Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Clips on Insta and Twitter from the official site

Edited footage of course but it looked sharp, high intensity, some stamina training/HIIT mixed in there.

Any reports from people that know any players as to their thoughts?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

50 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Clips on Insta and Twitter from the official site

Edited footage of course but it looked sharp, high intensity, some stamina training/HIIT mixed in there.

Any reports from people that know any players as to their thoughts?

The detail it looked like he was going into in the wee rondos interested me. Starting small with working in 2’s to pressure the ball and force a mistake/win the ball. I think that will be the key to his success. 

Obviously he’ll need to build up to working as a full team, but still. 

35 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did you notice if Jamie Walker was there? He did a great job of playing hide and seek at Motherwell. 

Probs fell and held his leg every 5 minutes.

Stendel will have him worked out already as a joker

Edited by Jeff

What happened to the clean slates and unity folk were talking about on here? I opened this thread with an interest in how todays training was, yet there are punters having a pop at Jamie Walker  FFS boys have a day off eh.

The Motherwell game has gone, as has every other miserable performance we've witnessed over the last couple of years. Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt under Stendel, there's enough flack being thrown at us by the media right now, the last thing we need is Jambos joining in with them.

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

What happened to the clean slates and unity folk were talking about on here? I opened this thread with an interest in how todays training was, yet there are punters having a pop at Jamie Walker  FFS boys have a day off eh.

The Motherwell game has gone, as has every other miserable performance we've witnessed over the last couple of years. Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt under Stendel, there's enough flack being thrown at us by the media right now, the last thing we need is Jambos joining in with them.

I worry this forum is broken beyond repair. It's in a much worse state than the team!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nothing will change with a new manager. 

Fresh targets for vitriol are required, let's move on to the players 

52 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did you notice if Jamie Walker was there? He did a great job of playing hide and seek at Motherwell. 

Before he broke his leg, I thought we were starting to see the old Jamie Walker again. I still think we will be glad we re signed him.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Ma sides 🤣🤣🤣👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

36 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Fair does but at the same time I was delighted when he left the first time due to the same nonsense we've seen in the last few weeks. How many chances does he get?

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Źzzzzzzzzz......Mason Boyne's on the march.

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Fair does but at the same time I was delighted when he left the first time due to the same nonsense we've seen in the last few weeks. How many chances does he get?

I was as pissed off as the next guy at the way he left. Could’ve crashed and burned elsewhere for all I cared. But he’s back, and pre injury, showed he was committed to the cause (IMO). Anyway, it’s all in the past for me, Stendel offers a new start, I reckon we should leave the past behind and look forward with a renewed enthusiasm. 👍🏼

57 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

The Motherwell game has gone, as has every other miserable performance we've witnessed over the last couple of years. Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt under Stendel, there's enough flack being thrown at us by the media right now, the last thing we need is Jambos joining in with them

Not everybody is happy to give these players a clean slate, me being one of them. They can fecking work hard to regain my respect. Too many of them have been work shy, something I detest, and they have - and will continue to be - found out. When I have to bust my balls to be able to earn the money to afford to go to games I expect comparable effort from those I pay to watch. Some of them are not worthy of our support.

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not everybody is happy to give these players a clean slate, me being one of them. They can fecking work hard to regain my respect. Too many of them have been work shy, something I detest, and they have - and will continue to be - found out. When I have to bust my balls to be able to earn the money to afford to go to games I expect comparable effort from those I pay to watch. Some of them are not worthy of our support.

Very good and very justified.  Give them the clean slate when they've earned respect again.  

PhoenixHearts

Glad he had them outside in the apocalyptic elements today. Whole squad needs toughened up.

I also feel like under Levein, McPhee, Daly and Fox the focus was too much on ticky tack passing and overly analytical stat basedsl stuff as opposed to just getting the team fit and into the competitive mindset like Neilson did.

A wee run up Gullane dunes in summer isn't going to last you til December. It has to be constant conditioning.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Well said bud👏👏👏

We all need to get behind Stendel and give him and the players time to adapt to his new system.

Toxteth O'Grady
7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Budge suggesting it might be a busy transfer window in January.....

Sale of Hickey to fund it perhaps?

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Each to their own but I fundamentally disagree. The last thing Stendel needs is this kind of attitude emanating from the stands. We’ve pushed the boat out to get him, the least HE deserves is for us to back what he’s trying to implement, and giving his side breathing space at Tynie is included in that. As I say tho, I’m certainly not telling anyone what to think here, but I just think your attitude is the wrong way to go. We are either all in it together or we’re not. Forget the past, it’s done. One final point tho, I’ll happily give the players the benefit of the doubt safe in the knowledge that if they don’t immediately buck up their ideas, Stendel will have them dropped ASAP. When was the last time we could say that??

8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I worry this forum is broken beyond repair. It's in a much worse state than the team!

Correct, folks hatred for Levein and some of the players is greater than the love for the club. New manager ,new start 

8 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yes he was there

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Probs fell and held his leg every 5 minutes.

Stendel will have him worked out already as a joker

Joker in what sense?

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Correct, folks hatred for Levein and some of the players is greater than the love for the club. New manager ,new start 

The flip side is just as bad. The desperation to defend the clubs poor decisions regarding CL and the first team are frankly incomprehensible. It’s amazing that we’ve started a new era at the club with every single coach along with CL and AM still there.

8 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Well said now's the time to back each other and stuff the rest 

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The flip side is just as bad. The desperation to defend the clubs poor decisions regarding CL and the first team are frankly incomprehensible. It’s amazing that we’ve started a new era at the club with every single coach along with CL and AM still there.

