Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Sorry “relieved him of duties”. He’s now the highest paid tour guide at Riccarton or something, and I think he helps the jannies. 

The only alternative was to make him the highest paid gardener at Hearts. So, help the jannies, dig the garden or tour a prospective manager round and successfully convince him to become our next manager? What one would you choose? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

13 minutes ago, Knicksen said:

This.

Caught a wee bit of training today and our new manager was right in there getting the players fired up and working to his system. Bring on Saturday.

Caught a bit at the end but what I did notice before I got round was the voices could be heard as soon as I got out the carpark,  it's never normally  that lively also looked like a few players were staying out as some of the others went In at the end

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Aye, with McPhee doing his much heralded Video Analysis, and both clowns in charge of recruitment in January ffs??

Is this some kind of never ending nightmare, that just goes on, and on, and on, and............

Can’t believe you are getting upset with this. Both are now out of direct first team responsibilities. That’s what you have been wanting. Stendel suggested at least one of his team are on their way. 
McPhee’s recruitment efforts with us have been pretty good however I didn’t get that Mrs Budge said that McPhee was going to identify who we sign. It was more he would do the negotiations etc as well as overseeing the scouting system, managing relationships eg Man City etc. Between Levein and McPhee it would seem that lots of non first team activities are getting a lot of attention leaving Stendel to sort out the first team. Win/win potentially. 
If you go back to any time between Nov 18 to Oct 19 you would have been delighted with these changes. 

17 minutes ago, Knicksen said:

This.

Caught a wee bit of training today and our new manager was right in there getting the players fired up and working to his system. Bring on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Caught a bit at the end but what I did notice before I got round was the voices could be heard as soon as I got out the carpark,  it's never normally  that lively also looked like a few players were staying out as some of the others went In at the end

Great to hear 

54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Can’t believe you are getting upset with this. Both are now out of direct first team responsibilities. That’s what you have been wanting. Stendel suggested at least one of his team are on their way. 
McPhee’s recruitment efforts with us have been pretty good however I didn’t get that Mrs Budge said that McPhee was going to identify who we sign. It was more he would do the negotiations etc as well as overseeing the scouting system, managing relationships eg Man City etc. Between Levein and McPhee it would seem that lots of non first team activities are getting a lot of attention leaving Stendel to sort out the first team. Win/win potentially. 
If you go back to any time between Nov 18 to Oct 19 you would have been delighted with these changes. 

And, despite our publicly stated confidence about Stendel contract position, I'm certain the main reason neither of his assistants has arrived yet is down to Barnsley assertions re their contract positions too. 

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Aye, with McPhee doing his much heralded Video Analysis, and both clowns in charge of recruitment in January ffs??

Is this some kind of never ending nightmare, that just goes on, and on, and on, and............

I must have missed the bit where it was stated that either Levein or McPhee were IN CHARGE of recruitment

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The only alternative was to make him the highest paid gardener at Hearts. So, help the jannies, dig the garden or tour a prospective manager round and successfully convince him to become our next manager? What one would you choose? 

I'd have him as far away from the club as possible, he can take his monthly wage if he wants. Any influence he has at the club can only be negative.

It's actually worth paying him just to stay away from us.

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I must have missed the bit where it was stated that either Levein or McPhee were IN CHARGE of recruitment

Good point. She said McPhee was working on recruitment. Think typically the manager and SD or acting SD’s would work on recruitment together.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t worry, I agree! If Stendel rejected us and this info came out then I’d be furious. If Levein continues being involved in getting big names to join us like Naismith, Whelan et al, then I’m all for it, as long as he’s not actively involved in the first team. Somewhat of an outside advisor that does us favours whenever we need them, but is distant the rest of the time. 

12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd have him as far away from the club as possible, he can take his monthly wage if he wants. Any influence he has at the club can only be negative.

It's actually worth paying him just to stay away from us.

Yep, Like Levein did with Vanacek, Martin etc 

Levein was hiding in the bushes.    Zapping bolts of negativity at the players.   Just like Emperor Palpatine in the popular fantasy adventure saga,   Star Wars.

