• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

13 hours ago, jambocub said:

How did he manage to get a game practically every time he was fit and offered a new deal then resigned after he left with such a bad attitude ?

Do you honestly think any of those players bought into the Cathro game plan, of course they didn't, so he wasn't singled out. 

Why did he get resigned, because it was an easy option for Levein. 

2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Do you honestly think any of those players bought into the Cathro game plan, of course they didn't, so he wasn't singled out. 

Why did he get resigned, because it was an easy option for Levein. 

Then bring back the same player to work under him who's  been undermining the previous  manager .. nah mate I'm no having it.anyways its goid news week enjoy

AlphonseCapone
On 12/12/2019 at 11:52, Shug73 said:

Remember how the players use to be all smiley, jokey in any training videos under Levein? Compare that to the solemn looks on the faces in the last two Hearts have posted on Twitter. Good signs in my opinion.

Hopefully someone teaches them how to do press ups properly soon.

rudi must stay
On 12/12/2019 at 11:52, Shug73 said:

Remember how the players use to be all smiley, jokey in any training videos under Levein? Compare that to the solemn looks on the faces in the last two Hearts have posted on Twitter. Good signs in my opinion.

Jokings not a bad thing in training. It should be fun. I didn't think much of the tempo before though from what I saw, the drills were very basic. You watch Celtic on YouTube or twitter honestly the tempo is unbelievable compared to ours 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your right they are at the Oriam today work been getting done to the pitch 👍🇱🇻

Thought it might be pitch related  

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, Dayman said:

Common sense doesn’t exist on Internet forums apparently!

You've proved that there is some. haha

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think you have fans on here and around who seem to think the solution to bad results is sack everyone. That if things are going wrong under a manager then every other employee under them must be terrible as well. As you say it is cutting of their nose to spite their face. All those saying that Fox and Daly need to go, I would interested to know if they know anything about what those two are like as coaches apart from they were there when we had a poor run. The post someone put up earlier I thought was great which actually broke everything down and showed the importance of people being in roles that suit them best and because we haven't done that, its where our problems are coming from.

Posts about training here have been really positive so look forward to seeing what changes on Saturday.

I know its been mentioned already, but should Duncan Ferguson not be out on his ar*e , given the perceived wisdom on here? Arteta at Arsenal?

Enough of this, though. Reading the Andy Kirk thread and most seem more positive at the way things are moving. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stendel has seemed to have taken a real liking to Andy Kirk. He was mainly talking to him during the session. He was talking to Macphee,  Daly and Fox also. 

After the session had finished he pulled Macphee across to translate to Meshino. During the 3v3 Clare played a beautiful ball through to Meshino, Meshino rather than shooting when he should have he tried to square it to Mulraney, Hicky got back in time and intercepted the pass to Mulraney, Stendel goes Ryo Ryo!! When you are in front of goal don't pass shoot. After the 3v3 game had finished he shouted Macphee across to translate this to him. Ryotaro accepted it Stendel smiled as did Ryotaro and they hugged. Great moment to witness to be honest and certainly one a player will appreciate and put trust in his manager in my opinion. 

🇱🇻

I see Kirk is in the dugout tomorrow 😉🇱🇻 bring on the saints. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Someone please explain the 'cuddle'.  Was it a group hug?

He'd better not cuddle our players too hard we don't want more injuries 

Edited by rudi must stay

35 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

All about opinions Bad Religion, all the doubters he has though I think personally he will ram it up them all, good manager in my opinion, but each to there own what do you think? 

I was using Klopp as an example of a manager that hugs / cuddles players 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All about opinions Bad Religion, all the doubters he has though I think personally he will ram it up them all good manager in my opinion but each to there own what do you think? 

I was using Klopp as an example of managers that hug / cuddle players 👍

Klopp is probably the best manager in the world at the moment and it would be great if Stendel shares some of his qualities/management techniques. He can hug whoever he wants whenever he wants if our results improve, even if it upsets i8.

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You've proved that there is some. haha

Haha thanks I try! I didn’t realise it was you that made the “bash your head against a wall” post, I thought it was someone being negative, hence why I ignored it. Now it makes sense ha! Apparently I was still asleep..! I might have to give that a try now. I’m sure it would be much more painless...!

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Klopp is probably the best manager in the world at the moment and it would be great if Stendel shares some of his qualities/management techniques. He can hug whoever he wants whenever he wants if our results improve, even if it upsets i8.

👍🇱🇻 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Haha thanks I try! I didn’t realise it was you that made the “bash your head against a wall” post, I thought it was someone being negative, hence why I ignored it. Now it makes sense ha! Apparently I was still asleep..! I might have to give that a try now. I’m sure it would be much more painless...!

