Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

been here before
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The 'Claire' Syndrome

Isma before him.

The "there's a player in there" cliche isnt really that old but *** me its shite. 

Im a fat middle aged arsehole with 2 ****ed knees and an ankle full of metal. Ive never kicked a ball in anger for about 25 years. My diet isnt magic and Im fond of a pint. I get a bit puffed climbing to the back of the Wheatfield every couple of weeks.

There's a player in me though but it just so happens he's past it, utter shite and a full game now would probably kill him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Isma before him.

The "there's a player in there" cliche isnt really that old but *** me its shite. 

Im a fat middle aged arsehole with 2 ****ed knees and an ankle full of metal. Ive never kicked a ball in anger for about 25 years. My diet isnt magic and Im fond of a pint. I get a bit puffed climbing to the back of the Wheatfield every couple of weeks.

There's a player in me though but it just so happens he's past it, utter shite and a full game now would probably kill him.

🤣🤣🤣Made me laugh. Could also pertain to me also!! 

50 minutes ago, been here before said:

Isma before him.

Miss out the ankle and that’s pretty much me 😀

Portable Badger
19 hours ago, kila said:

cc.jpeg.3e2028f3acd2acc7f4bdda81eaf9991c.jpeg

Come on Kila you missed a trick there!    

You should've used a ; with a caption "Here he is with a semi !"

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Morrison should consider himself lucky if East Fife want to make the deal permanent.

There's a player in there? **** off. :rofl:

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Morrison should consider himself lucky if East Fife want to make the deal permanent.

There's a player in there? **** off. :rofl:

Point is he performed well when the team was doing well . He was a 'player' then .

Not sure why people choose to ignore

this ?

Some seem almost desperate to write a young guy's career off before it's properly begun . Odd behaviour

Edited by johnthomas

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Point is he performed well when the team was doing well . He was a 'player' then .

this ?

Some seem almost desperate to write a young guy's career off before it's properly begun . Odd behaviour

It's an odd attitude.  I'm always in the "let's see" camp.  I'll be honest and say I wasn't overly impressed with Calumn, to and extent even when the team were doing OK.  But that's not to say I think he's shite.  He just looked a bit lost.

What's to be achieved by writing him off?  Told you so credits or something?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

this ?

Done ok for for 2 months with a team that was flying. Utterly woeful since then. Loads of young players with more ability than him don't get the chance to play 30 games for the team they support, he's done well. Not desperate for young players to fail but you know that. He's just nowhere near good enough. 

Typical levein winger. Got pace and nothing else.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's an odd attitude.  I'm always in the "let's see" camp.  I'll be honest and say I wasn't overly impressed with Calumn, to and extent even when the team were doing OK.  But that's not to say I think he's shite.  He just looked a bit lost.

What's to be achieved by writing him off?  Told you so credits or something?

It's not odd at all. He's not good enough and East Fife is his Level. I take no joy in seeing young players that aren't good enough dropping down to a level they are able to compete at.  I'm more interested in Hearts doing well than wasting time and wages on ineffective wingers that will never make it.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Done ok for for 2 months with a team that was flying. Utterly woeful since then. Loads of young players with more ability than him don't get the chance to play 30 games for the team they support, he's done well. Not desperate for young players to fail but you know that. He's just nowhere near good enough. 

Typical levein winger. Got pace and nothing else.

It's not odd at all. He's not good enough and East Fife is his Level. I take no joy in seeing young players that aren't good enough dropping down to a level they are able to compete at.  I'm more interested in Hearts doing well than wasting time and wages on ineffective wingers that will never make it.

Done ok for 2 months but not capable of playing well again ? 

You may well be right but hardly a logical basis for writing him off .

I've read on here how Clare , Smith , Souttar , White , Washington and others are all duds .

I'll wait and see

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, been here before said:

:lol:

Unfortunately, TAPIT (There's A Player In There) is generally used to mean "there IS" rather than "there WAS", and is therefore a guide to potential.

It seems that you, like me, now score quite poorly in this respect. 

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:

Unfortunately, TAPIT (There's A Player In There) is generally used to mean "there IS" rather than "there WAS", and is therefore a guide to potential.

It seems that you, like me, now score quite poorly in this respect. 

Good post .

Can't beat a bit of self depreciation

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
43 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Done ok for 2 months but not capable of playing well again ? 

You may well be right but hardly a logical basis for writing him off .

I've read on here how Clare , Smith , Souttar , White , Washington and others are all duds .

I'll wait and see

I've always said Clare had potential. Washington is a good performer, not scoring goals but lucky for him he's a good footballer in general. Morrision lacks footballing intelligence and doen't have the skill to make up for it.  I don't see any point in keeping him here beyond the summer.  I would love for him to prove me wrong. Zero chance of that happening mind.

• 2 weeks later...
August Landmesser

So, a bit longer to prepare for the St Mirren game than recent weeks - some focus on defensive drills would be ideal! 

I assume yesterday was a day off and they're all back in today?

On 05/02/2020 at 14:24, been here before said:

Isma before him.

Do you think you could manage 45 minutes on a Friday night? This Friday night? Asking for a German friend.

Governor Tarkin
On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 14:24, been here before said:

Isma before him.

:rofl:

What a thoroughly refreshing post. 

Make Kickback Great Again.

37 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

So, a bit longer to prepare for the St Mirren game than recent weeks - some focus on defensive drills would be ideal! 

I assume yesterday was a day off and they're all back in today?

Saturday was the day off.

On 05/02/2020 at 14:24, been here before said:

Isma before him.

Fancy a 3 year deal?

alwaysthereinspirit

Hope they practice crossing this week. Halkett goal was the first headed goal I remember us scoring from a cross ball for ages.

