IPTV Suggestions

invernessjt

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I have SKY fibre BB and use IPTV on an Amazon Firestick.

It stopped working last month or so due to the "big 5" clamping down so I got Surfshark VPN and this worked well for the last few weeks.

Now I cant even connect to any servers in Surfshark and so my IPTV isnt working.

Is this SKY blocking my Surfshark VPN now?

Anyone else have these issues?

It stopped working last month or so due to the "big 5" clamping down so I got Surfshark VPN and this worked well for the last few weeks.

Now I cant even connect to any servers in Surfshark and so my IPTV isnt working.

I'm wit BT and use surfshark with no issues. Doesn't look like BT are blocking it, at least.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• hughesie27

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• Mr Sifter

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Check your sky shield isn’t activated. That blocks connection to VPN’s. 

Edited by jack D and coke

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Check your sky shield isn’t activated. That blocks connection to VPN’s. 

I just tried and the ****s wont let you!

When you select "Disable Shield" it tells you that you wont be protected from sites trying to fraudulently obtain your personal information or access your device without permission. And then it greys out that option so you cant actually select it.

It then goes onto to say "Choose 18 (Suitable for adults only) and we'll block any harmful phishing or malware sites, but you'll se everything else.

That probably includes VPN or IPTV

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke

When you select "Disable Shield" it tells you that you wont be protected from sites trying to fraudulently obtain your personal information or access your device without permission. And then it greys out that option so you cant actually select it.

It then goes onto to say "Choose 18 (Suitable for adults only) and we'll block any harmful phishing or malware sites, but you'll se everything else.

Oh sneaky stuff that...😬

Edited by jack D and coke

luckyBatistuta
37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh sneaky stuff that...😬

You’ve really got to hate Sky. One of the most satisfying things I’ve done telling them to poke it.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’ve really got to hate Sky. One of the most satisfying things I’ve done telling them to poke it.

:lol: I’d be on to them for this tbh saying I need vpn for my Banking etc and if they didn’t let it connect I’d try find ways to get out of the contract. 

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: I’d be on to them for this tbh saying I need vpn for my Banking etc and if they didn’t let it connect I’d try find ways to get out of the contract. 

Too right, it’s not illegal. I’d want it in writing why they’re stopping me.

13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I told them to ram their TV package but unfortunately, I still have about 6 months of BB left on my contract.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

I told them to ram their TV package but unfortunately, I still have about 6 months of BB left on my contract.

They have to be breaking their terms and conditions doing this. It can’t be legal.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’d be on to them tbh mate. You need vpn for work or some bullshit and if they don’t sort it id be telling them I’m breaking the contract somehow and that you’re going to look into leaving immediately. See what they say anyway. 

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d be on to them tbh mate. You need vpn for work or some bullshit and if they don’t sort it id be telling them I’m breaking the contract somehow and that you’re going to look into leaving immediately. See what they say anyway. 

Defo, I don’t think they have a leg to stand on. No way that’s in their terms and conditions.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Defo, I don’t think they have a leg to stand on. No way that’s in their terms and conditions.

Thats me connected to surfshark. They have a ticket helpdesk type system on their app and a nice lady talked me

through various things on the sky website. I then had to delete the surfshark app on my Amazon firestick and reinstall it again. Working now. Should get the game the morns night now 👍

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats me connected to surfshark. They have a ticket helpdesk type system on their app and a nice lady talked me

through various things on the sky website. I then had to delete the surfshark app on my Amazon firestick and reinstall it again. Working now. Should get the game the morns night now 👍

👍🏼

On 23/11/2020 at 14:29, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm wit BT and use surfshark with no issues. Doesn't look like BT are blocking it, at least.

I can't get anything with surfshark now at all and I'm with bt. Without vpn its over 100mb. Turn surfshark on and I can't get higher than 0.5mb on any server. It used to be fine aswell. 

Also got a long list of stuff to try with reuter settings but haven't done that yet. Wonder if all isps are starting to clamp down 

Edited by reidyq

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 minutes ago, reidyq said:

I can't get anything with surfshark now at all and I'm with bt. Without vpn its over 100mb. Turn surfshark on and I can't get higher than 0.5mb on any server. It used to be fine aswell. 

Also got a long list of stuff to try with reuter settings but haven't done that yet. Wonder if all isps are starting to clamp down 

I just watched the Hearts game with surfshark on, I didn't have any problems. Used Munich as my location.

Heartsmad1874
39 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I just watched the Hearts game with surfshark on, I didn't have any problems. Used Munich as my location.

Can you still get Hearts TV on IPTV? Only see 'Scottish Premiership' as an option for Scottish Football :(.

29 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can you still get Hearts TV on IPTV? Only see 'Scottish Premiership' as an option for Scottish Football :(.

Some can some can't. A poster a few up might be able to help you out. He can 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You get just about everything, even Hamilton TV.

26 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

You get just about everything, even Hamilton TV.

Had east Fife tv the other week aswell for the cup game 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, reidyq said:

Had east Fife tv the other week aswell for the cup game 

I'm hoping Saturday's game will be on, too.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Aye its there.

