Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zlatanable

Post GE2019 - early days

Recommended Posts

jambogaza
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Not really.  Holyrood doesn't have devolved powers for constitutional matters, which is quite rightly reserved to Westminster who cannot have referendums every 4 or 5 years until the nats get the result they want.

 

They government have made it clear they aren't going to give a section 30 order in the next 10-15 years as long as they are in power.  Looking at the state of Labour that looks likey.

 

If that's your idea of democracy, then that is your choice. But it certainly isn't mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogaza

"But none of these arguments will pass muster if the SNP wins the 2021 Scottish Parliament election – the most important there has ever been – with a clear and unqualified manifesto commitment for a second independence referendum.

 

You can’t demand to get Brexit done because voters asked for it whilst demanding that Indyref 2 be continually rejected despite voters asking for it."

 

Andy Maciver, former Scottish Conservatives head of communications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

"But none of these arguments will pass muster if the SNP wins the 2021 Scottish Parliament election – the most important there has ever been – with a clear and unqualified manifesto commitment for a second independence referendum.

 

You can’t demand to get Brexit done because voters asked for it whilst demanding that Indyref 2 be continually rejected despite voters asking for it."

 

Andy Maciver, former Scottish Conservatives head of communications. 

 

You seriously think any government would let you have an Indy Ref while they are undergoing major constitutional change in Brexit?

 

It ain't happening for you, you will have to deal with it.

 

By the time any future section 30 order is potentially granted Brexit will be done and dusted and established.  The nationalists will have to argue amonst many other major gaps in SNP policy how dropping out of the UK and not being part of the EU when you leave isn't going to be an absolute disaster for Scotland.

Edited by frankblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
4 hours ago, jambogaza said:

"But none of these arguments will pass muster if the SNP wins the 2021 Scottish Parliament election – the most important there has ever been – with a clear and unqualified manifesto commitment for a second independence referendum.

 

You can’t demand to get Brexit done because voters asked for it whilst demanding that Indyref 2 be continually rejected despite voters asking for it."

 

Andy Maciver, former Scottish Conservatives head of communications. 

Quoting people like Andy Maciver, and Ben Bradshaw, from the viewpoint of a Scottish nationalist, seems hopeful at best, and helpless at worst.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Quoting people like Andy Maciver, and Ben Bradshaw, from the viewpoint of a Scottish nationalist, seems hopeful at best, and helpless at worst.

 

 

06/04/1320 It's pretty relevant, now England has officially colonised Scotland with the help from the like of you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

06/04/1320 It's pretty relevant, now England has officially colonised Scotland with the help from the like of you.

 

 

 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac49c8d197456be7a50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac49c8d197456be7a50

Is that a home video? That's a bad hat, Frank!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is that a home video? That's a bad hat, Frank!

 

 

:trippin:

 

You are having a mare today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

:trippin:

 

You are having a mare today.

Delusional!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Delusional!

 

Care to elaborate on English colonisation of Scotland?

 

:wtf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Matt Hancock (Health secretary) is scrapping waiting times targets.

This is after waiting times have consitantly gotten worse since the targets were set in 2004.

 

Can't miss a target if the target doesn't exist, right(!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Matt Hancock (Health secretary) is scrapping waiting times targets.

This is after waiting times have consitantly gotten worse since the targets were set in 2004.

 

Can't miss a target if the target doesn't exist, right(!)

 

 

Ah the Tory new world order.

Lie about it or stop counting it so you don't need to lie about it.

 

I see the independent fact check website has also trashed the 34 billion for the NHS announced by Johnson as utter bullshit.

 

Just a few weeks left before the curtain goes up on the biggest lie of them all.

 

Get your bobs in to hear that Brexit bong kids 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ah the Tory new world order.

Lie about it or stop counting it so you don't need to lie about it.

 

I see the independent fact check website has also trashed the 34 billion for the NHS announced by Johnson as utter bullshit.

 

Just a few weeks left before the curtain goes up on the biggest lie of them all.

