• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Good post. 

You make a very good point about Levein. He has a very high opinion of himself. I highly doubt a man of his own self importance is just going to disappear into the background and help with our youth setup. He will want his finger in as many pies as possible. He has been here from the start of the Budge era and will not quietly slip into the background. 

This whole SD thing with Austin and Levein has really knocked the enthusiasm out of me. We needed a clean break but it will never happen while Budge is in charge. Her faith in Craig will always be a stain on her legacy. 

Bang on! Tragic that her fantastic legacy is tarnished by doing all possible to keep her pal at Tynecastle.

She said a few months ago she would be happy to stay on after the FoH transfer if that was the wish of the majority - that is now in doubt.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Bang on! Tragic that her fantastic legacy is tarnished by doing all possible to keep her pal at Tynecastle.

She said a few months ago she would be happy to stay on after the FoH transfer if that was the wish of the majority - that is now in doubt.

How dare Budge try to maintain some continuity in terms of relationships with clubs like Man City and other things Levein was working on that could benefit Hearts in future, and try for a smooth transition and handover to a new SD, rather than give Levein money for nothing and force the SD to spend valuable time getting up to speed on certain things. How very dare she!

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

How dare Budge try to maintain some continuity in terms of relationships with clubs like Man City and other things Levein was working on that could benefit Hearts in future, and try for a smooth transition and handover to a new SD, rather than give Levein money for nothing and force the SD to spend valuable time getting up to speed on certain things. How very dare she!

File under load ay pish.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought she said McPhee had developed the relationship with Man City? 🤔

As for Mrs B how dare she stand by for months watching our team fail under a failed Manager and do nothing! How very VERY dare she!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As for Mrs B how dare she stand by for months watching our team fail under a failed Manager and do nothing! How very VERY dare she!

Who does McPhee work for, or did? And what was he doing during the Manchester trip? And far from doing nothing, Budge opened the purse strings to try to improve the team and help us cope with our injury crisis. Did she hold on too long? Yes. But maybe then we wouldn't have got Stendel. When was he sacked again? She's a genius (potentially if this works out)!

Edited by ToqueJambo

She never stood back and did nothing, she relieved him of his duties.

Granted she done it when she thought it needed done and not when you did.

Never thought Levein was such a decisive figure for our support, I’m coming round to the fact that Hearts should pay up the contracts of him and all the other coaching staff who have been involved over the last few years. Let the new man bring in his own staff and have him work with the players that are here. As long as Budge was honest with the fans telling them that no money is available in January for player recruitment and in the summer players would have to be released before anyone comes in. Would everybody be happy with that scenario?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who does McPhee work for, or did? And what was he doing during the Manchester trip?

Mrs B clearly stated that McPhee developed the relationship with Man City - FACT.

No idea why Levein was in Manchester - maybe she wanted his “advice” or maybe Mrs B likes his company.

Bridge of Djoum
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m confused. You’re actually saying her “fantastic legacy” is stained and tarnished?

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Never thought Levein was such a decisive figure for our support, I’m coming round to the fact that Hearts should pay up the contracts of him and all the other coaching staff who have been involved over the last few years. Let the new man bring in his own staff and have him work with the players that are here. As long as Budge was honest with the fans telling them that no money is available in January for player recruitment and in the summer players would have to be released before anyone comes in. Would everybody be happy with that scenario?

Sorry divisive 

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who does McPhee work for, or did? And what was he doing during the Manchester trip? And far from doing nothing, Budge opened the purse strings to try to improve the team and help us cope with our injury crisis. Did she hold on too long? Yes. But maybe then we wouldn't have got Stendel. When was he sacked again? She's a genius (potentially if this works out)!

How does she get to be a genius for binning the worst manager in the club's history ? 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

She never stood back and did nothing, she relieved him of his duties.

Granted she done it when she thought it needed done and not when you did.

Not just me - Levein should have gone after the cup final but you already know that.

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’m confused. You’re actually saying her “fantastic legacy” is stained and tarnished?

You're not confused. But you know that. 

Unfortunately yes - you can read can’t you?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mrs B clearly stated that McPhee developed the relationship with Man City - FACT.

No idea why Levein was in Manchester - maybe she wanted his “advice” or maybe Mrs B likes his company.

