• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HMFC 86

• gashauskis9

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

The_razors_edge
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Seems to be absolutely thriving away from us....

😒

Almost like he’s being well managed by someone who knows what he’s doing? 

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

Almost like he’s being well managed by someone who knows what he’s doing? 

And yet we should never have signed him ?

jack D and coke

Feels like a player we might’ve found a use for atm tbh. I’m not mysty eyed thinking he was great but he had energy and desire and right now we’re crying out for it. 

RustyRightPeg

Was a bit perplexed when we let him go in the summer, especially after the way he finished last season. 

He would fit this new system we're trying to play like a glove unfortunately..

Would’ve slotted into Stendels style of play nicely.

Would’ve done more than Damour and Whelan combined.

Yet another colossal **** up by Levein. Signs him, doesn’t play, eventually plays him and he does well (scores in cup final), let’s him go!

******* idiot!

Edited by iantjambo

Bizzare how he was treated. Loaned out, brought back, good enough to start a cup final, gave us those 10 minutes of hope at Hampden then was send on his way.

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was a bit perplexed when we let him go in the summer, especially after the way he finished last season. 

He would fit this new system we're trying to play like a glove unfortunately..

I queried the signing originally but was impressed when he played at the end of the season including the cup final. Moving him on the basis that we were well covered in mid-field was strange to say the least.

38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😒

Might have been given a chance ? But maybe hes happier out of it  .....

Picked for a start at the cup final ahead of Bozanic etc however Levein couldn’t wait to empty him. Utterly bizarre given he was our best player from Easter Road until the end of the season. However when CL doesn’t like you then ur days are numbered from the word go.

26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Djoum too

FFS, yeah Djoums energy, desire, application, assists and vital goals are sorely missed 😕😞

Edwards showed in his few appearances (always a backer of him) what he lacked re technical attributes he made up for in hunger and will to be a team player...

Was poorly treated by Levein and we let a decent one go unfortunately...

Ryan Edwards is shite and definitely not what we need. 

Bozanic, amongst others, run about and have energy but they bring zero quality to actually get us results. 

He was starting to do well with us.Guy hardly got a chance his energy and drive would be great just now not everyone needs to be technical great. 

Thought Police

Let’s not re-write history. He was universally written off by the majority of hearts fans. When he came on in the derby at Easter Road people couldn’t believe it, let alone when he started the cup final.

You aren’t all the experts you think you might be.

Ryan Edwards another baffling decision in amongst a host of baffling decisions in the last 3 years. Exactly what we've needed.

No wonder Djoum left having to play in a system which clearly didn't work!

Levein did similar with Danny Grainger at Dundee United.

Both players Edwards and Grainger definitely not world beaters but both good energy and 100% committed, and both scorers in cup finals for us. 

The wrong type of characters for our former boss- winners mentality , not required in Gorgie

Allowayjambo1874

Bizarre signing from start to finish, don’t think he let us down when he played.

Also showed real class when he left when he wrote a glowing heartfelt goodbye to the club and fans on Twitter.  

Borders Jambo
12 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Ryan Edwards another baffling decision in amongst a host of baffling decisions in the last 3 years. Exactly what we've needed.

No wonder Djoum left having to play in a system which clearly didn't work!

Levein did similar with Danny Grainger at Dundee United.

Both players Edwards and Grainger definitely not world beaters but both good energy and 100% committed, and both scorers in cup finals for us. 

The wrong type of characters for our former boss- winners mentality , not required in Gorgie

This.  He may have been limited technical wise but he always gave his all and caused problems for the opposition.

He was the same for Partick when he played for them and caused us problems at Tynecastle.

I liked him and preferred him by miles to the likes of Bozanic

13 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Let’s not re-write history. He was universally written off by the majority of hearts fans. When he came on in the derby at Easter Road people couldn’t believe it, let alone when he started the cup final.

When did “the majority of Hearts fans” write him off? He only played a few games before being shipped out. People hardly had a chance to form an opinion on him. The few comments I remember reading were fairly positive at the beginning of last season. And then when he re-appeared towards the end of last season he was like a breath of fresh air in our stagnant midfield.

I suspect the only people writing him off early last season were those scrambling to justify his going out on loan so soon after being signed. Probably the same contortionists who were desperate to explain to us exactly how CL’s handling of the Vanecek farce was, in fact, a masterstroke.

It was just another baffling signing by Levein. I mean, why even bother signing him? Sends him out on loan, asked for him back in January, not play him even after his return then when he eventually does, he puts himself about, shows a bit of determination and even scores in a Cup Final. His reward? Cheerio! Fair play to Edwards, never said a bad word when he left even though he'd probably be entitled to. Under-used but not bitter about it. Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😒

He would have been ideal for a high tempo pressing style. I could never quite understand why Levein signed him obviously not his type of player.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The boy isn't and wasn't good enough for us. 

Nice guy, tried hard but a poor player. 

Is he though? Seemed to be the general consensus on here when no one had seen him play but I haven't seen much evidence of it. 

Just now, Thought Police said:

I can't speak for others and no-one can speak for me.

He wasn't written off by me. I knew he had a bit of an engine about him and there were many games last season where him buzzing about the midfield may have made a bit of difference, and he showed it when he did get a chance. He was never going to be top notch but he showed more in his few appearances than plenty others who rarely got dropped, even though they should've been. He left with his head held high, nothing to prove.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is he though? Seemed to be the general consensus on here when no one had seen him play but I haven't seen much evidence of it. 

By that I mean he spoke well of us and tried when picked. 

Good attitude. 

In all honesty, He was pretty howling tho. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Djoum too

Funny you say that. Was thinking exactly the same thing the other day and how he would have fit into Stendels new system. Actually think it would have suited him to a tee 

2 hours ago, henry said:

He was what we needed, someone with energy & dynamism and able to close down quickly. Don’t think I he got a fair crack at Hearts. 

He got a bad dose of Levein Flu.

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The boy isn't and wasn't good enough for us. 

Nice guy, tried hard but a poor player. 

The first game at Tynecastle with the new stand open when we played Partick Thistle he was the best player on the park.

Let Edwards go whilst we had Bozanic then added Whelan and Damour , so 3 defensive midfielders and let go one who got beyond the forwards , sums up that boring ,dour ,stubborn ******* who  has left the footballing side in a shambles . 
Edwards might not have been the best but he’d have improved the midfield 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Totally bizarre from start to finish. Signs, loan, recall, ignore, eventually play, release. Levein's cluelessness in miniature.

Was he a strange signing I think yes was he given a fair chance no. That said I don’t think he was ever going to make it at Hearts . 

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Would’ve slotted into Stendels style of play nicely.

Would’ve done more than Damour and Whelan combined.

Yet another colossal **** up by Levein. Signs him, doesn’t play, eventually plays him and he does well (scores in cup final), let’s him go!

******* idiot!

This. 

Thought Police
3 hours ago, leginten said:

When did “the majority of Hearts fans” write him off? He only played a few games before being shipped out. People hardly had a chance to form an opinion on him. The few comments I remember reading were fairly positive at the beginning of last season. And then when he re-appeared towards the end of last season he was like a breath of fresh air in our stagnant midfield.

I suspect the only people writing him off early last season were those scrambling to justify his going out on loan so soon after being signed. Probably the same contortionists who were desperate to explain to us exactly how CL’s handling of the Vanecek farce was, in fact, a masterstroke.

There’s no doubt that when he was signed the reaction was “is a player from Partick Thistle really our level?” and then the mob were after him for liking the St Mirren goal against us on social media.