Hickey's future

afanderson33

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Don’t know what game you where watching on Wednesday as Hickey was excellent. Absolutely strolled it against the best team in the league. 

I agree he was good.  But ffs "different class". Really?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Over a million

That would be a steal for them considering the money they have.

I would be hoping for near double that with lots of add ons depending on progression etc.

3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Before the cup final hardly any of us had heard of Hickey.

Let's be realistic, if we get 7 figures for a 17 year old and still get to keep him on loan, that's decent business.

If true , it's good bit of business.

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree he was good.  But ffs "different class". Really?

For a 17 year old I’d say he was different class. That’s a couple of times now he’s stood out against the best team in the country. Your not doing that and having a team like Man City interested in you because your run off the mill. 

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That would be a steal for them considering the money they have.

I would be hoping for near double that with lots of add ons depending on progression etc.

Same mate but it’s Budge and Levein dealing with it so not very optimistic 

We’re not going to get silly money for a 17yo. Would be happy if hearts can bank 7 figures, plus get a good sell on fee negotiated, then we keep him here on loan for the rest of the year to ensure he gets game time. That would be good business imo

Would be disappointed to see such a talented young player move on so early in his career, but considering he never cost us a penny, any amount of money we can get for him would be a good bit of business for the club. I am however hoping that Man City (if they're buying him) play fair, pay up, and give us what he's worth which in my opinion would be about £1.5M to £2M. If that money is then re-invested in the squad, and if we move on the players we want to move on, we could refresh the squad with potentially 6-7 new signings. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Can we come back to this point when the deal is done please? 

Good point. Wonder if Levein will get any commission?

As you well know, Levein has nothing to do with it.  Would love Hickey to stay for another couple of years but, if he isn't going to sign a new deal, then anything above a million is worth taking

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:19, JamboAl said:

If we've got loadsa cash (benefactors?) why would we NEED to sell Hickey?

I think we will sell him anyway for his career and the fact we could lose out big time (like with Paterson) if we don't. 

I was sure that when Paterson signed for Cardiff, we had a sell-on clause included in the contract? Paterson himself asked for it to be included.

As for Hickey...I hope he does get a move to Man City, at least he won't be going back to Celtic.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If that is the standard we are going to class as 'different class' then this boy will never play at a higher level. I agree he was better than normal but as it stands he has as much chance of making it at Man City as I do.

Disagree, frimpong is quite possibly the best player in the league at the moment, certainly the best ride side player.. Hickey strolled it

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

As you well know, Levein has nothing to do with it.  Would love Hickey to stay for another couple of years but, if he isn't going to sign a new deal, then anything above a million is worth taking

How do you know if this is the case? AB took levein with her to Manchester for discussions.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I was sure that when Paterson signed for Cardiff, we had a sell-on clause included in the contract? Paterson himself asked for it to be included.

As for Hickey...I hope he does get a move to Man City, at least he won't be going back to Celtic.

I think that is correct.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Why was Levein down chatting to Man City then?

8 hours ago, gorgie rools said:

Allegedly on £150 a week at Hearts

Hm...I would have thought around 450 P/W was nearer the mark. If he is on 150 then Hearts deserve to lose him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disagree, frimpong is quite possibly the best player in the league at the moment, certainly the best ride side player.. Hickey strolled it

This. Hickey is an outstanding prospect. Future Scotland regular and destined for a bigger team down south. Best defender we've produced since Gary Naysmith? I want to say Lee Wallace but we'll never know how good he was after he decided to stay at Rangers in the lower leagues.

If Hickey leaves and Hearts get 1 million + after Celtics cut and have him for the rest of the season then that will be an excellent bit of business. Retain a good young player for a difficult second half of the season, money to pay off Levein and cronies, money to bring in Stendel's backroom team and maybe two or three players in key positions.

Sometime you have to look to the future but in football the here and now tends to supersede everything else, and I would suggest Hearts are very much in that situation. The sale of one young, promising player could mend an awful lot of damage from the last two years.

If they can get the money then it's no brainer for me, sell, sell, sell.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

If Hickey leaves and Hearts get 1 million + after Celtics cut and have him for the rest of the season then that will be an excellent bit of business. Retain a good young player for a difficult second half of the season, money to pay off Levein and cronies, money to bring in Stendel's backroom team and maybe two or three players in key positions.

Sometime you have to look to the future but in football the here and now tends to supersede everything else, and I would suggest Hearts are very much in that situation. The sale of one young, promising player could mend an awful lot of damage from the last two years.

If they can get the money then it's no brainer for me, sell, sell, sell.

Alternatively that one young player, if he stays, can become the player fans worship and unite behind and who drives us on to success. Like a Robbo, Cameron, Hartley, Rudi...

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Alternatively that one young player, if he stays, can become the player fans worship and unite behind and who drives us on to success.

I feel that's a bit unlikely. But hey, we all need a dream!

I just feel that pragmatism is the order of the day for Hearts right now.

Edited by TheTrumpet

19 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Hm...I would have thought around 450 P/W was nearer the mark. If he is on 150 then Hearts deserve to lose him. 

I would expect him to be on something like £150 basic. With bonuses etc for first team appearances etc, which would no doubt take him to nearer your £450 p/w. If he scored more goals and we won more games I'm sure he would earn a good bit more than £450 p/w.

