Liam Kelly former Livi GK

Masonic

This lad always put in a performance since his move to qpr his game time has been limited to a couple appearances, we should try to get him on loan as hes on a 4 year contract so no chance of getting him on a free. The lads been in the scotland squad as well for san marino and the kazakhstan game this year.

6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

This lad always put in a performance since his move to qpr his game time has been limited to a couple appearances, we should try to get him on loan as hes on a 4 year contract so no chance of getting him on a free. The lads been in the scotland squad as well for san marino and the kazakhstan game this year.

Yeah, he is one I’d like.

12 minutes ago, Masonic said:

You've got that wrong.

He was in side for QPR until a recent injury.

Edited by Mikey1874

• 5 weeks later...
On 15/12/2019 at 16:31, Mikey1874 said:

You've got that wrong.

He was in side for QPR until a recent injury.

is he still injured

I don't see QPR loaning him as their regular keeper (Joe Lumley) has been a disaster for the most part, Kelly was starting until his injury and I expect him to take over the role now that he is healthy!

He’s a great prospect.  I wonder how much more of a realistic chance we have of getting Carson from Motherwell now he’s back from injury?  Or the lad McGivern who went down South after the Euros? 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Straight back in team today after injury. 

12.30 Sky Sports v Leeds

Charlie Nicholas starts for Sky. 😎 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Charlie Nicholas starts for Sky. 😎 

Sky coverage of the Championship is quite good. Lee Wallace starts for QPR too. 

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 16:19, Masonic said:

Why would anyone work under our goalkeeping coach?

• 2 years later...
Never Let Them Forget
19 minutes ago, Masonic said:

we should still be trying to sign him imo nice piece on bbc scotland now about him

As a number 2? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolute Scenes
46 minutes ago, Masonic said:

we should still be trying to sign him imo nice piece on bbc scotland now about him

😳

Kirky Jambo
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

Thought he came across quite well. Undoubtedly a good keeper and certainly prefer him to Zander Clark or Alnwick.

We do need to line up a replacement for Craig eventually, would be interested to know Kelly’s contract situation.

ford donald
On 15/12/2019 at 16:19, Masonic said:

👍

Gordon, McGregor, McLaughlin, Hart, Clarke, Alnwick, Siegrist and Lewis are all better goalkeeper than Kelly in this league. He’s pretty bang average for me.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Gordon, McGregor, McLaughlin, Hart, Clarke, Alnwick, Siegrist and Lewis are all better goalkeeper than Kelly in this league. He’s pretty bang average for me.

If we are looking for a successor to Gordon in the next couple of years then Alnwick or Sieghrist for me.

15 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

As a number 2? 🤷🏻‍♂️

aye mate thats the kind of strength in depth required to level up our current backup keepers are not up to standard imo with the idea of him taking over from gordon in a year or two depending on his form

We really need a good number 2. Or at least a competent number two. 

I think Jamie Macdonald could be a good shout still. Fact is we’re not going to get anyone ground breaking and a cheap and cheerful option that is a safe pair of hands would be perfect. No matter what way you look at it, Livi’s third choice isn’t a viable option if he was ever needed for any period of time. 

I think any younger keeper would want to play and probably wouldn’t have the sort of experience we should be trusting in. 

• 2 months later...
On 13/03/2022 at 13:27, OTT said:

We really need a good number 2. Or at least a competent number two. 

I think Jamie Macdonald could be a good shout still. Fact is we’re not going to get anyone ground breaking and a cheap and cheerful option that is a safe pair of hands would be perfect. No matter what way you look at it, Livi’s third choice isn’t a viable option if he was ever needed for any period of time. 

I think any younger keeper would want to play and probably wouldn’t have the sort of experience we should be trusting in. 

having scotlands number one and two would be an upgrade for sure