There's a good squad at Hearts

Greedy Jambo

Souttar Haring Naismith and Washington would make a big difference though.

What I would be doing however is recalling MacDonald and Cochrane and putting into the squad with Irvine ahead of Bozanic, Walker and Clare.

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

More crap than good 

Lee was the best player at the club on the ball yet he prefers Clare 

We are dreadful 

Didn't rate Lee at all but i'm starting to think we should recall him, that's how desperate it's getting. 

Edwards was full of energy as well. Not a great footballer but would help us right now. 

Yes there is. It’s the mentality that’s rock bottom and useless. It’s the mentality that’s been created from the old manager down that’s the problem. No standards. No attention to detail. Just make and excuse and move on, week after week. Lower the bar not raise the standard. It kills confidence and that’s what we see now. The squad is more than capable, goal keepers aside. 3 years with no real idea of style or identity of play. Formation changing weekly. Players changing weekly. 3 times in 3 years we’ve played back to back starting 11’s. Square pegs round hole mentality and champ man management. Focusing on not losing and doing the negative side of the game. No passion from anyone on the touchline. That’s our problem. 

The players have been a disgrace, there is no getting away from that. They have been allowed to tho and you can’t blame them for taking advantage of that. The vision from above hasn’t been there and when the people at the top haven’t a clue, that filters to the players. Naismith never made the squad again today yet Jamie Brandon is made to play last week even tho he was carrying a knock. One rule for one and another rule for someone else. We’ve all worked in work places this has happened and know that pisses people off. Place has been allowed to become a shambles. 

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What I would be doing however is recalling MacDonald and Cochrane and putting into the squad with Irvine ahead of Bozanic, Walker and Clare.

👍Totally 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Didn't rate Lee at all but i'm starting to think we should recall him, that's how desperate it's getting. 

Edwards was full of energy as well. Not a great footballer but would help us right now. 

Thought at the time it was a really poor decision to get rid of Edwards. Not a brilliant player, but someone who would give you effort as a minimum

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Thought at the time it was a really poor decision to get rid of Edwards. Not a brilliant player, but someone who would give you effort as a minimum

Levein didn't have a clue what he was doing. 

Got rid of all the legs in the team and bought bog standard players and old folk. 

Arthur Morgan

Ironically Edwards would be the exact type of player Stendel would love to work with. He would be one of our best players if he was still here. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

24 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Yes nothing in the middle do agree these 2 not great but better than anything we have at present 

Toxteth O'Grady
32 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Let me know when Souttar Harring Naismith and Washington play together. 

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

How many threads are you going to start saying the same thing fella? We’re shite. We get it. 

Some folk don't get it.

I take your point though. Time to de-stress and stick a pie in the oven. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Some folk don't get it.

Many threads is that you've started today?

Lonely?

44 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Naw there isnae.

Even this utter shite will see youre lot of on Boxing Day , even in our darkest days we own the wee team 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Many threads is that you've started today?

Lonely?

Ha, nice to hear from you again. 

Where have you been?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ha, nice to hear from you again. 

Where have you been?

Same place I'm going now. This place is embarrassing today.

Bridge of Djoum

Driving range?

Nah, raining. 

Going back to the couch, watch more West Wing and open a bottle of something. 

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Some folk don't get it.

Enjoy. If, like me you froze yer arse off watching that mince again today you’ve earned it. That’ll teach me to look forward to a game. Back to the impending doom feeling for Celtic now

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah, raining. 

Going back to the couch, watch more West Wing and open a bottle of something. 

Mate, the whole point of a driving range is that it doesn't matter if it's raining. There's a roof!

No sure about west wing, You need a bottle of something though. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mate, the whole point of a driving range is that it doesn't matter if it's raining. There's a roof!

No sure about west wing, You need a bottle of something though. 

Some have roofs, some don't. My closest one doesn't and I cannot be arsed driving half an hour today. I'd rather watch the best show made and drown my misery in something. Have a nice Merlot staring at me right now, giving me serious ''open me'' eyes.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Some have roofs, some don't. My closest one doesn't and I cannot be arsed driving half an hour today. I'd rather watch the best show made and drown my misery in something. Have a nice Merlot staring at me right now, giving me serious ''open me'' eyes.

No roof and yer having to drive for 30 minutes to get there? They're not making it easy for you. 

Merlot? bloody hell. I thought my life was shit. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

No roof and yer having to drive for 30 minutes to get there? They're not making it easy for you. 

Merlot? bloody hell. I thought my life was shit. 

Yours may well be. Mine is pretty good.