Hearts have been trying to negotiate a better deal for/with him (and his dad) since he broke into the first team. 

29 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Why would Hearts deserve to lose him? He was clearly happy with whatever contract he is on when he signed and since he broke in to the team Hearts have been offering him a new contract on improved terms, which he has refused to sign. Not really Hearts fault and his current salary (whatever it is) clearly isn't the reason he isn't signing a new deal.

Youth tournament and youth team link-up that McPhee has already kicked off

43 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I would expect him to be on something like £150 basic. With bonuses etc for first team appearances etc, which would no doubt take him to nearer your £450 p/w. If he scored more goals and we won more games I'm sure he would earn a good bit more than £450 p/w.

Hearts have been trying to negotiate a better deal for/with him (and his dad) since he broke into the first team. 

Him and Smith put on to £600 p w in the summer after performances at end of last season. 

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Maybe Hickeys dad asked that Levein went.  Maybe he trusts Levein to help get the best deal for his son.....

On 15/12/2019 at 22:53, TheStig said:

Having to sell a 17 year old to fix the mess we're in, thats grim.

Have a word....if Man City want to buy him and the lad wants to go want can we do?

The club says no, the player goes in the huff, runs down his contract and signs a pre-contract agreement with the other club and we get nothing. At least this way we get a few million up front and possibly a cut of his next transfer.  Seems our best option.

Unfortunately this is the way most transfers will pan out for a club our size, with our salary cap in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Have a word....if Man City want to buy him and the lad wants to go want can we do?

The club says no, the player goes in the huff, runs down his contract and signs a pre-contract agreement with the other club and we get nothing. At least this way we get a few million up front and possibly a cut of his next transfer.  Seems our best option.

Unfortunately this is the way most transfers will pan out for a club our size, with our salary cap in Scotland. 

Fortunately in this case he is going South rather than one of the two vile clubs in the West of Scotland. Hopefully this trend continues. 

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Fortunately in this case he is going South rather than one of the two vile clubs in the West of Scotland. Hopefully this trend continues. 

Exactly, if/when our players go West we’ll probably get a lower fee and a lower sell on fee to boot. 

3 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Regardless what hes on now hes not signing a new deal so we need to sell him ..

And good luck to  the lad 

Plus goid bit business  from us picking him up on a free getting good performance  out him in the games he's played  and a good few quid 

On 16/12/2019 at 12:38, JamboAl said:

I think it's more of a necessity cost.

If we don't sell him we could finish up losing him for next to nothing

Exactly, we lost Paul Ritchie for nout having been offered 1mill the season before. Callum Patterson went for sweeties .

If the kid and his dad aren’t going to sign he could walk in July for a development fee.

personally I think he could use a couple more seasons in first team instead of switching to City’s development squads.

21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If that is the standard we are going to class as 'different class' then this boy will never play at a higher level. I agree he was better than normal but as it stands he has as much chance of making it at Man City as I do.

17 mate.  17!

12 minutes ago, dode said:

Exactly, we lost Paul Ritchie for nout having been offered 1mill the season before. Callum Patterson went for sweeties .

If the kid and his dad aren’t going to sign he could walk in July for a development fee.

personally I think he could use a couple more seasons in first team instead of switching to City’s development squads.

A few years ago I’d  have said playing first team football was really important but the chance of working with much better coaches and really good players around his age might be what’s needed for anotherScottish player to become world class  , very exciting watching him develop so quickly from youth level 

A good move for both imo. Hickey gets to take his development to the next level, working with better coaches and playing with better players. We get £1m+, which daniel can use to build his own team. And it sounds like we get hickey back on loan plus a sell on fee.

21 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Over a million

Which would all go on a new player or 2 ? Or maybe 3 ?🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Agreed but we still have to get rid of a few more before we bring in

29 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Hearts average first team squad salary was reported as £111,600 (or a bit over £2k a week). So £1m+ would potentially fund 5 players on 2 year contracts assuming we don't splurge on transfer fees. For a club if Hearts size, £1m certainly isn't a transformational amount of money but would be significant.

For those saying it would be good if he came back on loan, a question. Given where we are, with Garuccio due back at some stage and White available, would Hickey be the position you would prioritise in any negotiation? I'd be more tempted to say, you can have Hickey at that price but we want a striker for 6months as close to your first team as we can get.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

17 mate.  17!

Agree and understand but we have to stop molycoddling. Toughen him up and he has a shot.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

For those saying it would be good if he came back on loan, a question. Given where we are, with Garuccio due back at some stage and White available, would Hickey be the position you would prioritise in any negotiation? I'd be more tempted to say, you can have Hickey at that price but we want a striker for 6months as close to your first team as we can get.

Total false economy. Neither garrucio or white are anywhere near the quality of hickey and I’d rather we took the money and signed an experienced striker rather than one of Man City’s development players who doesn’t really give a ****

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Conflicted on this one. If we badly need money next month then we might have to cash in but I’d hate to see him leave before he’s really done anything for us.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Conflicted on this one. If we badly need money next month then we might have to cash in but I’d hate to see him leave before he’s really done anything for us.

It’s always crap losing one of your best young talents but the transfer side of things favours the player these days.

There would be a riot if we didnt agree a deal and he got a Paterson type injury and he left for free (development fees cross border are much lower).

We must maximise the value of a player who will leave us no matter what. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug