Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Levein and McPhee still trying to orchestrate things in the background and advise Stendel on the best players to bring in, to achieve bottom of the table. You just couldn't make it up........only at Hearts.

ffs, its not just you mate but others aswell need to get out the rut, we have a new manager and he will be IN CHARGE of first team affairs, its not Vlad running the club:kickhat:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

ffs, its not just you mate but others aswell need to get out the rut, we have a new manager and he will be IN CHARGE of first team affairs, its not Vlad running the club:kickhat:

Aye, with McPhee doing his much heralded Video Analysis, and both clowns in charge of recruitment in January ffs??

Is this some kind of never ending nightmare, that just goes on, and on, and on, and............

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Levein and McPhee still trying to orchestrate things in the background and advise Stendel on the best players to bring in, to achieve bottom of the table. You just couldn't make it up........only at Hearts.

:cornette::levein_interesting:

Just now, innerjambo said:

Aye, with McPhee doing his much heralded Video Analysis, and both clowns in charge of recruitment in January ffs??

Is this some kind of never ending nightmare, that just goes on, and on, and on, and............

Who do you think has the final say in who comes in??

Stendel will tell AM which type of players he wants and AM will try and find,

CL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RECRUITMENT EITHER 

29 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

What I noticed at Kilmarnock was that every ball was to a standing man, no putting it in front for them to go onto, or any one two,s, let's hope Daniel gets that part sorted toot sweet. Some of them could have played with their suits on and went straight to the reception without having a shower.

I've been saying this for nearly 18 months,  CL himself said it was an issue at half time against Cowdenbeath in last season's league cup group game, changed in the 2nd half of that game where we started playing passes a yard or two in front of the intended target and we went from 0-0 at HT to 5-0 at full time. Then haven't seen us do it very often if at all since.

been here before
14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You could though.

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You can fundamentally disagree all you want, I’ve stated my stance. I’ll not be hiring planes or booing from the stands. In the same breath I’ll not be cheering on a bunch of non triers who have embarrassed the club and its support for pretty much the last two years. I’ve read plenty of posters slate Levein (rightly) and Budge (less so) every coach and even the social media team. The players that Stendel views as good enough to keep will still have to regain the respect of the support. Time for some of these players to man the feck up and earn our support.The rot has went in for too long and the players were as much the cause of it as anyone.

I’m living in hope that these very same players can put a bit pride back into us all, due to Stendel’s being here. If that happens, we’ll all be happy. 🇱🇻

23 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

He may well do. But he’s not had to endure the shite that we have had to for two seasons from a bunch of non trying excuse makers. And why are they having to prove themselves now? They should have been doing that every week regardless.  I don’t see Hearts in a number of these players. Stendel will probably already have a good idea of who he wants rid of. He’s watched games and has been told by Budge he’ll need to lose players before bringing any in. I trust he’ll get rid of the right ones. The ones who will soon find out that they have just wasted the best chance of their career as they will not play for better clubs than Hearts.

He will pick the team not the fans. I confident he will use his judgement and bin the shit and keep the good ones as he sees it. He will no doubt bring in his Own’s players based on his needs. 

11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

What does a video analyst do for the manager? I would suggest he does what the manager asks him to do. 
Stendel wants to know what player A does off the ball to support the game plan, analyst troll the videos and puts together a package which highlights player A,s movements. Couple that with the players on field tracking and you get the picture you want. 

So let me get this right. We have a very respected football analyst at the club.  Our old manager decided that as well as doing what he’s respected for, he should try his hand at coaching as well. Over time the old manager just allowed this respected analyst to take over pretty much all things first team, almost like an apprenticeship in coaching, whilst the old manager spent his days worrying about the academy. This resulted in no one really excelling in their roles and the blurred lines made it impossible for the players to know who to listen to. Monday to Thursday, they listen to the video guy. Friday and Saturday they listen to the manager. This results in the old manger being sacked and a new coach being brought in. People are now upset that, this well respected video analyst guy, is now fully going to focus on his strengthens and stop pretending to be a first team manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ Same people are upset that the old manager, until his contract runs out, has been tasked with looking after his only success over his 5 years at the club. 

Daniel Stendel done something yesterday with the players that they haven’t had for a decent length of time. He was boots on, in amongst them. If yous don’t think that’ll make a huge difference straight away, then you don’t know football very well. Stendels style and enthusiasm will rub off on the players and the players will be buzzing to focus on them and not the opposition for a change. Having MacPhee looking at our opponents and doing the video stuff will only help Stendel get up to speed with Scotland. I also firmly believe that if the coaches are as bad as we think they are then Stendel will be straight on to budge to fix it. 

The paranoia on here is insane. I am buzzing about how things have worked out. 

