Jamie Walker

Ted Hastings

He certainly wasn't missed, since coming back its been a reminder why so many weren't fussed to see the back of him. Agree with others, his work rate would need to treble to fit in with Stendels style. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Hearts007

• busby1985

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jamie was asked by a mate of mine In Prestonpans (where JW lives) how he would feel about Roy Keane being our next manager a few weeks ago (when Keane was one of the names being bandied about for the managers position).

He said “I hope not, he will train us too hard”.

That says everything for me!

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Jamie was asked by a mate of mine In Prestonpans (where JW lives) how he would feel about Roy Keane being our next manager a few weeks ago (when Keane was one of the names being bandied about for the managers position).

He said “I hope not, he will train us too hard”.

That says everything for me!

Sure he stays in tranent

18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Defo something in the air down pans way, Jamie has a great sense of humour and sold you for one a beauty.

Does that comment tie in with what you see on the pitch?

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Am happy with his commitment yes, others may disagree but hey ho, hopefully goals will come.

See thats the thing. We all WANT JW to do well and play like we know he can. His ability is not in any doubt. Just wish he would at least LOOK motivated.

That said, who's had much reason at Hearts to be motivated before Stendel signed?

Has he had a good game since he returned? I’m sure he probably has but I can’t remember? He’s not alone in that so I’m not just picking him out. 

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Has he had a good game since he returned? I’m sure he probably has but I can’t remember? He’s not alone in that so I’m not just picking him out. 

He got injured tackling someone v Motherwell and that seemed to be enough for some. He lacks effort, drive and isn't fit enough to be a regular for a high pressing side. He should be playing his arse off since Hearts have given him a second chance, yet he's done nothing to repay the club since coming back.

I don't think he will be here next season under Stendel. Expect him to be at Dundee or ICT.

He was one of few Hearts players that won a tackle against St Johnstone. Full hearted one too. 

This clean slate isn’t lasting very long.

Maybe Stendel will get the best out of him. 

He is a talented player but will need to up his work rate and his confidence looks low. 

Also think playing along with Naismith would help him if we ever get them fit at the same time. 😏

He is the type of player who could score that thing called a goal out of the blue though. 

Walker's only at Hearts because he failed down south and (as far as i'm aware) no-one else wanted to sign him, no-one of note anyway. To me he looks dis-interested, a couple of decent moves in a game then the head goes down. Walker is an attacking player and if Stendel can't get the best out of him for the style he wants to play then it's Championship football for Jamie Walker for the rest of his career. He should've been established as an International now at his age. It's up to him. Shape up or ship out.

Why are people so desperate for this to fail for Walker. Same folk that want Clare to fail and Damour etx etx. Walker has came in, been injured and had to deal with the mess that’s been clearly going on in the back ground. If Stendel doesn’t like his attitude then he’ll not play, it’s as simple as that with Stendel. Walker, fully fit and firing walks into the Hearts side. A fully fit and firing Clare walks into this hearts side as well. I hated Levein and still feel very bitter towards the state the clubs is in due to him but I won’t be holding anything over the current players now the slate has been wiped clean. Stendel has been here for 10 days. Probably 5 full training days in that time, recovery days etc etc and days off. The difference in the set up is clear to see. Plenty to work on and fix in both games but loads and loads to build on. Give Walker a break and the opportunity to get up to speed with the new way. 

PhoenixHearts
32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Why are people so desperate for this to fail for Walker. Same folk that want Clare to fail and Damour etx etx. Walker has came in, been injured and had to deal with the mess that’s been clearly going on in the back ground. If Stendel doesn’t like his attitude then he’ll not play, it’s as simple as that with Stendel. Walker, fully fit and firing walks into the Hearts side. A fully fit and firing Clare walks into this hearts side as well. I hated Levein and still feel very bitter towards the state the clubs is in due to him but I won’t be holding anything over the current players now the slate has been wiped clean. Stendel has been here for 10 days. Probably 5 full training days in that time, recovery days etc etc and days off. The difference in the set up is clear to see. Plenty to work on and fix in both games but loads and loads to build on. Give Walker a break and the opportunity to get up to speed with the new way. 

Not necessarily true, as I want both Clare and Damour to succeed. I don't want Walker to fail, but I expect him to, all of his own doing.

He's shown us nothing in terms of the right attitude and I have almost no confidence that he can ever be anything than a bit part player with flashes of brilliance once in a blue moon. I just don't think the mentality or the hunger is there anymore.

As another poster said earlier, with all his skill and talent, he should be a regular Scotland cap by now and playing in a better league. But he isn't, because he simply doesn't have the drive.

Look at John McGinn. Not exactly what many people would call a "football player", but he's got himself a good move playing in the premier league and seemingly one of the first names for Scotland now. It pisses me off because we all know how much ability Walker has. He'd piss all over McGinn if he had even half of his ambition or determination.

Could it be a symptom of our club's apparent "confidence vacuum"? Possibly, but I'm inclined to say no, because Hickey seems to be doing just fine. His spirit doesn't seem broken.

