Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• sadj

• Boof

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

All I have to say is thank feck there was no internet back in the late '70's early '80's, the terrace would have been a really joyful place back then.

It would've been the same as it is now, but with racism. 

Haven’t posted much in here recently.

Coming back is akin to climbing into your own bed after 2 weeks on holiday sleeping on a shit mattress with sheets.

the amount of times I have deleted my account due to the overbearing welts of the terrace and there views on football or every thread starts off okay then ends up in disagreement, slagging, arguments, Pathetic!

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

the amount of times I have deleted my account due to the overbearing welts of the terrace and there views on football or every thread starts off okay then ends up in disagreement, slagging, arguments, Pathetic!

Reasonable discussion seems obsolete these days.

Donald Trump is not the reason for that, but he is an example.  There, I got in my daily dig at Trump! :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Donald Trump is not the reason for that, but he is an example.  There, I got in my daily dig at Trump! :biggrin:

Haha!

It's brutal honestly it gets so childish. If someone starts a thread and posts their view and its not up to someone else's liking then that's it if they cant hijack it and have big arguments then it becomes personal.

Салатные палочки

I like it when there is a wee bit of nostalgia in the Terrace.  That doesn't happen that often though.  The Shed is definitely the better place to while away the working day. 

The Hogfather

The Terrace is summed up by the number of people who cannot handle their opinions being challenged on any matter. A group of people who will argue that black is white just to be contrary, They want a board where everyone agrees with them all the time, not a discussion board with a range of different opinions. Their attitude/fragile ego wouldn't allow it.

I'd happily name some culprits, but I see a few of them haven't posted in this thread.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You get your head bitten off for next to nothing. 

What the feckin Hell are you slavering on about now?

You don’t have a friggin’ clue what you’re saying.

:look:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

What the feckin Hell are you slavering on about now?

You don’t have a friggin’ clue what you’re saying.

:look:

This post belongs in The Terrace!!  :lol:

3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

The Terrace is summed up by the number of people who cannot handle their opinions being challenged on any matter. A group of people who will argue that black is white just to be contrary, They want a board where everyone agrees with them all the time, not a discussion board with a range of different opinions. Their attitude/fragile ego wouldn't allow it.

I'd happily name some culprits, but I see a few of them haven't posted in this thread.

Cannot agree any more!!!!!

On 16/12/2019 at 06:24, The Mighty Thor said:

The whole forum is not the entity it once was.

I remember when this place was laugh a minute. On match day we had some great posters. Maybe they've bailed or are banned. The place isn't the same any more 😭

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Aye but what about Obama's bombs

😉

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

This post belongs in The Terrace!!  :lol:

:rofl:

My point exactly, Mr Leaf.

Edited by Morgan

In full meltdown mode today, some people's blood pressure must be going right through the roof.

There must be at least a half dozen threads where there is total carnage, in saying that an awful lot of new posters all of a sudden, sniff sniff sniff.

On 16/12/2019 at 13:33, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hearts fans overall are idiots. Social media is just brutal. Twitter was once a decent place for funny posts and good breads but now it’s just the same hearts fans posting the same shite and their idiot bigoted mates joining in.

Facebook was lost long ago. The state of the people who comment on the clubs posts are just baffling. Grown up adults. 

:spoton:

Malinga the Swinga

This is the only place that I have ever used as Social Media. Never had Facebook, not on Twitter or Snapchat or Instagram. Used to look forward to games when comments were amusing but now it is treated as if players and staff have committed personal crimes against posters. Add that to posters who hate FoH, and always have, a huge increase from posters who support the other team in Edinburgh and theTerrace is best avoided, particularly on match days. I reckon that cup final humiliation made certain Hibs supporters determined to spoil Kickback which only reinforces what a great day that was.

I know I am getting older but apart from one particular poster, I try not to get involved. That one poster does annoy me though and while I realise at my age I should know better, I can't help but respond when I see his posts.

Was at the game and vented some honest opinions, but Jesus that place is a complete shit show just now.

Personal abuse being dished out like confetti (not by or at me so far, let me add).

On 15/12/2019 at 15:19, chester copperpot said:

It's become a cesspit of moaners and H1b5 interlopers.

I am hiding out here till it rids itself of it.

The shed is THE PLACE to be. 

Man up.

So what needs to be done to make it better?

Get rid of hobos, some will cry. But just because someone has a different opinion about a player, manager, ex-manager...doesn't make them a Hibs/Sevco/Sellik fan...

For sure it would make for a better place if we didn't have winder-uppers and, personally, I can't see the attraction in it. No doubt I will have, unwittingly, responded to someone in the past who's been on the wind-up. Well three cheers for them. You've got one over on me - an anonymous user of a football forum. What a sad and empty life you must have if that's how you get your kicks...and then go tweeting to your equally socially inadequate posse about how big it makes you feel.

Ah, bollox - I'm off back to me game o golf :D 

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Get rid of hobos, some will cry. But just because someone has a different opinion about a player, manager, ex-manager...doesn't make them a Hibs/Sevco/Sellik fan...

For sure it would make for a better place if we didn't have winder-uppers and, personally, I can't see the attraction in it. No doubt I will have, unwittingly, responded to someone in the past who's been on the wind-up. Well three cheers for them. You've got one over on me - an anonymous user of a football forum. What a sad and empty life you must have if that's how you get your kicks...and then go tweeting to your equally socially inadequate posse about how big it makes you feel.

I think it would help if folk were limited to, say, 3 posts a day. Ensures certain folk don't dominate and ruin every single ****ing thread, forces posters to be just a wee bit more thoughtful, cuts down on the total shitfest it turns in to after every match. his is my second post of the day .... I might follow my own advice and save my final post for the Puzzle thread 😉

Taking last night as an example (no names). One well known poster appears and immediately starts his usual patter of generally criticising/insulting all and sundry followed by  a tedious string of questions designed to get a rise. He did and seemed to go quiet (possibly got a warning?) but then appears again shortly after and starts again. 