 

Get your bobs in to hear that Brexit bong kids 👍

 

Research during the election said people knew Boris Johnson and the Conservatives were lying regularly. But were still happy to vote for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
On 15/01/2020 at 11:29, Cade said:

Matt Hancock (Health secretary) is scrapping waiting times targets.

This is after waiting times have consitantly gotten worse since the targets were set in 2004.

 

Can't miss a target if the target doesn't exist, right(!)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Northern regions and cities are to lose about £300million in funding as the Tory government performs a comprehensive spending review.

The money will instead go to local authorities in the Home Counties.

:rofl:

 

Folk never learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Northern regions and cities are to lose about £300million in funding as the Tory government performs a comprehensive spending review.

The money will instead go to local authorities in the Home Counties.

:rofl:

 

Folk never learn.

Do you mean this story?

 

Poorer areas that backed Tories face fresh funding cuts as cash switched to wealthy southern regions

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/austerity-cuts-local-services-boris-johnson-funding-workington-stoke-grimsby-a9301281.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Northern regions and cities are to lose about £300million in funding as the Tory government performs a comprehensive spending review.

The money will instead go to local authorities in the Home Counties.

:rofl:

 

Folk never learn.

In the words of Karen Carpenter.....'we've only just begun'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Friday @ 11pm . Might have a wee cider to celebrate, before I stop for 6 months. That's the target, anyway.

I take it there's a Party in London or somewhere for EU exit day? 

 

If things go tits up for a wee bit, hopefully people go to Boris and co for an explanation and don't turn on one another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Now maybe this isn't the full story but this says some people flooded will get nothing. 

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

Read this morning that Javid is telling govt departments to look at their budgets with a view to taking 5% out.

 

2 months ago they told us it was the end of austerity. 

 

:cornette:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Govt spokesperson confirms that there are government officials seriously working on a bridge between Stranraer and the island of Ireland.

Never mind that it's almost physically impossible and would cost at least £20billion.

The spokesperson refused to say how many people were working on it.

 

Also never mind that vast swathes of the nation are underwater as flood defences have (yet again) failed and there are hundreds of other infrastructure projects that need funding and that the political scene in both NI and Scotland is pushing ever closer to breaking off from the empty shell that is the UK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Cade said:

Govt spokesperson confirms that there are government officials seriously working on a bridge between Stranraer and the island of Ireland.

Never mind that it's almost physically impossible and would cost at least £20billion.

The spokesperson refused to say how many people were working on it.

 

Also never mind that vast swathes of the nation are underwater as flood defences have (yet again) failed and there are hundreds of other infrastructure projects that need funding and that the political scene in both NI and Scotland is pushing ever closer to breaking off from the empty shell that is the UK.

 

Early April fool joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
46 minutes ago, Cade said:

Govt spokesperson confirms that there are government officials seriously working on a bridge between Stranraer and the island of Ireland.

Never mind that it's almost physically impossible and would cost at least £20billion.

The spokesperson refused to say how many people were working on it.

 

Also never mind that vast swathes of the nation are underwater as flood defences have (yet again) failed and there are hundreds of other infrastructure projects that need funding and that the political scene in both NI and Scotland is pushing ever closer to breaking off from the empty shell that is the UK.

 

Don't they have to operate submarines out in those waters? Unless its a 20 mile suspension bridge, I can't see how it could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Don't they have to operate submarines out in those waters? Unless its a 20 mile suspension bridge, I can't see how it could happen.

Well yes there would have to be a very high section for little things like aircraft carriers and oil rigs to get under it.

It's another one of Boris' stupid vanity projects that won't happen.

Distracting from something or other he'll be getting through parliament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Breaking News! The bridge is going to New York. The bestest super duperest Big feck off bridge, Ever!

God bless Donnie and Sandy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

More Breaking News! Naen a these brigs are possible, so we're no daen them.

#FeckingSNP'sfault!

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc

Good record with getting bridges built has oor Boris. Wonder if he’ll stick some potted plants on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Bit of a reshuffle today.

Anybody that has ever spoken against Boris is oot.

A lot of people nobody has ever heard of have replaced them.

