Hickey's future

afanderson33

I think we should enjoy the next few weeks of this young man because he's going to be sold very soon to give Mr Stendel some money to fix this mess. Hope he goes on to bigger and better things

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

I’ve posted a few times about this. His dad is now actively looking for agents to finalise the move to city. Pretty much agreed between the clubs, now his dad is working on getting him the best deal for personal terms. I know the agent his dad met with on Thursday, hence the info. 

Good to see a recovery in his form yesterday. He once again looked a quality player. Will be sorry to see him go, but in all honesty Tynecastle at the moment is maybe not the best place for his development. 

Great young player. Shame the dark side will get a cut of his fee. Hope he is loaned back with the money invested in the new managers coaching squad and new players 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He will be loaned back if it happens

I wouldn’t be quite so sure about that. From what I’ve heard doubtful it will be us

The Future's Maroon

Good luck to him, will get us a bit cash now (and Celtic), and more for us in a few years hopefully.

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve posted a few times about this. His dad is now actively looking for agents to finalise the move to city. Pretty much agreed between the clubs, now his dad is working on getting him the best deal for personal terms. I know the agent his dad met with on Thursday, hence the info. 

Is this deal good for hearts ? 

Dont want to see the lad go but it would be some move for him and I would wish him all the best 

12 minutes ago, leginten said:

Good to see a recovery in his form yesterday. He once again looked a quality player. Will be sorry to see him go, but in all honesty Tynecastle at the moment is maybe not the best place for his development. 

He is going to be loaned back for either 6 or 18 months so he will be at tynie for a while 

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I wouldn’t be quite so sure about that. From what I’ve heard doubtful it will be us

If it isn’t us then we get another left back on loan from them  

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is going to be loaned back for either 6 or 18 months so he will be at tynie for a while 

6 or 18 months. Because ?

12 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Is this deal good for hearts ? 

Dont want to see the lad go but it would be some move for him and I would wish him all the best 

Don’t know anything about the financial side. All that was said was it was a good deal and would probably involve a loan back situation. All that’s been said on here as well to be fair. Hickey’s dad is meeting other agents trying to find the right deal for his son and once he’s met a few he’ll let the one I know if he’s going with him. The club advised against getting an agent involved but due to it being a premier league side and potential big cash, Hickey’s dad wants someone who’s dealt with the big boys, so to speak. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

6 or 18 months. Because ?

Depends on his development plan at City. Does he learn more with us next season or with City’s youth teams or out on loan in League 1/2 ? Part of the negotiations 

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Having to sell a 17 year old to fix the mess we're in, thats grim.

That s what an academy is for ? Ideally have them until they are 19/20 or even  older but if someone wants to give us good money for a 17 year-old why would we object? Could break his leg next week, hope not, fingers crossed. Paterson example was a learning experience for us, painful one as well financially. Sell-on clause needs to be at least 20% 

Jambof3tornado
47 minutes ago, leginten said:

It could be better for his development than going south. He wont get near even the u23s at city.

A sell and loan back for a season would be very good for both sides.

I would understand if that wasnt possible and look to cash in.

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Depends on his development plan at City. Does he learn more with us next season or with City’s youth teams or out on loan in League 1/2 ? Part of the negotiations 

Is it ? And how do you know ?

37 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t know anything about the financial side. All that was said was it was a good deal and would probably involve a loan back situation. All that’s been said on here as well to be fair. Hickey’s dad is meeting other agents trying to find the right deal for his son and once he’s met a few he’ll let the one I know if he’s going with him. The club advised against getting an agent involved but due to it being a premier league side and potential big cash, Hickey’s dad wants someone who’s dealt with the big boys, so to speak. 

Fair play Hope it works out for all and the boy goes on to be a star and we have 25% sell on if we are lucky 

If we can get say £2M and have him loaned back to us for the rest of this season it would be a decent bit of business. 

We need money to sort out this mess. Levein got backed generously (too generously given his success rate in the market IMO). Stendel deserves a fair crack of the whip with recruitment. 

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That s what an academy is for ? Ideally have them until they are 19/20 or even  older but if someone wants to give us good money for a 17 year-old why would we object? Could break his leg next week, hope not, fingers crossed. Paterson example was a learning experience for us, painful one as well financially. Sell-on clause needs to be at least 20% 

Of course its what clubs of our size do to survive, but its more the fact we are reliant on selling a kid to fix a mess we shouldn't be in. Just say no one buys Hickey in January, we are stuck with the current squad of playes who are on course to take us down. 

1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

I think we should enjoy the next few weeks of this young man because he's going to be sold very soon to give Mr Stendel some money to fix this mess. Hope he goes on to bigger and better things

Do you, aye? Smashing. Any more of our good players that you hope leave for bigger and better things?

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Celtic are due 30% right? Not going to leave much for Stendel.

That depends on the size of the ‘much’ and the market we operate in. 

57 minutes ago, TheStig said:

We got millions sitting about spare to fix this like?

The fact that you asked the question makes it clear you haven't a clue but you'll criticise anyway because that is your sad nature.

FYI we did make a profit in excess of £1m last a/c year so we may have money.  Alternatively costs will have gone up since then so we may not have spare cash.

Either way you prefer the negative angle.  Well done.