This is all on Jamie.

I want him to turn it round and prove me and all his doubters wrong. I just won't hold my breath too long.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

ScandinavianJambo
50 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Refreshing!

18 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not necessarily true, as I want both Clare and Damour to succeed. I don't want Walker to fail, but I expect him to, all of his own doing.

He's shown us nothing in terms of the right attitude and I have almost no confidence that he can ever be anything than a bit part player with flashes of brilliance once in a blue moon. I just don't think the mentality or the hunger is there anymore.

As another poster said earlier, with all his skill and talent, he should be a regular Scotland cap by now and playing in a better league. But he isn't, because he simply doesn't have the drive.

Look at John McGinn. Not exactly what many people would call a "football player", but he's got himself a good move playing in the premier league and seemingly one of the first names for Scotland now. It pisses me off because we all know how much ability Walker has. He'd piss all over McGinn if he had even half of his ambition or determination.

Could it be a symptom of our club's apparent "confidence vacuum"? Possibly, but I'm inclined to say no, because Hickey seems to be doing just fine. His spirit doesn't seem broken.

This is all on Jamie.

I want him to turn it round and prove me and all his doubters wrong. I just won't hold my breath too long.

Jamie Walker isn’t the first and wont be the last player to try his hand down south and fail. Some of our biggest hero’s, Robbo, Rudi, Hartley have all “failed” down south. All have struggled under poor managers as well. Stendel is infectious and people have only two options with him, buy into it or leave. If walker has the attitude problem many claim he does, he’ll leave. From what I know about walker, he doesn’t have an attitude problem, is well liked in the dressing room. Give the boy a chance to get up to speed with Stendel. 

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Jamie Walker isn’t the first and wont be the last player to try his hand down south and fail. Some of our biggest hero’s, Robbo, Rudi, Hartley have all “failed” down south. All have struggled under poor managers as well. Stendel is infectious and people have only two options with him, buy into it or leave. If walker has the attitude problem many claim he does, he’ll leave. From what I know about walker, he doesn’t have an attitude problem, is well liked in the dressing room. Give the boy a chance to get up to speed with Stendel. 

Did Hartley fail down south? Skacel was no superstar for Southampton, but he wasn’t what I’d deem a failure either.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Did Hartley fail down south? Skacel was no superstar for Southampton, but he wasn’t what I’d deem a failure either.

They wouldn’t have been back at Hearts if they’d been “successful” if you get me. People want to beat Walker with that stick cause he has come back up the road. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last to go down south and then prefer back home. Unfair yard stick to measure him with. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Some folk, and we have more than our fair share on here, have to have something to moan about so they get into the mindset of hoping things go wrong just so they are in their element and comfort zone. Quite sad but life nowadays it seems 

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

They wouldn’t have been back at Hearts if they’d been “successful” if you get me. People want to beat Walker with that stick cause he has come back up the road. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last to go down south and then prefer back home. Unfair yard stick to measure him with. 

To be clear, my opinion of Walker's drive and mentality isn't anything to do with him coming back or failing down south. It's all just based on what I've seen from him on the field. The season before he left and again now that he's back.

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

McCann? 

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing to do with him being unable to get a game for Wigan nor Peterborough, that I didn’t want him back. It was his inability to perform on the park for Hearts that did it for me. His carry on with Sevco didn’t help either, but that could have been forgiven if he’d been busting a gut for Hearts at the time.

Hartley never returned to Hearts after he went down south for the second time.

Skacel didn’t do that badly at Southampton when he left us, despite playing as a fullback/wingback for a good part of the time. He’d also already been on the books of some good clubs before coming to us the first time.

Walker came through our ranks and did well when he was younger. Injuries will have played a part, but towards the end of his first spell he was a massive disappointment every time we needed someone to create for us. When that coincides with his hooring himself to Sevco, it’s hard to forgive. Wouldn’t have given him a second chance myself, but seeing as he got one, I’d be expecting him to be crawling off the pitch dripping in sweat after every match.

Cant compare him to Skacel nor Hartley imo.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McCann? 

McCann did a lot better down South than Walker did too, if I remember correctly. 

That’s not the point though. It’s not that he failed down south that people are disgruntled with him anyway. Never heard anyone say that’s the reason they’re not keen on him in real life.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nothing to do with him being unable to get a game for Wigan nor Southampton, that I didn’t want him back. It was his inability to perform on the park for Hearts that did it for me. His carry on with Sevco didn’t help either, but that could have been forgiven if he’d been busting a gut for Hearts at the time.

Hartley never returned to Hearts after he went down south for the second time.

Skacel didn’t do that badly at Southampton when he left us, despite playing as a fullback/wingback for a good part of the time. He’d also already been on the books of some good clubs before coming to us the first time.

Walker came through our ranks and did well when he was younger. Injuries will have played a part, but towards the end of his first spell he was a massive disappointment every time we needed someone to create for us. When that coincides with his hooring himself to Sevco, it’s hard to forgive. Wouldn’t have given him a second chance myself, but seeing as he got one, I’d be expecting him to be crawling off the pitch dripping in sweat after every match.

