Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Generally I'd agree and I'd be fine with Levein staying on. Two years of injury-plagued football under-performance and some poor signings during one of our most turbulent periods doesn't cancel out his other qualities for me. But like I say there's a real air of negativity and a worryingly large number of ejects with pitchforks around Tynecastle these days, and he's sort of the catalyst. You'd hope with better football and results, people will just forget he's there mind you.

Turbulent? 

The last two years have been probably amongst the most serene in most people’s living memory. The only turbulence has been the bit for which Levein was responsible for. 

However I do believe good results will make us forget about him so hopefully that is where we will be come May*

*cue Levein front and centre of the cup parade bus 😁

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So what? Any business person asks people they trust for advice. Good business people take advice and make their own minds up. Mrs Budge to a T 

she has asked many ‘experienced ‘ football people about our structure and manager. She hasn’t done everything she was advised to do. She took the inputs and made her own decision. 

Good business people to not ask advice from an employee they have just sacked!

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If he doesn’t the Levein lovers will be out in force after hiding behind having a go at fans, on here, that know what needs to be done. Ann Budge is fudging what needs to be done. How she ever made her fortune beats me because anybody who is not up to the job and harms the company by making decisions that put the company in danger should be sacked.

Levein is guilty.

McPhee is guilty.

Daly is guilty.

Fox is guilty.

Murray is guilty.

All this lot are guilty of gross incompetence and are still employed thanks to Ann Budge.

All these comments are my opinion and many others I’d bet.

If you think I’m bang out of order just challenge me and put your own comments on where you think I’m wrong.

Good luck with that.

Mitch if you read my posts then you will know that I agree with you.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Turbulent? 

The last two years have been probably amongst the most serene in most people’s living memory. The only turbulence has been the bit for which Levein was responsible for. 

However I do believe good results will make us forget about him so hopefully that is where we will be come May*

Well it sounds like he helped persuade Stendel to come here so he can join in the parade.

Was more meaning since admin - recovery from admin, new stand, playing at Murrayfield, pitch  problems, unprecedented injuries. Hardly serene at all. Massive issues on and off the pitch. Yeah, definitely disappointing not to push on the last two years. I personally think injuries played a huge part and feel a bit sorry for Levein after that start he made last season.

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m sure he has. Watched our last three games so opinions will already be firming up. Couple of his favourite players at Barnsley last season moved on but neither move has worked out. They are both in positions we are desperate for reinforcements so hopefully loan deals in January are already being discussed. . 

Hopefully we have some of our players moving on either permanently or at worst on loan.

8 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Soon be 10 ,the hearts kickback ire towards Levin is tame compared to the wider hearts support .believe me

He won’t 😏

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Turbulent? 

The rapid decline of the club on the park has been painful to watch. Not sure id use that word to describe the period to be fair but each to their own!

Edited by Mort

The Old Tolbooth
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Reading some of posters on here you have to wonder if they want all the coaches punted and paid off now so that there’s no cash for players available in January and we get relegated. Just to prove them right. 

It’s quite frightening the mentality 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Good business people to not ask advice from an employee they have just sacked!

She didn't just ask for his view, Levein also showed Stendel around Riccarton. And clearly did a good job of selling the club and facilities, given Stendel agreed to come here. Well done Craig. Even despite all the abuse and getting the boot, still doing his best to help his club.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I still don't get why she announced this in this fashion on the back of some long awaited good news.

Why not just say 'im delighted to have got Daniel in and I will continue my search for a SD and appoint on in due course. In the interim AM will be picking up some of the duties.'

There was absolutely no need whatsoever to go into such detail and mention Levein. It's just created a shitstorm for no reason. 

I apologise for covering ground that I did on page 1 but I just can't fathom how a successful business woman is so shit at PR.

I think she is paving the way for her announcement next year that after scouring the footballing world she thinks AM and maybe even CL are the best candidates for the job.

She can then refer back to her statement and say well I did indicate that I wanted continuity and AM has made some great contacts within the game and he knows the club, etc, etc.

J.T.F.Robertson
36 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

To be honest I think it’s a gentle GIRUY to the fans for forcing her hand on Levein.

She has her failings but being THAT small-minded and vindictive ........ nah, don't talk nonsense. She's Hearts, like (almost) the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

She didn't just ask for his view, Levein also showed Stendel around Riccarton. And clearly did a good job of selling the club and facilities, given Stendel agreed to come here. Well done Craig. Even despite all the abuse and getting the boot, still doing his best to help his club.