There are  a few head-bangers on here, right enough, but the best cure for them is a few points on the board.

Starting tomorrow, hopefully.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Especially if it upsets i8

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah Hearts have just put a video up on Instagram. 

Can't find this video. What has been done with the pitch as it looked poor against Livingston. 

44 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Can't find this video. What has been done with the pitch as it looked poor against Livingston. 

It's on Hearts Instagram story it was taken 5 hours ago if someone wants to screenshot it and put it on here then do so cheers 👍

46 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Don't know what they have done in particular with it mate just was told they had been working on it 👍

PhoenixHearts

Is there anything that doesn't offend this i8 fella?

A man cuddling another man??!!! Oh the humanity!!!! 

6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Is there anything that doesn't offend this i8 fella?

A man cuddling another man??!!! Oh the humanity!!!! 

i8 only likes the drama 

On 12/12/2019 at 21:37, Bongo 1874 said:

After the session had finished he pulled Macphee across to translate to Meshino. During the 3v3 Clare played a beautiful ball through to Meshino, Meshino rather than shooting when he should have he tried to square it to Mulraney, Hicky got back in time and intercepted the pass to Mulraney, Stendel goes Ryo Ryo!! When you are in front of goal don't pass shoot. After the 3v3 game had finished he shouted Macphee across to translate this to him. Ryotaro accepted it Stendel smiled as did Ryotaro and they hugged.

The only bit that surprised me is the bit in bold, as Meshino is usually shooting within the slightest sight of goal! Good to read that the training is taking shape though.

On Meshino though worth noting Stendel has worked with a Japanese player before when Hiroki Sakai was at Hannover 96 (now currently right back at Marseille). No idea how Sakai’s German was mind you, as he was at the end of his four years there when he played under Stendel.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The only bit that surprised me is the bit in bold, as Meshino is usually shooting within the slightest sight of goal! Good to read that the training is taking shape though.

On Meshino though worth noting Stendel has worked with a Japanese player before when Hiroki Sakai was at Hannover 96 (now currently right back at Marseille). No idea how Sakai’s German was mind you, as he was at the end of his four years there when he played under Stendel.

Tora, Tora, Tora means attack, attack attack no?.........

BOOM.......Nailed it 

On 10/12/2019 at 22:42, Mr Sifter said:

The Motherwell game has gone, as has every other miserable performance we've witnessed over the last couple of years. Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt under Stendel, there's enough flack being thrown at us by the media right now, the last thing we need is Jambos joining in with them.

That’s far to sensible for the roasters on here and the Hibbie pretend Jambos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 21:37, Bongo 1874 said:

Stendel has seemed to have taken a real liking to Andy Kirk. He was mainly talking to him during the session. He was talking to Macphee,  Daly and Fox also. 

After the session had finished he pulled Macphee across to translate to Meshino. During the 3v3 Clare played a beautiful ball through to Meshino, Meshino rather than shooting when he should have he tried to square it to Mulraney, Hicky got back in time and intercepted the pass to Mulraney, Stendel goes Ryo Ryo!! When you are in front of goal don't pass shoot. After the 3v3 game had finished he shouted Macphee across to translate this to him. Ryotaro accepted it Stendel smiled as did Ryotaro and they hugged. Great moment to witness to be honest and certainly one a player will appreciate and put trust in his manager in my opinion. 

🇱🇻

On 13/12/2019 at 00:22, Bongo 1874 said:

I was going to come out with this but decided to leave it but will reveal now as a player has came out with it,

On Wednesday the training session was held a bit later as they had a 45 minute meeting on what Stendel expects of the players etc I was told this by my source 

Anyway here is Sean Clare backing it up I must say was really impressed with Sean Clare during the Training session 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sean-clare-reveals-daniel-stendel-21082725&ved=2ahUKEwjC1rvMq7HmAhUTThUIHYEPC9MQ0PADMAF6BAgDEAY&usg=AOvVaw2FO0kO9ChNhqPcacKJYpIm 👍🇱🇻

Glad that Meshino took that shot against Aberdeen now 😂😂

And absolutely delighted Clare has came on big time under Stendel keep it up Sean Clare and keep shooting Ryotario Meshino 👍🇱🇻

ScandinavianJambo
On 11/12/2019 at 11:31, Dayman said:

I don't think people understand this. A coach/backroom staff member only does what their manager tells them to do. There's no way for us to know if these coaches are good unless we see them under a good manager. 