All these years of watching Hearts and I had no idea the goal of crossing was to try and knock the closest defender out.

23 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hope they practice crossing this week. Halkett goal was the first headed goal I remember us scoring from a cross ball for ages.

All these years of watching Hearts and I had no idea the goal of crossing was to try and knock the closest defender out.

That cross at the end of injury time summed it up, think it was Avdijaj? In saying that, Washington put a cracker in for the equaliser

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Michael Smith sent over some crackers as he did in the 5 2 win over St Mirren. 

In the mad frenzy to give Clare a cuddle seems to have been missed as well as being an abject defender he very rarely finds a man from a cross. 

Back to basics will be full of wins for us

2 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

That cross at the end of injury time summed it up, think it was Avdijaj? In saying that, Washington put a cracker in for the equaliser

Honestly think Washington has to start. Far better option currently than Avdijaj & Uche. Not going to score a lot of goals but he is a football player, let’s his opponent know there in a game and can create space & opportunities for others. 

2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Honestly think Washington has to start. Far better option currently than Avdijaj & Uche. Not going to score a lot of goals but he is a football player, let’s his opponent know there in a game and can create space & opportunities for others. 

Can't argue with that to be honest, I like him

7 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I know a big rule in football is to play players in their best position, but we seem to have a few players more suited to other positions. 

We have 2 strikers who just cannot score but are effective further out, and a central defender who can't defend but scores goals whenever we put him up front.

Should Washington be an attacking mid? Should Halkett be up front? Should Uche be an impact sub winger? Should Pereira be working in the canteen?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know a big rule in football is to play players in their best position, but we seem to have a few players more suited to other positions. 

We have 2 strikers who just cannot score but are effective further out, and a central defender who can't defend but scores goals whenever we put him up front.

Should Washington be an attacking mid? Should Halkett be up front? Should Uche be an impact sub winger? Should Pereira be working in the canteen?

Have we tried Naismith and Boyce up front together as a proper front two? If not, we should. On the best position thing, dare I say it, Smith back to RB and Clare in at kind of roving attacking midfielder dropping deep in place of Naismith, with Walker, Irving and Sibbick/Langer/ Souttar at DM, might be worth a shot. I don't know anymore. We're underperforming no matter who plays and no matter what formation we play.

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have we tried Naismith and Boyce up front together as a proper front two? If not, we should. On the best position thing, dare I say it, Smith back to RB and Clare in at kind of roving attacking midfielder dropping deep in place of Naismith, with Walker, Irving and Sibbick/Langer/ Souttar at DM, might be worth a shot. I don't know anymore. We're underperforming no matter who plays and no matter what formation we play.

Think they played as a front two v Rangers and that seemed to work. 

Agree about Smith back to RB - we need to go back to basics to squeeze some points out of these next few games. Against St Mirren I'd go:

GK Zlamal

RB Smith

CB Halkett

CB Souttar

LB Hickey 

CM Sibbick

CM Irving 

RW Washington or Clare

LW Walker

ST Naismith 

ST Boyce

I've been impressed with Clare recently but in the spirit of playing players where they play well and defending better, I think Washington is perhaps more effective on the right wing than he is, and that Smith is more effective as a defender. 

My half sister

Can this thread get back to discussing 'training today'?

There is a thread about the game on Friday where people can speculate on team selection. I'm also interested in what's happening in training, so from tomorrow can we stick to that?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No he’d drop far too many dishes that his wages wouldn’t cover his breakages 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No he’d drop far too many dishes that his wages wouldn’t cover his breakages 

Maybe he can watch the corner flag 

tumblr_m66l3hSiG01rwuopao1_250.gif

5 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

No sign of Boyce at training and both Sibbick and White training on their own this morning.

Apparently Boyce has not trained all week, were there any other notable absentees ?

Cheers 

Has any club ever in the history of the world ever ever had our injury record over a two year period?

Remember in December that dugs boaby McInnes using 3 or 4 injuries as the excuse for us ragdolling them!?!?! Seriously, Des? Really? Take yer ill-gotten ref assisted point and ram it.

Point is I don't think overly much has been made of our injuries really, considering how truly unprecedented they've been.

25 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Apparently Boyce has not trained all week, were there any other notable absentees ?

Cheers 

No, Hicky, Smith and Clare were all training.

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Does glandular fever count as an "injury" though...? If Boyce has caught it...

:sob:

The fever sums it up eh. Comes in, looks good, we beat Rangers. He catches bird flu and now he's basically Stephen Hawking.

Should point out, I'm not a medical professional.

Boyce comes in scores 2 in two then picks up a niggle which visibly hampers him and now he can't train.

We're cursed. Cursed I tell ya!!!

If Boyce misses the St Midden game its not the end of the world as we’ll beat them on Friday.

Time for the players to grow a pair, pull the finger out and put in a performance that befits them 

being Hearts players. These players need to start winning games and if they fail I hope Stendel 

makes their live hell by cheating our fans and our club.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

If Boyce misses the St Midden game its not the end of the world as we’ll beat them on Friday.

Time for the players to grow a pair, pull the finger out and put in a performance that befits them 

being Hearts players. These players need to start winning games and if they fail I hope Stendel 

This is exactly the kind of positivity we need.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

👍

6 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

What about Sibbick, is he training yet?

Sibbick wasn't training with full squad, he was doing some running/ball work along with White.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Check the Insta story today - they were doing some sort of “quick feet” game inside wee circles

I dont understand what the **** the point was but spirits seemed high 🙄

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What makes you think that so strongly as to make it a statement?

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Check the Insta story today - they were doing some sort of “quick feet” game inside wee circles

I dont understand what the **** the point was but spirits seemed high 🙄

To teach them to love their feet quicker in tight spaces?