Heartsmad1874

It's not on mine :(. Use Tempest on my Firestick, Only shows Scottish Premiership clubs channels :(.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

15 hours ago, reidyq said:

Same here. Seems to be a problem with Firesticks. On my PC as long as I connect to a nearish country like Ireland or France it maintains the signal.

36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Same here. Seems to be a problem with Firesticks. On my PC as long as I connect to a nearish country like Ireland or France it maintains the signal.

I put Surfshark on a mates firestick last night, he is with BT, did a speedtest before VPN- he was getting 73 odd MBs, turned on VPN pointing to Frankfurt and he got 142MBs I couldnae believe it man

3 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I put Surfshark on a mates firestick last night, he is with BT, did a speedtest before VPN- he was getting 73 odd MBs, turned on VPN pointing to Frankfurt and he got 142MBs I couldnae believe it man

The speedtest when the VPN was on is a reflection of the speed between the VPN server and it's internet connection - not the speed of your mate's BB link.

3 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The speedtest when the VPN was on is a reflection of the speed between the VPN server and it's internet connection - not the speed of your mate's BB link.

True. A good reason to keep it on all the time then, IPTV allowing.

3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

True. A good reason to keep it on all the time then, IPTV allowing.

Other than privacy then no! 

It doesn't offer any increase in bandwidth on his line.

22 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Other than privacy then no! 

It doesn't offer any increase in bandwidth on his line.

Worth keeping on to stop all these cursed blocks during EPL/CL games 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, arfurdaley said:

If anyone could recommend a decent IPTV provider, a PM would be appreciated 👍 Cheers

You can’t receive PM’s mate

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

Is it worth getting a firestick and investing in IPTV?

100% mate. Even my parents are considering it and they are technophobes. 

Heartsmad1874
4 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

Is it worth getting a firestick and investing in IPTV?

I done it in July because Virgin wanted £100 to move my box. Robbing *******s, had a firestick lying around and got it set up. It's had a few problems with blocks but still much better than Sky/Virgin.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance on these matters but I've been considering using a VPN to try to watch football without paying clubs who shafted us.

I have an old Amazon firestick but, TBH mostly watch the football on me laptop whilst Mrs is watching telly. If I get a VPN will this be enough to get me access to some streams or do I need something else.

I used SportsMania on Kodi years ago but then that became useless

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Excuse my ignorance on these matters but I've been considering using a VPN to try to watch football without paying clubs who shafted us.

I have an old Amazon firestick but, TBH mostly watch the football on me laptop whilst Mrs is watching telly. If I get a VPN will this be enough to get me access to some streams or do I need something else.

I used SportsMania on Kodi years ago but then that became useless

@jack D and coke

he will sort you out with everything you need mate. 

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Thanks bud. Messaged him and need a newer Firestick to kick off

I bought the 4K one at Argos for £50 but keep and eye on amazon as they alway do a sale and sell them for £30 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

I bought the 4K one at Argos for £50 but keep and eye on amazon as they alway do a sale and sell them for £30 

Does it make a difference if yer telly ain’t 4k

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Does it make a difference if yer telly ain’t 4k

No. It just means if you can stream in 4k if you are able to.

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

No. It just means if you can stream in 4k if you are able to.

Cheers. Literally clueless when it comes to this stuff

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Cheers. Literally clueless when it comes to this stuff

It turns your TV into a smart TV. You can get iPlayer and itv, channel 4 equivalents. You can also stream dodgy streams (like the Morton game) on your TV, too. Plus the IPTV add-ons and cinema hd for films and box sets.

My mate messaged his IPTV provider on Saturday to ask where on the TV menu would he find the Morton v Hearts stream and he replied "The comedy Channel" :gok:

Is it possible to get a firestick with all the required gubbins like a VPN built in? i want one that I just stick into the back of my telly and it's good to go, no techno wizardry required.

If so who do I need to contact? Who's in the know?

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Is it possible to get a firestick with all the required gubbins like a VPN built in? i want one that I just stick into the back of my telly and it's good to go, no techno wizardry required.

If so who do I need to contact? Who's in the know?

I pretty much do this for a lot of folk however it's only as good as the current apps work. And whenever something goes a bit wrong you would have no idea of how to troubleshoot it.

For example my IPTV provider has 2 or 3 apps you can use and new/updated ones are usually out 2 or 3 times a year with older apps retired.

It's a pretty straightforward process to install, just a lot of steps. My provider has a guide on their Facebook page with screenshots showing exactly what buttons to press to get set up.

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I pretty much do this for a lot of folk however it's only as good as the current apps work. And whenever something goes a bit wrong you would have no idea of how to troubleshoot it.

For example my IPTV provider has 2 or 3 apps you can use and new/updated ones are usually out 2 or 3 times a year with older apps retired.

It's a pretty straightforward process to install, just a lot of steps. My provider has a guide on their Facebook page with screenshots showing exactly what buttons to press to get set up.

And do they supply the firestick with a built in VPN or do you have to get that yourself?

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

And do they supply the firestick with a built in VPN or do you have to get that yourself?

No you just buy that yourself. My provider doesn't require a VPN anymore.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

For a VPN, it shouldn't be any more difficult than it is adding an app to your phone. Surfshark or ip vanish are listed in the Amazon app store, you just download the one you want, then pay for it.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo