Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Aye but Levein and MacPhee are still interfering and he’s having to work with Daly and Fox as his assistants. Anyone who doesn’t agree is deluded etc. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Delighted with today’s developments. Over the moon that Stendel is making his mark so early.  Hopefully things continue in the same way. 

Me too! 👍

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50778706

Stendel revealed that he will work with reserve coach Andy Kirk and goalkeeping coach Paul Gallacher but that Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly and Liam Fox will not be part of his first-team backroom staff.

MacPhee had been standing in as interim manager for the past six matches but he, as well as Daly and Fox, will "have different tasks in the future".

Suck it up Franny.

As I said I hadn't seen this before I posted. Good news as I have since posted. 

So don't really think I have anything to suck up.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As I said I hadn't seen this before I posted. Good news as I have since posted. 

So don't really think I have anything to suck up.

Did you ever consider waiting more than one day after Stendel was appointed before jumping to conclusions about the makeup of his coaching team?

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did you ever consider waiting more than one day after Stendel was appointed before jumping to conclusions about the makeup of his coaching team?

Of course not. Can’t miss any apparent reason to complain and criticise. 

Edited by soonbe110

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

29 pages triggered by one misleading headline. Has to be some sort of record.

They’ll probably claim it was their outrage that forced the backroom staff decision. Just like Budge appointed Stendel because someone on JKB suggested it. 🙄

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein is still here, still has some vague role and will no doubt have an influence with AB that far exceeds his role. 

Couldn’t care less about the rest of them tbh

See if we look hard enough and imagine obsessively enough,   there's bound to be a bogeyman lurking under the bed.   There has to be.   Surely.    It's probably Levein.

:sob:

20 hours ago, Rods said:

So Stendel has emptied Levien's men and folk are somehow believing Levein is still in charge am I getting this right? 

Sounds like to many are believing what they here over the road and turning it into gospel. My suggestion is turn it in and support the team.

The main change perhaps reviewing things and advice she has taken from the likes of Walter Smith (and the Sportsound pundits) is that the manager is the key role. Also the sort of thing Jim Jefferies has said. 

No longer a head coach too.

We've heard for years people complaining that the role of the manager has been undermined by other people having a say. So maybe now we're going back to the manager being the main man. In which case you would clearly appoint the manager first. 

Which we have. 

Who is appointed Sporting Director is of course interesting. The fact it seems we are letting Stendel settle in first is also significant. Perhaps he will have a say on who it is.

It's a total change. It seems. 

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein is still here, still has some vague role and will no doubt have an influence with AB that far exceeds his role. 

Couldn’t care less about the rest of them tbh

I hear you but tbh a few of my own worries about the set up have been resolved. My main issue was all 4, Austin, Craig, Daly and Fox still at the club while Daniel arrived on his own. The fact he seems to like Kirk and has moved Daly and Fox to the side is a hugely positive thing.

Nelly Terraces
20 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

A few red faces in our support this morning.

Really? The only red face should be Budges as she still pays not one, not two, not three, but FOUR employees who have effectively been sacked or demoted from their roles for being complete failures in previous roles.

Costing how much I wonder? 

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Really? The only red face should be Budges as she still pays not one, not two, not three, but FOUR employees who have effectively been sacked or demoted from their roles for being complete failures in previous roles.

Costing how much I wonder? 

Unfortunately you have to pay them either upfront or until their contract ends.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 09:25, Gimme an H... said:

Surely you realise that we can't just "remove" people from their jobs without paying them off in some way?

To pay off CL, AM, JD and LF would cost a fair whack.

Surely that should all be sorted before you sack the manager, it’s ludicrous they remain at Tynie, never heard another example of that anywhere. DS job almost impossible without his own team, are we to believe after he removed AM from his role that he is going to be behind DS? I think not