Ian McCall

Brauhauser2012

8 hours ago, number witheld said:

Agreed. I actually normally like listening to McCall but he seemed as if his nose was out of joint about something. Maybe he or a pal close to him got overlooked. 

Think your spot on, that one of his mates was not given the job

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

When I watched Scotland v Lithuania in 2007, I saw Scotland and Scottish fans and media for what they were. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6987026.stm

Self-serving, scared, racist, insular, weak, dishonest, I could go on. 

Scotland will always be a part of Glasgow.  Haven't felt like Scotland is me since. 

I’d be inclined to go with this viewpoint as well.

have not actually listened to the sportsound this thread centres around but it doesn’t matter as it’s more the fact what you’ve just said is true.

listened a few weeks ago to their open all mics and it was post match and they had an interview with Alessio the Kilmarnock manager. Interview conducted in as near perfect English as you could hope for and the first thing Gordon comes out with “he doesn’t even need the translator” and giggles and sneers, never mind the reporter speaking REA-LLL-Y SL-OW-LY and dumbed down at him.

It’s the same point as Emery (Allegedly) made recently regarding his “good ebening” thing, he’s come to a foreign country and made a decent grasp of speaking a different Language to his own, are all the people slating him (or stendel or alessio) fluent in Spanish or whatever the mother tongue is of country’s they go to? Course not

our last 5? Managers have been scottish and nearly half of the top flight is managed but northern Irishmen but appointing a German? Oh its the end of the world as we know it

10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It was Richard Cadette otherwise known as Space

Thats the chap. Considered googling but cba. Bbc level reporting from me there!!! No doubt had it been an OF player, I'd have got it right.

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

When I watched Scotland v Lithuania in 2007, I saw Scotland and Scottish fans and media for what they were. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6987026.stm

Self-serving, scared, racist, insular, weak, dishonest, I could go on. 

Scotland will always be a part of Glasgow.  Haven't felt like Scotland is me since. 

The majority of Scottish fans who attend Scotland games don’t come from Glasgow. If you’re having a go at fans, then include the whole country as described in your second paragraph.

Big bag o shite of course but Just saying Glasgow gets you off the hook ?

Nope, sorry.

millerjames398
14 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I did my work experience at Falkirk while he was a player there. He was horrible.

Kevin Cadet had just left and the racist crap that came from McCall about him was disgusting. In front of me, a 14 year old he never knew.

Stark contrast to big Yogi, who was brilliant.

Ive never had the misfortune of meeting McCall, but met rich cadette before the falkirk v Inverness final a few years back, in the queens park bowling club, and he was a totally sound guy, and looked well embarrassed when the falkirk fans started chanting his name.

And yogi and Ross wilson took time out there day to attend my mates grandpa funeral, then the wake back at their stadium, good people, even for a hibby bassa😂🇱🇻

18 hours ago, Bozi said:

The other thing that bothers me is the whole "I don't know anything about him" patter.

I am not involved in football but 5 weeks ago I wanted Hearts to go for this guy, I had heard about the job he did at Barnsley, I knew the type of football he played and I knew it would be perfect for the way we want to see Hearts play.

They are all so myopic and ingrained in the goldfish bowl that they are terrified whenever someone from "outside" comes I to the game. Remember how Sergio toyed with the media, he seen them for what they were 

Off the Ball on BBC Scotland prides itself on being "petty and ill informed" it has nothing on BBC Sportsound,  sadly.

20 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Another weegie wannabe. 

Born in Dumfries but has the put-on weegie accent. Another one seduced by the pish through there. 

So was I but now sound more South Morningside....

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Off the Ball on BBC Scotland prides itself on being "petty and ill informed" it has nothing on BBC Sportsound,  sadly.

That’s the joke. A comedic, micky-taking program presented by a stand up comic actually delivers better and saner football analysis than the BBC’s flagship scottish football show, and has a tagline better suited to the supposedly serious programme.

