Ex-Manchester United man gets medical at Hearts (merged threads)

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/ExManchester-United-man-gets-medical.4238689.jp

Published Date: 01 July 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

FORMER Manchester United midfielder Richie Jones has undergone a medical with Hearts as the Edinburgh club close in on their first signing of the summer.

Jones, 21, appeared five times for the English Premier League champions prior to his release last month, and Hearts are now vying with Tranmere Rovers amongst others for his signature.

He has gone through a stringent medical examination and is keen on the prospect of moving to Scotland to revitalise his career. Coaching staff at Riccarton are currently awaiting medical results before pressing ahead with their attempts to sign the former England Under-19 internationalist.

With several first-team players close to leaving Tynecastle, Jones' arrival would be the first in the way of reinforcements for next season.

vegas-voss

Do yourself a favour son and sign for Tranmere.Hearts under this regime will only damage your career.

Boaby Ewing

Think he'll want to sign after Rima's jabbed her finger up his nipsy?

Ray Winstone

I feel sorry for him I really do.

Does he know what he has got himself into?

Do yourself a favour son and sign for Tranmere.Hearts under this regime will only damage your career.

I agree!

However we should have been signing this type of player years ago. Players not good enough for the Man U or other EPL's first team but good enough to be signed in the first place and having made a few appearance. Guys like Stokes, Murphy etc.

We picked up that gem Stewart ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I feel sorry for him I really do.

Does he know what he has got himself into?

I can only presume he doesn't.

Poor boy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If he passes the medical does he then have to spend 8 days in Lithuania?

I've decided this 8 day thing is like the hypnotist off Little Britain!

We need strikers though, so not too bothered about him.

If he does come, I hope he does not have the 'I played for Man Utd' attitude Stewarts has, and Hibee Brebner had.

Well if we do sign him, it would be positive considering he's been rated at a big club and it's a British player, he wouldn't need six months to settle in.

We don't need another regular midfielder, we should be going for an attacking midfielder but I'm guessing it might be a straight replacement for Stewart.

But surely he must be a Vlad signing given that we don't have a manager right now and as such he must therefore be guaranteed to play every week?

That's how it works, doesn't it?

Gigolo-Aunt

Who is it at the club that wants him?

AK?

Angel?

A name on a list from Frail?

el_jambo74

A central midfielder has to be one of the lowest priorities at the club. We have Kingston, Aguiar, Johnsson, Stewart and McGowan. What about a striker? Wide midfielder? and more importantly FULL BACKS!!!

kannymann1

Jones reads as a very reasonable player (wikipedia). He's rated highly by Owen Coyle and had a pretty useful career as a younger player (he's only 21 now!). I could think of 101 other clubs who could use him..........anybody know why he's interested in coming to Hearts??

Maybe someone should look up Football Manager 2008 and see if he's any good. If he's good, that's probably why we want him.

Maybe someone should look up Football Manager 2008 and see if he's any good. If he's good, that's probably why we want him.

Must have at least 3 stars in Vlad's black file ;)

Who is it at the club that wants him?

AK?

Angel?

A name on a list from Frail?

Yep - this isnt a "no manager" dig from me. Just a valid question

Who is it at Hearts that has selected this target? Who has seen him play? Who has done the leg work confirming this guy would be a good addition?

Genuine questions

Surely to god he's done some reading up on Hearts?

Maybe he just fancies a decent wage for nothing?

Ryan Gosling

FM08 :P seems to think he's a ball-winning player, dives into tackles, protects the back 4.

Winston Ingram

Would be a bigger surprise if he was an older player, to be honest. Given his age, John Murray will know him from youth levels, I'm sure.

Perfectly normal for managerless clubs to sign a youth player which, in effect, he is. And from his point of view, Hearts and Tranmere is a no-brainer, even amid our current bother.

