Rallying call from Stendel. Need the fans help.

Armadale Jambo

Armadale Jambo

On BBC sportsound Stendel just asked for patience and support from the fans. Whilst today was rank rotten, I understand where he is coming from. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leginten

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Rods

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When there are spineless players and some utterly shite ones, then there is no quick fix. Thankfully January is almost here, but Budge will need to provide a lot of funds to fix this mess.

New captain needed also.

Dont blame him for today in the slightest, poor guys had 4 days to stop a full years worth of rot. Could see what he wanted us to do at the start but the players reverted to type at the first sniff of danger. CL has left us in a horrendous mess

We are utterly abysmal.

The man needs time but he also needs his own guys in as backroom staff. It's going to be a long long winter thats for sure.

I really want to support this guy but I’m no sure I can stomach that again! Last week and this week has really taken its toll on me! £29 to watch Sean f****** Clare and Bozanic and Zlamal is not even close to value for Money!! I’ll go back after the year when he’s had a chance to get rid of the absolute charlatans signed by that f***** idiot Levein! I’ve never known such an uninspiring Hearts team! We have nothing!!.....Nothing! 

I'm sure he would have been surprised by how hostile the atmosphere was - but every game the fans support the team from the start, right up until it becomes clear that we're going to be served up the same disgraceful kind of performance we've been seeing for over a year. The players need to give the fans something to be positive about. 

8 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I'm sure he would have been surprised by how hostile the atmosphere was - but every game the fans support the team from the start, right up until it becomes clear that we're going to be served up the same disgraceful kind of performance we've been seeing for over a year. The players need to give the fans something to be positive about. 

True.  Those insipid players and their insipid performances just suck the life out of you and gradually make you angry.

Edited by Le Chat

Just now, Morgan said:

There is no way at all that Daniel can be held responsible for today.

100% agree but neither can the fans and he needs to be careful to not make it worse by suggesting we're not giving enough. The only people not giving enough are the disgraceful squad of players that our previous shambolic management team were allowed to sign.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Absolutely not. 

The man needs his own backroom staff and a couple of decent players in January. Fingers crossed he gets what he wants between now and the end of next month. 

Just now, Taffin said:

100% agree but neither can the fans and he needs to be careful to not make it worse by suggesting we're not giving enough. The only people not giving enough are the disgraceful squad of players that our previous shambolic management team were allowed to sign.

Yes, bang on, Taff.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Absolutely not. 

The man needs his own backroom staff and a couple of decent players in January. Fingers crossed he gets what he wants between now and the end of next month. 

Yep, January requires a bigger window than Buckingham Palace has!

6 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

True.  Those insipid players and their insipid performances just suck the life out of you and gradually make you angry.

The good news for Stendel is that most of us are just resigned to this pish now - the anger was games ago.

He needs to be able to bring in his own coaches as this squad are going to need taught how to play football again and that is more than a one man job.

Levein, McPhee, Daly and Fix to leave the building pronto please.

Take the hit Ann as it will cost us more in the long run.

30 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I take it no one has informed him that Ann Budge has killed the atmosphere. 

No the shit football under Levein killed the atmosphere!!

I get his point, but if patience means losing home and away to the worst team in the league then we’ll be relegated before things get better.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He needs to be able to bring in his own coaches as this squad are going to need taught how to play football again and that is more than a one man job.

this, but we need to clear out that squad as well

Ex member of the SaS

Stendel has a big job on his hands. First off he needs to train the players to kick a ball, then once they have mastered the rudimentary kicking, he needs to train them to kick it in the direction of a team mate.

Twice we had a " shot" from distance that went miles past the post. Surely when all you do all day is kick a ball, you can at least get it to go where you want it to go.

49 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Dont blame him for today in the slightest, poor guys had 4 days to stop a full years worth of rot. Could see what he wanted us to do at the start but the players reverted to type at the first sniff of danger. CL has left us in a horrendous mess

Except he has not left has he?  Still lingering around.  It would be better if he had left.

The fact that levein is still there is an outright scandal.  

That's on you Dr Budge.  What are you playing at.

Stendel has a massive task and fully deserves our support but asking people to stump up at an expensive time of the year is a very big ask.

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Absolutely , it’s 100% leveins fault 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Stendel has a big job on his hands. First off he needs to train the players to kick a ball, then once they have mastered the rudimentary kicking, he needs to train them to kick it in the direction of a team mate.

Twice we had a " shot" from distance that went miles past the post. Surely when all you do all day is kick a ball, you can at least get it to go where you want it to go.

:laugh: The sad thing is you're right. They've lost the ability to perform the basic requirements of a professional footballer. 

Ann put an end to any sort of atmosphere in the ground. 

If he's relying on the fans to turn these guys into football players, he's ****ed. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The fact that levein is still there is an outright scandal.  