6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

What does a video analyst do for the manager? I would suggest he does what the manager asks him to do. 
Stendel wants to know what player A does off the ball to support the game plan, analyst troll the videos and puts together a package which highlights player A,s movements. Couple that with the players on field tracking and you get the picture you want. 

And it also analyses in great detail exactly how the opposition play, and how best to stop them. Like that's really really worked wonders for us these last 2 years. I mean, look where we are in the league, clearly it's working!!

12 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

What happened to the clean slates and unity folk were talking about on here? I opened this thread with an interest in how todays training was, yet there are punters having a pop at Jamie Walker  FFS boys have a day off eh.

The Motherwell game has gone, as has every other miserable performance we've witnessed over the last couple of years. Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt under Stendel, there's enough flack being thrown at us by the media right now, the last thing we need is Jambos joining in with them.

I'll exclude CL from that!

Just now, innerjambo said:

And it also analyses in great detail exactly how the opposition play, and how best to stop them. Like that's really really worked wonders for us these last 2 years. I mean, look where we are in the league, clearly it's working!!

Yep and that’s what the New Manger will do. I’d imagine with new eyes assessing what the video analyst has put together and make his own assessment based on his game plan and ability of the players. 

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I don't think people understand this. A coach/backroom staff member only does what their manager tells them to do. There's no way for us to know if these coaches are good unless we see them under a good manager. 

This is a different sport, but same idea. I played a season of American Football in uni after I finished playing real football. We won 1/10 games that season. Our Head Coaches 4 years saw something like 8 wins out of 50. He was sacked before the last game of the season I played. All of his coaches had been with him for 1-3 years. Were they sacked as well? Nope. Did some stay and help the next manager get 7 wins the next season? Yep. Did some instantly leave and move to other, much bigger universities, despite their horrific record? Yep. One of them that I keep in contact with left our NAIA school(think 2000-5000 fans) and went to a D1 school(think 20,000-100,000 fans). 

Now, some of these coaches may be pish, but as fans, we have absolutely no clue if they are. Stendel will find out for himself, and instead of paying off 4 or 5 contracts on a whim, he'll get an educated look at it. Imagine the rage if one of our "failures" went on to an EPL team...

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Yep and that’s what the New Manger will do. I’d imagine with new eyes assessing what the video analyst has put together and make his own assessment based on his game plan and ability of the players. 

Aye, and then hopefully realise quickly that McPhee actually hasn't got a scooby!!

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So let me get this right. We have a very respected football analyst at the club.  Our old manager decided that as well as doing what he’s respected for, he should try his hand at coaching as well. Over time the old manager just allowed this respected analyst to take over pretty much all things first team, almost like an apprenticeship in coaching, whilst the old manager spent his days worrying about the academy. This resulted in no one really excelling in their roles and the blurred lines made it impossible for the players to know who to listen to. Monday to Thursday, they listen to the video guy. Friday and Saturday they listen to the manager. This results in the old manger being sacked and a new coach being brought in. People are now upset that, this well respected video analyst guy, is now fully going to focus on his strengthens and stop pretending to be a first team manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ Same people are upset that the old manager, until his contract runs out, has been tasked with looking after his only success over his 5 years at the club. 

Daniel Stendel done something yesterday with the players that they haven’t had for a decent length of time. He was boots on, in amongst them. If yous don’t think that’ll make a huge difference straight away, then you don’t know football very well. Stendels style and enthusiasm will rub off on the players and the players will be buzzing to focus on them and not the opposition for a change. Having MacPhee looking at our opponents and doing the video stuff will only help Stendel get up to speed with Scotland. I also firmly believe that if the coaches are as bad as we think they are then Stendel will be straight on to budge to fix it. 

Could be the start of something special?  Let's see what happens in the next few games,, and if the football is more pleasing 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Aye, and then hopefully realise quickly that McPhee actually hasn't got a scooby!!

You regularly attend training and office sessions and analyse the coaches performance and grade them on a quantifiable scale? Your day job must give you a lot of free time!

12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

You regularly attend training and office sessions and analyse the coaches performance and grade them on a quantifiable scale? Your day job must give you a lot of free time!

I understand that we are bottom of the table, and that you're relaxed and cool with it. That tells me everything I need to know.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

I understand that we are bottom of the table, and that you're relaxed and cool with it. That tells me everything I need to know.

Nope. Never said that. You don't have a scooby whats going on in training, who is a good coach and who isn't. You probably dislike AM because he's a hippy....

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Nope. Never said that. You don't have a scooby whats going on in training, who is a good coach and who isn't. You probably dislike AM because he's a hippy....

Bottom of the table for a reason I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Bottom of the table for a reason I'm afraid. 

Yeah, we sacked him. A coach only follows orders of the head coach or manager. If you'd played in any decent level sports team you'd understand that. The good coaches are usually the loyal ones too. They'll follow orders even if they disagree. As a young coach you'll go nowhere in the game if you disobey your manager.