Probably known to Stewart given the length of time he was at Old Trafford, so they will have spoken too.

just been on the edinburgh evening news website it says that richie jones from man.utd is undergoing a medical right now any thoughts

Hearts of Vladland
just been on the edinburgh evening news website it says that richie jones from man.utd is undergoing a medical right now any thoughts

Are you from Peebles

siegementality

You're off your head Ritchie.

peebles jambo
Are you from Pebbles

hey, that's a bit harsh:p

plus it's ****ing PEEBLES

Hearts of Vladland
hey, that's a bit harsh:p

plus it's ****ing PEEBLES

I know it was a typing mistake :(

Guest Maroon Carpet

Didn't score any goals with Man Utd seemingly.

He has been at 5 clubs since 2005 and that includes Man Utd, and out of the 25 appearances he has only scored 2 goals with Royal Antwerp on loan in 2005-2006 season.

Does this sound the quailty we are looking for, I think not.

Gigolo-Aunt

Good job he is not a striker then..........

ToadKiller Dog

Away with your negative pish away you and watch Tranmere next season.

3 jokes that have done their time on kickback........

1. Peebles

2. Greggs

3. Fax machines

:banghead2:

Hearts of Vladland
3 jokes that have done their time on kickback........

1. Peebles

2. Greggs

3. Fax machines

:banghead2:

What about :hobofish:

He has been at 5 clubs since 2005 and that includes Man Utd, and out of the 25 appearances he has only scored 2 goals with Royal Antwerp on loan in 2005-2006 season.

Does this sound the quailty we are looking for, I think not.

Mate who's a big Man Utd fan and follows them round the country says the boy is OK but no better than Mickey Stewart.

So a reasonable signing if we get him, but no more than that.

The Puppeteer
What about :hobofish:

You mean that's actually a joke? I thought all the cool people just used as some sort of signature...

Toxteth O'Grady
Mate who's a big Man Utd fan and follows them round the country says the boy is OK but no better than Mickey Stewart.

Don't want him then:mad:

Hearts of Vladland
You mean that's actually a joke? I thought all the cool people just used as some sort of signature...

A thought it was a joke don't know.:confused::sad:

IF it's true and he's having a medical, I wonder what we've told him about the manager situation?

I can't imagine any self respecting footballer signing for a club with no manager in place. How would you be able to judge whether you tought the style of football to be played would suit you etc.

ToadKiller Dog

Is that the temperamental good young prospect michael stewart of man utd or the temperamental stuck old michael stewart of hearts he is talkng about?

IF it's true and he's having a medical, I wonder what we've told him about the manager situation?

I can't imagine any self respecting footballer signing for a club with no manager in place. How would you be able to judge whether you tought the style of football to be played would suit you etc.

I admire your blissful naivety...really i do....but its the numbers on the contract that matter to football players I'm afraid.

If there's enough Zero's on the contract they'd play for Peter Sutcliffe...or even Vlad

I admire your blissful naivety...really i do....but its the numbers on the contract that matter to football players I'm afraid.

If there's enough Zero's on the contract they'd play for Peter Sutcliffe...or even Vlad

Somehow doubt that and if you read carefully, I did say "self respecting"

As for blissful niavety, that disappeared many many years ago.

Ta ta....

The Puppeteer
A thought it was a joke don't know.:confused::sad:

Sarcasm HoV - I'm sure people mean it as a joke although it's used so much that it might as well be some folks signatures...

OH GREAT!! another defensive midfielder that we SO need!! We've got enough of them already in Palazuelos, Aguiar, Stewart and Jonsson, it's an attacking midfielder we need, along with a dominant centre-half, new left-back and right-back, goalie and two strikers! What a complete load of pish!

robin hood jambo

Apparantly were in competion with Tranmere for him

I'd join Tranmere right now if i was him.

we couldnt attract Dorrans from Livi becos of the circus that is our club we now seem to going for player from further away who will be swayed by valds PR, but will find a completley different reality.

Archived