This is a different sport, but same idea. I played a season of American Football in uni after I finished playing real football. We won 1/10 games that season. Our Head Coaches 4 years saw something like 8 wins out of 50. He was sacked before the last game of the season I played. All of his coaches had been with him for 1-3 years. Were they sacked as well? Nope. Did some stay and help the next manager get 7 wins the next season? Yep. Did some instantly leave and move to other, much bigger universities, despite their horrific record? Yep. One of them that I keep in contact with left our NAIA school(think 2000-5000 fans) and went to a D1 school(think 20,000-100,000 fans). 

Now, some of these coaches may be pish, but as fans, we have absolutely no clue if they are. Stendel will find out for himself, and instead of paying off 4 or 5 contracts on a whim, he'll get an educated look at it. Imagine the rage if one of our "failures" went on to an EPL team...

Thank you for this post. It is based facts which is a more then you can say about a lot of things on here...

19 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Thank you for this post. It is based facts which is a more then you can say about a lot of things on here...

I try my best! 

TyphoonJambo

When are the guys back training? I heard they were given a few days off 

Seymour M Hersh
On 13/12/2019 at 15:02, Bad Religion said:

Talking of prize winning welts, what thread did numbnuts post that pish on?

Last day of the school holidays so I took my grandson along to watch today and so glad that I did. Really fast training with Stendel more or less running things. Naismith and Washington looked really sharp and worked well together, Michael Smith and Halkett looked the players they have been in the past and Connor Smith and Irving were really prominent. Most pleasing though was the effort being put in by everyone which watching previous sessions in the summer didn't look to be the case. The future is indeed Maroon. 

3 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Last day of the school holidays so I took my grandson along to watch today and so glad that I did. Really fast training with Stendel more or less running things. Naismith and Washington looked really sharp and worked well together, Michael Smith and Halkett looked the players they have been in the past and Connor Smith and Irving were really prominent. Most pleasing though was the effort being put in by everyone which watching previous sessions in the summer didn't look to be the case. The future is indeed Maroon. 

Good wee report there, Jimbo.

All sounds very promising.

4 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Nice one Jimbo. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

The man is working them good style,benefits will be reaped by most players,make them better players,that I have no doubt.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Great to hear, shorter intense training will produce the kind of football Stendel wants to play and we want to see. It’s weird being stranded at the bottom of the league yet this positive about what’s to come.

35 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I only walked by briefly, were the players thought to be leaving there ie Mulraney, Whelan etc ? cheers

Edited by steve123

No sign of Mulraney or Whelan. Christophe wasn't there obviously following his wedding and didn't see Haring, McDonald, Souttar or Walker but there were players doing light training on the other pitch so could have been there. Loved how animated Stendel is but it looked like the players were buying into his methods. I suppose they must have been of a similar mindset of the fans that things had to change so all good. 

6 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

No sign of Mulraney or Whelan. Christophe wasn't there obviously following his wedding and didn't see Haring, McDonald, Souttar or Walker but there were players doing light training on the other pitch so could have been there. Loved how animated Stendel is but it looked like the players were buying into his methods. I suppose they must have been of a similar mindset of the fans that things had to change so all good. 

Cheers, yea the brief glimpse I got looked really high tempo and he was stopping game to show them what he wanted !!

Edited by steve123

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

They done a double session today by the looks of it. Indoors & outside.

One thing Robbie got 100% correct was his training schedule , delighted to hear Herr Stendel is working them hard too 

3fingersreid
Just now, Barack said:

Walker looks like he was training indoors, going by Instagram. Looks like him anyway...

Good , we need everyone back for what lies ahead and preferably 100% fit and committed 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

One thing Robbie got 100% correct was his training schedule , delighted to hear Herr Stendel is working them hard too 

Neilson was also hands on. No proof but I suspect players appreciate the interaction and involvement with the manager 

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Neilson was also hands on. No proof but I suspect players appreciate the interaction and involvement with the manager 

He was /is more likeable and approachable too than our former head coach I’m guessing . 
Glad to read the players seem to be up for Stendels methods . 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think in all jobs if the manager is passionate, hands on, face to face and is present so knows what is going on all the time, then the outcome is more dedicated staff and the direction more clear.

Players will respond better to a manager who is there on a daily basis and dictates the show by demonstrating and being hands on.

I think previously, especially after Levein's heart scare, training was delegated more and more to the coaches. So while maybe the game plan was OK, if the person who came up with it was not there every day shouting and screaming at how it should be done and motivating/challenging the team to do better then things go flat.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Music to my ears.

I was at the Oriam today and saw Mulraney and Clare going to the canteen and Berra was also there. After the walking football a lot of the players came in to do training with Donald Park and another bloke I didn't recognise.