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You can fundamentally disagree all you want, I’ve stated my stance. I’ll not be hiring planes or booing from the stands. In the same breath I’ll not be cheering on a bunch of non triers who have embarrassed the club and its support for pretty much the last two years. I’ve read plenty of posters slate Levein (rightly) and Budge (less so) every coach and even the social media team. The players that Stendel views as good enough to keep will still have to regain the respect of the support. Time for some of these players to man the feck up and earn our support.The rot has went in for too long and the players were as much the cause of it as anyone.

You sound as if you are in a giant huff😅

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good point. She said McPhee was working on recruitment. Think typically the manager and SD or acting SD’s would work on recruitment together.

She said he was helping with it.

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

She said he was helping with it.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Helping. That was it. Thanks for the correction.

Partly due to the good relationship he has developed with Man City. 

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Levein was hiding in the bushes.    Zapping bolts of negativity at the players.   Just like Emperor Palpatine in the popular fantasy adventure saga,   Star Wars.

Never heard of it! 

7 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Great to hear 

Yep. How the new manager is getting on with the squad is the only important thing. He almost been forgotten already

Naismith back training yet?

Injured vs Livy and I haven’t heard any timelines for his injury. Didn’t see him on Hearts Instagram Yesterday either. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers for that mate. Give some of it a watch just now.

Buzzing to see what transpires on Saturday. Really hope he gets one of his trusted lieutenants in soon as I think it will help settle things a bit quicker.

Massive game.

2 home League wins in 10 months isn’t going to keep us in the division. These players owe us a string of performances and better be ready to step up.

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Naismith back training yet?

Injured vs Livy and I haven’t heard any timelines for his injury. Didn’t see him on Hearts Instagram Yesterday either. 

Don't know about the training question but Austin MacPhee said he's out for 2 weeks.

To save anyone adding the standard comments we're all aware that 2 weeks for Naismith can sometimes mean longer.

13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

So let me get this right. We have a very respected football analyst at the club.  Our old manager decided that as well as doing what he’s respected for, he should try his hand at coaching as well. Over time the old manager just allowed this respected analyst to take over pretty much all things first team, almost like an apprenticeship in coaching, whilst the old manager spent his days worrying about the academy. This resulted in no one really excelling in their roles and the blurred lines made it impossible for the players to know who to listen to. Monday to Thursday, they listen to the video guy. Friday and Saturday they listen to the manager. This results in the old manger being sacked and a new coach being brought in. People are now upset that, this well respected video analyst guy, is now fully going to focus on his strengthens and stop pretending to be a first team manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ Same people are upset that the old manager, until his contract runs out, has been tasked with looking after his only success over his 5 years at the club. 

Daniel Stendel done something yesterday with the players that they haven’t had for a decent length of time. He was boots on, in amongst them. If yous don’t think that’ll make a huge difference straight away, then you don’t know football very well. Stendels style and enthusiasm will rub off on the players and the players will be buzzing to focus on them and not the opposition for a change. Having MacPhee looking at our opponents and doing the video stuff will only help Stendel get up to speed with Scotland. I also firmly believe that if the coaches are as bad as we think they are then Stendel will be straight on to budge to fix it. 

The paranoia on here is insane. I am buzzing about how things have worked out. 

Interesting cohesive summary free from sick venom!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And factually correct re how the previous coaching structure broke down as I understand it.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You know I wanted Levein away from the managers position more than most. He’s no longer involved and Budge has acted exactly how everyone wanted her to yet people are still finding reasons to be angry. Mental. 

Remember how the players use to be all smiley, jokey in any training videos under Levein? Compare that to the solemn looks on the faces in the last two Hearts have posted on Twitter. Good signs in my opinion.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Shug73 said:

Remember how the players use to be all smiley, jokey in any training videos under Levein? Compare that to the solemn looks on the faces in the last two Hearts have posted on Twitter. Good signs in my opinion.

Doing push-ups in a gale force monsoon on Tuesday might have had something to do with it...

:robboyas:

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Doing push-ups in a gale force monsoon on Tuesday might have had something to do with it...

:robboyas:

I thought they looked a bit glum. Never even thought about the weather.

PhoenixHearts
Just now, GinRummy said:

I hope he batters the shit out of them tbh. 

In the safest way possible of course. Just need to harden them up.

11 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I hope he batters the shit out of them tbh. 

In the safest way possible of course. Just need to harden them up.

Amen to that.

