessed.

The others all made decent contributions and looked like they had a bit of energy and desire as well as ability, certainly assets which would currently improve things.

Jack Hamilton being an improvement on the current goalkeepers absolutely but this only goes to highlight the current regression of things, 3 signed and not a a keeper among them.

We've been going backwards for 4 years!

16 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He was always a good player, total mystery to me why CL did not want him,we kept huddies and threw him out.

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

He was always a good player, total mystery to me why CL did not want him,we kept huddies and threw him out.

Just one of many weird decisions on signings and releases that Levein made. We sure as hell could be using him now for his energy and pressing. It was strange how he was frozen out without being given anything like the chances other players had, the fact that he battled his way back into the team only to get out of Tynecastle as soon as he could must say something about his relationship with Levein. 

Partick fans called him Duracell for obvious reasons.

51 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Just one of many weird decisions on signings and releases that Levein made. We sure as hell could be using him now for his energy and pressing. It was strange how he was frozen out without being given anything like the chances other players had, the fact that he battled his way back into the team only to get out of Tynecastle as soon as he could must say something about his relationship with Levein. 

Partick fans called him Duracell for obvious reasons.

Player of the year twice at Partick.

Bags of enthusiasm and energy. Looked an extremely fit lad. Don't think much of him as a footballer but he never got a fair crack at it, no question about that. 

12 hours ago, Phage said:

Loved him at the end of last season. What we have been screaming out for. With good coaching and development would like to think he could have been the next Paul Hartley.

Oh well...

What?? That is an absurd statement