That's on you Dr Budge.  What are you playing at.

Stendel has a massive task and fully deserves our support but asking people to stump up at an expensive time of the year is a very big ask.

Sadly tho Doug if or when he does go , this plaque on the New Main Stand will always remind us he was here .

9B9480BA-25BA-4901-B503-5475A28C0560.jpeg

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

couldn’t agree more. 

39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The fans aren’t giving enough, no support, no encouragement, it’s like a morgue 

He is right though he needs our backing.

He has to go with the players he has at the moment and thats unfortunate. In the short term lets get behind everyone that plays in maroon.

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Bang on.

He’s already seen through them. Pay them off, get them out of the club and let him bring in his own men.

They’ve all caused enough damage.

Unfortunately, I have zero confidence in Budge doing so.

We are in a dogfight. Yet more inaction or delaying could cost us our place in the league.

Edited by Whatever

Shanks said no
54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Exactly Morgan, airdrie game is when I expect to see something very different 

Please Please stand by this guy give him time 👍🇱🇻

As for the players they deserve to be called out, Levein Macphee Daly I hope your happy with the mess you have left us in, if you had any care for hearts at all you would walk right now and waive the rest of your contracts away. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The most horrible bunch of players I remember in 40 years supporting Hearts.

This. They are all losers.

1 hour ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Agree with all of the above apart from the bit about the hostile atmosphere. Maybe it’s just where I sit in the Gorgie, but there isn’t any hostility. If anything, the atmosphere is too meek and apathetic. We could do with a bit more anger.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It took 11 minutes for the fans to turn on the players again. The fans are as shite as the team just now. 

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It took 11 minutes for the fans to turn on the players again. The fans are as shite as the team just now. 

Two guys just up from me were on Clares back from the second minute.

Quite frankly though there are at least five players out there today who have no business wearing maroon shirts.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As for the players they deserve to be called out, Levein Macphee Daly I hope your happy with the mess you have left us in, if you had any care for hearts at all you would walk right now and waive the rest of your contracts away. 

This! Both parts 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Two guys just up from me were on Clares back from the second minute.

Quite frankly though there are at least five players out there today who have no business wearing maroon shirts.

Same behind me.  Clare started well enough, one misplaced pass "oh, looks Sean Clare's back".  People have players they wait to make mistakes and slaughter them.  

Stendel is right, the fans need to play their part and not get on the players backs from the get go.  He is stuck with them til January and needs to assess them, so there's no point hammering individuals.

Aaron Hickey showed he wants to play offensively, he tried to play cross balls and push our game in front and he’s the youngest player on the pitch. This is a sign for everyone to take note, that the youngest player on the pitch played with the most bravery.”

Quote from his post match. Very telling.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We started quite well and you could see a bit more energy but we needed a goal at that point, Levein however has left us with a team with no reliable goal scoring strikers. 

No one can blame Stendel for that and we should all get behind him in the difficult task he faces. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Same behind me.  Clare started well enough, one misplaced pass "oh, looks Sean Clare's back".  People have players they wait to make mistakes and slaughter them.  

Stendel is right, the fans need to play their part and not get on the players backs from the get go.  He is stuck with them til January and needs to assess them, so there's no point hammering individuals.

I actually thought that Clare had a reasonable first half - he was certainly far from the worst.  It’s becoming pretty obvious though that wholesale changes are needed though and it might well take the manager two windows to effect real change. He has to make getting a competent keeper a priority though.  Bobby is a nightmare.

1 hour ago, red said:

I really want to support this guy but I’m no sure I can stomach that again! Last week and this week has really taken its toll on me! £29 to watch Sean f****** Clare and Bozanic and Zlamal is not even close to value for Money!! I’ll go back after the year when he’s had a chance to get rid of the absolute charlatans signed by that f***** idiot Levein! I’ve never known such an uninspiring Hearts team! We have nothing!!.....Nothing! 

I agree that to come in and see these players as deserving of first 11 choice is quite worrying. Bring in the youth who have no fear

GorgieRules22

Sick of people having a pop at the fans, these ****in imposters get paid good money to do the grand sum of ****all yet were to support that ???

Cant stand this current lot !!

29 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The most horrible bunch of players I remember in 40 years supporting Hearts.

Gutless Spineless shower of absolute losers. I really wonder what Mr Stendel made of that showing today. He must be wondering what he has got himself into. Unless Budge is going to tap into her purse and pay off some of this bunch I fear we could suffer for years to come. Sad times. 

29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolutely spot on.

He’ll get plenty of time from me. The season is a write off, due largely to Ann Budge and Craig Levein. Hopefully he’s supported in January to at least do some business. He’ll need to spend a lot of time working with this set of players.

The problem we have is we’re in a dogfight to avoid relegation. That isn’t conducive to being able to experiment with different players and formations.

Edited by Whatever