Ian McCall

Brauhauser2012

Brauhauser2012

Having read his recent criticism of our audacity to appoint a manager outwith the motherland, anyone else think this guy is a bit disingenuous considering the origins of recent Ranger and Celtic managers where the same critique was not applied.

number witheld
2 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Having read his recent criticism of our audacity to appoint a manager outwith the motherland, anyone else think this guy is a bit disingenuous considering the origins of recent Ranger and Celtic managers where the same critique was not applied.

Agreed. I actually normally like listening to McCall but he seemed as if his nose was out of joint about something. Maybe he or a pal close to him got overlooked. 

7 of the top league teams are managed by non Scots but he doesn’t mention that , to be fair he’s probably best known for shitting in Jim Duffys shoes , best ignored 

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

7 of the top league teams are managed by non Scots but he doesn’t mention that , to be fair he’s probably best known for shitting in Jim Duffys shoes , best ignored 

It was Simon stainrods shoes 😂

Listened last night on bbc, they were all at it .

willing Danny to fail , how does Robbo or Mccann no get the Joab likes?

whoever got it I would back ,but the levels of seethe a hearts is ridiculous.

Seems to be annoyed that we never appointed John Robertson, now I love Robbo  he is a true legend but his time to manage Hearts has come and gone. We need a good young manager who is progressive, determined and not going to shite it when the old firm come calling.

In Stendel I think we have been ambitious and got a man that most clubs would love to have 

Sexton Hardcastle

Anything to defend the old boys club and try and get one of their mates a gig.

Pathetic from all concerned and those who give these guys a way of broadcasting their opinions.

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Was it no Simon stainrods shoe ?💩🥾

24 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Hypocrite.  How many Scottish managers in the Premiership?

St Midden - N Irish

St Johnstone - N Irish

Killie - Italian

Motherwell - N Irish

Sevco - Scouse

Celtic - N Irish

Hibernian - Scottish

Hamilton - Scottish

Livingston - Scottish

Aberdeen - Scottish

Ross Co - Scottish

I suppose the argument will be that only Killie and now Hearts have non-UK managers.

Head of to the games and make your own minds up guys and gals.

We've entered a new era and the proof will be in the pudding over the next week or 3. 

I'm excited. 

The other thing that bothers me is the whole "I don't know anything about him" patter.

I am not involved in football but 5 weeks ago I wanted Hearts to go for this guy, I had heard about the job he did at Barnsley, I knew the type of football he played and I knew it would be perfect for the way we want to see Hearts play.

They are all so myopic and ingrained in the goldfish bowl that they are terrified whenever someone from "outside" comes I to the game. Remember how Sergio toyed with the media, he seen them for what they were 

6 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

His constant use of the term ‘provincial club’ when talking about non-old firm teams grinds my gears. 

Correct ! Airdrie and Falkirk,,,and that type are provincial,,, hearts etc city club,,,, gets on my tits too,,,,ignorant type ......!!!

As manager of another club in Scotland he has absolutely no right to be commenting on our affairs. Not only that but his comments come across as pretty bigoted. The best man got the job Ian. You want a better job? Maybe start doing better you utter clown.

SFA need to put a stop to this kind of thing. Managers/ Players doing media work shouldn't be allowed to comment on other clubs. Its really unprofessional IMO. Boyd on Cathro was why bringing the game into disrepute was invented. 

5 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

His constant use of the term ‘provincial club’ when talking about non-old firm teams grinds my gears. 

Me too it doesn't register with these thick b******s that provincial means outside of a capital but then again they hate that Glasgow isn't the capital

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

It was Simon stainrods shoes 😂

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It was a 50/50 choice 😂😂

He's white, he's blue

He shit in Stainrod's shoe

Ian McCall

Ian McCall

number witheld
4 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Why was that irrelevant failure’s opinion even asked for?

Cos it was his turn on sportsound and guests get asked topical questions. 

alwaysthereinspirit
35 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Thank god we dodged that bullet. 

Ignore me I'm an idiot. Thinking of the wrong McCall. I dont even know this one.

Another weegie wannabe. 

Born in Dumfries but has the put-on weegie accent. Another one seduced by the pish through there. 

Edited by Debut 4

I did my work experience at Falkirk while he was a player there. He was horrible.

Kevin Cadet had just left and the racist crap that came from McCall about him was disgusting. In front of me, a 14 year old he never knew.

Stark contrast to big Yogi, who was brilliant.

He said.. ‘what does good fit actually mean, I don’t know what that even means’ when asked of stendels suitability for Hearts, after the usual rant about who is this guy what track record does he have he said ‘Robbo would be an ideal fit’ so a really Ian you did know what it meant ya fud!

Edited by Rudy T

48 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Seems to be annoyed that we never appointed John Robertson, now I love Robbo  he is a true legend but his time to manage Hearts has come and gone. We need a good young manager who is progressive, determined and not going to shite it when the old firm come calling.

In Stendel I think we have been ambitious and got a man that most clubs would love to have 

Leaving aside we love him and he's a club legend.

A point being made was Stendel hasn't achieved anything. Well the same as Robbo in a lot less time. One promotion. 

22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He said.. ‘what does good fit actually mean, I don’t know what that even means’ when asked of stendels suitability for Hearts, after the usual rant about who is this guy what track record does he have he said ‘Robbo would be an ideal fit’ so a really Ian you did know what it meant ya fud!

If those so called expert pundits provided an underlying reason, or logical basis to back up their opinion then it might be worthy of analysis, particularly when  they themselves have failed abysmally in the management field. Instead of focusing on the  negatives why not spell out the obvious failings of the domestic coaches prompting as Ann Budge pointed out that we needed to try something different. A bit self examination from McFadden and Caldwell on their own short lived management career would not go amiss.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

The guy is a bitter tramp.

His opinion on anything Hearts related is so irrelevant it's not even worth mentioning.

Was he even interviewed? Probably just bitter after finding out his application was fed into the shredder.

1 hour ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

You’d think with his team second bottom of the Championship he’d have bigger things to concern him. 

Spot on mate! 

WoolfordsHearts

I remember when the wee fud was newsworthy and done interviews with a baseball cap on advertising some diddy building outfit everytime he was on screen.

I'm showing my age.😄

Thick as ****. 

There’s a reason that in his supposedly illustrious career he’s overqualified to get a team relegated from the Premiership.

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Is he the squinty eyed, lispy blether?

I think you sum him up nicely.

2 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Many years ago people were touting him for the Rangers job. Shame. :) 

Richard Dawkins
2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Provincial - meaning out with the capital. Therefore Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen et al. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leaving aside we love him and he's a club legend.

A point being made was Stendel hasn't achieved anything. Well the same as Robbo in a lot less time. One promotion. 

Stendel has achieved 2 promotions.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I did my work experience at Falkirk while he was a player there. He was horrible.

Kevin Cadet had just left and the racist crap that came from McCall about him was disgusting. In front of me, a 14 year old he never knew.

Stark contrast to big Yogi, who was brilliant.

It was Richard Cadette otherwise known as Space