Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Салатные палочки

• Maroon Sailor

• Batistuta87

17 hours ago, dannymack said:

What about Alexanders ? 

IMG_20191211_160110.jpg

Is that John Souttar?  Middle of the top row. 

He's been around a lot longer than I thought. 

• 2 months later...
Borders Jambo
On 12/12/2019 at 09:50, SUTOL said:

Is that John Souttar?  Middle of the top row. 

He's been around a lot longer than I thought. 

Looks like Neil Irvine who I think was on our books for a while.

20 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

Anyone seen /heard /bought anything from this site? Never seen it before but it came up on my Facebook and looks to have a few older tops, sadly not the inter style one https://dunnottar.scot/shirts/?sort=featured&page=8

It’s on next page, really tempted looks smashing but hopefully someone else has used them previously 

On 10/12/2019 at 21:25, ToqueJambo said:

Why would anyone buy one of the grey Mita tops? 

It will forever be associated with 7 of the worst days in our history. I'm still convinced if we'd worn maroon we would be talking about a double that season.

Exactly,, who the f....k would want to buy a retro shirt that saw us lose a double in a week?      Eh no f....g chance  horrible silver effort ,,,,,,hated it then and despise it now !!!

Weakened Offender

It was a cracker at the time but it is very associated with how that season panned out, which is a bit of a shame. 

This season's black top is a cracker too, unfortunately. 🙄

Edited by Weakened Offender

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Jamie86 said:

Anyone seen /heard /bought anything from this site? Never seen it before but it came up on my Facebook and looks to have a few older tops, sadly not the inter style one https://dunnottar.scot/shirts/?sort=featured&page=8

Wouldn't trust it to be honest. Look at the actual Hearts shirts they have made and compare them to the computer images. Guaranteed you'll not get the same quality of shirt you see in the computer image. 

The 86 shirt on there looks blue. 

On 10/12/2019 at 17:25, ToqueJambo said:

It will forever be associated with 7 of the worst days in our history. I'm still convinced if we'd worn maroon we would be talking about a double that season.

Exactly 

8 hours ago, Jamie86 said:

Yeah I have used this site before, twice, with mixed results tbh.

First time was happy enough with the item I bought (not over the moon) and 2nd time got a bit messy and ended up just getting a refund and the guy haggling over literally a couple of pound he was due me. My verdict was ok/meh but wouldnt get my custom again. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

First time was happy enough with the item I bought (not over the moon) and 2nd time got a bit messy and ended up just getting a refund and the guy haggling over literally a couple of pound he was due me. My verdict was ok/meh but wouldnt get my custom again. 

What shirts did you get if you don't mind me asking? 

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Ah OK, sounds like I should stay clear then! 

Worthing Jambo
12 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

Correct.

I think it was at his 18th, at a snooker club in Fountainbridge, when Robbo took penalties with Kenny Black in goals, on the dance floor.

😂

Borders Jambo
21 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Correct.

I think it was at his 18th, at a snooker club in Fountainbridge, when Robbo took penalties with Kenny Black in goals, on the dance floor.

😂

I was at school with Neil - v good footballer and nice guy.

Worthing Jambo
26 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

I was at school with Neil - v good footballer and nice guy.

Currie High?

Was offered a full time contract by Doddie but chose to stay part time. I think he was never really in the frame after that. As you say, a good football player.

I remember him telling us about a young striker coming through to keep an eye on.

Was better than his brother apparently 😁

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

What shirts did you get if you don't mind me asking? 

The shirt I ordered that I ended up getting refunded was the yellow Mo Johnston/Dens Park top....my first one I think was the Mita silver one, but that was ok, and I quickly tucked that away in amongst all my other Hearts bumf I have bought over the years, collecting dust....

I was peeved with the guys attitude more than the quality or otherwise of the product...they aint perfect so just be aware is all....

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

The shirt I ordered that I ended up getting refunded was the yellow Mo Johnston/Dens Park top....my first one I think was the Mita silver one, but that was ok, and I quickly tucked that away in amongst all my other Hearts bumf I have bought over the years, collecting dust....

I was peeved with the guys attitude more than the quality or otherwise of the product...they aint perfect so just be aware is all....

I had a look at some of the shirts and I'm not sure the product justifies the high price.  I recently got a Glentoran 1985 shirt from a page on FB. It cost me £50 but it's spot on. Has all the Adidas labels, stitched badges etc. I also got the Juve 96 third shirt off DHGate and for £18 I couldn't have asked for anymore. 

This guys shirts seem a bit iffy and he's looking for around £40 for them. 

• 1 month later...
colinmaroon
On 10/12/2019 at 21:47, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have an original silver strip and have never worn it out in case someone starts all that bad luck stuff.

I remember that time as an exciting near miss and any pain was washed away when we finally won the cup.

Sure you haven't been sleepwalking with it on for the last year?

ford donald

Funnily enough i have always liked the grey top,but as you say disaster end to the season.