Wish he’d do something with his hair tho , what a scruffy git ,does he not realise that’s what really  matters , none of this coaching piss he seems to be doing ?

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Wish he’d do something with his hair tho , what a scruffy git ,does he not realise that’s what really  matters , none of this coaching piss he seems to be doing ?

I’d love his hair.

47 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’d love his hair.

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Me too ☹️

I’m sure he’d donate some after his next trim,  or if you want grey/white I can post some on  🤔

Edited by 3fingersreid

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe he's just realising what he's got himself into.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:21, busby1985 said:

So let me get this right. We have a very respected football analyst at the club.  Our old manager decided that as well as doing what he’s respected for, he should try his hand at coaching as well. Over time the old manager just allowed this respected analyst to take over pretty much all things first team, almost like an apprenticeship in coaching, whilst the old manager spent his days worrying about the academy. This resulted in no one really excelling in their roles and the blurred lines made it impossible for the players to know who to listen to. Monday to Thursday, they listen to the video guy. Friday and Saturday they listen to the manager. This results in the old manger being sacked and a new coach being brought in. People are now upset that, this well respected video analyst guy, is now fully going to focus on his strengthens and stop pretending to be a first team manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ Same people are upset that the old manager, until his contract runs out, has been tasked with looking after his only success over his 5 years at the club. 

Daniel Stendel done something yesterday with the players that they haven’t had for a decent length of time. He was boots on, in amongst them. If yous don’t think that’ll make a huge difference straight away, then you don’t know football very well. Stendels style and enthusiasm will rub off on the players and the players will be buzzing to focus on them and not the opposition for a change. Having MacPhee looking at our opponents and doing the video stuff will only help Stendel get up to speed with Scotland. I also firmly believe that if the coaches are as bad as we think they are then Stendel will be straight on to budge to fix it. 

What a great post. Pretty damn informative too.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 11/12/2019 at 11:21, busby1985 said:

Great post and the summary as to what transpired is exactly what happened as I understand it.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:34, AlphonseCapone said:

Innerjambo, head to the pub or something.

LOL

On 11/12/2019 at 13:49, jambocub said:

Again, good to hear. Towards the end of Levein’s time I was led to believe that the only voice you could hear at training was Naismith.

The likes of Walker will be a potential problem for him, he was very childish under Cathro with all his sniggering in the corner, granted Cathro was pish. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

The likes of Walker will be a potential problem for him, he was very childish under Cathro with all his sniggering in the corner, granted Cathro was pish. 

Yet played one of his best games ever for us on the Cathro Huns game. 

EDIT - although no doubt trying to get a move there whilst doing so....

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

He was a funny age. Hopefully matured a bit.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Wish my hair was as scruffy as his 😩

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Scruffy hair, a wee bit too long and unkempt is a pretty cool look, in my opinion.  :) 

19 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Cheers for that mate. Give some of it a watch just now.

Buzzing to see what transpires on Saturday. Really hope he gets one of his trusted lieutenants in soon as I think it will help settle things a bit quicker.

Watched a bit of training today was very impressed really intense training. 

Rondos are getting there fast one touch passing, drills look really good and fun all about keeping the ball, movement off the ball and most importantly his philosophy attack attack once this guy gets his own coaches in i can see the team improving even more. 

Takes players to the side to explain what they are doing wrong players accept it he smiles and gives Meshino Walker and others a cuddle i may be getting carried away here but I think Daniel Stendels time at Hearts is going to be very special 👍🇱🇻

Edit 

Most importantly him showing the team how to press properly and getting involved in the 3v3 and 2v2 games. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rondos are getting there fast one touch passing, drills look really good and fun all about keeping the ball, movement off the ball and most importantly his philosophy attack attack once this guy gets his own coaches in i can see the team improving even more. 

Takes players to the side to explain what they are doing wrong players accept it he smiles and gives Meshino Walker and others a cuddle i may be getting carried away here but I think Daniel Stendels time at Hearts is going to be very special 👍🇱🇻

Cheers for that again mate. 

All sounds very promising. Sounds as if the players are buying into him to which is fantastic. Can't wait to see what Saturday brings. Absolutely buzzing for the game. 

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Edit 

Most importantly him showing the team how to press properly and getting involved in the 3v3 and 2v2 games. 

Good to hear.