• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Hearts007

• busby1985

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jack D and coke

Really harsh criticism of Jamie for me. I’m not saying he’s a world beater, he wouldn’t be here otherwise but he’s one player in our squad who will get us some goals if he can get his fitness back. He’s not long back from a broken leg ffs and has taken another knock yet still the blows rain down on him. I always feel he doesn’t get much protection either and seems to get kicked up and down and place and generally fouled like ****. I don’t see many other players getting fouled as badly as Jamie does, really frustrates me. I don’t know if it’s just me that seems to notice too. 
It’s all about opinions I guess. 

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Really harsh criticism of Jamie for me. I’m not saying he’s a world beater, he wouldn’t be here otherwise but he’s one player in our squad who will get us some goals if he can get his fitness back. He’s not long back from a broken leg ffs and has taken another knock yet still the blows rain down on him. I always feel he doesn’t get much protection either and seems to get kicked up and down and place and generally fouled like ****. I don’t see many other players getting fouled as badly as Jamie does, really frustrates me. I don’t know if it’s just me that seems to notice too. 
It’s all about opinions I guess. 

I agree with much of this, however it is time Jamie stepped up to the mark. He has been almost  anonymous in most of the games he's played in since he's returned here.  We know he can play and be a match winner. It's just that he seems to have lost a bit of panache. Time he found it, because at this point in time we need that.

Edited by Deevers

Ernie Eskilsson

We have players that are too old and too slow and we have players that simply aren’t good enough, Jamie is neither and has worked hard in every game I’ve seen him this season. He’s one of our few good footballers. Give him a break FFS...

3 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

We have players that are too old and too slow and we have players that simply aren’t good enough, Jamie is neither and has worked hard in every game I’ve seen him this season. He’s one of our few good footballers. Give him a break FFS...

Jamie epitomises these. 

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not involved again? Injured or found out in training?

Injured at ibrox and played until Saturday 

From what I heard 

Edited by jambocub

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Injured at ibrox and played until Saturday 

From what I heard 

Cheers mate. A match winner on his day, so lets see how it goes.

• 5 weeks later...
RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

So Is he nearly back? and is it worth keeping him? never been consistant enough imo

got 15 minutes on Saturday and did okay. I think Daniel will get more out of him than anyone’s been capable of if I’m honest. Jamie himself knows it’s make or break this time round at hearts and I think he has a point to prove.  

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

So Is he nearly back? and is it worth keeping him? never been consistant enough imo

Nope nowhere near being back. It was his brother that came on with 15 minutes to go on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Nope nowhere near being back. It was his brother that came on with 15 minutes to go on Saturday.

I know he came on i was there i meant as i regular starter

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

got 15 minutes on Saturday and did okay. I think Daniel will get more out of him than anyone’s been capable of if I’m honest. Jamie himself knows it’s make or break this time round at hearts and I think he has a point to prove.  

We shall see

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Needs to take the next chance he gets imo because there's a shit load of competition for his place now. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Needs to take the next chance he gets imo because there's a shit load of competition for his place now. 

yep

He's 26 years old now. Should be mature enough to know what he needs to do to get a reguar first team place.

He's got a lot to prove to the fans as he was hopless for about a year before he left us. He was never good enough to go down to England and wanst suprised at all to see him back up here within a year. In fact I predicted it before he left although I guessed he would end up at somewhere like Motherwell.

I personally dont think he has it in him to make it here at Hearts especially since we are fighting a hard relegation battle. He has always been a luxury player however I would love him to prove me wrong.

Edited by Lambo85

Jamboscanbevicius
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I agree that he needs to take his chance. But we've only signed Avdijaj, and both Wighton and Mulraney are no longer in contention.

Admittedly we have a few back from injury and a couple of kids back from their loans.

I think it's more about him taking his chance to convince DS that he has the tenacity and drive to play in his system. I hope he can but I am not sure!

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He's 26 years old now. Should be mature enough to know what he needs to do to get a reguar first team place.

He's got a lot to prove to the fans as he was hopless for about a year before he left us. He was never good enough to go down to England and wanst suprised at all to see him back up here within a year. In fact I predicted it before he left although I guessed he would end up at somewhere like Motherwell.

