Dear Daniel...

Getintaethem

Dear Daniel,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our club.  No doubt you have seen the potential we have here to grow and be a major force in Scottish football and to be regular participants in European football.  You will no doubt have been surprised at the high standards of facilities at our training base and stadium.  Let me assure you that you have the backing of a great support,  a fan base  who continue to give great financial backing to ensure the club can thrive and progress.  You have come to the club at a time when it is in a healthier financial state than it has ever been in its illustrious 146 year history.

I do fear however that you may have been slightly misled when you received a guided tour from your managerial predecessor.  You may have heard that we have an excellent youth set up, you may have heard that we have a wealth of talent lying on tables in the treatment room, you may even have heard that there will be jam tomorrow.  Unfortunately, as you have now probably learned during your first week at the club, all of this is not entirely true.

In truth, a lot of money has been wasted in the last few years, building an overly large squad, many of whom aren't good enough to be successful at this level.  Confidence is low, players tend to hide, and as you saw yesterday we resort to punting the ball long as the lack of options in front of our defenders leaves them will little other choice.

The squad needs major surgery,(Don't worry, the fans have become used to this over the last five years), as is highlighted by our goalkeeping situation (The worst I've seen in over 40 years following the club).  Whilst you do have some talented players injured just now, some of them haven't kicked a ball for a very long time and won't be able to help you in the short term.  As for the youth, as you may have seen from the performance of Keena yesterday, we're nowhere near as strong as you've no doubt been led to believe in that department.

In short, unfortunately you have inherited a shambles.  Strikers who can't score, a midfield with no pace, a lack of width and a coaching team who have been blind to the situation unfolding around them over the last couple of years.  You have also been left in the unusual situation where your predecessor is still in the background and has the ear of our chairwoman.

This all sounds pretty depressing, but you deserve the truth.  Judging by your aftermatch comments yesterday, I suspect you have worked most of this out for yourself in the short time you have been here.

I hope you are given the backing by the board to bring in your own backroom staff, and can assure you that the fans are behind you.  I wish you luck and look forward to better times ahead.

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH)

highlandjambo3

TBH DS is not stupid...a manager coming in to a team floundering at the bottom who have sacked their previous manager knows the score, he will have looked at our season so far, he knows there is a problem at the club.  Yesterday will no doubt confirm how much he has to do to improve.  He hasn’t been sold a dummy, he knew exactly what he was up against, yesterday brought clarity to the task.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

TBH DS is not stupid...a manager coming in to a team floundering at the bottom who have sacked their previous manager knows the score, he will have looked at our season so far, he knows there is a problem at the club.  Yesterday will no doubt confirm how much he has to do to improve.  He hasn’t been sold a dummy, he knew exactly what he was up against, yesterday brought clarity to the task.

To be fair he left Barnsley in a similar predicament,  and they are now turning the corner.  And he inherited Hannover in trouble 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I just got accused of hyperbole. That’s goes for the OP.

It feels like a Corbynista wake on here at the moment.

I don't think the OP is hysterical at all. 

I've opened my eyes over the last 3 to 4 months after defending the regime blindly. 

Perhaps I was too late 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair he left Barnsley in a similar predicament,  and they are now turning the corner.  And he inherited Hannover in trouble 

He had the rug pulled from under his feet at Barnsley when they went up a league. His 4 best players sold against his own advice to the board and he couldn’t replace them with experience.

That was more than likely the main reason why they struggled when they went up. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

He had the rug pulled from under his feet at Barnsley when they went up a league. His 4 best players sold against his own advice to the board and he couldn’t replace them with experience.

That was more than likely the main reason why they struggled when they went up. 

Wasn't really my point,  but he will have had experience twice before of teams in the mire

The Old Tolbooth

Great post, the utter scale of the sheer mess that Levein and Budge have left us in, is actually scary! This was never more evident than yesterday when that shower of imposters completely ignored Stendel’s way that he wanted the game played, and just done what they’ve been on auto pilot doing for months now, good luck Daniel, we’re definitely behind you, but you’re never going to do anything with that lot mate! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I've opened my eyes over the last 3 to 4 months after defending the regime blindly. 

Perhaps I was too late 

it’s not about being blind to things that are wrong it’s about not going completely OTT

28 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Dear Daniel,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our club.  No doubt you have seen the potential we have here to grow and be a major force in Scottish football and to be regular participants in European football.  You will no doubt have been surprised at the high standards of facilities at our training base and stadium.  Let me assure you that you have the backing of a great support,  a fan base  who continue to give great financial backing to ensure the club can thrive and progress.  You have come to the club at a time when it is in a healthier financial state than it has ever been in its illustrious 146 year history.

