• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The owner seems like a prick. Can't imagine Budge would have proceeded if she though we were likely to get successfully sued.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Fans or club?

I've only seen good things from the fans so far unless I have missed something they seem like a decent bunch.

Met a few in the old mathers at broughton street about 5year ago ,,before they headed down to easter road for a pre season game,seemed ok friendly as ,like.....

The owners are total German helmets. The supporters are proper football fans. I’ve yet to meet anyone from Yorkshire I didn’t like. No front to them. 

jamboinglasgow

Dont blame the club blame the owner. Sounds a nasty piece of work who is using American style legal tactics to get money. Basically legal action is going to cost you and we make it go on and on so why not give us money to make it go away. 

I am sure that Ann has been given correct legal advice before the announcement that she is very confident it wont go far in court.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

The owner seems like a prick. Can't imagine Budge would have proceeded if she though we were likely to get successfully sued.

Exactly, she's a business woman whom would have taken legal advice before signing Stendel.

Their owner thinks we're due to pay compensation but we disagree - no big deal.

If they think they're right it's fair enough and if they're wrong then they're just wasting their own time and money.

Happy from a Hearts perspective that legal advice was sought and we were aware of the situation.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Stendel starts his job tomorrow & I believe his contract runs out at Barnsley at the end of the year? It’s hardly going to break the bank. 

Also they can’t stop stendel finding other employment under echr. Nothing to see here. 

Welcome stendel-lets get it right up the hibs and west coast media who are seething with this appointment.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont blame the club blame the owner. Sounds a nasty piece of work who is using American style legal tactics to get money. Basically legal action is going to cost you and we make it go on and on so why not give us money to make it go away. 

I am sure that Ann has been given correct legal advice before the announcement that she is very confident it wont go far in court.

This. I don't see why fans are getting it tight over their owners decisions, when most of them don't agree with it anyway.

Hopefully everything is fine from our end.

Let's be honest, the announcement on Saturday was to gloss over yet another pish result!

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge will have had sound legal advice before proceeding with the appointment so no concern here 

Yep.

See you in court.

10 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Just give them Wighton, Clare and Bozanic for free

Barnsley Owner "Hearts you owe us 500K"

Hearts "Have Wighton, Clare and Bozanic "

Barnsley Owner "OK, you now owe us £1 million"

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge will have had sound legal advice before proceeding with the appointment so no concern here 

That's what I'm thinking. Tinpot owners v astute Edinburgh business woman. My money is on the Edinburgh business woman. 

Perth to Paisley

I remember when a previous Chairman took legal advice and UEFA ended up doubling  the fine!

Just as well we have the top guys at the SFA to back us up.

13 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Stendel starts his job tomorrow & I believe his contract runs out at Barnsley at the end of the year? It’s hardly going to break the bank. 

Also they can’t stop stendel finding other employment under echr. Nothing to see here. 

Welcome stendel-lets get it right up the hibs and west coast media who are seething with this appointment.

The idiotic yank in charge at Barnsley has no idea or conception of the principles behind constructive dismissal legislation in this country as they have no comparible laws in the US.  An employer can hire and fire at will in the US (as long as their are grounds).  They can also hold employees on restrictive contracts, basically indentured servitude.  They cannot do the here under ECHR  employment Laws.  Dr Budge will have had both Scottish and English UK lawyers go over his contract and situation with a fine tooth comb.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I had a feeling this might happen. This can rumble on in the background while we climb the table! 

Would imagine they'll stop paying stendel now aswell which could see him open proceedings against them 

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would imagine they'll stop paying stendel now aswell which could see him open proceedings against them 

Tbf that’s probably not an issue. Common thing to do when someone you’re paying secured new employment. 

54 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, she's a business woman whom would have taken legal advice before signing Stendel.

Or got impulsive after yet another defeat at the weekend.

Anyway it'll be for the clubs to decide. DS can get on with his job and that's the main thing.

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Barnsley Owner "Hearts you owe us 500K"

Hearts "Have Wighton, Clare and Bozanic "

Barnsley Owner "OK, you now owe us £1 million"

First entertaining post you've made in quite a while :lol:

Edited by tian447

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Her brother a lawyer as well aye?

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The idiotic yank in charge at Barnsley has no idea or conception of the principles behind constructive dismissal legislation in this country as they have no comparible laws in the US.  An employer can hire and fire at will in the US (as long as their are grounds).  They can also hold employees on restrictive contracts, basically indentured servitude.  They cannot do the here under ECHR  employment Laws.  Dr Budge will have had both Scottish and English UK lawyers go over his contract and situation with a fine tooth comb.

You may be right but I’m sure Barnsley will have taken legal advice on this too.  As usual, the winners will be the lawyers.

Has anyone actually reported on what they after compensation for yet?  It doesn’t make any sense unless they are just trying to exploit a legal loophole.  Surely the only one losing out here will be Stendel, losing his wages until the end of his contract?

I don’t think this reflects well on Barnsley and other teams may be wary of doing business with them after this.

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

So they want payment for any of the other coaches who might join us?

This could  be fun.

Barnsley offered not pursue compensation for the back room staff on the premise Hearts paid compensation for Stendel.

I can only think Ann’s lawyers have checked this out and told her Barnsley do not have a leg to stand on for their claim for any compensation whatsoever.

Would think this could get taken to the Court of Sport Arbitration.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

The owners are total German helmets. The supporters are proper football fans. I’ve yet to meet anyone from Yorkshire I didn’t like. No front to them. 

I think you're confusing Barnsley with Bradford.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why would we assume that the Barnsley owners would also not have this?

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Why would we assume that the Barnsley owners would also not have this?

Personally I just trust Mrs Budge on this one 

11 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Barnsley accusing Stendel of talking to other club without Barnsley’s permission😬

CB3782FB-0270-4C37-92DF-0AD6FA3ED3CF.png

Is this statement sponsored by Sky Bet?

Auldreekie1874

Interesting last paragraph of Barnsley’s statement considering the Een are telling us Stendel will only be bringing one member of staff with him.

Just now, Auldreekie1874 said:

Interesting last paragraph of Barnsley’s statement considering the Een are telling us Stendel will only be bringing one member of staff with him.

Just what I was thinking 🤔