I personally dont think he has it in him to make it here at Hearts especially since we are fighting a hard relegation battle. He has always been a luxury player however I would love him to prove me wrong.

my thoughts too

Just now, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I agree that he needs to take his chance. But we've only signed Avdijaj, and both Wighton and Mulraney are no longer in contention.

Admittedly we have a few back from injury and a couple of kids back from their loans.

I think it's more about him taking his chance to convince DS that he has the tenacity and drive to play in his system. I hope he can but I am not sure!

Aye the young lads are stepping up and Meshino has come onto a game. Still a good impact sub or stand in but defo needs to perform when he gets a chance if he wants to be first XI. 

We know what he's capable of at his best. Still a good player. 

On 21/12/2019 at 15:39, The Comedian said:

He should never have been brought back. Too injury prone and a let down of a player and low energy. I'd 100% move him on.

Nope he is a class player and knows how to score goals 

Don’t buy this negativity with JW 

Thought Police
4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

And he last showed that when? Berra has showed better form more recently.

If he knows what if takes then he might consider pushing himself to the point where he doesn't look like he needs an oxygen tent after 15 minutes running about.    I've seen more energy in marathon runners crossing the finishing line.    Shape up or move on.

I would love to see him back to his very best but I don't know if it will ever happen. He lacks pace which I think Stendel wants in his attacking players. 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If he knows what if takes then he might consider pushing himself to the point where he doesn't look like he needs an oxygen tent after 15 minutes running about.    I've seen more energy in marathon runners crossing the finishing line.    Shape up or move on.

This. He ran 20 yards to close down the ball on Saturday and then spent a couple of minutes fiddling about with his shinguards in the centre circle to get his breath back !!

jamboinglasgow

Do some players suffer because their general body language suggests they are trying even when they are? I feel Walker is one of these kinds of players.

But I think not having the spotlight of him when getting back to full match fitness will help.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Needs the fitness to match the talent.

Feel he is going to have improve quickly on the former to ensure the latter keeps him in and around, or he will be next for das chop

53 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He broke his leg in September.

Give him a bit time to get fit then judge; I thought he was looking good before the injury

To be fair to Walker he was playing quite well, showing drive, commitment and hard work when he broke his leg. He does work harder than he is given credit for imo

52 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He was never good enough to go down to England and wanst suprised at all to see him back up here within a year.

Templeton, Edwards, Crawford, Reilly, Cummings, etc can all make it down south there was no reason why Walker couldn't.   There was a reason Rangers were after him.  If he can get back to that level he'd easily be good enough.

It should have been ten
46 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

:qqb006:

Jamie Walker hasn't been fully fit since he was 20. He himself said that, and I believe a fully fit JW would walk straight into any spl team celtic aside. 

Give the guy time and a chance ffs

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Jamie Walker hasn't been fully fit since he was 20. He himself said that, and I believe a fully fit JW would walk straight into any spl team celtic aside. 

:laugh:

SuperstarSteve

With Clare coming on to a game the fans need someone to moan about and walker will be that selected individual.

Ability has always been clear as day and hopefully he proves any doubters wrong before they start putting the boot in. 

Captain Canada

I've seen glimpses of what I'd expect from him since he came back, but if he's not 100% fit, that's all we're going to get - the odd good goal and tracking back to help out like he did when he got injured vs Motherwell. 

Until he's properly fit I think he'll have to settle for a place on the bench. We need every player in every game to be on it from the first whistle. 

22 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

😄

Pasquale for King

He firstly needs to get fully fit and stay that way, he will be given a chance and needs to take it. He has always had a goal in him so playing further forward under Stendel with a team pressing and playing on the front foot will help him no end.

I suspect he won't fit into Stendels plans but he has a chance to prove himself. It's whether or not he will/can take it.

I have my doubts but happy if he proves me wrong as a fully fit and driven Walker is definitely an asset to the team

Surely a young man in his mid 20s can work on his basic cardiovascular / aerobic performance.     All it requires is a bit of self starter motivation.

Cheerio Jamie.

Thought Police
52 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

When is appropriate to write him off? 7 years? 9 years of not being fit?

He needs to visit the same sports psychologist as Clare.

Walkers issues are all in his head and have been since he was a boy.  If Stendel can get his head sorted, he can be unplayable but it's a very big If.

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Funnily enough Walker had possibly his best game for us under Cathro v Rangers.

Just goes to show....

I think that was his last decent performance for us.