Expectations

Faron90

It's only natural when a new manager is appointed that fans expect a big change. Obviously even more so in this situation but I think we're going to have to be careful not to expect too much too soon. Being it down to money or the fact there's already too many coaches we haven't been able to bring in his desired people and I'm scared this may have an effect on how quickly he can get his point across to the players . 

Edited by Faron90

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Main thing over the next six months is to make sure relegation isn’t an issue. Then he gets to the summer and can properly rearrange everything.

I have no immediate expectations. I just want to see us producing a better product on the park, winning more games, and moving up the table. As long as we see that improvement, and are not involved in a relegation dogfight, Daniel can take his time as far as I am concerned. Of course, getting into the top six before the split would be good, so I hope that he targets this and goes on to achieve it. If he does that, I'll be happy enough. Next season I want to see us cooking with gas though.

40 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He’s going to need time to sort out the carnage that his predecessor left in his wake. I hope we as a support grant him that time.

And yet he's still here.

Gordon Ramsay

Well now that dumb and dumber are confirmed as still being here for the forseeable my expectations are to narrowly escape the drop. 

Honestly if the fans see a marked change in attitude on Saturday I think that is a huge start - players who give all can be forgiven.

Short term - attack more, show some passion and high workrate.

Medium term - score more, win more. Some players who have been written off looking like new signings. Some of the dross sent away in Jan. The youngsters get their confidence back.

End of season - Memories of the past 3 years fading. Fans happier. In and around midtable plus a cup run. Some enthusiasm for next year.

6 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Honestly if the fans see a marked change in attitude on Saturday I think that is a huge start - players who give all can be forgiven.

Short term - attack more, show some passion and high workrate.

Medium term - score more, win more. Some players who have been written off looking like new signings. Some of the dross sent away in Jan. The youngsters get their confidence back.

End of season - Memories of the past 3 years fading. Fans happier. In and around midtable plus a cup run. Some enthusiasm for next year.

:greatpost:

His only brief should be to steer us out of relegation. I dont think pretty football will do that and doubt we have the personel anyway. It will be next season before we can judge him and on those he brings in, which wont  be easy as we have several not good enough under contract and using up valuable wages. Hes a brave man but let's all get behind him 

Scottish Cup win, beat the Hibees every time, finish third or he can GTF!! Failing that - I'll settle for avoiding the drop and anything above 10th is a bonus. Happy to back him to the hilt through what is going to be a very difficult five months for him.

I'm hoping that for a start he can lift the players to a win on Saturday against St J. After that enough of an improvement to keep us out of the relegation zone. A huge achievement would be top 6 but I'm not holding my breath. Next season to kick on once DS has had time to put his mark on things. It's tragic that imo the season's practically written off before Christmas although a decent improvement might make a good cup run possible. What's the chances of the same luck as last year with the draws.

Phil D. Corners

I’m interested to see how good he really is. 

I’m hearing good things about him and curious if he can make an instant impact and really bring the team up a level. 

I remember when JJ came in I instantly enjoyed the games a lot more compared to squeaky bum time games under Csaba.

I'm not expecting too much this season, we need to give the lads time to adjust to the managers new game plan. Next season I'd like to see us compete for a European qualifier spot. 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

My Granny could have is playing better than we have been under the clowns Levein and McPhee. 

Expectations usually relate to the future.

Folk like you, living in the past, should find another thread.

N Lincs Jambo

I’m very much looking forward to the impact Stendel could have. Six games ago, around the time both us and the vermin sacked our managers, they were below us in the league. New manager in, four wins one draw and one defeat and they are comfortably top six. That’s the sort of impact I’m hoping DS will have with us.

Just now, N Lincs Jambo said:

I’m very much looking forward to the impact Stendel could have. Six games ago, around the time both us and the vermin sacked our managers, they were below us in the league. New manager in, four wins one draw and one defeat and they are comfortably top six. That’s the sort of impact I’m hoping DS will have with us.

It would be good but the festive fixtures are tough, no doubt about it.

Four home games undefeated and we really could be on to something !

N Lincs Jambo
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

It would be good but the festive fixtures are tough, no doubt about it.

Four home games undefeated and we really could be on to something !

It’s about building momentum Boab starting Saturday. I know nobody expects us to get anything from the Celtic game but that was the case 2 years ago too. I agree about the four home games undefeated, that would be superb.

My only expectations are that he keeps us up this season and that it may not be until january before we start seeing his ideas and philosophy being implemented. If he can get it in to them for Saturday so much the better

A minimum of Mr Stendel running a comb through that atrocious unkempt barnet of his. He's bringing the club league whole county into disrepute as it is...

PhoenixHearts

My immediate expectations are to beat St Johnstone, and to look convincing with an inspired team choice and strategy.

Hopefully we can get something from Celtic. With the situation we're currently in, I'd be over the moon with a point. We need to beat Hamilton and we have to take full points off Hibs and Aberdeen at home.

It's a big task, but hopefully coming out against St Johnstone with a new approach and mentality can give us some momentum heading in to the winter break.

We have a great opportunity to make up some ground here. I know the players so far haven't given us much to hope for or shown that they're in any way capable of climbing the table, but we have to believe they can turn it around.

I'd hope we can take no less than 10 points from the 15.

12 if we can click. Okay, maybe 13. Now I'm just being unrealistic.

We could though....