Unfounded, hateful, bile ridden, bitter laden, pish. 

You dont know why CL was in Manchester but you’ll go ahead and assume the worst and make things up. You must be tumescent someone started a new thread on Craig Levein. You have something to live for, again. 

Bridge of Djoum

Unfortunately yes - you can read can’t you?

Every post of yours I read leads me to the conclusion you genuinely don’t have a clue. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You're not confused. But you know that. 

Haha haha.

hahahaha

hahahaha.

Yeah, I always label fantastic things stained and tarnished. 

Back you you go on the irrelevant troll stool, sport.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Every post of yours I read leads me to the conclusion you genuinely don’t have a clue. 

Thanks for sharing that - I’ll file it away under “more BoD drivel”.

annushorribilis III

You dont know why CL was in Manchester but you’ll go ahead and assume the worst and make things up. You must be tumescent someone started a new thread on Craig Levein. You have something to live for, again. 

Quite. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Haha haha.

hahahaha

hahahaha.

Yeah, I always label fantastic things stained and tarnished. 

Back you you go on the irrelevant troll stool, sport.

Only one troll on here tonight. 

9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Not if it meant relegation, no.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not just me - Levein should have gone after the cup final but you already know that.

No matter how many times you say that it won't change the fact that she said she would give him the first round of fixtures.

Guess what? She did.

Bridge of Djoum

Thanks for sharing that - I’ll file it away under “more BoD drivel”.

Mate, when your opinions are guesses and based on **** all bar hatred, you’re an irrelevance. 

The boy CL has utterly rag-dolled you. 

What did I make up - I said I had no idea why he was in Manchester. It is entirely plausible Mrs B had him there for “advice” or she indeed likes his company.

I also confirmed that Mrs B confirmed in her recent statement that McPee had developed the contacts with Man City.

So I respectfully suggest you don’t post “unfounded, hateful, bile ridden, bitter laden, pish” when I have merely stated factual comments. Thanks

Bridge of Djoum

What did I make up - I said I had no idea why he was in Manchester. It is entirely plausible Mrs B had him there for “advice” or she indeed likes his company.

I also confirmed that Mrs B confirmed in her recent statement that McPee had developed the contacts with Man City.

So I respectfully suggest you don’t post “unfounded, hateful, bile ridden, bitter laden, pish” when I have merely stated factual comments. Thanks

Factual comment number 1...

”I don’t know”.

Jesus **** , another thread descends into pish ,  amazing how much vitriol is spouted by people at “arrogant , self important people” without a hing of irony.

and that proved to be a massive mistake!

Hindsight mate, nobody has that gift and there's no point saying "but it was obvious" without hindsight it wasn't.

annushorribilis III

If she's guilty of anything it's misguided loyalty, this "close personal relationship" stuff is childish nonsense. 

Why was her loyalty misguided ? 

Just now, graygo said:

If she's guilty of anything it's misguided loyalty, this "close personal relationship" stuff is childish nonsense. 

I am not suggesting anything sleazy here - but the fact is Budge looks on Levein as a close friend, trusts him and relies on him for advice.

Now there should be nothing wrong with that but in the cut throat football business that type of relationship can prevent difficult decisions being made.

I am not suggesting anything sleazy here - but the fact is Budge looks on Levein as a close friend, trusts him and relies on him for advice.

Now there should be nothing wrong with that but in the cut throat football business that type of relationship can prevent difficult decisions being made.

Your point would hold more weight except for one thing, she has made the difficult decision.

annushorribilis III

He's nitpicking - he knows exactly what you mean but picks an argument on a literal interpretation. 

He says she was misguided in her loyalty - would love to know what that means. 

annushorribilis III

Your point would hold more weight except for one thing, she has made the difficult decision.

Again, you know what he means : that loyalty delayed the decision. But you choose to nitpick. 

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

He's nitpicking - he knows exactly what you mean but picks an argument on a literal interpretation. 

He says she was misguided in her loyalty - would love to know what that means. 

I'm not nitpicking, their relationship has been questioned many times on here.

And show me where I said she was misguided in her loyalty.

Eh??? She did not make “the difficult decision” until the team was right in the shit! That is the point.

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Again, you know what he means : that loyalty delayed the decision. But you choose to nitpick. 