Tattie Heid has resigned as chancellor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel

 

Fat Boris talking pish, again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

Latest rising Tory star to be promoted beyond his skill level = Rishi Sunak takes over in number 11 

 

He's one Dom definitely has brainwashed to the project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannie Boy

Rishi Sunak. 

Business career[edit]

Sunak worked as an analyst for investment bank Goldman Sachs.[8] He then worked for hedge fund management firm The Children's Investment Fund Management, becoming a partner in September 2006.[9] He left in November 2009[10] to join other former colleagues at new hedge fund firm Theleme Partners which launched in October 2010 with an initial $700 million.[11][12][13] Sunak was also a director of investment firm Catamaran Ventures owned by his father-in-law Indian businessman N. R. Narayana Murthy.[8][14]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Bit of a reshuffle today.

Anybody that has ever spoken against Boris is oot.

A lot of people nobody has ever heard of have replaced them.

Tattie Heid has resigned as chancellor.

 

All 100% out of the Trump playbook. Ought to be extremely worrying no matter where you fall on the political spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 hours ago, Cade said:

Bit of a reshuffle today.

Anybody that has ever spoken against Boris is oot.

A lot of people nobody has ever heard of have replaced them.

Tattie Heid has resigned as chancellor.

Good on him, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Shocking cull of anyone prepared to have an independent opinion.   Yes men and women installed.    Potato heid has been done up like a Christmas turkey.    Cummings obviously behind the plan of sacking of Potato's staff.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Latest rising Tory star to be promoted beyond his skill level = Rishi Sunak takes over in number 11 

 

He's one Dom definitely has brainwashed to the project. 

 

Indeed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

New Attorney General wants to "use Brexit to take back control, not only from the EU but from the courts"

 

:wow:

 

RIP Rule of Law.

 

Anarchy in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
1 hour ago, Cade said:

New Attorney General wants to "use Brexit to take back control, not only from the EU but from the courts"

 

:wow:

 

RIP Rule of Law.

 

Anarchy in the UK.

 

Also 100% out of the Trump playbook. This is extremely disquieting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Also 100% out of the Trump playbook. This is extremely disquieting stuff.

Not really. Sounds as if they're rightly expecting the Courts and Judges to dispense the law not make it up as they go along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
7 hours ago, JustinT said:

Not really. Sounds as if they're rightly expecting the Courts and Judges to dispense the law not make it up as they go along. 

 

Rhetoric straight out of the GOP playbook for the past 20+ years (viz. "activist judges") which contributed to the poisoned political system that brought about Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
11 hours ago, JustinT said:

Not really. Sounds as if they're rightly expecting the Courts and Judges to dispense the law not make it up as they go along. 

Supreme court only has to interpret political actions and make legal precedents because the UK's constitution is't properly codified and is based mostly on gentlemen's agreements, traditions, accepted conventions and "it's aye been done this way".

If Government and Parliament had actual proper frameworks, the courts would not have to be involved.

But Governments and Parliament don't want legal frameworks.

They LIKE being able to find loopholes and grey areas and the ability to be sneaky *******s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Rhetoric straight out of the GOP playbook for the past 20+ years (viz. "activist judges") which contributed to the poisoned political system that brought about Trump.

You don't half blether some nonsense. Trump was duly lawfully elected because huge swathes of electorates are increasingly growing very tired and very frustrated at the self serving leftists who pollute politics and eventually bankrupt countries. The Scots too will soon have had more than enough of and get rid of the snp who are also self serving and are a one agenda cult.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Supreme court only has to interpret political actions and make legal precedents because the UK's constitution is't properly codified and is based mostly on gentlemen's agreements, traditions, accepted conventions and "it's aye been done this way".

If Government and Parliament had actual proper frameworks, the courts would not have to be involved.

But Governments and Parliament don't want legal frameworks.

They LIKE being able to find loopholes and grey areas and the ability to be sneaky *******s.