I do fear however that you may have been slightly misled when you received a guided tour from your managerial predecessor.  You may have heard that we have an excellent youth set up, you may have heard that we have a wealth of talent lying on tables in the treatment room, you may even have heard that there will be jam tomorrow.  Unfortunately, as you have now probably learned during your first week at the club, all of this is not entirely true.

In truth, a lot of money has been wasted in the last few years, building an overly large squad, many of whom aren't good enough to be successful at this level.  Confidence is low, players tend to hide, and as you saw yesterday we resort to punting the ball long as the lack of options in front of our defenders leaves them will little other choice.

The squad needs major surgery,(Don't worry, the fans have become used to this over the last five years), as is highlighted by our goalkeeping situation (The worst I've seen in over 40 years following the club).  Whilst you do have some talented players injured just now, some of them haven't kicked a ball for a very long time and won't be able to help you in the short term.  As for the youth, as you may have seen from the performance of Keena yesterday, we're nowhere near as strong as you've no doubt been led to believe in that department.

In short, unfortunately you have inherited a shambles.  Strikers who can't score, a midfield with no pace, a lack of width and a coaching team who have been blind to the situation unfolding around them over the last couple of years.  You have also been left in the unusual situation where your predecessor is still in the background and has the ear of our chairwoman.

This all sounds pretty depressing, but you deserve the truth.  Judging by your aftermatch comments yesterday, I suspect you have worked most of this out for yourself in the short time you have been here.

I hope you are given the backing by the board to bring in your own backroom staff, and can assure you that the fans are behind you.  I wish you luck and look forward to better times ahead.

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH)

:greatpost:

His first job on Monday should be to tell Mrs Budge that he wants 2 of his own men in and that Craig Levein should instantly be relieved of all duties and told not to return. He’s set this club back years and him hanging around just makes a mockery of the whole club. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Wasn't really my point,  but he will have had experience twice before of teams in the mire

I took your post the other way. Apologies.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

it’s not about being blind to things that are wrong it’s about not going completely OTT

Its not OTT though is it?

We will be bottom of the League on Wednesday night,  with very little sign of being able to make a constructive attack, defending or retaining possession without going backwards. 

Too long now. I'll take my hat off to the lad if he turns this round. 

Missing players,  but they seem to be fragile. They could easily break again 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

We will be bottom of the League on Wednesday night,  with very little sign of being able to make a constructive attack, defending or retaining possession without going backwards. 

In his two jobs to date Stendel has basically taken the players he has been given and turned them round. One time he had a pre-season, one time he didn’t.

We also know that for all the abuse Budge gets she absolutely backs her managers with players. Maybe too much so, but this time we need it.

We have a lot of games to sort this out and stay up.

I think the OPs post resonates through the support. 
Thesre will be a time to steady the ship and we will encounter choppy waters but I feel we will come good in the new year

Stendel is very astute. His decision with the coaching staff is an example of this. Also the fact that he’s called the supporters out on not supporting the team like a supporter should after his FIRST GAME make me deeply ashamed ashamed and embarrassed of our own support. Our support is not normal, and usually this is a good thing (FoH etc) but yesterday goes to show that we as supporters have a lot of learning to do too. Perhaps an open letter to the ‘supporters’ in need too?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

avhudtheteeshirt

We all new what the manager was inheriting from the previous manager, but for some strange reason everyone seems to think the new manager comes with a magic wand!!!!

I don't think anything will happen until the transfer window, the players that are here seem to feel they are untouchable, they are all making the right noises about how they have to pull their socks up, but I'm afraid they should have done for the last manager and got us out this mess before it deepened???

The new manager will have to be strong and weed out the ones who flatter to deceive, only then will the team start to win!!! 

Jamboscanbevicius

I actually think yesterday might help... showed him the scale

of the challenge. Strengthens his hand with AB to say “give me what I need to sort this out”.

I think we will see an assistant arrive this month, and a few in and out in Jan.

We also have some good players (despite what we see on the pitch). 3-4 good additions and rebuilding confidence

and we’d be a different side!

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I just got accused of hyperbole. That’s goes for the OP.

It feels like a Corbynista wake on here at the moment.

Think hyperbole is a bit strong, more an honest assessment of the situation at our club.

One thing can be said of Levien (no matter what people's opinions are of the fact that he was actually involved in persuading Stengel to come), he was successful in selling the club to Stendel.  I do however feel that Levien still believes that we're in a good place and will have talked up the squad and the academy.  While it would be ridiculous for him to have openly admitted both areas were poor, now that Stengel has taken the post, he needs to be aware that most of the supporters know the truth and that we don't expect miracles.

Im possibly guilty of some thinly veiled digs at Levien in there, and maybe a cryptic question or two to the board, but I don't think I'm guilty of hyperbole.

52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps I was too late 

That was me, too.