Anyone with their heed pot the sand knows it's poor

Piss poor 3 years to get to this

All about staying up and finally moving ourselves forward

Not much holding onto either shit or injury prone

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yours may well be. Mine is pretty good.

You don't come across as someone that is enjoying life to be fair. 

Bridge of Djoum

You don't come across as someone that is enjoying life to be fair. 

Says the boy starting multiple threads because there is no one else to talk to in his life.

I'm out, pal. Enjoy your day. 

Ever since we got rid of juanma for sammon we have been on a path of getting rid of players that are 'not good enough' and replacing them with a poorer quality player. 

Take away 8 or 9 players and a few youth our squad is honking.     3x goalies, bozanic clare mulraney maclean damour dikamona wighton walker whelan have done nothing.  Far too many passengers that should be nowhere near gorgie

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I honestly don't believe they would. I'm not overly convinced by Washington. Lots of running around etc but no end product. Naismith has been mince of late and you can see he's struggling to finish a match. I think like Whelan his legs are going. Souttar and Haring have been out for so long that I'm not sure they'll return the same players they were prior to their injuries. 

New players are required. Young players. Not has beens like Naismith demanding high wages on 4 year deals.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Yes there is. It’s the mentality that’s rock bottom and useless. It’s the mentality that’s been created from the old manager down that’s the problem. No standards. No attention to detail. Just make and excuse and move on, week after week. Lower the bar not raise the standard. It kills confidence and that’s what we see now. The squad is more than capable, goal keepers aside. 3 years with no real idea of style or identity of play. Formation changing weekly. Players changing weekly. 3 times in 3 years we’ve played back to back starting 11’s. Square pegs round hole mentality and champ man management. Focusing on not losing and doing the negative side of the game. No passion from anyone on the touchline. That’s our problem. 

The players have been a disgrace, there is no getting away from that. They have been allowed to tho and you can’t blame them for taking advantage of that. The vision from above hasn’t been there and when the people at the top haven’t a clue, that filters to the players. Naismith never made the squad again today yet Jamie Brandon is made to play last week even tho he was carrying a knock. One rule for one and another rule for someone else. We’ve all worked in work places this has happened and know that pisses people off. Place has been allowed to become a shambles. 

Can't disagree with much of this,,,

I think after today our new manager will be saying to himself its going to be harder than I thought with this lot but seriously we need ASAP a goal scorer .

Just now, Gorillajam said:

I honestly don't believe they would. I'm not overly convinced by Washington. Lots of running around etc but no end product. Naismith has been mince of late and you can see he's struggling to finish a match. I think like Whelan his legs are going. Souttar and Haring have been out for so long that I'm not sure they'll return the same players they were prior to their injuries. 

New players are required. Young players. Not has beens like Naismith demanding high wages on 4 year deals.

Let’s no be silly.

Souttar would play beside Halkett which means no Berra.

Haring would replace that impersonation of a player in Bozanic.

Naismith would do what he does and drag, nip and moan his way through the players around him.

Washingtons running would suit the high press tactic perfectly. Which in turn would create space for others.

No idea when they’ll be fit but those 4 would make a huge difference to the team that started today.

To suggest otherwise does yourself no favours.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Let’s no be silly.

Souttar would play beside Halkett which means no Berra.

Haring would replace that impersonation of a player in Bozanic.

Naismith would do what he does and drag, nip and moan his way through the players around him.

Washingtons running would suit the high press tactic perfectly. Which in turn would create space for others.

No idea when they’ll be fit but those 4 would make a huge difference to the team that started today.

To suggest otherwise does yourself no favours.

Fair points made. The team is still in need of some major surgery. 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Peter Haring is the biggest single difference to this team and we need him back or a replacement for the utter dross we are currently deploying in the midfield asap.  Undoubtedly missing Soapy at the back as well since he is the only CH capable of playing a pass to feet on the ground.  Naismith seems to be made of glass these days and Washington would definitely improve the options up front.
Empty Bozanic, Whelan, Clare, MacLean, Bobby, Meshino, Keena, Walker McPhee, Daly, Fox and Levein pronto.  Not likely to get rid of Damour any time soon (he is the latest edition of Malaury Martin ilk) nor Doyle (how we gave him a year extension is beyond comprehension) and probably a myriad of other imposters on the playing staff.
Priorities are GK, one or two CH/FB. Ball winning CM and at least one creative MF plus a proven attacking RM/LM.  Also need to find a proven CF or to provide 'chances' for the mediocrity currently in the squad.
In over 34 years of following Hearts this current team are the worst I have ever seen.  No confidence, no leaders, no goals, no passion, no effort, no desire and no fight whatsoever.  Absolute garbage and Daniel Stendel has an enormous task on his hands

18 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Says the boy starting multiple threads because there is no one else to talk to in his life.

