"Cats"... the movie

CF11JamTart

Had anyone on here seen it?

Thinking about taking 8 year old daughter to the pictures on NYD to see it.

All the reviews are absolutely honking. 

Just wondering if it's actually  THAT bad?

Edited by CF11JamTart
Typo

That's what I'm tempted to do. Junior might enjoy it. And it's a wee jaunt out.

I have, though,  been surprised at how the reviews have been mostly dire.

Oh well...

AlphonseCapone

Never not went to a movie I've fancied because some newspaper or website wank thinks a movie wasn't good. Critics are *****. 

The early reviews firvThe Greatest Showman were pish and it was ace. My kids love it. My Mrs will take them to Cats, sure they'll like it even if it's crap. Kids are essentially thick!

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The early reviews firvThe Greatest Showman were pish and it was ace. My kids love it. My Mrs will take them to Cats, sure they'll like it even if it's crap. Kids are essentially thick!

... and will often be entertained by any old crap.

2 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

... and will often be entertained by any old crap.

Aw mine watch arseholes playing Minecraft on YouTube! Whit!?

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aye and most never grow out of it! 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I was going to take my two to see Cats but then I seen the reviews so they went to see Jumanji 2 or whatever it’s called which was good. 

Thanks for the tip.

Carl Fredrickson

I go to see a heck of a lot of films regardless of the reviews. My daughter is wanting to see Cats so we will go at the weekend. Jumanji 2 is decent and we went to see Frozen 2 (again) last night (which is a very decent kids film)

Dont listen to what others say, as we have all got different tastes. As a parent I have learned to let the kids think I have enjoyed honking movies just to keep them happy. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it is as bad as the musical, which I had the misfortune to be dragged along to see a while back then best to stay well clear. 

Wtf is it all about anyway??????

I P Knightley
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If it is as bad as the musical, which I had the misfortune to be dragged along to see a while back then best to stay well clear. 

Wtf is it all about anyway??????

I saw the musical when I first came to London.

Some decent songs and some decent dancing (fit bursds in catsuits - what's not to like?). Absolutely no discernable plot, though. It is just a bunch of poems sewn together.

I ****ing hate musicals so always good when one gets hammered by the critics as it means there’s likely to be less of them.

By all accounts a lot of the CGI wasnt done it time to rush it out for Christmas. After the shit reviews the director was in working and they’ve released another edited version - virtually unheard of so it must be really shite. 

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Some decent songs and some decent dancing (fit bursds in catsuits - what's not to like?). Absolutely no discernable plot, though. It is just a bunch of poems sewn together.

Was going to post similar, I was dragged along to see the musical by Mrs F and didn't have a clue what was going on. Only redeeming feature was the cat like bursds.

Not on my santa list to see the movie.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Never not went to a movie I've fancied because some newspaper or website wank thinks a movie wasn't good. Critics are *****. 

Yup, just some full of shit person who thinks their opinion on everything is special, a bit like a few on here.

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Still not seen TGS, one day

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It has that erse Cordon in it so it's already chronic.

Don’t  fancy it, looks garbage, but you’ve now 100% made my mind up on never watching it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Maybe the fit bursts were a redeeming feature right enough especially when they were running up and down the isle. I knew if I looked at them too closely though I would get a slap from her next to me. :)

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe the fit bursts were a redeeming feature right enough especially when they were running up and down the isle. I knew if I looked at them too closely though I would get a slap from her next to me. :)

Is Rebel Wilson in a cat suit not your thing? 😬

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Is Rebel Wilson in a cat suit not your thing? 😬

Jeez! I imagine thre CGI team had to work overtime to cover up that W crotch :sick:

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Aw mine watch arseholes playing Minecraft on YouTube! Whit!?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Know where you are coming from mate

On 24/12/2019 at 14:08, Ray Gin said:

Can't think of many films that have been universally panned by critics that have turned out good tbh. 

Shawshank got terrible reviews IIRC

Rupert Pupkin

James Corden’s irritating voice, should be enough to put most folk off watching it. 

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

rudi must stay
On 23/12/2019 at 22:15, CF11JamTart said:

Had anyone on here seen it?

Thinking about taking 8 year old daughter to the pictures on NYD to see it.

All the reviews are absolutely honking. 

Just wondering if it's actually  THAT bad?

I hear it is yes 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

James Corden’s irritating voice, should be enough to put most folk off watching it. 

True

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Shawshank got terrible reviews IIRC

Famously had no advertising so people weren't interested. Then it turned out to be brilliant 

rudi must stay
On 24/12/2019 at 14:08, Ray Gin said:

Can't think of many films that have been universally panned by critics that have turned out good tbh. 

It's an acquired taste but I liked The Lone Ranger, infarct I'd maybe say it's one of my favourites. That was panned so it does happen rarely 

Don't think The Big Lebowski got great reviews at the time but it's regarded as the Coen's masterpiece now. Certainly in my gaff.