You're doing your best to pick a fight tonight, even going as far as telling posters what they really mean.

Eh??? She did not make “the difficult decision” until the team was right in the shit! That is the point.

No, my point is that she did make the difficult decision. It was because the team was right in the shit that she made it.

Park your hurt mate, she never did it when you wanted her to and that must hurt your feelings. I get it.

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Come on bud the team under Levein had been struggling for nearly a year under him. The writing was on the wall and it was only her close personal relationship with him that prevented her taking action months ago.

That coincides with when the injuries took hold.

We were top of the league before then.

PS - That is not supporting CL but merely stating FACT!

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

the fact is he is the worst manager in our history isn’t he ? With one of the highest budgets afforded to a manager here, with the best facilities in our history, and the highest crowds in recent decades.

He has put us in this mire through incompetence, pissing money down the drain on any players he took a fancy to, and continued to spunk money on giving Ridiculously long huge deals to players that were big risk (I do exclude Naismith). He was responsible for Cathros appointment , so adding it all up I fail to see anything other than total and utter failure.

whilst we had a great start last season let’s not kid ourselves on here. It wasn’t exactly the same as the Burley era. 

I certainly do not hate the man, but if anybody performed like him in my workplace then I’m sorry they would be out. It’s worrying that Ann Budge (who I wholeheartedly support (Levein aside) and am thankful for) sees fit to give him this role , wether it’s for another 6 months or more. 

Time will tell, but as far as I can see after the euphoria of our new manager , to come out and tell us this is only going to put immense pressure on the squad , new manager, and future ST sales etc. He appears to have some unhealthy hold over her despite the devastation he has caused.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the fact is he is the worst manager in our history isn’t he ? With one of the highest budgets afforded to a manager here, with the best facilities in our history, and the highest crowds in recent decades.

He has put us in this mire through incompetence, pissing money down the drain on any players he took a fancy to, and continued to spunk money on giving Ridiculously long huge deals to players that were big risk (I do exclude Naismith). He was responsible for Cathros appointment , so adding it all up I fail to see anything other than total and utter failure.

whilst we had a great start last season let’s not kid ourselves on here. It wasn’t exactly the same as the Burley era. 

I certainly do not hate the man, but if anybody performed like him in my workplace then I’m sorry they would be out. It’s worrying that Ann Budge (who I wholeheartedly support (Levein aside) and am thankful for) sees fit to give him this role , wether it’s for another 6 months or more. 

Time will tell, but as far as I can see after the euphoria of our new manager , to come out and tell us this is only going to put immense pressure on the squad , new manager, and future ST sales etc. He appears to have some unhealthy hold over her despite the devastation he has caused.

It's good that you acknowledge the great start to last season which BTW was not as good as the Tommy Walker era either.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

To be fair shes not made the difficult  decision .. the difficult decision would-be to have removed him from the club completely ( I'm no saying she's got it wrong bit that would be the real difficult decision)

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

To be fair shes not made the difficult  decision .. the difficult decision would-be to have removed him from the club completely ( I'm no saying she's got it wrong bit that would be the real difficult decision)

Fair point, although removing him as head coach was still a difficult decision for her by the looks of it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It’s good that you’ve pointed out that we had injuries because it’s never been mentioned in the past

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Not if it meant relegation, no.

I agree, I was  trying to point out the Possible financial implications from sacking all the coaching staff at once. The same people who want rid of Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox and Budge ASAP would then be up in arms when we’re skint.  Levein has already been removed from first team duties and hopefully the coaching staff can be restructured between now and the end of season to assist our new manager, in the best way he sees fit to get us up the league and start afresh next season. 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hope your right. You think he’ll be gone in the summer and I think there’s a big chance he’ll be SD.

Yeah, I’m aware of the joint SD’s role. To make myself clear, I’m just not that happy that every single person responsible for our current state is still at the club. All know each other and presume like each other and our new manager has arrived, on his own. It just doesn’t sit right with me at all.

They don’t all like each other, Dal and Fox barely acknowledge each other for example.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Great post, you just can’t rule out her giving him another role at the club. It shows she doesn’t realise how much of our support want him away from the club, even though he’s cost us a fortune in attendances alone this season already.