I'm not saying these coaches are good, i'm just saying none of us have a clue of their abilities. 

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Even stranger - A hippy wearing a three piece suit.

A hippy wearing a three piece suit, who hasn't got a clue about coaching a football team. 

Horatio Caine

I think the first thing DS has to do is get the players back to enjoying their football and feeling good about themselves.  I don't think that has happened for a long time.

August Landmesser
49 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

:spoton:

Especially about the paranoia, this place is crazy right now!

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

:spoton:

Especially about the paranoia, this place is crazy right now!

I'm getting paranoid! I thought I saw plane mentioned in your post but no it was place....

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

I'm getting paranoid! I thought I saw plane mentioned in your post but no it was place....

🤣

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Talk pish. This shite has went on long enough. Levein is looking after the academy. The kids! He wont have anything to do with 1st team affairs. Do you think DS will allow any of that? Of course not. 

Even if he isn't and I don't think he is it will get used in the press.I actually can't remember her saying Craig or Austin were acting Sporting directors at all.Levein was hardly mentioned and Austin got a mention about recruitment( glorified scout for all we know )

14 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did you notice if Jamie Walker was there? He did a great job of playing hide and seek at Motherwell. 

I remember as a kid being found behind trees, in a skip and even under a car ... how can Jamie hide on a flat open surface under really bright lights?  That's Pro level.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Can you link to where Ann said Craig would be in charge of January recruiting?

5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Correct, folks hatred for Levein and some of the players is greater than the love for the club. New manager ,new start 

To an extent I agree. But not so sure I can give all the players a clean slate. These last few months have told us lots about the character and mental toughness of our squad, and apart from Michael Smith, there’s few senior players covered themselves in glory.

47 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Yeah, we sacked him. A coach only follows orders of the head coach or manager. If you'd played in any decent level sports team you'd understand that. The good coaches are usually the loyal ones too. They'll follow orders even if they disagree. As a young coach you'll go nowhere in the game if you disobey your manager.

I'm not saying these coaches are good, i'm just saying none of us have a clue of their abilities. 

Who did we sack?

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

I've been saying this for nearly 18 months,  CL himself said it was an issue at half time against Cowdenbeath in last season's league cup group game, changed in the 2nd half of that game where we started playing passes a yard or two in front of the intended target and we went from 0-0 at HT to 5-0 at full time. Then haven't seen us do it very often if at all since.

It's funny because when I was younger, one of the first things my Dad taught me about football was to play the pass in front to allow them to run onto. Since then that's what I always do even playing 5's. It's amazing even there how much people moan if you don't play it right to their feet.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

An excellent post in amongst a sea of utter shite . These hobo wallopers on here will disappear soon enough , it's just a pity they're clogging up every single thread atm . 

Those of us who actually attend Hearts games have watched Craig Levein's influence on this football club take us downhill at an alarming rate.

Some actually seem shocked that Hearts supporters don't want CL involved anymore. If some people on here had actually watched this side over the last few years, then they would know why its important to start over.

The disappointing thing for me was that Ann previously alluded to us appointing an SD, yet now we are making use of CL and AM resource in the meantime. I can only hope this is a temporary solution.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

A hippy wearing a three piece suit, who hasn't got a clue about coaching a football team. 

He was learning though. The first 40 minutes at Motherwell were the best I've seen from Hearts for months. Against Livi they should have been two up in the first 20 minutes, kept going to the last, and could have won it late on.   

been here before
31 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I remember as a kid being found behind trees, in a skip and even under a car ... how can Jamie hide on a flat open surface under really bright lights?  That's Pro level.

Perhaps something along these lines...

young-busienss-man-wearing-suit-made-of-grass-laying-on-lawn-elevated-view-symphonie.jpg.931ec3d4be0419d3980608e4e1d90f89.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Those of us who actually attend Hearts games have watched Craig Levein's influence on this football club take us downhill at an alarming rate.

Some actually seem shocked that Hearts supporters don't want CL involved anymore. If some people on here had actually watched this side over the last few years, then they would know why its important to start over.

The disappointing thing for me was that Ann previously alluded to us appointing an SD, yet now we are making use of CL and AM resource in the meantime. I can only hope this is a temporary solution.

I’m with you on this.

people can bookmark this if they want but come the end of Craig Leveins contract in the summer he will be given a new one with us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, MacPhee said:

totally disagree. 

I think you misunderstood. Kickback will not become a happy place for Stendel or anyone else. But I don't mind the endless vitriol. Cyber shite 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Good post: very much hope things pan out as you outline.

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Do you mean your posts?

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

This.

Caught a wee bit of training today and our new manager was right in there getting the players fired up and working to his system. Bring on Saturday.

48 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Who did we sack?

Sorry “relieved him of duties”. He’s now the highest paid tour guide at Riccarton or something, and I think he helps the jannies.