The vast majority of the time the courts will act within already established case law and established precedence and are normally very reluctant to making new precedence as it is wide open to all sorts of appeal procedures and can be much more easily overturned. I was actually referring to the Government rightfully taking action to ensure their will as lawmakers is supreme with the judges acting far more in accordance with them and dispensing statutory law in particular neutrally. Specifically the example I had in mind when first commenting would be when the Judges ruled against Boris's proroguing of Parliament literally making up new law and it certainly appeared there was a political bias against the government and towards the EU. Later it was found that most of the Judges involved were indeed pro EU and firmly against Brexit.. The government has every right to seek far greater politically unbiased and pragmatic Judges than certainly was the case during Brexit. 

Edited by JustinT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, JustinT said:

You don't half blether some nonsense. Trump was duly lawfully elected because huge swathes of electorates are increasingly growing very tired and very frustrated at the self serving leftists who pollute politics and eventually bankrupt countries. The Scots too will soon have had more than enough of and get rid of the snp who are also self serving and are a one agenda cult.

 

 

You post a lot of pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, JustinT said:

You don't half blether some nonsense. Trump was duly lawfully elected because huge swathes of electorates are increasingly growing very tired and very frustrated at the self serving leftists who pollute politics and eventually bankrupt countries. The Scots too will soon have had more than enough of and get rid of the snp who are also self serving and are a one agenda cult.

 

 

Tick Tock!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
53 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You post a lot of pish.

I love it when right wing extremists post. :lol:

Outed in less than 10 posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
3 hours ago, JustinT said:

You don't half blether some nonsense. Trump was duly lawfully elected because huge swathes of electorates are increasingly growing very tired and very frustrated at the self serving leftists who pollute politics and eventually bankrupt countries. The Scots too will soon have had more than enough of and get rid of the snp who are also self serving and are a one agenda cult.

 

Bit early to be coming to such a conclusion isn't it, "new member"?

 

How many accounts are you going to create?

 

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I love it when right wing extremists post. :lol:

Outed in less than 10 posts.

 

:indeed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Andrew Sabisky, one of the newly hired "misfits and weirdos" special advisors to Boris, has resigned after his ludicrous world views were exposed:

 

On different races having different IQs:

"There are excellent reasons to think the very real racial differences in intelligence are significantly – even mostly – genetic in origin, though the degree is of course a very serious subject of scholarly debate.

That debate busily bustles on, and I’m sure we’ll have more precise answers in another 5 years or so, though whether the politicians will pay any attention is debatable.

It would be nice if they did from the standpoint of immigration control (in the UK, that is)."

 

On the working class:
"One way to get around the problems of unplanned pregnancies creating a permanent underclass would be to legally enforce universal uptake of long-term contraception at the onset of puberty. Vaccination laws give it a precedent, I would argue."

 

On nationwide mandatory prescriptions for anti-sleep drugs:

"From a societal perspective the benefits of giving everyone modafinil once a week are probably worth a dead kid once a year.”

 

:cornette:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
11 hours ago, Cade said:

Andrew Sabisky, one of the newly hired "misfits and weirdos" special advisors to Boris, has resigned after his ludicrous world views were exposed:

 

 

 


Government appointing right wing trolls and ***** a major story largely ignored by msm

Boris hiding in a fridge while huge swathes of England suffering flooding, not even a COBRA meeting just a newly appointed minister fronting

Cummings engineers the constructive dismissal of the Chancellor of the Exchequer to centralise control n his unelected pocket

We're really living through our own Trump times.

Meanwhile
Where is the report into Russian interference in the Brexit referendum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

UK government handed back a £15million EU payment for flood defences in 2017.

 

This money was awarded to flood-hit areas because the tories cut flood spending by £100milllion when they came to power in 2010.

 

As long as London doesn't flood, they don't give a shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

UK government handed back a £15million EU payment for flood defences in 2017.

 

This money was awarded to flood-hit areas because the tories cut flood spending by £100milllion when they came to power in 2010.

 

As long as London doesn't flood, they don't give a shite.

Aye mate, even folk toiling to afford insurance on their houses due to the risk of flooding.

Flood prevention would drop the insurance price and obviously prevent the flooding.

Some folk dont have flood insurance, shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...