Said it for a while, Stuart Cosgrove should be given a brief of overhauling all Scottish football coverage. He’s the best domestic broadcast producer, and general ideas man we have, as well as being a good football

pundit and presenter.

21 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

You’d think with his team second bottom of the Championship he’d have bigger things to concern him. 

How is he even relevant .

22 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Anything to defend the old boys club and try and get one of their mates a gig.

Pathetic from all concerned and those who give these guys a way of broadcasting their opinions.

Got to remember, they gave Jim Traynor a voice for years. I don't know who is in charge but I'd expect to be unimpressed.

Fort Vallance

Watched him getting off the Ayr team bus last season. Couldn't believe the state of him, dying for a fag as soon as he got off. Absolute tramp. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Watched him getting off the Ayr team bus last season. Couldn't believe the state of him, dying for a fag as soon as he got off. Absolute tramp. 

"Unkempt" would you say? Inform Speirs immediately. 

On 12/12/2019 at 17:24, ToqueJambo said:

That’s the joke. A comedic, micky-taking program presented by a stand up comic actually delivers better and saner football analysis than the BBC’s flagship scottish football show, and has a tagline better suited to the supposedly serious programme.

Said it for a while, Stuart Cosgrove should be given a brief of overhauling all Scottish football coverage. He’s the best domestic broadcast producer, and general ideas man we have, as well as being a good football

pundit and presenter.

Stuart Cosgrove hates Hearts too

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stuart Cosgrove hates Hearts too

I've honestly never heard him saying a good thing about Hearts. If he has I must have been out that day.

On 12/12/2019 at 21:03, Fort Vallance said:

What made him an ‘absolute tramp’?

The Hogfather

It was particularly interesting to hear him question Daniel Stendels lack of a track record in football. Especially when you consider how many European Cups that speccy ******* has lead his team to over the years.

Fort Vallance
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

What made him an ‘absolute tramp’?

Too big trackie bottoms trailing along the ground, worn trainers. Is that enough for you ?

Edited by Fort Vallance
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Too big trackie bottoms trailing along the ground, worn trainers. Is that enough for you ?

S’pose so.

The cigarette is what would have clinched it for me.

scott herbertson
On 12/12/2019 at 17:24, ToqueJambo said:

pundit and presenter.

Top bloke

Did a session at our Book Festival last year and was excellent and very generous to boot

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ian McCall? The fat hun that manages in the Scottish Championship? :rofl:

9th in the championship no less  😂.

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

9th in the championship no less  😂.

Amazing. What a brass neck to be talking about others.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:08, millerjames398 said:

Ive never had the misfortune of meeting McCall, but met rich cadette before the falkirk v Inverness final a few years back, in the queens park bowling club, and he was a totally sound guy, and looked well embarrassed when the falkirk fans started chanting his name.

And yogi and Ross wilson took time out there day to attend my mates grandpa funeral, then the wake back at their stadium, good people, even for a hibby bassa😂🇱🇻

Big Yogi Hughes is one of only a very few Hibby's I have any time for. I remember him when he was Hibs manager and was having a laugh with Hearts fans leaning on the barrier next to the dugout. Nae hassle, nae bother. Met him once a few years ago now and he was down to earth and open for a blether. As for McCall, never really liked him, there's something about him that gets ma goat, no idea what.

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Big Yogi Hughes is one of only a very few Hibby's I have any time for. I remember him when he was Hibs manager and was having a laugh with Hearts fans leaning on the barrier next to the dugout. Nae hassle, nae bother. Met him once a few years ago now and he was down to earth and open for a blether. As for McCall, never really liked him, there's something about him that gets ma goat, no idea what.

is it because he makes two short planks look like a super computer?

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

is it because he makes two short planks look like a super computer?

A Spectrum48 at the very least.

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

lol. Which one? Yogi or McCall?

haha, had McCall in mind but applies to both. TBF to Yogi I quite like him even though he's no fan of ours...

BangkokHearts
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

What's the collective noun for paraffin lamps ? 

A Tic of Tramps.

A Hibs of Hobos.