Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

47 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I wonder if our injury problem has partly been down to a lack of fitness and physical contact in training. I certainly think its partly been down to the negativity that seemed to permeate the squad. 

(Obviously not all the injuries could be attributed to these things).

I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that Stendel felt at least some of the injury problems were due to lack of fitness.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

They were all training outside and heavily involved. Didn't see Walker, Berra or Hickey with the main group who incidentally were not holding back in tackles. I was watching Karen but thankfully not needed although every time someone slipped my heart was in my mouth. 

FTFY!

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Yes, they probably aren't used to playing in weather.

🤣🤣🤣 I am actually buckilt at this 

FarmerTweedy
44 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that Stendel felt at least some of the injury problems were due to lack of fitness.

I think it might have been that in some ways we've had the wrong sort of fitness, rather than a general lack. Our play's gemerally been too low tempo and deliberate for far too long, and with a fair few of the injuries being hamstrings and similar, I wonder if too many players had plenty fitness in terms of stamina/cardio (i.e. they could have kept running at a steady pace for yonks), but didn't have their muscles conditioned correctly for short sprints, bursts of acceleration, etc, that come with playing at any intensity? 

They can do double/triple/quadruple sessions, it makes no difference the amount of sessions they do, it’s all about the intensity of the session and the content. If I heard Stendel was only doing one session, I wouldn’t care cause I know it’ll be at the tempo and intensity he requires and the content will be relevant. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fair enough. One of the major problems under that regime was fitness so wondering if that’s what Stendel is trying to improve whilst also doing tactical and ball work sessions. 

If the tactical and ball work is at a high enough intensity then the fitness will improve as a result without having to spend time specifically working on fitness

36 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

FTFY!

I meant Karen was watching but that does read a bit Harvey Weinstein right enough. Good that they don't hold back as the team is a bit soft and even got bullied by Hibs. We need to toughen up. 

18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

If the tactical and ball work is at a high enough intensity then the fitness will improve as a result without having to spend time specifically working on fitness

True 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Good that they are training outside too - they need to get used to playing in the weather aswell

This could already be the post of the year.

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I meant Karen was watching but that does read a bit Harvey Weinstein right enough. Good that they don't hold back as the team is a bit soft and even got bullied by Hibs. We need to toughen up. 

:sick:

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Good that they are training outside too - they need to get used to playing in the weather aswell

We've got weather here today.

Amazingly, we had some yesterday too and, you'll never believe it, weather is forecast for tomorrow also!!

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Amazingly, we had some yesterday too and, you'll never believe it, weather is forecast for tomorrow also!!

You are not remotely funny so please refrain from trying 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Sorry, Mr Fish.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I thought he was funny. :leveinproblem:

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, bazman said:

I'm convinced last winter break they did triples some days

Played like they had been drinking triples🥃🥃🥃🥃🤮

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

🧐 Do we have a squad full of off worlders? 

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, Mr Fish.

😂😂

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Just shows his age Morgan.  ie under 16.

😮

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I thought he was funny. :leveinproblem:

😂

25 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He is and was there. We all say stupid things , if you don’t expect ridicule for it you should avoid the internet and pubs and people in general.

12 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Played like they had been drinking triples🥃🥃🥃🥃🤮

😂

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I know that's what you meant because it's what you originally said!  But I could guess what you were up to!!!

49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:sweeet::clap:

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think it might have been that in some ways we've had the wrong sort of fitness, rather than a general lack. Our play's gemerally been too low tempo and deliberate for far too long, and with a fair few of the injuries being hamstrings and similar, I wonder if too many players had plenty fitness in terms of stamina/cardio (i.e. they could have kept running at a steady pace for yonks), but didn't have their muscles conditioned correctly for short sprints, bursts of acceleration, etc, that come with playing at any intensity? 

I could see this being the case. I’ve definitely seen at some professional clubs, the pure ignorance to follow the sport scientist’ guide to fitness in sessions. It’s always an “old school” coach at the helm in these situations too. 

Whenever I’ve went up to watch us train it’s always been a game scenario on a large field. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but I remember people mentioning the difference where stendel is concentrated a lot moreOn short and sharp drills. I’ve never seen any intensity at training under levein. 

I’ve already seen more evidence of good coaching from stendel from the minimal I’ve seen on social media etc, from both an S+C, man management and general coaching point of view. 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

They can do double/triple/quadruple sessions, it makes no difference the amount of sessions they do, it’s all about the intensity of the session and the content. If I heard Stendel was only doing one session, I wouldn’t care cause I know it’ll be at the tempo and intensity he requires and the content will be relevant. 

I’d imagine 2 a days will go until we are fit enough, then probably have one 2dayer a week. 

A session more fitness orientated in the morning and then a more tactical one in the afternoon. 

I think it’s pretty common practice to have a double session in a Wednesday at a pro club tbh. 

Jambo 4 Ever
15 minutes ago, Coolio said:

:sweeet::clap:

Don’t encourage him

there’s a reason why he has over 40k posts - he doesn’t do anything else!!

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

It's true though !  I often find that we tend to get some kind of weather at this time of year, as well as other kinds of weather at other times of year. Who'da thunk it eh ?

53 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Don’t encourage him

Ooft!!! 

Yes he does, he sunbathes and comes up with crackers for dafties like you

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ooft!!! 

Yes he does, he sunbathes and comes up with crackers for dafties like you

Umm no 

he clearly doesn’t do much else apart from sit on here 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

Wee bit jealously there? 🤭

Don’t encourage him

Sorry mate there was no offence meant. 

However, give this site a wee look, as a starter for ten, and you'll get that humour is simply a need to laugh at something when you've maybe not got an awful lot to laugh about (namely being a JT at this moment in time). Enjoy.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/brandon-gorrell/2015/03/50-short-clean-jokes-and-puns-that-will-get-a-laugh-every-time/

25 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

Post count patter is the absolute shannest of shan patter. Whether it’s criticising folk for making 4 posts or 40000 it’s just piss poor. Wtf does it have to do with anybody how many times someone chooses to post on kickback? 

25 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

So was anyone there today? Anything to report? 

Briefly in the morning, playing short games 3 teams alternating- both Naismith and Souttar taking part.

Edited by steve123

Don’t encourage him

If you want to have that statement firmly knocked into touch, PM me and I'll happily oblige.

We could discuss it on the board here, but I don't want to increase my post count any faster, as it obviously gives you cause for concern.  :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

The irony of someone using their posts to do nothing but troll and add not an iota of valuable insight, information or debate into a forum.

Not sure why folk engage with it. Check out its very first posts as examples. Very interesting change in style.

Will check it out. Cheers. 

Eddie The Eagle
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

“Eddie! Eddie! Eddie” Great news. Any transfer 

If I do I'll be sure to share it 

58 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

Wager?

2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Ignore him Morgs, he does nothing but sit on here😂

:rofl: