Jamie Walker

Ted Hastings

What was the script with him being totally omitted from the match day squad yesterday? Injury, suspension or dropped?

Was surprised when Stendel subbed him off in the st. Johnstone game as he was one of only players who looked like creating something for us so assumed he maybe took a knock?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Hearts007

• busby1985

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully just some good man management from Stendel and he’s just giving him a kick up the arse by canning him from the squad.

More likely to be injured though.

Possibly illness? Given he did some of the pre-game media and there has been no confirmation from Hearts that he is injured.

Without any knowledge whatsoever, I could say with almost 100% certainty that he is injured.

I wonder how many of our current squad haven't been injured!

13 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Without any knowledge whatsoever, I could say with almost 100% certainty that he is injured.

I wonder how many of our current squad haven't been injured!

Ever?  None I imagine. 

Thought Police

I sometimes wonder what the reaction would have been if we signed a guy who hadn't played in a year and a half because of dodgy knees in League One, and his name wasn't Jamie Walker.

But then again, we have signed similarly injury prone players.

30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Someone posted before the match that he was injured.

Cheers, that was always the most likely of the reasons, another one who will likely spend as much time on the treatment table as he will on the pitch. Never seen a run of injuries like this in terms of first team players. 

Hurt his knee against rangers apparently played through the pain barrier against st Johnstone while making it worse... not sure how long he will be out for hopefully not serious 

1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

What was the script with him being totally omitted from the match day squad yesterday? Injury, suspension or dropped?

Was surprised when Stendel subbed him off in the st. Johnstone game as he was one of only players who looked like creating something for us so assumed he maybe took a knock?

Maybe down to him not being very good since he returned from injury? No problem with players having to earn their place in the first eleven, personally.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe down to him not being very good since he returned from injury? No problem with players having to earn their place in the first eleven, personally.

He was one of the few to get pass marks against St Johnstone for me so I would have expected him to at least be on the bench against Celtic if fit, all subjective though.

It's a moot point anyway as it has been confirmed by posters above that he was indeed, surprisingly, injured.

1 minute ago, Ted Hastings said:

He was one of the few to get pass marks against St Johnstone for me so I would have expected him to at least be on the bench against Celtic if fit, all subjective though.

It's a moot point anyway as it has been confirmed by posters above that he was indeed, surprisingly, injured.

I’ve a few reservations about his ability to play an energetic high-press game. Hopefully he proves me wrong on that though. 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’ve a few reservations about his ability to play an energetic high-press game. Hopefully he proves me wrong on that though. 

Same here bud.  Never been able to decide if he has a mental or a physical block which seems to stop him.

In a way, hopefully mental and Daniel unlocks him.  Could be a massive asset.  We lack goals, and the lad can find space and finish.

None of this snake nonsense from me - I want Jamie banging in goals for us.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Same here bud.  Never been able to decide if he has a mental or a physical block which seems to stop him.

In a way, hopefully mental and Daniel unlocks him.  Could be a massive asset.  We lack goals, and the lad can find space and finish.

I agree. I don’t like the things about him that have led to the “snake” comments. I understand completely why people feel that way. I’ve drawn a line under that though, and all I care about is him doing well for us and that helping the club I support.

Would absolutely LOVE him to prove me wrong, and be the player he promised to be all those years ago. I am not confident though, sadly.

We should have gone for Milinkovic instead imo. There’s a boy who is custom designed for a high press game.

50 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I sometimes wonder what the reaction would have been if we signed a guy who hadn't played in a year and a half because of dodgy knees in League One, and his name wasn't Jamie Walker.

We haven't signed a player who is called Jamie Walker who hasn't played in a year and a half either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Walker admitted that he has been struggling to reach fitness levels and performance since breaking his leg

1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

He’s Pish

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Aidy White ?

One of the first names on the team sheet for me.  

I think his game will benefit greatly from an effort to play the game further up the park and to get the ball forward quicker.  I like the thought of a Naismith, Washington and Walker front line.

31 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He got hammered at St J game will walk into the Hearts team, Mulraney or Walker.......

Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a touch of concussion after the assault. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Hurt his knee against rangers apparently played through the pain barrier against st Johnstone while making it worse... not sure how long he will be out for hopefully not serious 

No, no this can’t be right. I’d heard he wasn’t bothered his arse so didn’t try a leg and I took that as gospel likes. Can someone check please? 

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a touch of concussion after the assault. 

A shocking challenge, really cowardly from that little twat Ralston who really thinks he’s a player. 
Ill always detest him for that the *****. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Walker admitted that he has been struggling to reach fitness levels and performance since breaking his leg

It’s almost as if his first term here where he stopped trying and strolled around the pitch as we got pumped by Hibs (and everyone else) for a couple of seasons has made it difficult for people to show him patience now.

48 minutes ago, Coco said:

One of the first names on the team sheet for me.  

I think his game will benefit greatly from an effort to play the game further up the park and to get the ball forward quicker.  I like the thought of a Naismith, Washington and Walker front line.

Great to see that very same reaction from Clare wasn’t it, Coco? Hope wee Jamie does the same, as you say. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s almost as if his first term here where he stopped trying and strolled around the pitch as we got pumped by Hibs (and everyone else) for a couple of seasons has made it difficult for people to show him patience now.

Aye, the python 

🐍

Not a fan of his conduct when he left and his fitness levels are so worrying

what I will say though is him and Naismith are the only players in the squad who can finish and I just hope that Stendel can get a tune out of him

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree. I don’t like the things about him that have led to the “snake” comments. I understand completely why people feel that way. I’ve drawn a line under that though, and all I care about is him doing well for us and that helping the club I support.

Would absolutely LOVE him to prove me wrong, and be the player he promised to be all those years ago. I am not confident though, sadly.

We should have gone for Milinkovic instead imo. There’s a boy who is custom designed for a high press game.

😳🧐

Am not convinced  we will ever see the Walker form from before his head was turned by a mythical move to Sevco again, and not sure I want to afford him enough game time to try and prove me wrong. Won't be disappointed if Stendel decides he is not worth the patience and pumps him to free up wages soon, he has had his chance at Hearts.

A rare bit of positivity from me but I've been pleasantly surprised by his performances since returning. Better than I expected and I just hope he realises how lucky he is to get a second chance. 

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Did we not do even better than that with Aidy White.

4 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

I agree. One of the better ones out of a bad bunch.

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I get what you mean here my mate and I often talk about his general demeanour and body language.

He looks as if he is carrying the whole world on his shoulders most of the time and invariably looks either disinterested or knackered.

There is some ability in there but I don't think he is ever 100% fit as he seldom manages to have a lengthy run of games without being injured.

I am sure if anyone can get a bit of confidence into him it will be Stendel but if not then he will be another for the scrap heap.