Berra than you

This guy cancels orders too. Twice I have tried to buy shirts from them only to be informed two weeks later that there has not been enough uptake and therefore my order isn't processed. I get that from a small business point of view this is sensible albeit it disappointing. I see the shirts are still on the website aswell 

Robbo-Jambo
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 21:05, Borders Jambo said:

Yip, it is.

He used to work for the Royal Bank at the time.

Correct!

Get it tae feck!

Apart from the horrific week that was, I remember the "jokes" at the time...MITA won the league, MITA won the cup. GTF!

Terrible idea to resurrect that shite.

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

This guy cancels orders too. Twice I have tried to buy shirts from them only to be informed two weeks later that there has not been enough uptake and therefore my order isn't processed. I get that from a small business point of view this is sensible albeit it disappointing. I see the shirts are still on the website aswell 

Correct. Spot on. See my previous posts. 😡😩

12 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Used to have this away top as a kid, still one of my favourite Hearts strips but don't remember it having grey through it, always thought it was pure white (well the kids version was anyway)?

https://dunnottar.scot/hearts-away-1987-88/

It was pure white with the maroon  band. 

The Fluorescent Zebra
14 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Used to have this away top as a kid, still one of my favourite Hearts strips but don't remember it having grey through it, always thought it was pure white (well the kids version was anyway)?

https://dunnottar.scot/hearts-away-1987-88/

You're right - that one on his site is the 86/87 away strip, rather than the 87/88 away top, which as you say, was pure white with a maroon wrap collar

3 hours ago, jambogemz said:

It was pure white with the maroon  band. 

27 minutes ago, The Fluorescent Zebra said:

You're right - that one on his site is the 86/87 away strip, rather than the 87/88 away top, which as you say, was pure white with a maroon wrap collar

👍

Thanks guys, thought my memory was starting to go. I'm old but not that old!! 

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only if you are still a 90s size. 

Still the same shape I was in '93.

At least that's what I like to imagine 😢

www.retroshirts.co does some great replicas. I got an Inter style away and the matching home top for something like £42 each inc postage, both are cracking copies with everything in the right place, badges look accurate etc, good thick quality material as well. 

No Hearts tops on the site just now but if you message them through their Facebook page they may have one or two lying around, and if you ask nicely they might even do you a one-off order for one. 

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Finally, we were down at Newcastle 6-7 years ago and they had all their classic tops on sale. 

I noticed Celtic had about 8 retro shirts in when I passed their hideous shop in Glasgow Airport last year. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Finally, we were down at Newcastle 6-7 years ago and they had all their classic tops on sale. 

Love this idea. Love this shirt. I just wish we were allowed to have the Asics logo as it really does take something away from it. 

I wonder what the 12 will be. Will be an interesting year if they're doing one every month :) 

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

www.retroshirts.co does some great replicas. I got an Inter style away and the matching home top for something like £42 each inc postage, both are cracking copies with everything in the right place, badges look accurate etc, good thick quality material as well. 

No Hearts tops on the site just now but if you message them through their Facebook page they may have one or two lying around, and if you ask nicely they might even do you a one-off order for one. 

If it's the same place I'm thinking of, they have a Facebook group and they do do  requests, which is cool. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Love this idea. Love this shirt. I just wish we were allowed to have the Asics logo as it really does take something away from it. 

I wonder what the 12 will be. Will be an interesting year if they're doing one every month :) 

There's a guy on ebay I have ordered iron on badges from before for a couple of my Score Draw Scotland shirts. He knocks up manufacturers and sponsor logos on request. I'm sure he could do an Asics one easily. 

In fact, I think this is his Facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/footballcreations1/

Edited by Salad Fingers

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I noticed Celtic had about 8 retro shirts in when I passed their hideous shop in Glasgow Airport last year. 

We’ve had a couple ourselves, it must’ve been about 30 up on one wall in the huge Newcastle shop, was some sight tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A little bit, they usually have the sponsor but not the manufacturer. 
Just bought one 😆
Might not need much for Xmas at this rate 😱🤣

Edited by Pasquale for King

On 10/12/2019 at 21:20, dannymack said:

The 1983/84, 84/85, 85/86 away top is embarrassingly wrong with the V-neck incorrect, also according to a new buyer the quality is exactly the same as the retro tops that appeared on eBay lately.

The one from 1970/71 looks ok but with the crest on it and the short sleeves* I'm give it a thumbs down.

* Long sleeves that season

IMG-20191210-WA0010.jpg

Screenshot_20191210_124457.jpg

received_507117683346429.jpeg

IMG_20190901_184545.jpg

02_Untitled-6copy_rdax_80.jpg

FB_IMG_1493278942892.jpg

IMG_20191210_211739.jpg

IMG_20191210_211345.jpg

IMG_20191210_211654.jpg

IMG_20191210_211714.jpg

gettyimages-1627206-612x612.jpg

12_Untitled-5copy_rdax_80.jpg

Never want to see that silver strip again! 🙈

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Never want to see that silver strip again! 🙈

I can’t understand why anyone who witnessed what happened in 1986 would want reminded of it.