Imagine wanting to back the club at the start of a new era. Crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Imagine wanting to back the club at the start of a new era. Crazy stuff.

you must’ve quoted me by mistake. How you can arrive at this post from what I said is anyone’s guess.

35 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Yes he was there

Joker in what sense?

Rarely gives 100%, shit scared of Marvin Bartley, trying his hardest to be subbed and so on

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Rarely gives 100%, shit scared of Marvin Bartley, trying his hardest to be subbed and so on

Was is not Bartley who tried to shove his finger up the rectum of another player?

I'd be shit scared of him too tbh.

11 hours ago, Dayman said:

The detail it looked like he was going into in the wee rondos interested me. Starting small with working in 2’s to pressure the ball and force a mistake/win the ball. I think that will be the key to his success. 

Obviously he’ll need to build up to working as a full team, but still. 

Working in 2s to force a mistake,unless its Berra on the ball when we sit back and wait for it to go into touch anyway 

In fairness though every one gets a clean slate but they will have to improve massively to impress this manager and buy into his style of play,if they remain passive and languid they will not be in the team.

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you think Daniel Stendel will give these players a clean slate to prove themselves and prove they can do what he asks them to do?

Players have the next 5 games to convince the fans and the manager if they are worthy enough to play for Hearts 

I may not like it, and have my candidates for who are wage thiefs but every one of them gets a clean slate for now 

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Players have the next 5 games to convince the fans and the manager if they are worthy enough to play for Hearts 

I may not like it, and have my candidates for who are wage thiefs but every one of them gets a clean slate for now 

Definitely. Sniping at individual players is pointless. One manager can get completely different things from players than another. 

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Exactly. Trouble is I often wonder which club they love. It is certainly not the JT's

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Each to their own but I fundamentally disagree. The last thing Stendel needs is this kind of attitude emanating from the stands. We’ve pushed the boat out to get him, the least HE deserves is for us to back what he’s trying to implement, and giving his side breathing space at Tynie is included in that. As I say tho, I’m certainly not telling anyone what to think here, but I just think your attitude is the wrong way to go. We are either all in it together or we’re not. Forget the past, it’s done. One final point tho, I’ll happily give the players the benefit of the doubt safe in the knowledge that if they don’t immediately buck up their ideas, Stendel will have them dropped ASAP. When was the last time we could say that??

I agree with what you say👍

Time for a siege mentality to kick in. 

The media hate us but we don't care let's shut them up by moving up the table. 

Best way to do that is by getting behind the new manager and putting all the old issues to one side. 

I highly doubt if DS would have accepted the situation with the coaching staff if he wasn't happy about it. 

What I noticed at Kilmarnock was that every ball was to a standing man, no putting it in front for them to go onto, or any one two,s, let's hope Daniel gets that part sorted toot sweet. Some of them could have played with their suits on and went straight to the reception without having a shower.

5 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

What I noticed at Kilmarnock was that every ball was to a standing man, no putting it in front for them to go onto, or any one two,s, let's hope Daniel gets that part sorted toot sweet. Some of them could have played with their suits on and went straight to the reception without having a shower.

:spoton: we’ve had a very static 11 for the majority of the past 3 years.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Correct. The haters can't change

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

:spoton: we’ve had a very static 11 for the majority of the past 3 years.

I know Liverpool are an extreme example but that forward 3 are off and running as soon as the midfield have the ball or as soon as Van Dijk has it.

35 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Do you think Daniel Stendel will give these players a clean slate to prove themselves and prove they can do what he asks them to do?

He may well do. But he’s not had to endure the shite that we have had to for two seasons from a bunch of non trying excuse makers. And why are they having to prove themselves now? They should have been doing that every week regardless.  I don’t see Hearts in a number of these players. Stendel will probably already have a good idea of who he wants rid of. He’s watched games and has been told by Budge he’ll need to lose players before bringing any in. I trust he’ll get rid of the right ones. The ones who will soon find out that they have just wasted the best chance of their career as they will not play for better clubs than Hearts.

4 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sale of Hickey to fund it perhaps?

Hope so (not that I want him sold).

£5M on 6 new players. Goodbye to 6 existing ones.

Mon the Hearts!

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I know Liverpool are an extreme example but that forward 3 are off and running as soon as the midfield have the ball or as soon as Van Dijk has it.

It’s a very good point, regardless of the extreme example of Liverpool. We win the ball and too many players just stand around waiting to see what happens.

46 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

He said he’d watched our last 3 games so I’d imagine he will already have an idea about certain players and wether they are suited to his style of play. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope so (not that I want him sold).

£5M on 6 new players. Goodbye to 6 existing ones.

Mon the Hearts!

Dream like scenario. Would gladly sacrifice Hickey for a few major changes.

Levein and McPhee still trying to orchestrate things in the background and advise Stendel on the best players to bring in, to achieve bottom of the table. You just couldn't make it up........only at Hearts.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Levein and McPhee still trying to orchestrate things in the background and advise Stendel on the best players to bring in, to achieve bottom of the table. You just couldn't make it up........only at Hearts.

Talk pish. This shite has went on long enough. Levein is looking after the academy. The kids! He wont have anything to do with 1st team affairs. Do you think DS will allow any of that? Of course not. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Cool story.

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

You can fundamentally disagree all you want, I’ve stated my stance. I’ll not be hiring planes or booing from the stands. In the same breath I’ll not be cheering on a bunch of non triers who have embarrassed the club and its support for pretty much the last two years. I’ve read plenty of posters slate Levein (rightly) and Budge (less so) every coach and even the social media team. The players that Stendel views as good enough to keep will still have to regain the respect of the support. Time for some of these players to man the feck up and earn our support.The rot has went in for too long and the players were as much the cause of it as anyone.