January will see a massive turnaround in players. A lot will go and a lot will come in and rightfully so. Wouldn’t be surprised if our so called better/more popular players are moved on to allow this. Stendel’s job it to not get us relegated, make no mistake. Hopefully next season can be a completely different story once this utter dross is cleared out.  

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

In a nutshell 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Think hyperbole is a bit strong, more an honest assessment of the situation at our club.

One thing can be said of Levien (no matter what people's opinions are of the fact that he was actually involved in persuading Stengel to come), he was successful in selling the club to Stendel.  I do however feel that Levien still believes that we're in a good place and will have talked up the squad and the academy.  While it would be ridiculous for him to have openly admitted both areas were poor, now that Stengel has taken the post, he needs to be aware that most of the supporters know the truth and that we don't expect miracles.

Im possibly guilty of some thinly veiled digs at Levien in there, and maybe a cryptic question or two to the board, but I don't think I'm guilty of hyperbole.

Fair enough

I started a thread about unity last week.

That’s what we need. Not threads pointing out how shit we are, how shit Levein is, how shit the players are. 

Thursday showed you the difference between a body that is unified and one that isn’t.

One of the worst cabal’s of MP’s and a useless leader got the biggest victory in decades. The other party - split, riddled with infighting, “supporters” for arguing among themselves and blaming their leader, blaming everyone for everything, had the worst result in a century.

Continued splits will see us fail.

Its not about ignoring our issues, it is about holding your nose and doing whatever you can get climb out of the shithole in the short term. Once you do you can rebuild from there.

We aren’t doing that at present - we are effectively the Labour Party and we have seen how that ends.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps I was too late 

Too many were too late, the main one who should have acted is budge.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Fair enough

I started a thread about unity last week.

That’s what we need. Not threads pointing out how shit we are, how shit Levein is, how shit the players are.

Thursday showed you the difference between a body that is unified and one that isn’t.

One of the worst cabal’s of MP’s and a useless

leader got the biggest victory in decades. The other party - split, riddled with infighting, “supporters” for gating among themselves and blaming their leader for everything had the worst result in a century.

Continued splits will see us fail.

Its not about ignoring our issues, it is about holding your nose and doing whatever you can get climb out of the shithole.

We aren’t doing that at present - we are effectively the Labour Party and we have seen how that ends.

Don't really want to get political but I get your anology.  Thought the opening paragraph of my OP was pretty positive.  In terms of positive signs from yesterday I thought we were much better at winning the ball back yesterday when we lost possession, until we lost the goal.  It was also good to see players playing in their proper positions.  I also feel that Stendel would have learned a great deal from yesterday's game.  The fact that we're still attracting over 16,000 fans to the stadium in such hard times is also a plus.

Think we also need to be honest about our situation to improve it.

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Dear Daniel,

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH)

I doubt he reads kickback

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I doubt he reads kickback

He seems pretty active on social media and given his antics with Barnsley fans, I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

I'm liking stendel's honesty. He just says things as they are. No trying to sugar coat things, like we've had over the past 4 seasons from levein and Budge.

The op proves exactly why getting Craig Levein to introduce him to the club was a masterstroke.

If the op was involved we would still be looking for a manager.

2 hours ago, charlatans said:

His first job on Monday should be to tell Mrs Budge that he wants 2 of his own men in and that Craig Levein should instantly be relieved of all duties and told not to return. He’s set this club back years and him hanging around just makes a mockery of the whole club. 

This is where I'm at. The worse our results get the angrier I feel towards this man. He has set us back years with his failure to go for an appointment based on continuity when Neilson left. Cathro being allowed to rip up the squad was ridiculous. The follow season was a complete waste of time including the absolute charade in appointing himself - aye craig because no one else could have managed the club you ****ing tosspot. Then the arrogant **** continues managing us to successive 6th place finishes with a budget that should be guaranteeing 4th. 

Budge is every bit as culpable for failing to act sooner. Two 6th place finishes back to back (irrespective of the cup runs) is a sign of a squad in decline. He had absolutely no reason to fail in the absolutely spectacular way he appears to have managed which makes this almost impressive. He was given complete authority on the football side - to sign his players, his coaches, his youth system, his scouting system and it has ALL failed. 

The man has balls of absolute steel to continue to draw a wage from the club when it could instead be used to bring in one of Stendels guys to actually fix this - HIS, mess. For his alleged love of the club not doing the decent thing here is speaking volumes. 

I never want to see Craig Levein anywhere near Tynecastle or Riccarton again. 

3 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Dear Daniel,

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH)

Brilliant post, couldn't agree more. Now if Stendel had been able to read this a couple of weeks ago I doubt he would have taken the job.

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps I was too late 

This is where I am too. Its only now I realise how wrong I have been. Levein has destroyed the first team. It's a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Then Hamilton away on Saturday!

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps I was too late 

This is where I'm at.

Kept thinking it'll get better.

Obviously hope rather than good judgement.