Olly Lee

jamtartally

The Mercer Takeover

Always liked Lee, however he was almost as slow as Cochrane and it is pace that we require.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Unless the question is “Who is a better midfielder than Olly Bozanic”?

I thought Bozanic might fit for Stendel but apart from his energy he’s terrible. Lee, like a lot of players is better when Naismith plays. 

I'm a better midfielder than bozanic!!!! 

16 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Let’s not pretend Olly Lee is any good but **** me I’d take him back just now.

Olly Lee lacks pace, but he can pass a ball, and chips in with a few goals. His performance in the Semi v ICT was excellent for example. Much much much better than Bozanic, Irving, Damour and Whelan (on current form).

12 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Naw he wanted 10 grand a week and was nowhere near worth it.  Has he played yet i that big saudi arabian league??

We are probably paying a player that to have his hamstrings repaired in time for the Scotland games.

6 hours ago, tcjambo said:

We are probably paying a player that to have his hamstrings repaired in time for the Scotland games.

id be astonished if we were paying anybody 10 grand a week. The accounts say 8 million right enough but i think that would be everybody

However we do have about 58 players at the moment........hang on eh is it Vlad that is the benefactor????   and if so can we terminate the contracts of those responsible for this dire states of affairs??

Sweep Sweep!!!

been here before
9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He has 4 goals and 5 assists for Gillingham this season, 6 goals and 12 assists for us last season...

In order to find a way to start winning games, we need to find a way to start scoring goals whether it’s from corners or set plays, or however we do it, we need to start getting goals if we want to start getting points. 

He was bad in the sense that he is not good enough for a team challenging for Europe. But I’d certainly bite your hand off for 6th looking at where we are now. He is definitely better than both Clare and Bozanic at CM 

Stats as ever are shite and fail to tell the whole story...

2 of those goals were against a freefalling going out of business Bolton team made up of tea ladies, S Forms and laddies who work in the car park.

One of the others was a supreme **** up from 2nd choice Sunderland keeper Jon McLauchlin which he saved but then somehow managed to drop the ball through his own legs...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50360664

As for assists then Lee takes the corners and free kicks so really all that proves is he can kick a ball in the right direction which is a basic essential for any professional footballer and someone else scores.

He's pish.

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He has 4 goals and 5 assists for Gillingham this season, 6 goals and 12 assists for us last season...

In order to find a way to start winning games, we need to find a way to start scoring goals whether it’s from corners or set plays, or however we do it, we need to start getting goals if we want to start getting points. 

He was bad in the sense that he is not good enough for a team challenging for Europe. But I’d certainly bite your hand off for 6th looking at where we are now. He is definitely better than both Clare and Bozanic at CM 

6 goals and 12 assist and remember he got dumped out the team for quite a while.12 assist we have barely scored 12 goals this season.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

2 of those goals were against a freefalling going out of business Bolton team made up of tea ladies, S Forms and laddies who work in the car park.

One of the others was a supreme **** up from 2nd choice Sunderland keeper Jon McLauchlin which he saved but then somehow managed to drop the ball through his own legs...

As for assists then Lee takes the corners and free kicks so really all that proves is he can kick a ball in the right direction which is a basic essential for any professional footballer and someone else scores.

He's pish.

Who takes the freekicks and corners that we are getting all these goals from this season ?

been here before
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Who takes the freekicks and corners that we are getting all these goals from this season ?

Just because we're shite it doesnt follow Olly Lee is any good.

The fact that we've no one who can score would make Lees 'assists' even worse. Unless you're telling us that McLean or Wighton would be transformed with Olly Lee taking corners 

Edited by been here before

20 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Zanatta scores today ,,, 

Nice for him that he's doing well in the Championship, he's not good enough for Hearts and never was.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Just because we're shite it doesnt follow Olly Lee is any good.

I think in a different team he would be.I don't think he suits playing in s Stendel team though as the workrate wouldn't be high enough.

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Think people are forgetting how bad Lee was, He's just a slower version of bozanic. 

He did score a few and have a good few assists, something you just can’t see happening from Bozanic 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My view is simple. 

our manager must have all loanees back ASAP - he needs to decide which of our contracted players can do a job as it’s sure as hell clear that his predecessors had just completely lost it.

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

He did score a few and have a good few assists, something you just can’t see happening from Bozanic 

Lee is at least a footballer granted with limitations  Bozanic no where near being a footballer

Just now, Drumjambo said:

Lee is at least a footballer granted with limitations  Bozanic no where near being a footballer

Exactly, I don’t think anyone is saying he’s a world beater but he can make decent forward passes and he is a player that can strike a good ball. Shooting from outside the box for our team seems like it’s beyond most of them. 

24 minutes ago, Darren said:

Nice for him that he's doing well in the Championship, he's not good enough for Hearts and never was.

Never said he f....g was just saying like,,,that he scored !!!!!!

20 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Lee Cochrane McDonald is a better midfield than we have just now. 

Correct

20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Cup final Djoum Haring Edwards. 

Energy,  tactical nous, grit determination and a bit of skill. 

Whelan Bozanic Clare. Gutless pedestrian and clueless 

I would take Edwards back in a heartbeat;  better player than Bozanic and probably well suited to Stendal's style.

On 14/12/2019 at 19:50, Thought Police said:

He won’t want to come back. No point bringing someone back who doesn’t want to be here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/olly-lee-savours-derby-winning-goal-against-hibs-and-speaks-hearts-exit-and-love-club-641763

This article is worth reading to the end.

Our best football last season was with Haring and Lee in midfield. Would be delighted to see that partnership again.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, been here before said:

He's pish.

You sound like a Hearts fan who has been living under a rock, still frustrated about being 5th 6th not getting Europe, failing to realise the here and now, we are currently staring down the barrel of relegation as we cannot buy ourselves a goal and can’t win games. Lee is not the answer on his own, nowhere near, but our lack of goals is fast becoming a pretty desperate situation, so we need to be looking at every possible alternative to our current options. If he came back in January, whips a few corners in to get himself another 5 or 6 assists and 2-3 goals in 20 games which is around what he has been averaging, that could add up to 10 or 12 crucial points for us.

We are currently 28 points from the 40 point “safety from playoffs” mark, to me that seems like Mt Everest with the non-scoring players we have throughout our midfield and forward areas.

been here before
23 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You sound like a Hearts fan who has been living under a rock, still frustrated about being 5th 6th not getting Europe, failing to realise the here and now, we are currently staring down the barrel of relegation as we cannot buy ourselves a goal and can’t win games. Lee is not the answer on his own, nowhere near, but our lack of goals is fast becoming a pretty desperate situation, so we need to be looking at every possible alternative to our current options. If he came back in January, whips a few corners in to get himself another 5 or 6 assists and 2-3 goals in 20 games which is around what he has been averaging, that could add up to 10 or 12 crucial points for us.

We are currently 28 points from the 40 point “safety from playoffs” mark, to me that seems like Mt Everest with the non-scoring players we have throughout our midfield and forward areas.

Your whole reasoning for wanting Lee back is a  reliance on stats that prove nothing and a few 'ifs and maybes'.

You sound like a Hearts fan who thinks living under rocks is good because 99 out 100 of them dont get blown away in a strong wind. And if they do they maybe dont go far.

Statistically speaking obviously.

He's pish.

Edited by been here before