Of course Budge asked for his view, she already said she would not hesitate in doing so - it’s obvious he’s still her ‘go to guy’!

Gary Locke or Andy Kirk could have showed him round - the stadium, the training complex and Edinburgh would sell the Club to Stendel with or without Levein!

Edited by Thomaso

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Soon be 10 ,the hearts kickback ire towards Levin is tame compared to the wider hearts support .believe me

My opinion also. Is the suggestion that the guy who has recruited this squad is still involved in recruitment and spending the kitty..

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you know what she asked of him?

She took him to Manchester with her do you think they never discussed Stendel?

How has he got the boot when he is still working for the club. Removed from one position and his seat on the board but still picking up his substantial salary until the summer for  being a tour guide is a good gig if you can get it.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How do you know what she asked of him?

She took him to Manchester with her do you think they never discussed Stendel?

How has he got the boot when he is still working for the club. Removed from one position and his seat on the board but still picking up his substantial salary until the summer for  being a tour guide is a good gig if you can get it.

She said herself she asked if he'd heard of him. Levein has played a big part in establishing relationships with clubs like Man City. Makes sense he does some handover work on that or keeps going with it surely? Or do you think we should just abandon all of our links to other clubs now too?

42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think things have already kicked off. Ann has again demonstrated how much she it is out of touch with the Hearts support. Whatever the Budge and Levein fan boys may say.

Spot on frank 👍

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Judging by this thread, people care very much what Levein and McPhee are up to.

They wouldn’t have if she didn’t mention it in the first place. They’d still be murmuring about what’s that smell and speculating but they’d have soon have been ignored. She’s fanned the flames here when she had a golden opportunity to shift attention to Stendel. I believe her intentions were good but shes shot herself in the foot.

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think things have already kicked off. Ann has again demonstrated how much she it is out of touch with the Hearts support. Whatever the Budge and Levein fan boys may say.

Nonsense. With these Levein REVELATIONS she's counter-trolling her trolls brilliantly.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

She said herself she asked if he'd heard of him. Levein has played a big part in establishing relationships with clubs like Man City. Makes sense he does some handover work on that or keeps going with it surely? Or do you think we should just abandon all of our links to other clubs now too?

She credited Austin Mcphee with the contact with Man City in her interview yesterday. I am sure any clubs we have relationships with understand what happens with a change of manager and if they value that then they will deal with any new  person in the role.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

She credited Austin Mcphee with the contact with Man City in her interview yesterday. I am sure any clubs we have relationships with understand what happens with a change of manager and if they value that then they will deal with any new  person in the role.

McPhee was busy doing something else then wasn't he> Small matter of being caretaker manager. McPhee also worked for Levein. And we don't have the new person yet.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I assume the first paragraph is a joke. Vigorous recruitment process?

About as vigorous as the appointment process for our new SD.

What process is that?

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Thats where the big problem and disconnect between both sides are really. The passion of Hearts fans is something we should be proud of but we can also on both sides fail to see everything because of it.

A fair point, sadj. 

I genuinely do hate disagreeing and/or falling out with fellow Jambos but the fanatical defence of Levein is baffling to me. 

Why is it so important to his devotees that he remains involved?

Why are they so enraged by criticism of him? 

We're not Man U fans criticising Fergie, Scousers attacking Dalglish or Santos fans having a pop at Pele...

...it's Craig Levein. 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Unless you personally know the wider Hearts support, how would you know that?

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think she is paving the way for her announcement next year that after scouring the footballing world she thinks AM and maybe even CL are the best candidates for the job.

She can then refer back to her statement and say well I did indicate that I wanted continuity and AM has made some great contacts within the game and he knows the club, etc, etc.

posted the same the other day, only time will tell . Imagine if she does appt a new SD in Jan/Feb , then we would potentially have that person, plus CL & AM all doing part of the roll or will she then part company with AM at that piont and then CL at the end of the season ( I just cant see it)

Frankly I can’t see what the fuss is about. We have the manager the club wanted. Levein is leaving next summer and until we recruit a new SD, McPhee and CL will jointly take that role. 

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Frankly I can’t see what the fuss is about. We have the manager the club wanted. Levein is leaving next summer and until we recruit a new SD, McPhee and CL will jointly take that role. 