Cant compare him to Skacel nor Hartley imo.

Am not saying any of what you’ve said above isn’t true. I think under Stendel he has an amazing opportunity to play in a side that plays the way that many of us think suits him. On his day, he is a quality player. Some folk seem desperate for him to fail tho. I thought he was a bell the way he left and tried to move to rangers, I also thought his behaviour on the park was disgusting during that period. Since then tho, we’ve heard the horror stories about cathro’s reign and I don’t think many would blame him for wanting away. Could he have acted better, of course but he’s a daft wee laddie. I think he’ll do great under Stendel and for that, I am willing to let the rest slide, as a fit and at walker benefits us. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Am not saying any of what you’ve said above isn’t true. I think under Stendel he has an amazing opportunity to play in a side that plays the way that many of us think suits him. On his day, he is a quality player. Some folk seem desperate for him to fail tho. I thought he was a bell the way he left and tried to move to rangers, I also thought his behaviour on the park was disgusting during that period. Since then tho, we’ve heard the horror stories about cathro’s reign and I don’t think many would blame him for wanting away. Could he have acted better, of course but he’s a daft wee laddie. I think he’ll do great under Stendel and for that, I am willing to let the rest slide, as a fit and at walker benefits us. 

Hope he does too. He owes to Hearts and to himself.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hope he does too. He owes to Hearts and to himself.

Yeah that’s also something probably missed. Jamie himself will probably realise the opportunities he’s missed due to injuries, attitude etc. Hopefully Stendel sorts him. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McCann? 

Sorry, you were saying “McCann”, because I put Southampton rather than Peterborough, weren’t you? I’ve corrected that now. 👍

Just now, busby1985 said:

Yeah that’s also something probably missed. Jamie himself will probably realise the opportunities he’s missed due to injuries, attitude etc. Hopefully Stendel sorts him. 

Hope so. I’ll not be betting on it, but it would be absolutely fantastic if he did. 👍

willie wallace

I would still have Walker in the team but after being replaced by Damour against St.Johnstone  I am not sure he will be.

He was the only player on the park who had any sort of efforts at goal and with 10mins.to go needing an equaliser he is replaced by the most unlikely player in the squad to save the day for us.

Probably the strangest substitution in a long time

4 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I would still have Walker in the team but after being replaced by Damour against St.Johnstone  I am not sure he will be.

He was the only player on the park who had any sort of efforts at goal and with 10mins.to go needing an equaliser he is replaced by the most unlikely player in the squad to save the day for us.

Probably the strangest substitution in a long time

And yet, then Damour went in to play well v Celtic. 🤷‍♂️

I would like to see walker playing where bozanic started on wednesday.  Almost as a support front man.   For me he has been too deep at times latly and getting sucked into a midfield battle.   I want walker on the ball around the box, not the halfway line with lots of bodies around him.

We need to start playing to our strengths and right now that for me is uche with walker behind.    Mulraney and meshino wide.        Naismith and washington would take 2 of they places when back.

If walker then needs time on bench when full squad available then so be it but a much better option off the bench than we have had available all season.   

It should have been ten
23 hours ago, Taffin said:

I reckon he's been Stendel'd. Ie the manager has clocked that he's awful straight away

:spoton:

On 19/12/2019 at 18:01, Gary Locke said:

Hurt his knee against rangers apparently played through the pain barrier against st Johnstone while making it worse... not sure how long he will be out for hopefully not serious 

I heard that too!

I seriously think the reason most of our players get injured so easily is lack of fitness. I'm hoping Stendel will instil the importance of players being fit and, of course, less injuries because of it. 

We are performing terribly this year and Stendel has inherited a gargantuan task. As long as we avoid relegation, I don't care.

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sorry, you were saying “McCann”, because I put Southampton rather than Peterborough, weren’t you? I’ve corrected that now. 👍

No, was just thinking of players that had returned to us after going down south. McCann went via Govan  of course. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, was just thinking of players that had returned to us after going down south. McCann went via Govan  of course. 

Ah, okay. What I first thought. Bannon going a bit further back too. 👍

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Thought JW would really have kicked in but I think he struggles to be a leader when the chips are down. He is better if others around him play better and he hasn’t had that

Certainly not saying that’s the right attitude but just my own impression 

No doubting he has talent and really want him to kick on but his confidence and work rate needs to change in order for him to do so 

pettigrewsstylist

I would like walker to play the no. 10 role away from home and get some shots on target. If Uche can win some ball and JW can feed on seconds.

Its as good as any other options i reckn. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Thought JW would really have kicked in but I think he struggles to be a leader when the chips are down. He is better if others around him play better and he hasn’t had that

Certainly not saying that’s the right attitude but just my own impression 

No doubting he has talent and really want him to kick on but his confidence and work rate needs to change in order for him to do so 

Yup chicken hearted and not a player to turn a game around but when its all going well he shines.