• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

Just now, davemclaren said:

working with the keepers or was Gallagher doing that?

Seivers  was working with keepers 

Two were playing in game while 3rd done 1 on 1  with seivers

Then they switched when the gsme switched teams 

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Seivers  was working with keepers 

Two were playing in game while 3rd done 1 on 1  with seivers

Then they switched when the gsme switched teams 

Thanks. 👍

6 minutes ago, biffy said:

Gallagher was still there helping out today 

Bit I saw the new guy had one goalie working on his own while they played small 6 v6 game .. 

33 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I really think the team should have been taken away for a week, leave all the dead wood here to sort out they're departures. 

If only it was that easy.

49 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I really think the team should have been taken away for a week, leave all the dead wood here to sort out they're departures. 

You do know that the reason we didn’t go away for a week was that we are 1.4M in debt and couldn’t afford to take them.  Money is needed to improve the 1st team squad and Is better spent there than some jolly abroad. Plus our facilities at the Oriam are second to none. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

You do know that the reason we didn’t go away for a week was that we are 1.4M in debt and couldn’t afford to take them.  Money is needed to improve the 1st team squad and Is better spent there than some jolly abroad. Plus our facilities at the Oriam are second to none. 

Correct. 

2 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

This, this, and ... this.

49 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So was Berra training with the first team today? 

In training with the reserves apparently. 

6 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

In training with the reserves apparently. 

This is interesting as if Berra was training with reserves then it seems so were Clare, Walker and Hickey !!

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

This is interesting as if Berra was training with reserves then it seems so were Clare, Walker and Hickey !!

Clare was in 1st team squad 

Just now, jambocub said:

Cool, I thought someone above had said he was training indoor- I wonder if the indoors are the ones going!!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Clare, Walker, Cochrane, Washington, Uche, Irving...were all visible on Instagram story playing keep ball inside.👍🏻

Cool it must have been a double session glad to see it !!

Just now, Barack said:

If the ball wasn't won back within 10 touches, they had to do a forfeit press-up, then carry on chasing.

Brilliant I would imagine a shock to some !!

Heartsofgold

Hope these methods shock our non performing players to get their act together. Aberdeen was a start but we need to see consistency week on week going forward and pick up wins. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Clare, Walker, Cochrane, Washington, Uche, Irving...were all visible on Instagram story playing keep ball inside.👍🏻

They were all training outside and heavily involved. Didn't see Walker, Berra or Hickey with the main group who incidentally were not holding back in tackles. Karen was watching but thankfully not needed although every time someone slipped my heart was in my mouth. 

14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Might all be indoor due to the weather 

Yea normally starts about 10 I think but as per above may well be inside.

Unknown user
14 hours ago, kila said:

I think in all jobs if the manager is passionate, hands on, face to face and is present so knows what is going on all the time, then the outcome is more dedicated staff and the direction more clear.

Players will respond better to a manager who is there on a daily basis and dictates the show by demonstrating and being hands on.

I think previously, especially after Levein's heart scare, training was delegated more and more to the coaches. So while maybe the game plan was OK, if the person who came up with it was not there every day shouting and screaming at how it should be done and motivating/challenging the team to do better then things go flat.

I dont know, Doddie preferred to delegate much of the training, while Cathro was there every day. Martin O'Neill, one of the most successful managers Scotland's seen, famously left the vast majority of training to his coaches and was a bit of a distant figure.

As fans we tend to see things in black or white but in truth there's no right or wrong, only what works or doesn't work at this time with this manager and this group.

Heartsofgold

I think Stendel  has to be there to make sure the players know exactly what his philosophy is and how he wants it implemented across the 1st team.  He needs to see exactly who's picking up on this, making it their 100% focus and actually see how it's working.  Once he is confident that it's embedded then he may step back a little and let the coaches take more of the training.

We have to remember this is a totally different philosophy and way of working for the players.  They will take time to fully adjust and adapt but I think we can already see the difference creeping in with the Aberdeen performance, as long as this is built upon and expanded to wins rather than draws.

40 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea normally starts about 10 I think but as per above may well be inside.

Cheers, both. Checked the long-range weather forecast - barring tomorrow, it's rain every day until the Airdrie game.

54 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

They were all training outside and heavily involved. Didn't see Walker, Berra or Hickey with the main group who incidentally were not holding back in tackles. Karen was watching but thankfully not needed although every time someone slipped my heart was in my mouth. 

Only caught brief  bit yesterday but saw Harry fly into a few tackles which I liked seeing 

4 hours ago, jambocub said:

It is strange but I read somewhere that he had put in with the reserves. 

Maybe it is a lot of crap and harsh for our captain to do that to him. 

Unless when he was told he could leave he fell out with Stendel. 

Who knows!! 

Sorry that reply was meant for Steve 123. 🙄

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Anyone going to watch training today? Love to hear what’s going on.

I’m going to be in the background watching quite a bit from now on........

E10B816C-29A7-4045-84E6-58BC1AA92488.jpeg

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

Good to hear about the tackling but as you said a bit scary as well knowing our injury record.!!! 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Good to hear about the tackling but as you said a bit scary as well knowing our injury record.!!! 

I wonder if our injury problem has partly been down to a lack of fitness and physical contact in training. I certainly think its partly been down to the negativity that seemed to permeate the squad. 

(Obviously not all the injuries could be attributed to these things).

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

I wonder if our injury problem has partly been down to a lack of fitness and physical contact in training. I certainly think its partly been down to the negativity that seemed to permeate the squad. 

(Obviously not all the injuries could be attributed to these things).

Yip, good point actually. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Only caught brief  bit yesterday but saw Harry fly into a few tackles which I liked seeing 

I'm not sure the manager sees "flying into tackles" as a positive. 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure the manager sees "flying into tackles" as a positive. 

Well he never said anything 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Good that they are training outside too - they need to get used to playing in the weather aswell

I reckon they are quite used to it tbh. 

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Good that they are training outside too - they need to get used to playing in the weather aswell

Yes, they probably aren't used to playing in weather.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Did we just get a load of trialists from Trinidad ?

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Did we do double sessions under Levein? 

I'm convinced last winter break they did triples some days

1 minute ago, bazman said:

I'm convinced last winter break they did triples some days

Fair enough. One of the major problems under that regime was fitness so wondering if that’s what Stendel is trying to improve whilst also doing tactical and ball work sessions.