RustyRightPeg

Really like the lads temperament, on and off the pitch. 

Came into the Gorgie Suite after the game on Saturday and spoke well considering the circumstances. Certainly spoke better of the situation than our captain did that's for sure.

Sincerely hope he gets a deal that suits him and his family.

Just now, JamboAl said:

The fact that you asked the question makes it clear you haven't a clue but you'll criticise anyway because that is your sad nature.

FYI we did make a profit in excess of £1m last a/c year so we may have money.  Alternatively costs will have gone up since then so we may not have spare cash.

Either way you prefer the negative angle.  Well done.

We may have cash, we may not as you say. So selling Hickey is needed if we want to bring in fresh faces, possibly needed to pay off deadwood too. Cool glad we got their in the end, well done.

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

We may have cash, we may not as you say. So selling Hickey is needed if we want to bring in fresh faces, possibly needed to pay off deadwood too. Cool glad we got their in the end, well done.

If we've got loadsa cash (benefactors?) why would we NEED to sell Hickey?

I think we will sell him anyway for his career and the fact we could lose out big time (like with Paterson) if we don't. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If we've got loadsa cash (benefactors?) why would we NEED to sell Hickey?

I think we will sell him anyway for his career and the fact we could lose out big time (like with Paterson) if we don't. 

IF we have lots of cash we won't need to sell him, certainly not in January anyway, but don't I think we do have money burning holes in our pockets. Hickey will be sold at some point that's a given. My point is the fee we receive should have been available to the manger to invest on players that could see us challenging for European spots. Now it will most likely be used to rebuild a squad, this could take a while to sort out and a hell of a lot more money.

Hope its a loan back deal. Would make sense all round.

Doesn't sit well but this is the modern football world.

Would rather a lad get 100-150 games under his belt but i guess the loan system still kind of allows that.

Also guess it means we're not paying him so frees up a wage (not that he'll be on much but if we gave him a new deal it'd have to be 1st 11 wages)

12 hours ago, TheStig said:

Selling Eammon Bannon to Chelsea at 18 saved us going to the wall in the late 70s

12 hours ago, TheStig said:

Having a 17 yearold who Man City want. Less grim.

Being in a financial position to reinvest the money in the squad. Less grim.

Positive some would say. Weird eh.

22 minutes ago, TheStig said:

IF we have lots of cash we won't need to sell him, certainly not in January anyway, but don't I think we do have money burning holes in our pockets. Hickey will be sold at some point that's a given. My point is the fee we receive should have been available to the manger to invest on players that could see us challenging for European spots. Now it will most likely be used to rebuild a squad, this could take a while to sort out and a hell of a lot more money.

No.  Your point was

SomethingAboutObua

Really disappointed that we really do need to sell him ASAP for funds to bin 5-10 players in this squad. But how much is he going for? 

We need to get as much as we can for him because who would take anyone else in this squad right now? I don’t think we could get rid of 75% of the shit in our squad if we said they could go for free to anyone 

Opportunity cost. Use the funds to get us new players.

This squad will not improve results, no manager will improve this squad. There is no alternative. 

Let the manager flog some of our assets. I would sell Naismith too, Rangers still interested 😂

15 minutes ago, westbow said:

Opportunity cost. Use the funds to get us new players.

This squad will not improve results, no manager will improve this squad. There is no alternative. 

Let the manager flog some of our assets. I would sell Naismith too, Rangers still interested 😂

I think it's more of a necessity cost.

If we don't sell him we could finish up losing him for next to nothing

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No.  Your point was

I'd rather we sold off other players and keep our better ones. Oh wait they are shite so we are stuck with them as no one is crazy enough to pay money. Yeah its ****ing grim.

The Mercer Takeover
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There is very little point in having an academy and trying to bring them through, if we are going to let them go at the first opportunity. Don't forget, Hickey came from Celtic's academy, not ours.

The whole point of having it was supposed to allow up to compete better against the two uglies when youngsters matured. That clearly has been another Levein/Budge porky.

There is no point in keeping him if he is sold, as he isn't our player and we would be better trying to bring through one of our own again.

What a shambles. Having to sell a 17 year old.....

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Selling Eammon Bannon to Chelsea at 18 saved us going to the wall in the late 70s

Eamonn Bannon was my favourite player of the era and I'm pretty sure he was in his early 20's.

13 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I'd rather we sold off other players and keep our better ones. Oh wait they are shite so we are stuck with them as no one is crazy enough to pay money. Yeah its ****ing grim.

But what has that got to do with Hickey's future?

As I said earlier, I think we will be selling Hickey to avoid losing a fee, not to get one to re-invest.  You're all over the place here.

The only thing ****ing grim is your posts.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But what has that got to do with Hickey's future?

As I said earlier, I think we will be selling Hickey to avoid losing a fee, not to get one to re-invest.  You're all over the place here.

The only thing ****ing grim is your posts.

You could always ignore them but here you are.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If we do plan on selling him, I hope we are speaking to more than Man City.

If reports are to be believed, MacPhee has been cultivating a "relationship" with City so they get first option on our youngsters

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If we do plan on selling him, I hope we are speaking to more than Man City.

If he wants to go to Man City, there'd be little point mate.  He holds the cards here - contract up at end of season.