Took the words out my mouth 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, Prof said:

I doubt If he'll go next summer. I don't think he'll go at all.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Of course Budge asked for his view, she already said she would not hesitate in doing so - it’s obvious he’s still her ‘go to guy’!

Gary Locke or Andy Kirk could have showed him round - the stadium, the training complex and Edinburgh would sell the Club to Stendel with or without Levein!

One day you have to tell us what Levein has done to you to deserve the constant vitriol. It must be more than just a poor performance as Hearts manager. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

100%. It was designed to soften up the audience for the SD chat.

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I doubt If he'll go next summer. I don't think he'll go at all.

He will be the first to say its time to go, he wont need told.............oops!!!

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, someone just asks the pertinent questions at the AGM. Hopefully, get the right answers. Then hopefully, maybe slavering ****ers can shut the **** up for the rest of the season & support the manager.

:greatpost:

The Treasurer

Not sure about Kirk, but Locke was in Kilmarnock that day.

I don't see why people have such an issue with Levein showing him round the place as he's clearly done a good job of persuading him this is the place to be

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure about Kirk, but Locke was in Kilmarnock that day.

I don't see why people have such an issue with Levein showing him round the place as he's clearly done a good job of persuading him this is the place to be

I think people will only see the Levein situation as resolved when he has nothing at all to do with the club. 

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Everyone has their own take on things but I get the impression that she may well have someone in mind but they are not available at this time.

Could be someone already in a similar role at another club that requires a notice period.

If that's the case then it makes sense to continue with people she trusts and that know the club until the right person is available

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think people will only see the Levein situation as resolved when he has nothing at all to do with the club. 

Like it or not, Levein is entitled to his contract being paid up in full.

I think it's better that the club get some return for that money, instead of just handing him a bundle of cash.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Like it or not, Levein is entitled to his contract being paid up in full.

I think it's better that the club get some return for that money, instead of just handing him a bundle of cash.

I certainly wasn't up in arms that he may have been consulted or involved in the DS signing. 

I disagree though. I think a clean break would have been better. 

There are a lot of fans, including me, that think AB wants him to stay at the club for as long as she is there.

Marooned Abroad
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Hear hear!!! Mods, FFS close this thread. 

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Everyone has their own take on things but I get the impression that she may well have someone in mind but they are not available at this time.

Could be someone already in a similar role at another club that requires a notice period.

If that's the case then it makes sense to continue with people she trusts and that know the club until the right person is available

Oh, she has someone in mind alright...

:clyay:

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I certainly wasn't up in arms that he may have been consulted or involved in the DS signing. 

I disagree though. I think a clean break would have been better. 

There are a lot of fans, including me, that think AB wants him to stay at the club for as long as she is there.

I don't disagree with anything you say here.

We all know how much AB trusts him and it's fair to say that CL genuinely cares for our club.

We won't know for sure until either CL's contract runs out or if AB decides to step down in thesummer

MR INCREDIBLE

The guy is not totally up to speed with the English language....... How do you expect him to understand Gary Locke. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

We all know how much AB trusts him and it's fair to say that CL genuinely cares for our club.

We won't know for sure until either CL's contract runs out or if AB decides to step down in thesummer

Aye it's all theory and conjecture at the moment. A very divisive situation as it stands but a few decent results and it'll fade into the background.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Cares for the club my arse.

10 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The guy is not totally up to speed with the English language....... How do you expect him to understand Gary Locke. 

Shite posting in all honesty 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some honest stuff there in the media this morning.

I've always said every day is a school day no matter how old we get, certainly has been for Mrs Budge. Largely she has done an incredible job,  since Neilson, nothing has gone right on the field, bar some false dawns.

Personally I would like to see some change right from the top. It will have been 6 years, and emotional ones too, that takes its toll.

Some fresh impetus and smooth transition to take us 10 years further forwards needs to be thought about and I would imagine it has been discussed if only casually with some of her trusted associates

4 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Unless you personally know the wider Hearts support, how would you know that?

I don’t think anyone can speak on behalf of the wider Hearts support, whatever their views.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

One day you have to tell us what Levein has done to you to deserve the constant vitriol. It must be more than just a poor performance as Hearts manager. 

He’s mentioned previously that whilst he was fitting windaes, Levein came across as a bit arrogant. He’s also mentioned that former players and managers that he sees during hospitality piss ups don’t like him. I’ll leave you to figure out who they might be... 🤔