Russia

gashauskis9

Just been banned from all world sports.

If we don’t get their place at the Euros, I fully expect the SFA to take this to court.

I think they'll still be allowed to compete at Euro 2020 as the event wasn't listed on the WADA conditions. World Cup 2022 in Qatar was listed. 

Only band from major sporting comps. Committee don’t deem euros as a major event so does not apply. We are still miles of ever qualifying for anything even with other breaking the rules don’t worry

They are banned from everything bar the Euro's pretty much... Looking forward to March games. IF we beat Israel then its the biggest game since Italy!

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, CAI said:

We don't deserve to be anywhere near a World Cup or Euros anytime soon anyway. We embarrass ourselves as a nation enough during the qualifiers. 

Agree- they pumped us fair and square.. strange that they are allowed to play at euros in 2020 but not the WC though

wee bit nippy this thread is in the terrace as i opened one in the shed as its non hearts content anyways if a mod can merge that would be good

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree- they pumped us fair and square.. strange that they are allowed to play at euros in 2020 but not the WC though

FIFA and OOFA are 2 different things

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

It doesn’t affect the Euros or, indeed, the World Cup.

There are loopholes ! 
There are always loopholes !!

Just heard on the BBC 2 news that the ban does include the 2020 Euros and the 2022 World Cup.

Just when you think we have run out of ways to not qualify for something, we go and finish directly behind Russia in the wrong qualifying competition.

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Just when you think we have run out of ways to not qualify for something, we go and finish directly behind Russia in the wrong qualifying competition.

It must be added to the long list

I thought the women topped it in summer, people have been recalling Saudi U30s team beating our U16s in World final. This is up there. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

This

As far as I can make out teams and athletes will still compete if they can prove no doping (as all footballers will be able to) but no flag or anthems.

This won't affect Scotland at all - we still aren't going anywhere!

And the Euros isn't classed as a 'major sporting event' somehow.

I haven't seen anything suggesting doping in football in Russia is happening to any extent. 

There was an investigation but found "insufficient evidence". The dad of Denis Cheryshev claimed he was using a growth hormone but he was cleared. 

BBC Radio news are now reporting that they are banned from Euro 2020.  Still not hanging my hat on that though.

3 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

BBC Radio news are now reporting that they are banned from Euro 2020.  Still not hanging my hat on that though.

BBC website says Russia can play at Euros. 

5 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

Not on anything else.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Russia cheated fair & square. Would be a travesty, if a team as pish as Scotland stole their place.

😂😂 UEFA pleading for Russia to be allowed to stay in to avoid the tournament being devalued by Scotland

"We agree, it's not a major tournament, let them stay...please!!!"

53 minutes ago, Masonic said:

wee bit nippy this thread is in the terrace as i opened one in the shed as its non hearts content anyways if a mod can merge that would be good

The Terrace is for football topics in general though, not just Hearts.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I haven't seen anything suggesting doping in football in Russia is happening to any extent. 

There was an investigation but found "insufficient evidence". The dad of Denis Cheryshev claimed he was using a growth hormone but he was cleared. 

Gary O played there for a year and clearly never got tested

We got taught a lesson without the use of Loob by ****ing Kazakhstan,  We have no business being anywhere near the Euros.

40 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Gary O played there for a year and clearly never got tested

To be fair he was a fully certified dope before he even got there

2 hours ago, Homme said:

:lol:

Sad, but true! 

I don't care how we get there I just want to see us at a major finals again! Although apparently now if we ever quality for a Euros we can't consider it a major finals.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just been banned from all world sports.

If we don’t get their place at the Euros, I fully expect the SFA to take this to court.

Especially as they’re banned from the 2020 Olympics 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, CAI said:

We don't deserve to be anywhere near a World Cup or Euros anytime soon anyway. We embarrass ourselves as a nation enough during the qualifiers. 

I don’t think a bunch of thick football players really count as embarrassing ourselves as a NATION.

7 hours ago, baxterd1974 said:

UEFA are not considered to be a major event organiser oddly enough. That said it would be a laughable way to qualify anyway.

Perhaps, but I honestly wouldn’t care. Denmark won Euro 92, and nobody remembers or cares that they didn’t actually qualify for it and were only there because of the war in Yugoslavia.

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolute disgrace that a team of state sponsored doping cheats are being allowed Scotland’s rightful place at these Euros. Every one of their players is probably on performance enhancing drugs. 

Should be disqualified

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We got taught a lesson without the use of Loob by ****ing Kazakhstan,  We have no business being anywhere near the Euros.

Neither does Russia, most of it’s in Asia.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We were being led by a guy with an alcohol problem and some clear signs of illness though to be fair.

But aye we'd merely be there to make up the numbers

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Seems like a big story. But hardly anyone is talking about it really. 

What do you think Russians think about it? Do they think they are being framed or what

They'll more than likely blame the 'corrupt' west for planting fake records or evidence. Cold War never really ended after all did it?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not sure it was fair. 

Is that not the whole point in the verdict? 

8 hours ago, baxterd1974 said:

UEFA are not considered to be a major event organiser oddly enough. That said it would be a laughable way to qualify anyway.

Champions League is diddy

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Might be due to the fact that St Petersburg are a host city for Euros 2020

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Russia are a bigger name. UEFA won't budge and with the SFA being so inept I doubt they'll act either.

Farse but not a shock

I think games being in St Petersburg is more important to UEFA