I'm out, pal. Enjoy your day. 

Yer no out, yer still reading these posts cos you're lonely. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

How many threads are you going to start saying the same thing fella? We’re shite. We get it. 

I think there are people who just have this thing about starting threads. And this one in particular was taking it to silly levels. On a forum already littered with threads many of them needless starts yet another thread and has 3 words to say.

Get's even more comical when you note that the title was longer than the post which apparently needed yet another thread.

Bazzas right boot

Compared to the other squads I disagree. 

However, we have 3/4 players that are simply not good enough. 

Also Had a lot of key players out. 

We have a better squad than at least 6 of the other teams, possibly 8.

We do lack focus, balance and cohesion tho. 

We are a poor "team" currently tho and that is what matters. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Let me know when Souttar Harring Naismith and Washington play together. 

Don’t know if anyone else picked this up or heard the same but in one of Stendels interviews earlier in the week he said that he would wait for some of the injured players to return, and that would give more quality, but then at the very end said if they did return.

It might have been the language barrier but I picked up that he meant that maybe 1 or more wouldn’t return 

assuming he meant naisy, sooty, haring and Washington as the players who Are out injured and would add immediate quality 🤔

Didnt two disastrous league cup campaigns teach Budge anything?  There may be good players there but the coaching of them has bern absolutely inept.

Simply can't fathom how the two Ronnie's were allowed to stay and utterly astounded that they're still with us.

You have let us down massively Mrs budge.

It will take DS a good few games to see what he can salvage from the wreckage.  Around 6 of them good enough I would guess.

20 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Peter Haring is the biggest single difference to this team and we need him back or a replacement for the utter dross we are currently deploying in the midfield asap.  Undoubtedly missing Soapy at the back as well since he is the only CH capable of playing a pass to feet on the ground.  Naismith seems to be made of glass these days and Washington would definitely improve the options up front.
Empty Bozanic, Whelan, Clare, MacLean, Bobby, Meshino, Keena, Walker McPhee, Daly, Fox and Levein pronto.  Not likely to get rid of Damour any time soon (he is the latest edition of Malaury Martin ilk) nor Doyle (how we gave him a year extension is beyond comprehension) and probably a myriad of other imposters on the playing staff.
Priorities are GK, one or two CH/FB. Ball winning CM and at least one creative MF plus a proven attacking RM/LM.  Also need to find a proven CF or to provide 'chances' for the mediocrity currently in the squad.
In over 34 years of following Hearts this current team are the worst I have ever seen.  No confidence, no leaders, no goals, no passion, no effort, no desire and no fight whatsoever.  Absolute garbage and Daniel Stendel has an enormous task on his hands

Ive been going 29 years and this is the worst ive seen.    With the 4 main injuries back i think we will be okay but we have been waiting on players coming back from injury since october 18.

We need players with pace and width, a goalscorer. A new central midfield.  Cover for all positions.    To think levein still takes a wage for the mess he has left us in.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Don’t know if anyone else picked this up or heard the same but in one of Stendels interviews earlier in the week he said that he would wait for some of the injured players to return, and that would give more quality, but then at the very end said if they did return.

It might have been the language barrier but I picked up that he meant that maybe 1 or more wouldn’t return 

assuming he meant naisy, sooty, haring and Washington as the players who Are out injured and would add immediate quality 🤔

To me that's actually pretty much the key thing. Everyone outside the OF is shopping in the same typically league 1/2 freebie market which makes for a more or less even playing field.

The only difference between the rest and those who have something of a financial advantage such as Hearts and the sheep is a sprinkling of players who have some actual quality. When that sprinkling is taken out you're then no better than the rest.

Hopefully January signings, if not can see something along the lines of this after loan recalls: 

Gordon (hopefully happens in January, new goalie priority Number 1). 

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

McDonald Haring Cochrane Walker

Washington Naismith

Subs:
Uche
Brandon
Whelan 
Damour
Meshino 

?

Cheerio to the rest and if he gets new players slot them into starting 11 and shuffle as required.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

To me that's actually pretty much the key thing. Everyone outside the OF is shopping in the same typically league 1/2 freebie market which makes for a more or less even playing field.

The only difference between the rest and those who have something of a financial advantage such as Hearts and the sheep is a sprinkling of players who have some actual quality. When that sprinkling is taken out you're then no better than the rest.

I wonder if he meant that we won’t get all 4 back ? Sooty, Haring and Washington should be fine but do you think he meant Naisy ?