Another who has a mega post count and spends most of his time picking  fights .

I'd like to see posting limited per day to stop the spamming/trolling/verbals. 

The major irritation for me are the smart arses who pick fights/hijack threads who say "use the ignore button" when getting called out. 

Shame really as I used to love JKB. 

Discussing the actual football has become the last thing. Would shut The Terrace down like Chris Robinson did if it was possible. 

Demanding something so they can feel better is my best guess, influenced by the best football being on telly etc. Being right, having the right opinion as a competition. As opposed to supporting your team. 

Jim Jefferies is lucky he was manager before all this kicked off. Though I would have started a 'Jim Jefferies hates Hearts' thread if I wanted to stir it with them. 

Funny thing is in actual real life the support is just about sticking in. 

Just us well most of us can get by okay enjoying life meantime. 

3 hours ago, Boof said:

i hope this golf was on a computer its been teeming down here. Get the darts on 👍🏻

The post is spot on though

There is a direct correlation between how the club is doing and how enjoyable the Terrace is. When we’re on a good run of form or amidst an exciting transfer spree or building a new stand then it’s a great place to post and read. When we’re in the midst of what we’re in, it’s horrible.

39 minutes ago, sadj said:

i hope this golf was on a computer its been teeming down here. Get the darts on 👍🏻

Bloody hell, yes!!

Blowing a hoolie here with rain not far away. Couple that with the fact that a golf ball rarely goes where I think I'm aiming then computer golf is the only one for me.

Had a quick 65 around Kiawah Island earlier today. :smuggy:

Edited by Boof

12 minutes ago, Boof said:

Bloody hell, yes!!

Blowing a hoolie here with rain not far away. Couple that with the fact that a golf ball rarely goes where I think I'm aiming then computer golf is the only one for me.

Had a quick 65 around Kiawah Island earlier today. :smuggy:

That the one of the infamous Ryder Cup in 91?

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

I think it would help if folk were limited to, say, 3 posts a day. Ensures certain folk don't dominate and ruin every single ****ing thread, forces posters to be just a wee bit more thoughtful, cuts down on the total shitfest it turns in to after every match. his is my second post of the day .... I might follow my own advice and save my final post for the Puzzle thread 😉

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostracism

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

Make it so. 

27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That the one of the infamous Ryder Cup in 91?

Not entirely sure if it's the same course - the one on WGT is, I think, the Ocean Course.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not entirely sure if it's the same course - the one on WGT is, I think, the Ocean Course.

I think we once had one of the holes, or part of one of the holes, in "Where is this?". That was a fun one.

Just now, redjambo said:

I think we once had one of the holes, or part of one of the holes, in "Where is this?". That was a fun one.

I was just thinking of 'Where is this?' t'other day and went as far as taking a photo but it didn't come out very good on my phone.

That thread needs awakening, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

I was just thinking of 'Where is this?' t'other day and went as far as taking a photo but it didn't come out very good on my phone.

It would be nice to see it going again, wouldn't it, despite how addictive it can become!

34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wish I had left enough of my daily quota of posts to endorse this 😉

Just now, RobboM said:

I wish I had left enough of my daily quota of posts to endorse this 😉

:D You can do it tomorrow.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Boof said:

My wife asked if she could look through my iPad photos to see if there was any good pics for a new electronic picture frame. When I got it back off her, she said that I needed to get rid of all the shoite I’ve got on it. Think there are loads of s screenshots for that thread. Will try and put something up when I’ve got time, great thread.

luckyBatistuta

Finding it really difficult to even bother going in there, as there are so many threads being started which slaughter everyone at the club, some absolute shockers and a lot of them started by folk with hardly any posting history🤔

been here before

I enjoy the 'wage thief/ imposter' chat.

First time I ever heard those terms being used was by currants and the more excitable posters in Raingurz Meeja during the early stages of "The Journey".

Seems its spread to the Terrace

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

This could be amazing but i fear our first choice would just use it to become a martyr of the jkb south american anti Levein pro TH and Labour (but not Corbyn) division in the war on jkb and British politics... SLiaW for short.....

After that it would be good , could also put them all in a hunger games style battle to the death to see who the biggest pro Budge , pro Levein , Anti Budge , Anti Levein , maybe DS but not sure and DS is our man awards of the season...

Beats the ignore function hands down Id say

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Finding it really difficult to even bother going in there, as there are so many threads being started which slaughter everyone at the club, some absolute shockers and a lot of them started by folk with hardly any posting history🤔

There is a mixture of Hibs fans and hearts fans deliberately trolling in the terrace doing a lot of that

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

I enjoy the 'wage thief/ imposter' chat.

First time I ever heard those terms being used was by currants and the more excitable posters in Raingurz Meeja during the early stages of "The Journey".

Seems its spread to the Terrace

Could have an alarm that goes off when certain words are posted on threads. 10minutes to lockdown... See folk scramble to get in before the lock...

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

This could be amazing but i fear our first choice would just use it to become a martyr of the jkb south american anti Levein pro TH and Labour (but not Corbyn) division in the war on jkb and British politics... SLiaW for short.....

After that it would be good , could also put them all in a hunger games style battle to the death to see who the biggest pro Budge , pro Levein , Anti Budge , Anti Levein , maybe DS but not sure and DS is our man awards of the season...

Beats the ignore function hands down Id say

Perhaps the ignore function could be our Greek urn? The person who is on the most ignore lists at the end of the year gets the heave ho. ;)

A hunger Games-style knockout does sound good though.