And not that I care about what Hibs are up to, but their next 4 games are away to Celtic, Rangers at home, a Tynecastle derby and a tricky away game at Livi.

And we have a game in hand. Table could tell a very different story come the New year.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Well now that dumb and dumber are confirmed as still being here for the forseeable my expectations are to narrowly escape the drop. 

Why? They wont have anything to do with the first team? 

Edited by MacPhee

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

My Granny could have is playing better than we have been under the clowns Levein and McPhee. 

Levein McPhee are the worst managers in this league there is no doubt about that 

Have we got the worst squad most definitely not it is the 3/4 best squad in the league 

So let me get this right.  If we don’t start winning immediately it isn’t Stendel’s fault, it’s Levein and MacPhee’s fault?  However, if we start winning immediately, it’s all down to Stendel?

Here’s an idea, let’s forget about Levein and MacPhee altogether and support the guy in the dugout regardless of the next few results?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Levein McPhee are the worst managers in this league there is no doubt about that 

Have we got the worst squad most definitely not it is the 3/4 best squad in the league 

It’s better than our league position and I think Stendel will demonstrate that soon enough. 

Some successful new managers have an immediate bounce, others need a game or two to see exactly how bad things are before fixing it.

Hopefully for you guys it'll be the former.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Faron90 said:

It's only natural when a new manager is appointed that fans expect a big change. Obviously even more so in this situation but I think we're going to have to be careful not to expect too much too soon. Being it down to money or the fact there's already too many coaches we haven't been able to bring in his desired people and I'm scared this may have an effect on how quickly he can get his point across to the players . 

I dont expect big chance quickly but I do expect players to play for there places or be dropped. No favourites, in the team on merit alone.

After january is when we will see more of what stendel is trying to do. We just need to pick up as many points in december as we can to break out of the bottom of the table pack to ease the pressure.

4 hours ago, Faron90 said:

Top 6 and a cup run is best we can expect. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Why? They wont have anything to do with the first team? 

😂 

Do you still believe in Santa as well? 

17 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

😂

Do you still believe in Santa as well? 

I don't like the route you're going down here, Santa is real. 🎅🎅🎅

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

My immediate expectations are to beat St Johnstone, and to look convincing with an inspired team choice and strategy.

Hopefully we can get something from Celtic. With the situation we're currently in, I'd be over the moon with a point. We need to beat Hamilton and we have to take full points off Hibs and Aberdeen at home.

It's a big task, but hopefully coming out against St Johnstone with a new approach and mentality can give us some momentum heading in to the winter break.

We have a great opportunity to make up some ground here. I know the players so far haven't given us much to hope for or shown that they're in any way capable of climbing the table, but we have to believe they can turn it around.

I'd hope we can take no less than 10 points from the 15.

12 if we can click. Okay, maybe 13. Now I'm just being unrealistic.

We could though....

And not that I care about what Hibs are up to, but their next 4 games are away to Celtic, Rangers at home, a Tynecastle derby and a tricky away game at Livi.

And we have a game in hand. Table could tell a very different story come the New year.

Nae pressure then Daniel.   I'd hate to see your Christmas list....  🙂 

I really hope Anne sanctions a move for his own men as although I don't mind McPhee in the background all the other clowns can get tae....  it cant be much fun for him on his own without his trusted sidekicks. Scraping top 6 and a good cup run would be a result considering where we are now. But most importantly a change in style and attitude is a must.

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

I really hope Anne sanctions a move for his own men as although I don't mind McPhee in the background all the other clowns can get tae....  it cant be much fun for him on his own without his trusted sidekicks. Scraping top 6 and a good cup run would be a result considering where we are now. But most importantly a change in style and attitude is a must.

Stendel doesn't seem to be objecting to this temporary situation so why are people on here getting worked up?

It would seem there is some obstacle that is going to be resolved soon and it could even relate to the availability of his coaches.

I'm getting angrier by the minute about the SD announcement.  For that sole reason I'm not prepared to judge him until his predecessors are right out the door.

I do accept that he may be comfortable with the arrangement but I'd be vastly happier if his two preferred assistants were with him on Saturday.

PhoenixHearts
27 minutes ago, mcGaheyboy said:

Nae pressure then Daniel.   I'd hate to see your Christmas list....  🙂 

Ha.

I'm totally aware of how unrealistic this is, but it's ome of our best chances to climb up. 4 home games, only away to a shite team.

We NEED to take advantage.

That said, the highest we could probably get is about 6th or 7th place, but that could at least set us up in a good spot to pick up from the winter break.

part_time_jambo
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

He’s going to need time to sort out the carnage that his predecessor left in his wake. I hope we as a support grant him that time.

No chance. At least not on here. If he doesn't win the next game some will want him punted.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, skodef said:

And yet he's still here.

Wish someone had mentoned this before. I'm newly outraged.

I think in the short term its about increasing confidence, trying to lift the team and improve morale. Get us through to January and hopefully we can offload the players who can't do what he needs us to do (and hopefully they go quietly without a fuss/ pay off). Then bringing in players he trusts and the coaching staff he needs for at least the next couple of years. 

Can't help but feel that 2 years isn't long enough! 

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Could she, aye?

No like you to keep on about Levein on a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Anyway...expectations.

Get on a cup run, play much better, attacking football, get as high up as we can. Real fun hopefully starts next season. This one is pretty much a write off.